Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:12 PM   #61  

Height: 5'7"

HI...what a day..i didnt really do much but it sure flew by fast!!
scales stayed the same today..im not suprised!! I really need to get back at it harder..eating hasnt been to bad but exercise is not where it should be.

towel cake...is kinda like a diaper cake but towels are rolled to make it. You can find them at lots of internet sites. I am making a few for my daughters shower. I am also going to try and do one with baby blankets and recieving blankets for a baby gift for a friend. I will let you know how they turn out.
I wont be starting them until after next weekend. Daugther closes on her house and will be packing up all the stuff and moving it out to her new house. She has been in college for over 4 yrs and she hasnt lived at home at all during that time .......but its still sad knowing she is gone for good. I am also happy and excited for her to be entering into another stage of life!!!
hugs to all..im heading to bed!!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:00 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Debbie54: I am sorry to hear about the loss of your pooch. We have 2 cats and a dog, and our one cat that we got when my oldest was in Kindergarden has a cancer growth on her back. Taking her to the vet next week to see if it is benign or not. Just breaks my heart.

dgramie: post pics when ya make the towel cake..I want to see.

As for me: Yesterday I worked on my quilt til my eyes hurt. I got he new material washed fro teh blankets I am making the kids and my cousins. I also cleaned. :0( Today I am watching my niece who is almost 2 while her parents go to a wedding. This outta be interesting. She is very much a daddy's girl! I have toys here for her...so that should be ok. Also the park is one street over so might go over there.

Well I am going to watch a little QVC..then work on my quilts.

Have a great day ladies
Old 11-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #63  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies! Thanks Debbie and Annie - those are my daughters, jessica (21) and Kaitlin (16)!!!

Toni - Yea, you could say I'm a crafter! Well, at least I get on crafty kicks. Like I go from a scrapbooking fanatic to a making pillows or baby quilts kick to making ornaments kick.............get my drift!?!? Haha! I don't always seem to finish anything tho! Urghhhh!

Have a great Sunday ladies! I'm off to do a little Christmas shopping and I think I'm going to make these 2 Point Pumpkin Squares someone referred to me!

Go Pittsburgh Steelers!

jeanne
Old 11-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Carol: You look so beautiful in the pics you posted! So lovely and your smile just sparkles. Woo hoo for fitting into the last size Catherines has down for you. I say it is time for you to kiss that place goodbye! Your bathtime sounds..... fun. lol. My black lab loves it but my yellow boy... not so much. lol.

Cyn: Sounds like you scored at the fabric store.

Angie: Hugs to ya hun.

Mimi: I'm so glad that you have so many friends that will be there to support you when you have to go for your second mamogram. Big ole hugs.

Toni: Woo hooo! I am so happy and proud of you! Way to go on another -3.25 gone FOREVER! The bunny you made your grand daughter is darling! I love it. Does it squeek or rattle?

Bernice: Hugs and feel better soon.

Debbie: I don't have words to tell you how very sorry I am about your loss of Daisy. I can't even go there being such a huge animal lover and I adore my furbabies like you do. Big hugs. On a nicer note... Congrats on anoter -2!

Jeanne: Lol I thought the photo in your avatar was you. They sure look like their momma! Beautiful girls.

Debi: You must post pics when you make the cake. I have never heard of a diaper cake or a towel cake. lol.

I posted some pics from my trip to my Dad's house. I also posted one of my new hair cut that I got yesterday. She gave me more bangs and gave me highlights. I love it. I would never have asked for something like that but i adore it. She cut about 3 inches off! My hair feels so much healthier. I told them I was getting ready for my photo shoot for the commercial at my Dr.'s office coming up and the owner of the salon offered for me to come in and they will do my hair and makeup for free! I was so excited. All the ladies working in there were telling me I look ethnic. Lol. I asked what do they mean by that and they said like I'm from Alaska, or Hawaii . lol. I told them that my Dad's family is pretty much 100% Native American and they said maybe that is it. Can't be from my Mom. She was a tiny bit Native American and mostly a tiny little red headed Irish woman.

Well, I'm feeling a bunch better today but taking it easy except for laundry. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend and doing well.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 11-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #65  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi ladies

Dogpal Love the new hair cut with the thicker fridge (bangs) it really suits you. Hope you get the job that you applied for in the juvenial detention centre. I am sure one thing that would sure be welcomed is the more regular hours.

Debbie54 Sorry to hear that you have lost your little furry baby. Though a blessing that she is out of pain. It is always painful to lose a loved one my thoughs are with you during this sad and difficult time.

Cyn I see you are into crafting and quilt making. I wish I was talented in that area and had the patience that it takes to do something like that. I have seen some of the beautiful patterns that can be created by quilting.

gggirls Well I see your lab is totally the opposite of my dog. To say he hates water is an understatement. If he sees its raining when we go to the door his backside hits the floor and you need a rocket under him to get him moving. Our dog is a staffordshire bull terrier which is about 44lbs of pure muscle so very strong. If he knows he is going in the bath he sits and shakes he looks so pitiful. I wouldn't mind but I am so gentle with him and the water is nice and warm but the bottom line he is a big baby

dgramie Well had me going to a search engine to find out what a towel cake looked like as I hadn't a clue what one was or even looked like for that matter. So I am much wiser now and saw a beautiful one made from white towels tied with lovely red bows.

On the weight front pretty much plateauing at the minute and have been for months. Trying to budge those last pounds are proving hard. I have been regularly exercising on my total body vibration machine every day. I have noticed though that 2 of my blouses are now looking very loose and even DH said they were. So I must be losing inches somewhere for this to happen. Next time I go into town I will try on a blouse a size below what I am wearing now and see if I fit into that now. I think if it fits I will have tears in my eyes I can not remember being a UK size 14 at present I am in a UK size 16.

bye now ladies and take care

purpleorc
Old 11-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Annie - I love love love the new pics. You are a brave one doing the commercial. I hope they are able to capture your inner beauty.

Purple - I had been wondering about you - thanks for posting. Hooray on the smaller blouse.

Debi - I also had to google towel cakes - what a nice idea. I will do this for a shower for the next niece to get married. She's hoping for a ring soon.

We took my parents and sister on a little road trip to my brother's house in NW Missouri for lunch today. It was nice for us all to be together since Thanksgiving will find us in different places. I was able to make good choices foodwise too - another plus!

Last load of laundry is in the washer - I did the rugs this week trying to get a little ahead of the Thanksgiving cleaning frenzy. Guess I need to check the Denver weather for the week - at least this time I don't have the seatbelt worry - I'm sure I will find something else to worry about though - lol.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 11-16-2008, 08:25 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Evening all,

Things here are ok. We decorated (mostly done) for Christmas today. We still have to put up some lights and the outside stuff, but we have made progress. We drove 250 miles (each way) yesterday to hunt for Christmas stuff. It was fun for no reason other than we spent time with each other. Always nice.

I made possibly a mistake by purchasing peanut brittle. I LOVE peanut brittle. I have been making sure I each only a serving at a time, but yummo. And no health benefit whatsoever. I need to really make sure I don't let this completely derail me. Portion control I am hoping works, but I may have to ban myself unless it's the weekend. We will see.

Annie - You are gorgeous. Can you fathom the difference you have made in your life? You look happy, healthy, and THIN. Seriously thin. You are wearing cute (not fat people clothes), and you just look fabulous.

Debbie - So sorry about you losing your beloved pet. I love my cat. My husband thinks I love her more than I love him. He doesn't understand that she has been part of my life for 13 years, while he has been for 7 years. She was there during some very hard times. The idea of losing her makes me feel devastated. It will be harder than losing a family member (other than DH).

Jar - YAY Steelers. I am a huge Steelers fan. My DH is a Chargers fan, so it was an interesting day for us. Luckily he is a better loser than I am. I am a BAD loser. BAD. So, tomorrow I will likely be sportingmy Roethlisberger jersey. Woohoo.

Purpleorc - You have made great progress. Congrats to you.

Not too much more to post about. Take care everyone and congrats on your progress.

Angie

Last edited by Realist; 11-16-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:40 PM   #68  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

I have been sick all weekend....taking nyquil has helped but I sure hope I feel better tomorrow for school!

Well I finally jumped on the scale and wasn't as shocked as I thought I would be! it showed 267...........which is right about where I was prior to the cruise......I need to up my exercise....the things/portions I'm eating are ok.....and its helping me to maintain...........but I know that my exercise is non-existant! I just got a week free pass at the community gym....I've heard they have water aroebics...........maybe I will check it out.....not sure if/when I would have the time to go.....but its worth it to look into it!

Did anyone see the show "Ruby" about the 400+ lb woman.....not sure if I like it or not......kinda just rubbed me the wrong way.....what do you all think?
Old 11-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #69  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Annie, Your pics are wonderful. I love your new hairstyle, you can really see your eyes now. I can see you have lost weight from when we met in Sandpoint. The pic with your family really shows it.
I would like to post a link to pics of my quilts, if it gets deleted, ask me for it privately if you are interested.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/toni_s/
The different categories are on the right in sets.

Last edited by ToniLight; 11-16-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

STOP!!!

Please post in the new thread!
Closed Thread