Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Purpleorc: Woo hoo on the new bras down so many sizes too. I hear ya on the loose skin. It is better than being 510 pounds for me. I have a lot of loose skin to deal with.

Jewell: Welcome back. Small steps are definately the way to go. You can do it.

Toni: What a blessing those quilts will be for your neighbor's girls. Hugs.

Anne: Feel better soon and nice to see ya.

Catherine: Congrats on being 2 weeks op! I'm glad that your DH put a stop to your playing "Frogger" in the highway.

Sharon: Glad that you are feeling a bit better. Work is fine. I am getting quite speedy at the movies. lol. I do close to 800 movies per hour which is excellent. No word from the interview yet. I suspect they chose someone else. I am still considering school soon.

Carol: Have a safe trip sweetie. Congrats on loosing another .25. Slow and steady will win this race.

Bernice: Feel better soon.

Rat: I missed you so much. So glad that you decided to post. Sorry that you are stressed so much right now. I will keep you in my prayers that something changes for the better very soon. Sorry about the small gain and your sisters both being not at their best.

I got a phone call yesterday afternoon from the man doing the commerical that my Dr.'s office asked me to be in. My commercial is today!!!! SO, at 11:30 a.m. I am going to get my hair and makeup done then at 2 p.m. is the commercial. I am so nervous and my tummy is full of butterflies so I figure that I need to work some stress off and work out for at least a 1/2 hour before jumping in the tub to help me relax too. I hope that I don't look just as awful as I think I do and I wonder what possessed me to say yes. lol. I think the commercial will be on their internet site. If it is, I will let you all know.

I hope you all have a wonderful op day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 11-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #17  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello all

Quick fly by visit not long returned from my MS therapy centre treatment so never a great deal of time on this day it seems to just rush by.

Sorry if I miss anything out in this post but I am being a bit quick and not as through as I normally am. Any omissions are not intentional.

jewell0607 Welcome back and nice to meet you. If you make those small changes gradually so that you can get use to them slowly. Maybe one a week could be something to aim for. All this little changes can make big difference in the long run. One easy thing that I did was tweak my recipes that used minced (ground ) beef and used minced turkey that way less fat. Now I love cottage pies and bologneses made with this for example. Change to low fat or fat free produces is another change that is not huge but will make a difference.
I did my changes gradually and that helped me a hugely.

RealCdn Hope you get better soon horrid when you are not firing on all cylinders and relying on autopilot to get by. Good luck with the school work.

Ratkitten Sorry you have been having a really tough time lately. Seems that everything landed at your door at once. One of these issues can so easily side line us from healthy eating never mind all that you have had. The best thing is you are back with us again. Hop back on the waggon and hang on tight

voodoo1 Oops trust me to put my foot in it I really hope I have not offended you. Can't believe I got the wrong end of the stick so sorry.

Yes I have heard of Heanor but I know what you mean that folks may not have heard of it.

Congratulations on your own three stone lost that is a great achievement. Yes bras make a huge difference to how garments hang on you and they can make you feel better about yourself.

Yes Riz is a lovely dog it took me hours of teaching him with lots of bribes of treats. Now he begs easily now. But stubborn oh yes they can be the most stubborn creature going I know they say stubborn as a mule well they obviously haven't met a staffy Love the name Tiga is it due to his colour of which I think is called brindle?

DMPLS
Get well soon.

dogpal After what you have told me about the amount of weight that you have lost I know really I have nothing to complain about. You must have a lot more loose skin than myself to have to camouflage under clothing. I should be grateful that I have come off pretty Scot free really you have reminded me to be thankful of my lot in life. You have done so well with your weight lost and such an inspiration to us here on 3fc.

Well must shoot so take care ladies till next time look after yourselves

purpleorc
Old 11-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Ratkity, wouldn't be nice if we could share some of our pain and stress with someone else? If I could, I would take some of the burden your carrying right now. But since I can't, all I can do is give you a big cyber hug {{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}} and hope that things settle down for you soon. I really hope you have a good time at the Outer Banks. I remember last year you telling us how you had DDR contests with the family and it sounded like so much fun. Maybe that's just what you need, the time away to enjoy yourself and your family. I hope your sister gets rid of the infection soon. That must be painful. Take care!

Annie, That's alot of movies you put out in one hour...wow!! Have fun at your commercial. I can't wait to see it.

Catherine, I'm glad your not playing dodge 'em with cars anymore and you have a ride. Hope the paper gets a good grade for you.

Bernice, feel better soon!

That's it for me. Gotta go do some orders and make some earrings.

Toodles
Debbie
Old 11-18-2008, 05:37 PM   #19  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Well, no one has to worry about me playing frogger anymore. I just got an email that they are removing the bus stop tomorrow morning. I suspect I was a major cause. The drivers now have to pick us up on our side and allow us to loop around through the transit center without charge. Normally that would cost and extra $2, because our stop was the last one for Edmonton, and the next ones are in St. Alberta. It will take an extra 15-30 minutes to get home, but will be less stressful. It is typical though for me to cause upheaval wherever I go. I guess I practically halted the highway construction so that the bus stops could be worked out.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Evening all,

I just got back from a much needed weight loss support group. My commercial will be on line and it is no speaking. They took hundreds of photos of me today. I don't know it it is because of I photograph so badly they couldn't get a good one or they were just having so much fun with good photos. lol. So, when it happens I will let you all know so you can go check it out and read the bio and stuff. It was fun with the photographer but the guy in charge was .... not my cup of tea. I left there feeling like I wasn't "thin" enough for his liking or that he really hates "fat" people including his (his words here) HUGE Dad that is over 300 pounds and should just go on a diet to save his knees he complains about! I was really frustrated and went away from speaking with him feeling icky and not very highly of myself. Luckily my friend was with me and I spoke about it in group and they are hopping mad and will let the Dr. know what kind of person is doing their photos for him. I didn't mean to make anyone get into trouble but he was very inappropriate. Oh well. AT least the photographer was nice and very complimentary. Hopefully the photos will turn out good. If not, I will tell them they can't use my image on screen. I have total control over it and whether they use it or not I found out tonight from the group leader. I do want to help other people who may be struggling as my main focus so I will have to pray about it.

Okay, enough of that.

Purple: Hi there. HOpe you are doing well.

Catherine: I am so happy that you won't be playing frogger anymore especially with all of the ice/snow coming up soon. Only cause we love you!

I went to see DH after I had my photo shoot and makeup done. He was so enchanted by me, lol, that he invited me to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. It was kind of like a date and fun to be with him. I had shrimp over rice with lots of veggies and some melted cheese on top. I ate about 1/4 cup before I got stuffed and brought the rest home for DH to have for lunch tomorrow. He is looking forward to it. lol. Mostly it was nice just being with my best friend.

I don't know if I told you guys or not but my last charm that I added says "friends forever" and it is dedicated to all of you chicks that have supported me and helped me along the road to health and weight loss. I just wanted you all to know that there is a charm representing you.

Okay that's about all for now it is getting past my bedtime.

Blessings all and see ya tomorrow.
Annie
Old 11-19-2008, 04:29 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Hiya Peeps -

Rat - I'm sorry for your stress - sounds like you have your hands full with everything going on. I'm proud that you are reaching out exploring various avenues to take care of Rat. I have to say though I MISSED YOU. I'm with Debbie - I remember your trip last Thanksgiving and the DDRfest.

Annie - wow what a jerk that guy is - I'm glad you weren't there by yourself. He obviously has no clue about dealing with people. I can't wait to see the pictures/commercial.

Well yesterday at the airport I got patted down again - this time around the waist for my "big" shirt. Gotta laugh about it at this point.

I guess I should probably try to get some sleep - I don't do so well in that department while on the road and I still have 2 long days to deal with.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 11-19-2008, 07:34 AM   #22  

Height: 5'7"

morning ladies.
not alot going on here...thank GOD!! The 3 kids i keep are very active this week and are not liking being in the house all the time. I really miss going outside to play myself. Today we are suppost to hit 50. I wasnt ready for winter this early!!
Yestrday eating was an easy day...hadnt had one of those in while. I hope they continue.
having a really hard time getting exercise in. I get kids at 6 am and have them till 5 pm...then its dinner time and clean up the kitchen and then im wiped out. Scales appear to be moving down but much slower with no exercise. I really need to find time to get some in. The other day i did my pushups after the kids got here and they thought i was a horsey...now picture this...me on all 4s and 3 kids age 2 climbing on me.LOL LOL

annie- as you know my brother is having wls...well you said you ate 1/4 cup and was stuffed is that about the normal amount. It would just be nice to have some idea of what he can expect. I am so proud of you !! You have done an amazing job!! Im sorry that guy was rude and crude...but he is stupid!! never feel bad about yourself!! You are amazing!!!

carol- better get some tighter shirts before you fly again!! lol...

catherine_ glad we dont have to worry about you going to school anymore. Have a great week!

debbie- are you getting lots of orders?? I am so excited for you!! Your work is great!!

purple- how are you today?/

anne- glad to see you posting...hope classes are going good for you.

toni- hugs and great job on the continued loss!

rat- sorry your sister is having a hard time. I hope she gets better fast!! Hang in there and stay with us.

bernice- hope you are feeling better and keep that whooping cough in your half of KY please!!

jewel- nice to have you with us!!

sharon- glad to hear you arent prego...i got a good laugh out of that...seems like you were worried a few months back because tom was late..middle age stuff sucks!!! hugs and have a great day!!

realist- hope your having a good week!!

to all our lurkers hello and have a great week.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:46 AM   #23  

Hello my sweet Peeps,

Thank you for all the cyber hugs. I needed every one of them. Funny thing about asking for help, ya get it when you do!

Cyn, I feel your pain about having to listen to someone else for a needed car ride. My sister is that way, believe it or not. I hate long car rides with her! (((hugs)))) to you.

Sharon, thanks for the reminder. I tell my head the same thing, but emotionally, I take on everything. Nothing rational about that! I never said I was sane.. hehe.

Annie, wow about your photo shoot! I had a big smile on my face when you described how enamored your DH was! That's so cute!!! I'm glad you talked about the head guy in group and his behavior will be called out. That's not how to run a biz and very unprofessional!! I love your new avatar and picts. You are an amazing woman! Your new charm gave me much needed warm fuzzies.

I didn't see Jewel say hello last week cuz of being a little too involved with my head. Welcome!!! See how wonderful these ladies are?? I love them.

Purple, I have goofy golden retrievers. Nothing stubborn about them! It's slightly below freezing outside and they are as close as they can be to the gas fireplace. I have a heavy metal grate in front of the glass because there's nothing stinkier than burning golden fur!! ewww.. well, maybe they've been smellier (that loverly fishy smell at the lake comes to mind). I've been lucky and they've never met a skunk. Thank you for your encouragement during my stress period. I need to remember that the situation is temporary.

Deb, thanks for the hugs and the reminder how much fun we all had last year at the beach. We have many on the injured list this year except for my 75 yr old Mom! Just talking about the stress to you wonderful ladies and doing proactive things has me looking forward to the Tday beach trip.

Catherine, phew.. glad you aren't playing in traffic anymore. I never was good at the game Frogger. I never got past the beginner levels.. and then you were ready to add winter weather to the game!!

Carol, patted down again?! Yup, gotta laugh. I don't sleep well when I'm on travel either. I have 2 days of in-house training that will be difficult to stay awake through.. bleh!

Thank you all again for the hugs and positive energy. I'm not out of the stress woods yet, but I will be giving updates.

Hugs to all!
Luv,
Ratkity
Old 11-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #24  

deb, you posted the same time I did ((hugs)) you have your avatar so Xmas-y! Too funny about your pushups. My dogs think I'm on the floor to play with them. Even when I DDR (dance dance revolution), they try to help by stepping on the mat.

Hugs to all!
Rat
Old 11-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies..

Annie: Your going to be in a commercial?? Awesome!! And you know what SCREW that guy!!! People that have never been overweight will never understand. What he said about his dad will come back to haunt him, heck he might have to end up serving his last days taking care of his dad..what a poor soul.

I watched biggest looser last night. I was so sad to see coleen go! i cant stand that Vickie chick..she should have been voted off!

As for me same ole same ole!
Old 11-19-2008, 11:30 AM   #26  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies and good afternoon.

The weather has turned a wee bit chilly here. I know to most of you it will seem really hot right now in England when your experiencing minus temperatures. It is about 10C/50F but feels actually 3C/37F. Weekly shop now completed this morning so now have plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit. After cupboards looking like old mother Hubbard's for the past day or so

Ratkitten I can only imagine what the outcome of golden Labradors and skunks must be like as we do not have skunks in our country. Though why oh why do our dogs insist in rolling in the most disgusting thing that can find is beyond me. My dog decided that rolling in weeks old Chinese or Indian takeaway was a brilliant idea. We had come out and were about 30 miles from home so still had the journey home. It was mid winter we drove home with all the car windows open as the smell was absolutely awful. It took 3 or 4 baths to remotely get rid of the smell. Needless to say with his hatred of water he has stayed clear of rotten food since associating it with baths

dgramie Good day today feeling well so one of my good days so very thankful for one of those.
Glad of the rest I am having at the minute after doing the shopping, putting it away and doing my exercise for the day. So this cuppa is well appreciated I can tell you.

gggirls Poor you and airport security you seem to be attracting the pat down. It is so hard when you are losing weight that clothing can soon look "baggy" upon you but you are kind of loathed to part with this garment as you only bought it a couple of months ago.

dogpal Has I told dgramie it was a good day for me. Though I expected that I would feel stiff as a board after a heavy stumble in the ladies bathrooms at the MS centre. I fell backwards and hit my bad on the corner of the wall. Made me see stars for a minute or two. I suppose I will have a bruise or two well a few more to add to my growing collection . I am stumbling/falling more recently due to my balance which seems to be deteriorating. I expected this could happen at some point I know I have been so lucky to have gone this long without issues in this area. I am so thankful as I know things could be far worse and there are many in this world whom are worse off.

Great news about the commericial that you are going to be in that is a great achievement so well done you. Such a shame that it had to be mard by an idiot and his comments. I think some people who see over weight people they think we are either deaf or don't have feelings like normal folks. It should be reported behaviour like that should not be tolerated. He did wrong by commenting like that in a rude and derogatory way and need to be retrained in dealing with people on a personal level. It costs nothing to be polite and it can go such a long way.

CatherineM Good news about the bus stop and so the days of "frogger" have stopped. Really glad as it sounded so unsafe for you and other users.

Nice to drop by and answer all the lovely posts and catch up with the latest and . Been a great excuse for a rest and a cuppa . Time to start making tracks towards the kitchen and commence making some tea. So till next time take care all.

purpleorc
Old 11-19-2008, 01:58 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Annie, I'm so glad you had fun at your photo shoot but you're right, the guy that was directing should not be the one doing that job if he makes comments like that. He had to know what your background was and why the photo shoot was happening in the first place. Sheesh...the nerve of him. It's good you got to go talk it out with your group and know that you are a beautiful person, inside and out no matter what size you are.
OOOOOo a charm to represent all of us sisters in lose!! That's so sweet. Take a pic of it so we can see.

Carol, ooooooooooo you got felt up at the airport....how exciting!!! Do you take some pics of your hubby and furbabies with you? Maybe setting those out at night would make it feel a bit more like home and then you could sleep better. Just an idea.

Debi, I can just see you on the floor now with all your little cowboys and girls getting up on the pony ( you). How cute is that!! And what a workout for you.
Yes, people see something that I already sold and want to reorder it maybe in a different size or color, so I make a special custom order for them. I've gotten a couple repeat orders from one lady. It's exciting and fun!

Ratkity, {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} just another one for the heck of it

Cyn, I'm with you. Vicki is such an evil person and they all know it yet they don't vote her off. Coleen is so pretty and she looks fantastic now!

Today is so pretty out but rain will be rolling in soon. It's just super chilly! Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving? I'm sure not!
Have a great day!
Debbie
Old 11-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #28  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I finished my next to last big term paper. My brain is goo. I have a meeting tonight, I hope I make sense. Tomorrow I have class all day, and then a meeting after that. Friday I will rest/sleep/lounge.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:11 AM   #29  
MSer living healthy

Good morning Ladies

I am just about ready now for going out only a couple of minor little things to do. Just finished the most time consuming one as I decided to put my hair up in a bun but use a doughnut or some people call it a sock bun. It makes a lovely shape to your bun. Then because I have long hair I then have to plait the excess hair and wrap it around the bun and pin it to stay in place. It is my fault it took so long I should have selected a quicker hair style but going out for lunch today so I thought I would make an effort

Later today I will take some meat out to defrost for lunch tomorrow. Then this afternoon will do the vegetable preparation. It helps me a whole host if I can break tasks like this up rather than tackle it all at once. I can see me making a vegetable soup later in the week as I seem to have a lot of vegetables and it will be a good way to use them all up. Not any hardship as I am extremely fond of homemade soup and have been since I was a child.

Played cards (whist) last night but did no good in actual fact we came last. So won a jar of pickle which is nice with cold meat or salad. Or even sandwiches.

CatherineM It is tough doing those papers for college/university. I can remember many a night burning the midnight oil often going to bed when everyone else was just getting up Yep by the end of it your brain is frazzled out. What course are you taking? with the paper and hope it passes with good marks.

Have a lovely Friday relaxing, resting and sleeping. It will help I am sure to recharge those batteries and catch up on some lost sleep.

Debbie54 Sorry for my ignorance what day is Thanksgiving Day? Though by that question you will have guessed it is not celebrated in the UK. I can imagine that if your hosting a dinner there is much preparation to it and often a last minute rush to get everything done.

Must shoot else I will not be ready to go out and DH will be waiting for me Take care ladies and will drop by soon

purpleorc
Old 11-20-2008, 06:15 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Good morning Peeps - Happy Thursday! How's everybody?

It's 4:10 a.m. and I'm ready to head home - unfortunately the flight isn't until early evening. Today should go fast though.

Debbie - yes I have pics to remind me of home with me. I slept a little better last night but thin I have a little cold coming on too. I will sleep good tonight for sure.

I am wishing I would have brought my workout clothes since I've been up so early. I decided to take the week off - my last injection in my knee left me really bruised and sore so thought timing was good. I'll be back in the water bright and early Saturday morning though.

That's about it for me.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

hugs,
Carol
Closed Thread