Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #31  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi everyone

Time seems to be short on the ground at times. Not sure why but every thing seems take me 10 times longer to do alright I exaggerate but you get the picture.

We had a few flurries of snow at lunch time but nothing settled on the ground but it sure feels cold in the shade. Did nothing but rain yesterday but at least we have seen the sun on and off today.

Just finished my grocery shop for the week but I am not shattered so sitting down and drinking a cuppa after unpacking the bought goods. Used a voucher today that allowed me $6.00 off $60.00. So nice saving and next time I go shopping I can have the same again but also take off my nectar points as well so a saving of $11 which all counts during this time of recession.

Had a go on my sisters wii the other day oh my goodness it said I had the balance of a 75 year old I know it is bad but I did hope for a wee bit better especially as I am 44. I managed the grand total of 3 seconds of standing on one leg Also had the opportunity of having a go on the games that did not require too much movement to have me falling over. I throughly enjoyed this not to mention the company spent at my sisters house on Sunday. we went for the day and had a great time. Our dog was shattered also after spending the day with our nieces and they were playing nearly all day with him. He loved the playing around and all the fuss. Though our dog now still thinks he is a puppy not a 10 year old dog with a touch of arthritis.

Time to go and sort out some tea for tonight. Nice to drop by and put in an appearance. Take care all

purpleorc
Old 03-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hello ladies! It’s Wednesday. On the one hand, that’s one day closer to the weekend, and on the other hand that means classes start today. (I have classes Weds-Fri). I’m going to head to the gym before my class starts at 3:45pm. I’m so glad that Spring Break is next week! Heading to St. Louis next Friday to visit one of my best friends. I can’t WAIT!

Although I didn’t see a loss, and actually had yet another gain this week, for no apparent reason, I’m not going to give up. I’m about to grab my oatmeal, and then take my butt to the gym.

Ratkitten – Haha! Agreed!

Dgramie – I’m sure that all that water weight will be gone by your next weigh-in. Or at least most of it! Keep your head up, and GREAT for getting back OP! :]

Sweetcakes
– It’s good to see you in here! Just post when you can. That’s fantastic news about your son all around!! It’s awesome that you guys are there for each other.

Purpleorc
– I’m only 22 years old, but I’d probably have about the same balance! Lol. I’m horribly clumsy, and run into things/fall over all the time. Haha. Been that way my whole life. I love the Wii though, and glad you had a good time with it. :]
Old 03-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Just a quick fly by - hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday! I have made a commitment - I am going to workout tomorrow night! Neighbor knows, hubby knows and now you all know - I can't wait to post that I actually did it!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Annie: UGh about your work!

Sweetcakes: post when you can! Great to hear that your son likes this palce! It is nice to have somewhere to go and everyone knows where you have been and going.

Me: Well today I did 2,790 calories. I want to be at about 2,500. I am also going to get Jillians book again..really enjoyed reading that!

Work has been blah! My mind is not there...I know that is why.

Tonight..Hubby is taking my measurments. This outta be interesting!

Last edited by azcyn; 03-04-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #35  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!

Debi - Glad your feeling better!

Annie - Something will be arranged work wise. Keep the faith!

GGG - Did ya get your work out in?

My week has been off with people making unexpected demands on me. I need to relearn how to say no to adults. Saying no to my kids is easy. But other people its hard. In the mean time I end up neglecting myself ie)exercise and healthy lunches.

Have a successful OP day everyone & Hugs!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone.

I finally got to the doctor, which I was consumed with for days and days. I was so scared and nervous and just, I dunno, it was hard for me to go. So, I went and my doctor is wonderful. She really is a good one and really cared about who I was as a person as well as my issues. Very excited to have me as her patient I think as she could tell with my weight loss and attitude that I was really wanting to step up and get some help so I can help myself.

So, today I'm doing blood work, I haven't eaten or drunk anything for 12 hours and that will then see what I'm lacking in terms of nutrients. My doctor thinks I have issues with my diet, and I agree. So, I'm even going to be visiting a nutritionist to hammer out a non-diet lifestyle change. I expressed that I really am not wanting to be in a "dieter" frame mind anymore and that at times I feel that I am.

My hair is still falling out, which could be diet, hormones, and allergies. So, we will explore that, but I have loads more doctor appointments in the future, but I'm less scared now and wanting to go. I'm sure I'll be nervous, I'm nervous today, but I'm not terrified of what will happen anymore. I'm glad i went.

So, my balding head and myself are going to let them take me blooooood. I hope you ladies are well. I'm on a heavy TOM this month...ew.

Anyhow, *HUGS HUGS HUGS*
Old 03-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #37  

Height: 5'7"

Not alot going on here this morning.Hubby is sick with the flu or something.He has a sore throat and body aches. HE wont go to the dr!!
I think i have my head back on right..i am writing down and counting every bite today. Im wondering if some of this extra weight is from laughing cow cheese having sodium in it. I have been eating quite a few peices a day and today i noticed it tasted salty. I am going to go back to using the dailyplate and see what i am doing wrong.
just a few weeks ago eating right was so easy...now is the time i could use some of that willpower and easy days we talked about wanting to bottle!!!
hugs to all
Old 03-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #38  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Ladies

It has been a tough day today not a good day. Walking difficult and even feeding myself. So this will be a short entry today, I have enjoyed reading everyones post. I knew that there would be days like this so not down hearted about it. I don't think all the laughing I did trying to feed myself helped my coordination either. What with the uncontrolled shaking and then me laughing making the issue ten times worse. DH offered to feed me but I am "independent Annie " so will not give up doing things without a fight.

Tomorrow might be a better day so I can do more that I can today. Take care all till next time

purpleorc
Old 03-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #39  

Height: 5'7"

1 wedge of laughing cow cheese has 250mg of sodium. Thats alot of sodium for only 35 calories!!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:15 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Purpleorc, sorry about the food/eating, at least you can laugh about it, GOOD FOR YOU!!xxxxxx
Carol/gg I need pics as proof you did the exercise!!!lol I was supposed to start exercising but pulled a neck muscle coughing so I'm just going lots of walks until it feels better.xxxxxx
Annie hope you are feeling better.xxxxxx
Ammi & Beth, where are you both & how are you both doing? Hope the weather is good there, we've had sunshine, SNOW then sunshine, dunno whether to wear jumpers or 't' shirts!!!!xxxxxxx
I've not been to slimming club, I'm trying a new plan one of the mums at school has been using, she's lost 3 stone (42lbs!!!!) in three months!!! And says she is so full of energy as well, she needs to lose another 40-odd pounds and says she feels confident about it. Having tried almost every diet she can find; & not succeeding; she is VERY happy with this one, a plus is it's SO funny to read too. It's written by two women who both needed to lose substantial amounts of weight but realised what a pain it can be.
Hubby is facing redundancy AGAIN, we are both worried sick and he's been very snappy with me which just got me crying & him feeling bad, why do men have to 'hold it all in' then explode instead of talking about their worries???
Anyway, being a pig won't help the situation so I have to get on with life & see what happens.
xxxxxxsharon
ps Debbie so glad it went well, (wedding)hurry up with the pics!!!!!xxxxxxx
Old 03-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I spent all last night catching up on some of the homework I’d been slacking on, so last night was productive. I’m getting ready to head to the gym, and then class tonight until 9pm.

Have a great day, ladies!!!

Carol – Have a great workout today!

Cyn
– I love having measurements done! When the scale starts to slow, the measurements help keep me on track!

Julia – I so hear you on that. I have such a hard time saying no to people. Hope you have a good day today!

Jacquie - *Hugs* Hope all goes well at the Doctor’s today.

Purpleorc - *hugs to you!* I hope you have a better evening.

Sharon – WOW! That’s a great loss! I hope you are able to have the same kind of success.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #42  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-Oh, the wonders of state contract work. I remember it well. As disruptive as it is to the workers, how can all this chaos be good for the clients?

Purple-I also shop using points off. Our big shopping store is also our bank, mortgage company, and credit card company. I know that sounds strange, but ever time we use our credit card, we get points that we can redeem at the grocery. Last time I got $100 worth. Every penny counts. When I had my right hand in a sling, and had trouble eating with my left, I focused on eating like the astronauts. Only solid finger food.

Carol-If you don’t go work out, we will all have to pay you a visit.

Jacquie-I had trouble with my hair falling out when my thyroid was messed up. I certainly understand about hating to go to the doctor. We all expect the worst. I’ve had the worse happen a few times, so that doesn’t help any.

Sharon-sorry about your husband. I’m married to the opposite, he wants to talk about his feelings all the time. He can even ask bus drivers for directions. There was something amiss in his childhood training. There is so much uncertainty right now, the stress has got to be horrible for you guys.

I did not make it to the pool today. I had to teach a late class last night, and when I woke up this morning it was -20 and snowing. I just rolled over and went back to sleep. If I get caught up on my work, I’ll head to the mall later for a walk. It was above freezing yesterday, so things melted, just to refreeze into black ice, and now snow on top of that is just treacherous. -35 wind chill doesn’t help either. I’m such a wimp.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #43  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

((((((((Purple)))))))) Hope you are feeling better.

Happy Thursday to everyone else.

Catherine, be careful on the ice. I hate ice; it's treacherous. I moved up here from Florida and really the only time I miss it is when we have ice. Snow's fine; ice is not.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #44  

Greetings all!

Catherine, you are NOT a whimp. OMG.. furthest from it, I would say. No one in their right mind would want to get up with -20... oh, um... forgot who I was talking to.. hehe.

I just spent 2 hours trying to get Sirius installed in my car. The actual installation was easy and I was proud how easily I routed the antenna. Then came activation. I apparently need an internet only available cable.. BLEH. Only took 1.5 hrs to figure out. *sigh* I prayed for patience, and G*d said "wait". I used to say I prayed for patience and I got a rescued dog by the same name! hehe. She was a great pound puppy.

Hugs to all! I knew there were lurking roosters around here! Special hugs to you.

Luv,
Ratkitten
Old 03-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everybody

PMS is rearing its ugly head and I am not happy right now. I know it's me because seriously, there is one day where I am just UNREASONABLE about everything and I take what people say the wrong way. Right now my bosses son is a jerk and so is my boyfriend. The bosses son for asking his brother to move his car or "she will just sit in the bus until she has a place to park". She being me of course and that is not what I said. And I wasn't even rude to the ignoramous--I parked my bus and checked it out and went home. I didn't even go into the office. Part of it is because I know that I was wrong--I didn't notice that the bonehead had moved the truck so there was a parking place so I didn't drive into the yard. I just didn't want to deal with his father yelling at me right then either because the mood I am in I would have ended up quitting my job which would not be a good thing right now. So, while it may have been my fault for not noticing the truck was moved, he didn't need to speak about me in a very deragotory manner. I know my spelling is off and I apologize for that because it's a pet peeve of mine.

And the man is in the doghouse because when I came home and vented to him, he had the audacity to say, "Do you have PMS every day?" I am not irrational most of the time and he really hurt my feelings by saying that. And my dog is acting like a jerk and growling at me right now too, so that's just adding to how wonderful my day is going.

I'm probably not going to work out again today, although I had planned on walking on the treadmill because I just want to cry. I did okay eating today, but I could have done better and I know it. I have a headache and feel nauseous to make things even worse.

At least my dog just wants to snuggle me which is making me feel a little better. Thanks for listening. I read all of the posts but I just don't have it in me right now to post personals. Have a great night everyone.

Vicki
Closed Thread