3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Weekly Thread #1200 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/165804-300-weekly-thread-1200-a.html)

Heather 03-02-2009 08:12 AM

300+ Weekly Thread #1200

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!

Heather 03-02-2009 08:13 AM

Morning, everyone!

I'm noticing the exercise thread slowing down a little -- come on, let's get moving AND reporting those minutes!!!

dolfingirl2000 03-02-2009 09:11 AM

Hi everybody :wave:

Well I did exercise for at least 45 minutes yesterday and I didn't work so I didn't do bad as far as eating goes. :carrot::broc: So I'm happy today--except for the fact that we are in the middle of a winter storm here in MA. :p The only good thing about it is that they canceled school today so I don't have to drive the school buses. :dance:

Catherine--at least now you know what **** is like for dieters and that you can survive. ;) You know, I'm absolutely SICK of snow here in MA and can't even begin to imagine how you're feeling about it up in Canada. It's not even as cold here as it could be, but I still hate it.:( I guess I could always move to the desert in Arizona, but then I'd be to far away from my family so I feel the need to suffer the snow. *sigh* The things we do for our loved ones.

Annie~~I hope that you're feeling better soon.You're doing so good with your weight loss and you're looking great! I'm a little jealous, but I'll get there soon. Keep up the good work. :hug:

Ratkitty--how was Lord of the Rings? I love those movies. We have a nice HDTV but we don't have surround sound yet. I can't wait to get it and watch movies. We have a Blu Ray player which is nice too. We got that for Christmas. We actually bought a BluRay movie--"Journey to the Center of the Earth"--with Brenden Fraser. We watched it with the 3D glasses it came with and it gave me a headache. Other than the headache, it was a good movie. So the moral of the story is to NOT watch the movie in 3D. And I didn't really see a big difference between the regular discs I played and the Blu Ray disc. Maybe you need to see them side by side to see the difference.

Heather--I like your new avatar picture. I know you've probably had it for a while, but I like it. :)

Okay, I'm going to go work on my restaurant menu. :o Did I tell all of you that we're going to be opening a restaurant? We're waiting for the lawyer to call us back about the lease and then hopefully we'll sign it and get in there and start painting and fixing it up. It's going to be a breakfast, lunch, and dinner place with breakfast all day. We're calling it the
"Cozy Kettle".I am so excited! I'm making everything from scratch--pancakes, waffles, etc. and I'm putting healthy items on the menu as well. Like you can substitute Egg Beaters or Egg Whites for no additional charge. And of course fresh salads and soups. I'm also going to make homemade chili using ground turkey instead of hamburger. It'll be a little healthier with less fat and as long as it tastes good it shouldn't matter, right? So that's what I'm doing. If anyone has any suggestions I am open for them.

Okay, I'm going to go for now. Hi to everyone who I missed. I only went back as far as my last post so I'm sure that there are several of you. have a wonderful day everyone.

:wave: Vicki

Ratkitten 03-02-2009 09:27 AM

Good morning all!

SNOW.. yes, that's the word for the day. My goldens are outside seeing who can make the most yellow snow. They are so funny. They get balls of snow stuck to their fur and the boy golden eats them off the girl golden. Goofs.

My redneck carport lived! I spend most of the morning getting snow off the roof of it before it totally collapsed. Then I shoveled steps front and back and the walkway. There's a nice thin layer of ice below the snow (oh joy) and I'm out of rock salt.

Dolf, LOTR was GREAT. I have bluray as well but my LOTR extended version set is not bluray. Because the bluray does some magic to make regular dvds sharper, there's not really much diff between watching bluray and reg unless you are watching some of the computer graphic animation movies. This might change in the future.

Well, I'm thawing out now. My fingers got so cold they got extreemly painful when warming up. I was on a mission to get the 6inches of snow off the top of the redneck carport and didn't stop to change gloves.

Hugs to all!
Ratkitten

dgramie 03-02-2009 09:34 AM

IM BACK!!! The wedding was PERFECT!!! The weather could have been worse but it was spitting ice pellets pretty much the whole day but it didnt stick to the ground...It was beautiful and my daughter was radiant. My granddaughter was perfect and slept thru the whole reception!!! We had a wonderful time and my daughter and new son inlaw are honeymooning in the smoky mountians.I was exhausted yesterday but am coming around today. My body is sore and i am counting the hours of cleaning up and decorating as exercise!!! LOL I worked up a good sweat both times!!
Im up 6lbs on the scales..but I ate !!! IM back OP today and drinking water!! I also am going to exercise this month as spring is coming...We are in the 20 today for highs but 60s later in the week!!
hugs to all!!

JuliaDH 03-02-2009 09:51 AM

Debi - I am soooo pleased all went well! Been praying all weekend for ya! Please post some pics if its ok with dd!

Got dinner in the oven but need to run and get a shower. will try for personals from last week later this evening!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

dgramie 03-02-2009 10:12 AM

It will be a few days before I get any pictures online.Im waiting for someone to send me some they took. I didnt take any during it!! Hugs

DCHound 03-02-2009 10:51 AM

dgramie ~ congrats on a lovely wedding! Sounds like a lot of work.

I spent yesterday cleaning out my closet. All the 22/24/2Xs are now too big too, so I took them and my old 26/28/3Xs down to the basement. I'm shipping them all to a friend who had WLS in December starting from a 34/36/5X and she's already lost almost 70 lbs and is now in a 4X about to be able to wear a 3X. I'm so proud of her.

I was shocked that I can now fit into most of my old size 18 sweaters and tops. It was a nice surprise though. I will be a lot more excited when I can fit into the size 18 jeans though!!

Happy Monday everyone!

Ratkitten 03-02-2009 11:05 AM

Welcome back deb!

I'm so glad the wedding went well and the baby slept and you were happily exhausted after it was over. I would call that a success!!

Hugs,
Rat

Debbie54 03-02-2009 02:09 PM

Blc

The results are in!!

Vamp 03-02-2009 04:18 PM

Afternoon everyone.. I'm back again after a long hiatus, glad to see that there are still some people I remember! I quit weight watchers after financial reasons stopped me from being able to afford it and quickly gained 25 pounds.. Grrr!! I'm trying to figure out how to afford WW again and trying to get back on the wagon.. I was only 8 pounds from getting under 300 too, and I was so excited! I'm trying to figure out where I stuck my motivation..sighs.

I'm also 1.5 lbs over the wii fit weight limit so I need to figure out how to get some exercise in so I can start using it again.. I knew I had to come back here as all of you are so motivational and I can use ALL the help I can get.. Seriously. I need help! :P

I'm going to try to come here every day and post and hopefully *fingers crossed* start a new blog and maybe just maybe I can get back on track.. I'm also trying to save money to move to England so I can live with my boyfriend and I'd like to be as fit as possible before I go. (Maybe 10 or 11 months)

Anyways.. so.. Hi again.. and I hope y'all see more of me soon. :)

kayleystar 03-02-2009 05:03 PM

Hello all! Going to make a better effort of being in here this week! Last week was crazy, and I think this one may be as well, due to midterms, but I'll try and pop in here at least once a day! I must go, as I have to work on a Practice Petition for a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy that's due tomorrow.

Tata ladies!

Oh, and VAMP! I'm doing WW at home. I just follow the plan, weigh in every week, and it's been working well just doing it at home. So you don't HAVE to go to the meetings to be successful. :)

CatherineM 03-02-2009 06:22 PM

Back OP again. Any time I can do it after a day is good. I go more than a day or two, and it is really hard to get back on the horse. They also had Chinese food, so even making decent decisions, my ankles are the size of Zeppelins today. It can be hard to work on home work when you have to stop every half an hour to run to the bathroom. That's better than trying to stuff swollen footballs into your shoes.

It reminds me of what a nutritionist told me. We can call ourselves lucky to be overweight because we are now on the diet that everyone should be on. Our outside might not be so pleasing right now, but within two weeks of starting a diet, your insides start to get better. I'm still a couple of hundred pounds overweight, but the angiogram of my heart showed the cleanest, healthiest heart the cardiologist had ever seen. If my outside could look as good as my inside, then I might really be ecstatic.

Point is that my normal weight brothers have always eaten everything they wanted to, smoked, drank, and I'm just waiting for a call to come that one of them has had a stroke or heart attack. Doctors do not talk to skinny people about their diets until they are in the ER with chest pains. By then, it may be too late.

gggirls 03-02-2009 08:04 PM

Hiya Peeps - everything going well here. Very humbling to post the current weight on TBL thread. Seems I'm never to leave the morbidly obese category - which for me is at 270.

I was planning to exercise a bit tonight but after one day back on the foot and in non-athletic shoes the foot is really swollen again. Listen to the doc - maybe he knows what he speaks of.

Great OP day - hope you all had the same.

Hugs to all,
Carol

dolfingirl2000 03-02-2009 08:39 PM

Hi Everybody :wave:

Stupid question, I'm sure, but where do you go to find out if you're just overweight, obese, morbidly obese, etc? I just don't know where to go to get that information.

Thanks,

Vicki :wave: