Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1185

WELCOME!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Annie -- I love your new avatar!!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi!!!!!xxxxx
Annie, that's the pic I saw, you are SO MUCH like your Dad!!! LOVE the hair too, it really compliments your colouring & brings your eyes out (ALWAYS the sign of a good cut/clour!). Hope you're continuing to feel & get better.xxxxx
PurpleOrc, we too have a Staffy he hates baths & just recently(a skin condition) he's had to be bathed every FIVE DAYS, he HATES ME NOW,LOL!!! Whereabout's are you in the UK? I'm between Derby & Nottingham, near D H Lawrence's birthplace.xxxxxx
Well I'm feeling ok, except for the fact I feel about 5 month's pregnant!! My tummy is swirling, churning & generally feeling like an over-inflated ballooon. I know I can't be but it's not a nice sensation to have, unless you know it's a baby swimming around inside!!
The weather here is horrid, grey, rainy & cold but I lit a fire AND have the heating on. Just ate cod in (fat-free) sauce, mashed potatoes and petit pois..mmmm. My slimming club introduced a new plan & it's great, though I can't believe I can eat all this AND lose weight!! (slimming World, a UK club/company) Thursday I'll find out if I've done it right, lol.
xxxxxsharon
Old 11-17-2008, 12:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Monday Morning everyone!

Purpleorc: thanks for the nice comments on my hair. I so hope you get to try on a size 14 and it fits. I'm so excited for you.

Carol: Thanks! When are you going to Denver? I know th is week I mean what day?

Angie: You are soooo sweet. I'm a Raiders fan and I like you so much I can almost forgive you for loving the Steelers. lol. I sometimes fathom the changes I've made with my health but when it comes to my looks I generally still see FAT when I look in the mirror or at full body pictures. I guess it will take time. That is what I hear anyway.

Bernice: Feel better very soon!

Toni: Thanks sweetie. I love all of your quilts. I just took a quick peak because I need to exercise and don't like to put it off for long but I will go back and really look them over. Do you sell them all or are all of them already sold? They are amazing. I love the photos of your grandbaby's 1st Birthday too. It looks like she is enjoying that cake soooo much. lol. Too cute.

Heather: Thanks!

Sharon: Awww. That means so much to me. I adore my Daddy. He is my hero to the core. Sorry that you are feeling bloated or preg. Hugs.

Well, we got word today at work that our hours will be changing to needing to get to work starting at 4 a.m. I'm not thrilled with that change because I already get up at 3 or 3:30 depending on the day to get to work by 5 so we will see what happens with it. Most people were complaining..... loudly. lol. I haven't heard anything from the county about the interview I had on Friday but either way it will be okay.

I need to get moving, literally. I took the entire week off last week of exercise pretty much so I need to get my body moving now.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 11-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #5  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Good afternoon ladies

Nice to have a few days that are not going at 90mphs per hour as the past couple of weeks did. It seemed to be a like a fast moving car that you can not get off. SO nice to have the time to relax come by and post here on 3fc.

voodoo1 Firstly on the pregnancy. I have never been pregnant so can not really fully understand what you are going through carrying a child inside you. I know my sister who has had 4 girls has told me and how difficult that sometimes can be.

I live not to far from the QMC in Nottingham. So we are not so far apart. I can fully understand what you are going through with your staffy and the skin condition. My staffy Rizzie (pictured below) had an skin infection between his toes akin to athlete's foot and had to be bathed every day for a couple of weeks. To say that was murder was an understatement. I was so glad when that time was reduced and eventually allowed to wash just his feet. Mind you that wasn't that easy either by that stage he hated me with a passion so would do everything to avoid it. I hope your furry babies skin infection soon improves so the baths decrease

dogpal Did not get to the right shops to try on a 14 blouse but did get a couple of bras. I did not realise until today how much loose skin I have on my upper body. I suppose it migrates south with gravity but lifted north with a bra I had done some calculations what size I need now well that was a disaster I had skin bunched up under my armpits. Poor DH waited so patiently as I was in and out of these changing rooms like nobodies business. Eventually found one even if it is not totally perfect it is heaps better. The old one had oodles of room in the cup and about zero support. Now very little room in the cup and loads of support. Wow never thought I would be the bra size I am now so pleased in a way that I am now 36 F. Though a little upset that I thought it would be easy but now it looks as though I must be careful to find the most comfortable for the loose skin which I have. Unlikely to have surgery to correct it as I do not have the funds so it is a matter of living with it the best I can.

I would rather live with the loose skin that be 300lbs. There are so many more positives to being this much lighter ones I never imagined as well. So the fact getting a bra that is comfortable is only a small negative in sea of positives.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0045.jpg (23.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 362/345/225

Hi all,
I am AGAIN starting, after months of beating myself up. I keep telling myself "you are an intelligent woman so just DO IT". But that tactic hasn't worked yet. So I am going to make small changes first, and try to be more mindful about my eating. I think a better thing to do when I talk to myself is to ask "What is it worth to you?" Or "What will feel better, continuing to eat that {whatever} or being healthier and feeling good?"

Wish me luck...and any tips or encouragement will be appreciated.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #7  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Annie, It's good to get moving again isn't it. I have started walking again and it feels great. The weather is helping, it has been really nice with sunny afternoons.
Some of the quilts on there are gone, some given and some sold. Right now I am working on three twin size ones for the guy who is building a house across the street from us. His wife left him and his 3 little girls all alone, I guess it reminds me of my childhood and I wanted to do something for the girls.

Last edited by ToniLight; 11-17-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #8  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey all,

I know I've been quite absent, although I do pop in now and then and try to read a little. School is pretty busy and last week, again, I picked up whatever virus was going around. It put me on auto-pilot for the week, and even today I'd say that I'm not back to 100%. I'm really just hoping to hold everything together for another month. We've got three weeks of classes left, a week of exams, and then I'm off for pretty much four weeks!

So I do hope you're all doing well, or at least holding your own. Now I'm off to make dinner, and start studying for a test I have Wednesday night!

Take care all,
Anne
Old 11-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #9  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I've been working on my paper all day. I'm feeling better about it. It's not due for another 10 days, but I need to get it finished because I got the last three assignments from my harder professor, including a paper worth 30% of my grade. I'm basically going to hurry my 50% paper in a class I'm doing better in to put more time on a 30% paper in a class that's harder. I'm actually looking forward to being able to clean house for our Christmas party, just because it means I never have to see that one professor again. He's retiring, unfortunately, a semester too late for me.

I'm going on two weeks completely OP. I haven't weighed yet because I'm afraid that if I see that ERR again, I'm going to send this set of scales to the great beyond to join it's brothers. I no longer have a car, so I can't actually run over it, but they are doing construction in front of my college, so I have access to bulldozers. I could have so much fun.

I did have an oops on Thursday. The new highway is going right through our chapel, so the province bought the whole property. They are working around us until our new facility is ready. They detoured around the front, moving the bus stop. Going in the morning isn't a problem, because the bus driver drops me right at the driveway. Coming home, I have to navigate a muddy culvert/incline, cross 3 lanes of highway traffic in rush hour, hop the concrete road divider, and cross the other 3 lanes of traffic to get to the bus stop. Okay, I know that is pushing the whole, "stubborn, doesn't want help, independence streak," thing to the max. Plus, before the detour, we could see traffic for about a half mile in either direction to the nearest lights, and could see when the traffic was stopped. The detour is elevated and curved, and we can't see more than a about 100 yards. As I was waiting for the traffic to clear on the other side before hopping the concrete divider, I sure got a dirty look from a lady driving a Mercedes. I guess she was wondering what this large woman with a crutch was doing in the middle of the highway.

I got across just fine, but when the bus stopped to pick us up, I tripped getting on to the bus. He didn't kneel the bus, and there was no curb there on the highway shoulder. It was so cold, that I immediately went to get on as soon as he opened the door, so it's possible he didn't have time to kneel it, and was afraid to once I had started up. I went face first straight down. My classmate behind me was terrified. I just rolled over on my butt, shimmied down to slide off the bus to get up easily, and tried again. This time he kneeled the bus, and I got on no problem. Nothing hurt but my pride. My husband however, has put his foot down. I have to now accept a ride with a classmate to the bus transit center to catch the bus home. It was at least dry on Thursday. This week it is supposed to snow. He is such a spoil sport. I hate being crippled.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:26 AM   #10  

PurpleOrc, NO NO NO!!! I'm not PREGNANT!!lol Just 'feel' like I am, I have three boys, that is too many, lol!!! Hubby had the 'snip' four years ago so I know I can't be! Your Staffy must be special, I've never known one who can 'sit up & beg'! They all fall over or just won't even try, you must know how stupid/stubborn they can be! Tiga is getting better & I might take a pic of him if everyone promises not to laugh/report me for dog cruelty!!: I actually live in Heanor, I didn't bother to say where as no one knows where it is, even in the UK, lol. Great to get new bras, it amazing the difference they can make to your figure & yep I get the underarn 'over-hang' too & I've only lost 3 stone!!!!xxxxxx
Annie, I'm feeling okay today, just about to do some exercises. My tummy still feels big but maybe TOM will be visiting. How is work & have you heard anything about any other jobs?xxxxx
Toni, how kind of you to make quilts for those girls!!xxxxx I hope you enjoy making them & get lots of hugs for doing them.xxxxxx
Anne, great to see you back, sorry you've been ill.xxxxxx
Catherine, you really ought to take offers of a lift, I'd be terrified crossing all those roads; having been run over and knocked off motorbikes I'm WAY nervous around busy roads. Better your pride hurt than your body!!!!xxxxx
Well I'm off to exercise & do more laundry, feel like all I do is wash, dry & iron clothes all DAY!!!
xxxxxxxsharon
Old 11-18-2008, 05:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Peeps - I'm heading to Denver this morning. One worry out of the way this time is the seat belt - now I'll have to find a new one.

I believe patience must be a lesson I am to learn on this journey - WI this morning found me down .25 of a pound. Remind me - slow and steady.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 11-18-2008, 08:06 AM   #12  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Stayed home from work today due to this cold! Wooping cough is loose in our county there was a case of it in our school....but I don't have contact with that student........so I doubt it is anything serious....just a chest cold....I'm doing breathing treatments and taking some congestion meds.....hoping the rest today will make me better for tomorrow & the rest of the week!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:16 AM   #13  

Good morning my Peeps,

Many sorries for being MIA and I'm afraid the news hasn't been good. Work stress has me reaching for comfort foods and I've put on 15 lbs (not water weight). My knee had me sidelined from cycling and that didn't help (still no clue what I did, but the mcl was involved). The family has had illnesses and I've been trying to help as much as I can.

The knee has gotten better without a 2nd cortisone shot, but still is weak. My sister had a hysterectomy and then got a bad infection and abcess, and she has a drain in her left rear tailend cheek (poor baby!). She went to get it taken out yesterday and they want to leave it in and repositon it because they don't think the infection is over after 15 days on 3 antibiotics. She is very upset. The other sister that had hip surgery is recovering nicely.

Work has me running in circles yet again. I've again gone to the employee assistance (EAP) counselor to help dealing with the anger from having too many bosses that want input or control over a single written document, preventing it from being published. I've even called a name given to me for outside counseling. I haven't gotten a call back yet.

Writing all the above doesn't describe the anger and frustration with the people I work with and myself, as well as watching my sister struggle with this infection. In all respects, I feel like I've failed. One of the hardest things for me to do in this mindset is to ask for help and I have a tendency to isolate. Going to EAP and calling someone for outside help has been proactive, but it's all still in the early stages.

Thanksgiving week at the Outer Banks is next week and I'm not prepared or organized like I usually am.

So my steps to crawl out of this funk is to continue to contact EAP, continue with guitar lessons (those are going well), and try to enjoy the Outer Banks next week. Another good thing is that I'm wearing my cpap mask more often than not.

Hugs to all my peeps out there!

Annie, your avatar and picts are awesome!!!!

Deb54, hugs for the loss of your old companion. All my furry kids mean lots to me and each loss is the loss of a little part of me.

Catherine, glad you are getting rides instead of playing Frogger in traffic (rem that old game? hehe). Asking for help is one of my faults too. It's akin to guys not wanting to ask for directions when lost. Why do I have to insist on doing things the hard way?

Sharon, hope your bloating and icky feeling goes away soon. I get that when I eat too many wheat products.

Realist, Christmas stuff up already! Go girl!

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 11-18-2008, 08:50 AM   #14  

Ratkitty, HUGSxxxxx Hope you get the help & support you need at work. Don't be hard on yourself, everyone has 'blips', at least you're working on getting back OP. Don't forget looking after yourself, your family needs you to be well, so have a long bath, read a book, whatever relaxes you & remember you DESERVE it. I hope both your sisters get better soon.
xxxxxxxxxsharon
Old 11-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning chickies..

Bernice: I Hope you get to feeling better!

Ratkity: (( HUGS))

Carol: Soooo Jealous that you are going to Denver!!!! Colorado is where we want to live!

Anne: We have missed ya posting!!!

Jewell: Welcome!!! The most imporant tip I can give ya is..post often! It sort of keeps ya inline. And there is so much support here!

As for me: Well work is stressing me out. Seems everyone is so anal lately! Sometimes I just want to tell people to shut up..lol..but unfortunatly I dont have enough to retire when they fire me hehehe. My carpool friend, which is a good friend outside work..is having man problems. So I get to hear about that all the way to work and all the way home. It is an hour ride each way!!!!!!! UGH!! Sometimes I play the devils advocate and try to make her see things from his point of view..usually turns into silence As people we dont always like hearing some of it MIGHT be our fault!

Toodles ladies!

Last edited by azcyn; 11-18-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Closed Thread