Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 12:26 AM   #61  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-everytime I was told I had to eat more to lose weight, I thought they were nuts, and then got scared. That's pretty normal.

I walked my legs half off this afternoon. I had to go to the doctor today for a follow up from my hospitalization a year ago. I had to see if I had any permanent damage from the listeria infection for the class action law suit. Anytime I go to the doctor, my husband bribes me, so I told him I wanted to go window shopping at home depot. I terrorized him looking at $3000 refrigerators. Lots of paint swatches, and light fixture browsing later, I realized I was also terrorizing my feet. I got lots of good ideas though.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:16 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Merksie: Yes, it is amazing how our bodies work. I suppose the Lord knew what He was doing when He designed us after all. lol. Glad to see you back here.

Rat: Great job on the veggies! When is your surgery?

Catherine: I love looking at things to fix our home up too. There are so many projects that we want to do. I have started on our hall bathroom. I painted it and now I have some boarder with old fashioned outhouses on it that I want to put up. It needs a new door and handle and also I would like to replace the light fixture and sink in there. The one that is in there now has chips in it. The light fixtures are all in cold and I am a silver or brushed nickel sort of gal. Another project that we are hoping to have the funds for this summer is a wood burning stove in the livingroom. The room is small but, we really want a back up heating sorce, not to mention a romantic supply of warmth. lol.

I was so busy at work today it was unbelievable. Especially at the end of the day. I do the referrals from Dept. of Health and Welfare each day and I had 4 pages of them. In addition to the 4 pages of food stamp recipients, I had 10 Cash assistance Tafi (welfare) clients in 1 hour!!! That was crazy. Each one has to be screened to see if they qualify which takes about an hour to go through the questionaire and set up appointments. I worked 4 hours overtime this week and I am not supposed to have to. I am okay with that though because last week I missed 2 days with no pay when I was sick.

I got an interview with the New company set for Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. We shall see what happens. lol.

Well, I hope you are all doing wonderfully. I'll try to come on tomorrow at some point and tell you about my party.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 03-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #63  

Hi Annie!

I've postponed surgery for now. After reading how WLS as a tool can be circumvented by bad eating habits or emotional eating, I decided to get a counselor to delve into why I emotionally eat. I interviewed a counselor last Wed night and I think we will work well together!

Oiy, the salt from last night is showing up on the scale. Time to drink as GGG sez.

Hugs and Luv,
Rat
Old 03-07-2009, 10:37 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Things in my life have been busy. Like as in working 70 to 80 hours per week...consistently. That means I am not making time for exercise. And eating like crud. And that means I am gaining some weight. Like 5 pounds in the last few days. I am hoping most of it is water weight, but I know lots of it is pure weight.

So, I was thinking of trying to check in here more often, because I feel more accountable. I feel a bit like a failure. I thought I could do this on my own, but on my own I seem to think it's acceptable to work a ton and therefore skip work outs. Somehow I need to be able to do both. Not sure how it will work, but it needs to. I am considering joining a gym, and with it being open long hours, perhaps I can make it to it in the evening after work. I dunno, it is cheap (12 bucks a month), but will I go? I don't really know.

I guess I am asking if it's ok to come back. Anyone? I don't want to be intrusive, and I admit that at times I won't have time to post. But I need to get back to a point of accountabilty. Right now I am missing it greatly. I still really really really want to hit 299 this month.

That's it from me.

Later all,
Angie
Old 03-08-2009, 01:46 AM   #65  

Hi Everyone,

Angie, welcome back. The people here are really awesome and very supportive. I don't think anyone will mind if you can't post all the time. At least, I hope they won 't mind since I haven't post in a while myself.

Ratkitten, it is great that you are seeing a counselor to help with the emotional eating. Keep me posted on how it helps. I have often thought about getting a counselor for help.

For me, I know the reason behind my weight problem. I don't want to be noticed. I want to blend in with the walls. I should rephrase that. I don't want to be noticed by men. I was raped before. I want a weight barrier so no one will notice me. I know I have to lose weight for me health but when I start to lose and look better, I freak out and go on a binge. Intellectually, I know all this but I can't stop the freak out. I have been to counselors also but it has never really got through to me. I guess I never found the right counselor.

Well, so far, I lost 15 pounds but fear I gained them back. I binged on Girl Scout cookies. I am walking still though so I hope it will balance it out or, at least, not make it so bad. Well, I will talk more later.

Thank you, Sweetcakes736, for the message. I needed it.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:21 AM   #66  

Ahhh Realist, my sweet lurker - you will always be welcome here! MIA times are always forgotten.

Acc - I too use my weight as a buffer. I'm aware of a lot of the reasons I want to continue to be an amorphous blob. The one thing I want to work on right now is coping with stress without eating (or attempting to eat) every peanut M&M on the planet. I'm hoping the counselor and I can work together to minimize my responses to stress. Just as an aside, you might want to sell your stock in M&Ms hehe.

Hugs to all!

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 03-08-2009, 07:36 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Accountess, so sorry it happened to you, it is something a lot of women have experienced in one form or another. I hope you get/got help to overcome this.xxxxxxxxxxx
Realist, why ask???? You KNOW or SHOULD that you are always welcome, after all a lot of us, ME I mean, lol!!!! Keep going AWOL & gaining/giving up. I'm back OP AGAIN, I know you can do it too.xxxxxxxxx
I feel weird, eating BUTTER, olive oil & BACON, lots of salad too but no carbs, a bit like South Beach. No coffee, either, oh boy I really need some!!! BUT making do with herbal tea, lol!!! It's my 10 wedding anniversary in July, it would be great to be a couple of sizes SMALLER.
xxxxxsharon
pc Ggg how is Johnnie doing?xxxxxxx
Old 03-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angie - it's nice to see you back. Post when you can. I am with you on the accountability issue. I think I'm bigger/smarter/stronger and can do it on my own. We both know there is support here - take what works and use it - leave the rest. I'm not able to post as much as some but when I can - I do.

Sharon - Johnnie is finally home after 82 days away - she is feeling much better being at home recuperating. I will tell her you asked - I'm sure one of these days she will be able to pop her head back in. She has been touched by everyone wondering how she is doing. Thanks for asking!

It was much nicer to post a release today on TBL WI - it wasn't fun coming home 16 pounds heavier and after a week posting a 6 pound gain. I like the (-) in front of those results.

Annie - how was the party? Hope you had big sales so you can get lots of free stuff.

Rat - did you guzzle the water to get rid of the sodium? When asked the one thing that makes the most difference in my journey I always tell them water. Not sure if that's true for me or not but I'm not going to drink a gallon of water just to offset it with bad choices. It's like exercise - if I exercise I'm going to make good food choices - not going to waste it. Make any sense?

Looking for new dinner ideas away from the same old same old. Whatcha eating tonight?

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 03-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #69  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Carol this is what we had last night and the kids loved it! I made a double batch to freeze some!

http://www.mom-mom.com/barley.htm
Old 03-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies...

Angie: Welcome back and post when you can!!!!

As for me: Last night my sis cancelled her party cause there was only going to be 1 person there lol. That is the way it goes. BUT I didnt waste the night. Passed and left a few flyers here and there. Once I STOP treating my business like a hobby I will be great at it!

Oh today is weigh in gotta post lol
Old 03-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Sunday all,

Rat: I think that is such a wise decison to postpone your surgery until you get to the bottom of things. I know I would have not been as successful as I've been without all the time on Optifast and couseling to break my relationship with food and to see what was causing me to eat like I was. It was the best thing that has ever happened to me. Hugs to you and good luck. Stay strong.

Angie: intrusive Poosive! You are always, always welcome back here my friend. Hugs and glad to see you. Post when you can. No pressure.

Sharon: I think you can get really close to 2 sizes down by July! I will be rooting for you sweetie.

My party was fantastic. Everyone had so much fun. I loved, loved the makeup. Especially the eyeshadow that doubles as lip stick. You use thier gloss and dip the wand into whatever color of eyeshadow you want and can then apply it to your lips. It was so fun to try on everything. I earned $25 off of my order plus 2 people are going to have a party and I will earn another $5 off of each party for my future makeup orders. I will continue to order from them I beleive cause it is amazig and all natural. I served wine and one lady that I work with got quite tipsy. I felt so sad for her because it was so obvious she is sad. It all came out when she was drunk. It was very fun though.

Well, I am not feeling very good again so I am going to go change my sheets and take a napster.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #72  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I have been beating myself up all week about how I have only lost 20 lbs since starting watching my health March last year.

But in church today the message was about making healthy choices and how God desires us to be healthy. But to do that we must Love as in 1 Corinthians 13. Love is patient, love is kind...If you love yourself be patient with self. The weight did not come on over night therefore is unreasonable for it to come off over night. Take the time and be patient. Be kind to yourself. Making healthy choices is an act of kindness to self. Also pamper self etc. The acts of kindness you do for others should also be ones you do for yourself. You Are Worth it! For me lesson learned is to keep plugging away at loving myself. That will make me a more effective wife, mother and friend.

Hope that was not to "churchy". But I really wanted to share. If you would like to hear the message directly PM me and I will give you the link to my churches website where they post the message.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #73  

Height: 5'7"

I woke up a with a stomach bug about 1 am this morning...I do tend to catch what the little one have. One kid went home sick on thursday with an upset tummy. I am feeling pretty good now and was able to eat tonight. what a way to shrink my stomach...LOL
I just totalled my calories and came at 590. I will do better tommorow.
I did some housework between trips to the bathroom and napping. I got all my easter stuff out and I know the kids will be excited tommorow to see it all.
I also framed pic from the wedding and some of my precious granddaughter.
I posted a 4lb gain last week. I jsut couldnt stay with it and it really got to me!
I am back focused on losing weight and Carol pointed out to me last night that i seem to do better when i have a goal in my head. I mentioned to her that my daughters and son inlaws college graduation is in May. I have the perfect dress for it.I have to get into it!! So thats my goal for now. I think the dress is a 14.I want to be right at 200 by then or at least by july 4th.
angie so great to have you back..you have been missed!!
hugs to all..

Last edited by dgramie; 03-08-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #74  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

First, hugs for everyone and a big hug for Accountess.

I haven't been posting much lately. A friend gave me a key to use the free gym in his building. I have gone five nights in a row and I am still thinking about going tonight ~ haven't decided yet. I was thinking Sunday would be my rest day and I'd try to work out the other six nights of the week.

This is really new for me ~ historically I have been deeply, deeply lazy. I belonged to a gym for a few months in 2004, started off gung-ho but quickly quit going. This time it seems to be different though. I really WANT to go because I really want to ramp up my metabolism, and I am enjoying the sensation of actual movement as well as the pain and tiredness afterwards. Weirdly, it feels good! I really really really hope I can stay motivated until it becomes a habit. The downside is, I lose 1 1/2 hours of my evening I used to spend online, house cleaning, and with my dogs...but if it helps me on my weight-loss journey, then it's worth it...
Old 03-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #75  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies.. just wanted to check in with you. I am getting closer to going back to work part time (Wednesday is my appointment.. should be cleared to go back as of next Monday!), and closer to going to physical therapy. I am weird, but I am looking forward to PT. Anything to get up and move!

I was down to 393 but I had a bad eating day, so I packed on about 6lbs of water weight. I am going to ignore the scale for the next couple days and get as much water in as possible. I am basically just hanging out and trying to not be too bored. I'm finally able to get up to the computer more often, so hopefully I'll be back around more now.

Hugs to those who need 'em.. you're all in my thoughts!
Closed Thread