Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #46  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Hey Gals - With the holidays upon us how you do plan on staying On Plan? Also if you are on facebook I started a christmas cookie recipe exchange. PM me for the link. For me I plan on preparing only cookie doughs that can be frozen. Then I can take them out to bake and take to an event with none sitting around tempting me. I have not found a solutions for savoury foods. Although many recipies can be altered to be healthier. Cookies not so easy to do. LOL All tips welcomed!
Old 11-21-2008, 06:08 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi Peeps - boy is it good to be back home! Even though Kansas is next door I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz - there's no place like home. There's also nothing like the warm embrace of my DH at the airport and the flapping tails of two very excited furbabies to know how very loved and lucky I am.

My day started with the annual well woman exam - well every 8 years is annual for me - we agreed this time to every two years provided the results are good. I left there with a snoopy bandaid from a tetanus shot, a flesh colorored bandaid from a flu shot and a silvery glitter bandaid from bloodwork. All of this followed by a yellow bandaid from the last injection in my knee - I felt like a kid today with all the bandaids. On a very positive front my knee feels like new and the injections last an average of one to two years.

Annie - is it too late to say you aren't willing yet to do the endorsement? I never could do Oprah or anything like that - even if it meant free plastic surgery. It would horrify me to think of talking publicly about my weight if it involved my previous weight being discussed in pounds. Have fun shopping with your friend. I have a similar trip planned with one of my nieces since apparently I can't buy clothes that fit. She is more excited than I am I think.

Debi - hugs to you as you are packing. Remember you have done a wonderful job and she has accomplished this because of the strength you have given her over the years.

Julia - its so nice to see you posting again. I've missed you!

Jacquie - it's also nice to see you posting again. It helps me when I am feeling anti-social to attempt to post - it also gets me motivated.

Toni - how was your WI today? Have a nice time with your DD.

Melissa - welcome back! Great support from this group. I look forward to getting to know you.

I am actually looking forward to a weekend of cleaning both inside and out. I love the holiday feeling the is starting to fill me and hope to extend the spirit of thanksgiving to those I love.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 11-21-2008, 06:51 PM   #48  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

My weigh in went well, I did not gain and I was happy with that. I stayed right where I was last week, what we call a "Turtle". I decided not to keep leftover pasta in the main fridge, just the back fridge where I won't see it umpteen times a day.
Daughter called about 4:30, they had just left so they should be home about midnightish.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:55 AM   #49  

Hi Ladies. Well Day 1 went good for me. Stayed under my calorie limit! Hope you all are well.

~M
Old 11-22-2008, 07:26 AM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

Weigh in was good..loss of 1.4lb so it brings me to a new low of 228.
WE have everything she is taking this round loaded into the moving van. At one point her her future husband looked at her and said "HUN we should have bought a bigger house" I think he was a bit overwhelmed with the amount of her stuff..She has bought pampered chef for years to have for her home someday. Now we get to wash it all and put in cabinets.
We are heading out about 9 this morning and are praying to get it unloaded fast.I plan on working on cleaning the kitchen and bath before unpacking...i want to make sure its clean.LOL
So far im doing much better than i expected with it all...i only teared up once last night..i think i am more overwhelmed with the work i will have to do to get things back in order here after all her stuff is gone.
Can anyone explain to me how dust can get under a bookcase that sits on the floor??????
hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and getting in the holiday spirit.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

dgramie: I can explain..dust bunnies are evil!! LOL Plain and simple! Hope you wont get to teary eyed today..

As for me..I have my first party tonight! For those of you that are new..or forgot..I sell Slumber Parties stuff. I am excited..and nervous! Will let yall know how it goes.

I am going to do some house cleaning this morning..I really need a maid!

Toodles all.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #52  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello ladies and good afternoon

It is a crisp November day sun has been shining but still remains cold but to be expected for this time of the year. I have been for my little walk today with my DH mind you looked like I was going to rob a bank with this scarf wrapped around my face to to protect me from the wind. This is because cold wind can trigger a trigeminial neuralgia attack. I have put the washing out today and I am sure the neighbours think I am a bit strange being so dressed up just to peg a few bits and pieces on the line.

dgramie I can understand how sad time and happy time on the other hand this must be for you with your daughter moving to a new phase in her life.

Great news on the weight loss that is good to hear the the scales are going in the right direction. You will have had lots of extra exercise this week with the cleaning and moving your daughter into her new house. Dust under furniture is one of life's mysteries. I recently moved a bookcase in the lounge to a different position and was horrified by the amount of dust that had managed to creep underneath there.

I can understand why you poured the egg nog down the sink. It is an easier way of not hurting someones feelings especially when they have taken the time to get you something special. So what he doesn't see won't hurt him.

Vilandra485Welcome back to the thread. Nice to meet you so to speak and look forward to getting to know you in the weeks to come. Great news that day one was on plan and within calorie limit.

ToniLight Good policy moving the pasta out of sight out of mind. Nothing worse than being reminded every time you open the fridge door and see it there calling to you.

gggirls Welcome back home, yes there is nothing like home especially when your loved ones are there. Do you go away for work reasons or pleasure?

With all those plasters (band aids) it looks as though you have been in a fight with a cat Good news that the knee lasts 1 to 2 years before needing more treatment. Anytime being pain free is greatly appreciated I am sure. Plus you do not realise how much you use your knee in every basic daily activity. that all blood work etc comes back good news. It is good that you get to have health checks like this. I don't think health checks are available to us until we hit retirement age. We get mammograms us ladies every year after the age of 50 I think. Plus every 3 years we get a smear or more if you have an untoward history like my sister where precancerous cells were found.

JuliaHood
I am glad that cookies aren't that popular here in this country otherwise I am sure I would be addicted to them. I know biscuits was one of my downfall especially chocolate digestives ( off to wash my mouth out with soap ) Looking at the calorie content of these and how you were hungry like 5 minutes later.

dogpal Glad you are feeling better today. Also good news that the camera angle was playing tricks and making you look bigger than you were. Nice of the professional photographer to take so more photographs for free and I am sure that they will be more flattering.

Jacquie668 I can sympathise with you at the minute with the weight loss stalling. My weight loss at the minute is going at a snails pace. Seem to be losing and gaining the same couple of pounds and going no where fast.

azcyn Cars are expensive items to run what with the cost of fuel and then on top the cost of any repairs. Repair bills never come at a good time, not that there is a good time to be paying out money. At least you do not have to rely on public transport to get to work and have a work colleague to take you. Fuel here is so expensive though but has come down a few pence in recent weeks but how long for

Time to go and have a workout session on my whole body vibration machine. I have been putting it off but I really must get my rear end in gear. So bye for now ladies and take care

purpleorc
Old 11-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Hiya Peeps - how's everyone this wonderful Saturday?

We have been busy getting ready for the holiday here both inside and outside. I think Thursday morning we will just need to give it a quick onceover. DH will do that while I am cooking.

Water class was great this morning - she was making up for us not having class next week. My niece didn't go this morning and one of the other class member was talking with me (which meant I didn't work as hard). When she learned of my weight loss she made a big deal of it to the class. I am so uncomfortable with this type of spotlight. I was glad when it was over.

Tonight we are heading out for dinner with friends. We are hitting a place I haven't been before so I don't have a "house favorite" and should be able to make a good choice - Italian is not usually much of an issue for me.

That's about it from the cool midwest today. Hope you all enjoying your weekend.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 11-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #54  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Purple-I’m working on a masters in theology. I already have two bachelors and a doctorate, so I have basically become what my mother was always afraid was going to happen—a professional student. Between being middle aged, and having had a brain injury, I just don’t learn as fast as the 20 year old seminarians I spend all my time with. I suspect that it’s good for them to have me around though.
Annie-Some people are just jerks. That photographer will never accomplish anything with his life that matches what you have done in just a couple of years. You should tell them that they need to find a new photographer because if he is going to do work for them, you aren’t the last one that he will photograph. He could be responsible for someone relapsing.
Cyn-$800 for a fan belt??!! I’d get a second opinion. That’s kooky talk.
Carol-Next week is my last pool class until January. Pool is closing for maintenance. There are only 3 pools in all of Edmonton that have ramps to get in and out of. The rest of the facilities are accessible, but not the pools. The other one on our side of town is also closed at the same time for maintenance. That wasn’t good planning on someone’s part. The other pool is on the complete South side of town, and the classes are at 7pm. It is about an hour, one way on the bus, so I’m not sure how many times I’ll make it there. I’m not sure why, but it seems that every time I get started really well, something like this happens to slow me down.

I turned in my big paper on Thursday. The next day he sent everyone an email that because so many had requested extensions, he would accept them 2 weeks from now. Oh well. I’m glad I’m done. I have a small assignment due Monday, and then a larger paper December 8th. After that, I only have one oral exam, and then I’m done for the semester. As long as I get at least a C+ in both, I don’t get kicked out of school. Even then, I suppose I could pull the gimp card, and ask for re-instatement. We’ll see. I may have bitten off more than I’m capable of this semester, but won’t know for probably 6 weeks to two months for sure.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #55  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Ladies

I am late in coming on today things just got in the way Woke up this morning to snow when I say snow I mean a little dusting. It looked as though some one had used an icing sugar dredger (confectioners sugar) on top of a cake. The snow was short lived as it soon rained and melted it all away.

Managed to get my exercise in for the past 2 days so pleased about that. Not so pleased about yesterday evenings food choices. I was in pain and tired which I know is a trigger for me to eat mindless. I ended up eating 2200 calories in total yesterday which is way to much. I have been good today and was not all that hungry today so have been able to claw some of those calories consumed yesterday by my bad food behaviour. Well thats my confession over When I do something like that I make myself more accountable by mentioning it on 3fc and that helps me from doing it too often. I hate having to admit that I have strayed so I tend not too do it very often. I know some trigger factors for my bad choices and being in pain and tired is a big one. I just could not get the pain under control yesterday and all the medication was doing was making me tired. Good news though today I am relatively pain free.

gggirls Hope you have a great meal out with friends. I am going out next Saturday evening with 2 friends of mine with their DH as well. One of the ladies has MS and the other has mobility problems due to a spinal surgery (accident at work some 16 years ago). So we have to chose places that are suitable for all of us. I think we are going to have Chinese. I would love to have Indian food but unfortunately my stomach ulcer will not allow me to have spicy food yet I love spicy food so I am missing it like mad.

I fully understand not liking to be in the spotlight about your weight loss. It happened to me about 2 weeks ago at a party when I was some how thought to be this weight loss guru. I was introduced to everybody and she told them that I had lost a lot of weight If like me being the lime light is my worse nightmare. I have spent years and years not standing out. Wearing muted colours so I wouldn't stand out in a crowd. Now to be put in this spotlight is horrid we are not use to this and don't know how to handle it.

CatherineM Wow you are academic. Though something to be very proud of. It is something that can be never taken away.

Nice to know your paper is over and done with despite the tutor giving a 2 weeks extension. Still a few more assignments/papers to hand in over the coming weeks. My worse one would be oral. I get so nervous before hand and feel so ill. Apparently I am pretty good. During my nursing I had to do a teaching sessions to a group of students in classroom. My teaching was on the do's and don'ts of documenting in nursing notes. The examiner sat in the back of the room with a pan face so he didn't make me feel one bit comfortable. Afterwards he approached me and said would I like to come into the teaching side of nursing. I told him "not on your Nellie" , there is no way I could put myself through that on a daily basis I hate being the centre of attention. I loved the teaching on the ward like on a one to one basis or maybe a couple of nurses. More informal in setting and I felt happy doing
those.

Time to go and make a hot chocolate then head towards my bed. So take care ladies till next time

Nightie night

purpleorc
Old 11-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi everyone,

I have been so busy since Thursday night. Busy doing misc. chores. lol.

Carol: Glad that you had your wellness exam. I hope everything comes out perfect my friend. It is so nice to be home and have a loving hubby and furbabies to greet you. I am considering not doing the endorsment as a matter of fact. At least until I feel more comfortable with it or with a better photo. I had fun shopping. I hope you have a lot of fun too. I will tell you about it below with all the other chicks.

Toni: I hope you are enjoying your visit with your daughter.

Melissa: great job with your calories. I have to ask, are you the person when you were here before that got a new little puppy? I think it was a small one? If so, how is your little puppy doing?

Debi: How did the move go? I hope you were not too sad. Hugs and great job on the weight loss.

Cyn: how was your first party?

Purple: I think it is smart to bundle up.

Catherine: Great job getting the paper in on time or ahead of time. I'm sure you will get great grades.

My shopping time with my friend was fun. We went to Torrid and I honestly couldn't find anything there that I just had to have for the prices so, we went down to Lane Bryant. I tried on a pair of their "right fit jeans" and I love them. I bought some black ones and they are a size 16!! I gathered a bunch of tops in size 18 to try on like I always do and my friend April said, "nope, you need to try on some 14's". She kept telling me how tiny I am on top. I relented knowing that they wouldn't fit me but I was the one surprised. I bought all of my tops in a size 14!! I never would have thought I could fit into a 14 let alone have it be the size I need. It was thrilling and nice to have someone I trust with me. There were a few things that she said don't look good on me and I didn't get them. One shirt she loved on me and I almost didn't get it but I went ahead. The shoulders are cut square and it is very flattering but I am not used to wearing things that show my figure. My DH is thrilled with all of my choices and loves them.

I picked up my Nintendo Wii Fit from layaway and did it. It said I am obese, no surprise there. lol. I did Yoga and I have never done it before. Can I just say holy cow! It is kind of hard. All day on Saturday I was wondering why my sides and tummy are kind of sore and then it dawned on me. Yoga! Holding those poses for such a long time. LOL. I am thrilled with it and am planning on trying to do it daily. DH is at the dump right now but when he comes home I am planning on setting him up on it so he can do it too. So much fun. I did see a game by Jillion from the Biggest Looser that is for the Wii fit board. I think I will see if Santa can bring it to me for Christmas.

Well, that is about all the news from the chilly Northwest for today. lol. I hope that you all have a wonderful op week and lots of people to spend Thanksgiving with that you love.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 11-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Evening all,

This week went responsibly well weight wise. No exercise (oops), but I have lost about 3.5 pounds so far, but I weigh in tomorrow. In order to hit my BMI less than morbidly obese by end of the year, I need to hit 321.0 by tomorrow (to stay on track). I hope I don't blow it at Thanksgiving, but I also don't want to feel deprived. We will see how it goes. AND I am going to put together an exercise plan for December, because a plan helps me greatly. Work has definitely gotten busier, but I understand that my job requires it, and still want some health. So, I will find a way to make it work.

A bit of good news, I fit into Lane Bryant size 7 (right size) jeans this weekend. I am needing some new pants, because mine seem to be falling down my rear. With that being said, I didn't buy any. Nor did I buy any shirts/coats, although I found a lot that fit (biggest size). I want to "earn" new clothes. We are really trying to impose a tight budget, so...I don't feel like I should be buying clothes. DH is FINE with my buying clothes, but I am not. Oh well. I have told myself if I hit 316 by December 11th I can get a new pair of jeans and a new top, because we have hit Christmas party on December 12th (not at a fancy place at all), and I would like to look nice. I do have a decent top I think, but pants...not so much.

Annie - Congrats on getting into a 14. Woohoo! Rockstar!

Purpleorc - You have done great. Nice to see you posting regularly (unlike me).

Catherine - Congrats on your many degrees. I didn't care for school, but it offered me a challenging job that pays the bills...well.

Carol - Welcome home.

That's about as long as my posts get I think.

I will post my weight tomorrow on the board. Soooo hoping I make 321.0....although being in the 321.something should be ok.

Take care,
Angie
Old 11-23-2008, 08:49 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

evening chickies..

Well my first party was last night! At first I was so nervous..when I started I literally could feel myslef loosing breath as I talked. I know it was nerves. About 3 products in I was fine. The ladies laughed and said they had a great time. The "script" I had been writing for it was out the window. We make 40% off our sales and the party was 230.00! Not bad for a 2 hour show. NO bookings but that is ok. They will come in time.

We cancelled our YMCA memebership. It went up again. Feeling the money crunch, and not going that often it just wasnt worth it.

This week I am glad its a short week for work! I have wed and thurs off. Fri will be a 1/2 day.

I am making my list for Thanksgiving. My brother and sisters family are coming and that is it. So the menu will be short and simple.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:48 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Default grumble

I took a sneak peak on the scale tonight. Not good. Up over two pounds from last night. No clue why. Sodium wasn't too bad today. Didn't eat over calories or fat. Quite irritated. I was so optimistic earlier, a little defeated tonight. Oh well.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:12 AM   #60  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Well, took me 20mins to catch up on your all's msgs! WOW! you all have been busy!

Got the call from my Army son.......his orders are in.....he is going to Germany! He will graduate his AIT training on Weds and be home thursday.....for how long we don't know yet....his orders say he has to be in Germany by Dec 29........so we are hopeful that he will be able to stay here till he has to go! His gf is kinda sad that he is going overseas....means she can't just hop on a plane and go see him like they have while he was in AZ! I think they may decide to get married soon so that they wont have to be apart.....he did tell me that if once he goes to Germany and he finds out his unit is going over to Iraq then he would more than likely want to have a justice of the peace wedding...........he said he didn't want to go and something to happen and her to never have been his wife.........WOW that is hard to imagine, think about let alone type out!! I can't worry about that for now I'm just thrilled to have him home for awhile!

our oldest son is going with his fiance to her parents house for thanksgiving this year........we get them for christmas!

DH took a tumble down the stairs to the basement.....banged up his bad ankle.....hit his bad shoulder......and ended up landing on his forehead! He is ok just kinda banged up & a little dizzy.....I think he should of went in to the er......but you know guys.........he's at least able to walk on his ankle now.

I'm feeling a bit better............still got some stuffy nose etc....

Two days this week of work WWWWOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOO!!!!! uhhh can you tell I'm excited!??????

Talk to you all later
Closed Thread