Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 08:04 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Carol,

We must have been posting at the same time. Yep. I do need to go see the Dr. on Tuesday which will be one week since I saw him last. I am feeling so much better. I do get "warn out" easily right now so I am not exercising because of my breathing but other than that, Doing better. I actually have a job interview today for a part time position at Juvenille Justice Dept. I'm sure there were hundreds of other applicants because of the benefits and hours. Hours are M-F 8-1! I'd love those much better than Netflix because getting up at 3 a.m. daily makes my schedule weird. I have to be in bed by 7ish so I can get enough sleep. I find myself waking up daily without the alarm around 2 a.m. So, I'm hoping for the other job a bit more normal and also I will be able to spend more time with Joel. Not having too high of hopes for it though.

I understand what you mean about not connecting. It is so important to keep our support system in place for our journey. I don't know what I would have done with out all of you guys. I'm glad that you are making the decision to post more often and be more personal. Hugs to ya.

Hi Heather: Glad to see you around. Hope all is well with you.

Okay, it is 1 minute to 5 and I need to head out to the car now.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 11-14-2008, 08:18 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Dgramie: I am a fellow crafter..and would love to know what a towel cake is?? Do tell!

Angie: Don’t ya just hate TOM? I know it will be years before he goes away but I will be glad when he does!

As for me...just keep on keeping on. My friend and I left work early on Tuesday for the big fabric sale at Joanns. I bought enough snuggle flannel to make 4 blankets for christmas gifts. I am excited to get those started.

I am soo glad it is friday! Work has been kicking my you know what.lol
Old 11-14-2008, 10:10 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Thanks guys. I know making time bound goals is bad bad bad (for me), but I think of the joy I would have at the end of the year and my bday if I make them. Conversely, I don't want to be sad at the end of the year and my bday if I don't make them (which appears to be more likely). Time to re-evaluate I think.

Carol - you look fab in the picture. I wanna look like YOU. I carry the majority of my weight on my upper body, and therefore I am not curvy, I am blocky. Blah.

Annie, Debi, everyone - thanks for your comments. I am at work so I shouldn't be posting, but I wanted to do a quick shout out.

Later,
Angie
Old 11-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Good morning,

Sharon, Carol and Annie - thanks for the prayers and the well wishes. My next mammogram PLUS ultrasound is scheduled for Dec 5th. The technician I talked to didn't have anything sooner. Today I will call my doctor again, and have them refer me to a different facility as I search for an earlier appointment. I'll go crazy if I wait three weeks!

I was driving home last night after my Toastmasters meeting and realized that I'm going to need someone to be with me the day of. It was hard enough sitting in that waiting room when I thought it was just a routine exam. I called my goddaughter's mom and her sister (they live together) to ask if one of them would come with me to the next appointment; one of them will. I'm so blessed to have them be my family. And, one of my friends from Toastmasters came over after the meeting last night and I asked him if he could be backup. His reply was yes, and if he cannot make it for whatever reason, his roommate will come with me. He said "You shouldn't have to go through that appointment alone and I promise you, I'll make sure you won't." It's my biggest fear, to be sick and not have anyone there to love and support me. I'm still scared about being sick but I know I won't be alone and that fills my heart with gratitude and makes me feel blessed.

Carol - You are ROCKING those pin-stripped pants. You GO girl!!! :-) I did better with the water yesterday but last night I started craving salt which is a sure sign that my body isn't getting enough water. Today's first priority is water, second priority is water, third priority...yep, water. I too come here at least once daily, read what everyone has to say, and think of posting personals and then I get distracted and don’t. It is inspiring to be a part of this group.

Sharon – Yay for a week of healthy food with lots of veggies and fruit. I had fruit salad with yogurt, almonds and a bit of granola for dinner last night. I woke up this morning feeling great and “regular” LOL.

Annie – good luck with your interview. I had a job where I had to be at work at 5 am; I also had a 45 min commute to get there! I woke up at 3 to get ready and really liked the silence and having the time to myself. My better half at the time really enjoyed a quite home in the evenings when I went to be early. The commute wasn’t good though so I eventually go a different job.

Cyn – Oh, I’m so jealous of people who have more time to sew/craft than I do. I started working on a dress for myself weeks ago – I still have to put the sleeves in, hem the skirt, and hand-sew a few strategic places. Where do I find the time? My poor dress is sitting in my sewing nook, abandoned. I was hoping to work on it this weekend but don’t know if I will be able to. Maybe Sunday afternoon? PLEASE post pics of your creations. I love seeing what other people make.

Debbie – did you give us a weather update? I hope the storm didn’t affect you too much.

Bernice – How did the jewelry show go? good luck with the jewelry stuff. I sold Mary Kay years and years ago and I loved the parties, and the marketing, etc. What I didn’t love were the skin care products – they made my face break out. I could NOT in good conscience keep selling them so I stopped.. Once in a while I think about doing something cooking related (pampered chef, or Tupperware) or beauty related (avon, something else?) but then I remember how much time my current work life takes and move on to some other fantasy – usually involving sewing and crafting. Also, AWESOME pics you posted just recently. WOW, what a difference.

Christy – Boy scouts – OUTSIDE? In NOV? in MICHIGAN? That is dedication. Wow.

Ok, I have to go. Today is 45 min bike ride before work...and it's already late.

Have a great OP day today gals! And, don't forget the water. I know I won't!

Last edited by NuevaVida; 11-14-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #50  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

I am back from weigh in and have lost another 3.25 pounds. I am happy today. We are going off now to Granddaughter's birthday party, here is her gift I made.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/toni_s/3026905103/
Old 11-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #51  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on the the loss Toni! good job!

Mimi- the party went well & I get a check on monday for $100, plus through that party I was able to get some merchandise for free or 1/2 off retail......plus we do this thing for the women at the party who didn't get everything they wanted.....I write up a Christmas wishlist letter and send it to their spouse/boyfriend....sent those out today so may generate more from those! I am enjoying myself & with this company I get tons of free merchandise.....I truly do not need to pay out of pocket for anything but ship/hand & taxes......I think I've spent a total of $100 (different small transactions) and I now have over $1600 worth of jewelry!

I feel horrible......I just want to take some nite time meds and sleep.....but DD gets off work at 8pm unless I can convince my DH to go get her on his way home....hmmm that's an idea!

talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Catherine, as always I get such a giggle out of your post. And you're so right about the stereotyping of heavy people.

Debi, glad to hear that you're feeling crafty! This is the time for that ya know! Have fun hitting the sales.

Mimi, Life can be so stressful at times. Just take a big breath and smell the roses and then bop that client in the head and tell them to get with it!! Good news on another pound gone from your body!! Keep up the good work and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts about your mammogram results.
The weather wasn't even as bad as they said. We're not flooded and it's been cloudy, cool, but no rain. YEAH!!

Carol, I find myself not posting but reading too. Sometimes I just don't have it in me to keep posting the same old thing. So yeah, I hear ya on that. Just as long as you pop in so we know your ok, is a good thing!

Toni, Yeah on the 3.25 lbs gone!

We had to put our sweet little Daisy down today. We took her to the doc and he said she was showing signs of neurological problems and her arthritis was just awful, so he said there was really nothing he could do for her. She has been pacing and panting and just looked like she hurt and that's why we took her in. They gave her a shot to let her fall asleep and we were there with her, but when they came in to give her the shot to put her down, I couldn't take it and had to leave. She's up in heaven with her dog hubby Duke that we lost 5 years ago now. I'll miss her but I know she isn't in pain anymore.

Debbie
Old 11-14-2008, 09:04 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Debbie - my heart goes out to you. Daisy is pain free now and with Duke. You are a responsible pet parent to be able to make the ultimate show of love by letting her go.

Hugs to you.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #54  
Chained, Chainge, Change

Debbie, I am sorry you are without your Daisy, I know how it feels to do that. My Ellie Mae has been gone for 5 years and we still all miss her.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Debbie -- on losing Daisy. Seeing them in pain that won't end -- you know it's time.

One of our dogs was having a problem earlier this week, and was in pain, panting and all, and I just wanted to cry and take it all on myself. Luckily, he's doing much better now!!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:41 AM   #56  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Morning Ladies!

Toni - That is so cute! You are very crafty!

Debbie - Big hugs about Daisy! Been there, done that!
You look beautiful in your picture~

Carol - Hi! I understand that confession! I do love to read and stay up on things...........but when I lose focus......I lose bad and it
is so hard to get caught back up and get re-connected!

Annie - You look amazing! Keep up the good work! I hope you are feeling better! I got tired just reading about the laundry and housework you did! haha~

Mimi - I'm 44 and so being surrounded by my friends - all my age or older we have all had mammograms and several of us have gotten false readings the first time. So, don't worry yet. I'll say a prayer for you! Stay positive!

A big hello to everyone else! Have a great weekend everyone~!

Hugs
~jeanne
Old 11-15-2008, 11:07 AM   #57  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Debbie-I'm so sorry about you dog. Everytime I've lost a dog, I've just about lost it. It's so hard that I can't bring myself to get another one.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #58  
Chained, Chainge, Change

Jeanne, Thanks! Are you a crafter also? I guess many of us here are.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Hi Girls,
Thank you all so much for your comments on Daisy. I know she's in a much better place and running and playing with Dukie. I did get up this morning though, looking for her and to see if she left me any presents (poo) Just habit I guess.

Carol, saw your pics, you look great. Those pants look black to me though! LOL

Heather, so glad that your furbaby is feeling better.

Jeanne, so good to see you!!! Thank you! I love your new avatar too, very pretty! How's things going your way?

Catherine, I know how you feel about not being able to get another dog. This was the first time I ever had to do this, and I really don't want to have to again, but for the years and years of love and devotion these animals can give up plus the companionship, it's well worth it.

Well, I'm happy to say I think I've lost 2 lbs this week. I'll weigh in tomorrow for my final WI for the week. My dil is coming over toninght to watch some movies with us while DS works. We've been getting along alot better which is such a blessing. They're talking about moving to California again, and I just see the fires on the news down there and get so scared for them, but it's what they want to do. They have to live their lives the way they want to, and I would hate to hold them back from their dreams so I'm just sucking it up and being happy for them.
That's it for me
toodles
Debbie
Old 11-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Hi Peeps - where did Saturday go? I've been busy around here - baths for both dogs before I went to swim - the silly lab loves the water and also the bathtub but only on her terms. I must have lifted her back into the tub a dozen times - all 100 pounds of her. I was able to get both of them nice and soft - we'll see how long that lasts. I have especially enjoyed them today (not that I don't always) while thinking of Debbie.

Each year we replace the pictures on our "Fun Wall" which are all 4 walls of the bathroom closest to the pool. I printed and replaced 119 pictures in frames today. Now I just have to get used to different people staring at me. It was a fun chore - it is also a big chore - had to get it out of the way before Thanksgiving.

I've been feeling some mixed emotions between the land and water exercises - maybe like I don't push myself enough on land. After water class today I spoke with my trainer about my concerns basically telling her I sometimes feel like I "give up" on land. She said she's never seen me give up but what she sees is I go as far as I can then do 2 more. It was the boost of confidence I need to continue the strength training.

I've got that "I want to bottle this feeling" going on right now. I love it when that happens.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Closed Thread