Old 11-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #31  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

I solved the weigh all day by tossing the scale in the trash
Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Berniece: YES God works in mysterious ways...I will keep those boys in my thoughts.

As for me just passing through..I have been naucious all day..going to take a bath and call it a night.

Last edited by azcyn; 11-12-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #33  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies! I was just poking around and thought I'd check in and say hello! I wanted to say that most of you have new pictures up since I've been here and I'm telling ya.........you all look beautiful!!!! Congrats!

jeanne
Old 11-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Jeanne - I was thinking of you just the other day - so great to see you.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

A little cranky, because not only is TOM giving me fits, but I have caught a cold. Argh. As of this morning, I was up 1.2 pounds, and I ate poorly today. Never going to hit my year end goal like this. Very irritated at myself. Tomorrow is another day. I hope.

Angie
Old 11-13-2008, 07:12 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning Chickies,

I'm feeling a bit better today, ah the magic of antibiotics!

Debbie: I can't wait for your new store either. Please pm me with the address. I will try to go see your old account again. Maybe it was just a glitch in the system that day.

Angie: Sorry about your cold and TOM. You are in the same boat as me. TOM started for me this morning so I'm up 2 pounds!!! UGH. I haven't been feeling like eating so much so that wasn't a problem yesterday, hopefully today will be the same.

Catherine: I wish I knew all the family that served in the military like you do. You sure can go far back with yours. Thanks to your family.

Bernice: Hugs to your DH. I know that God did that to save those boys. I will be praying for them. Give your DH a great big thanks from all of us here. What a great guy you have!

Sharon: I absolutely don't mind one tiny bit that Ammi sent you any photos. Thanks for your sweet comments. Hugs to ya.

Christy: Hi there. Hope you had fun at the boyscouts meeting.

Cyn: Feel better soon.

Jeanne: Great to see you. Talk about beautiful! Your avatar is so beautiful!

Well, as I mentioned I think I am feeling a bit better today then I have been. I am going to brave the cold and go to work for a few hours. They are expecting to be super busy today so I can't let them down. TOM started this morning which is putting my weight up 2 pounds. I sure don't like seeing that. I guess none of us do even though logically we know it is water weight.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am planning on coming home and doing at least the bathrooms. They are horrid. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 11-13-2008, 07:19 AM   #37  

Good morning Peeps - another quick by - will try for more tonight.

Annie - don't push too much please - antibiotics are wonderful but please rest when you get home.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #38  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Toni-never throw a scale away. Run over it with your car first. So fun, and wickedly satisfying.

Debbie-I get disgusted when I look at old pictures of myself too. The stereotype is that if you are overweight, you must be stupid because no smart person would allow that to happen to themselves.

Annie-I wish I had that kind of genealogy on my dad's side. My mom's from a prominent family, so lots of paperwork. People who have money tend to have things like birth certificates and wills. Too bad I didn't inherit any of it. It also helps if one of your cousins is rich and Mormon and can hire professionals. My family has always served, all the way back to the Crusades. My dad said it is a combination of being large, strong, and having a bizarre need to stick our necks out. He told me that when I was a kid, and I guess I can't think of a better description of my gene pool, or me for that matter.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #39  

Height: 5'7"

Im in a crafty mood. I use to stay crafty..now it just hits me from time to time. I am thinking of making some towel cakes. I saw a few online and got some cute ideas. Guess I will be hitting the sales big this weekend and stocking up on neutral colored towels.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. We are starting to get sunny after 3 days of rain. I heard the S word in the forcast. I could do without it for now!!
Drinking my water and being good today.
hugs to all
Old 11-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hello Everyone,

I owe everybody personals. SORRY! I've been swamped over here!

The highlights:

* One more pound lost this week. That makes 10.7 lbs of fat off my body. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

* Ugh. Ended up binge eating over the weekend. First binge in over 2 months. I hate having to work all week and then over the weekend. But I was pushing myself to get a project done so I worked all weekend and ate all day while working. LONG story on why and what I'm doing about it. The good news is that I'm back to paying attention to myself. Monday through yesterday eating was back to normal.

* The client for whom I worked all weekend is throwing a neurotic fit and now doesn't want to pay me for the project (over 9 hours of work!!!!!!!!). Money has been SUPER tight these past few months and I really cannot afford to have this woman playing power trips. I am TRYING to find compassion in my heart for her but all that is there is anger and intolerance. Will pray about it through the day. I don't like it when my heart feels hardened like that; it leads to attitudes and behaviors in me that I don't like.

* Did 50 minutes on my bike the other day - AND IT FELT EASY!!!! I could barely do 10 minutes at the beginning of Sept! Have increased my exercise goals to 45 minutes (up from 30) on the bike every other day and 30 min (up from 20) WATP exercise video on alternate days.

* Strength training has been sporadic and not at all satisfying. I think I'll wait till December to tackle it again. In the meantime I found a strength-training-on-stability-ball upper body workout I like. I'm going to start doing those before my WATP videos.

* Went to get a mammogram a few weeks ago - baseline one since I'm getting up there in years. Yesterday I got a letter from the hospital saying I have to go back and get another once cuz they found something in the film they want to explore further. That's the last thing I need right now with all the stress and pressures in my life. Will call today and schedule a follow-up.

Water intake is not going well in my new office. Old office we had a water delivery service and getting up to fill the water bottle was mindless habit. Here I have to filter tap water with an old PUR pitcher I found in a box when I moved and then transfer to gallon-sized water jug for storage. I fill my water bottle from there. It's only a few more steps but they are not yet automatic. If I had the money, I'd just buy a water filter for the fawcet in the break room. For $ and environmental reasons I refuse to just buy bottled water every day. For taste reasons, I prefer the taste of PUR filtered water vs. tap water or Britta or other brands. And, yeah, I have a very sensitive palate and can distinguish the taste in water from one source to the next. My pitcher-to-gallon-jug system will work...it just has to be come a habit. Right now it is not. Last night I got home and felt so thirsty I downed 1 qt of water in one sitting. Must remember to drink water throughout the day.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:56 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

I think today is a better day. Still up weight, but hoping it will go away soon. I fear I have set myself up for failure by establishing time bound weight goals. I have set a 2.5 lb loss goal per week, and I am realizing that during TOM, it's just not going to happen. The reality of it is...I lose about 5 pounds a month when I am being pretty good. Not 10. But I so want to hit the no longer morbidly obese goal by the end of the month, and the less than 300 by my bday. I am going to see how the rest of the week goes before I re-establish my goals.

I hope everyone is doing well. I think we are putting up Christmas this weekend. Nothing much else to report.

Take care gang
Angie
Old 11-14-2008, 04:49 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Mimi, so sorry about the mammogram, here's to it being 'nothing'.xxxxxx WTG on the biking! Hey those extra few steps will all add up, even though it must be a pain having to sort your water out yourself.xxxxx
Carol, I missed the bit about your Dad, SORRY. So glad you are being positive & enjoying being with him now, you are a ray of sunshine!xxxxxx
Angie, never mind ANY loss is good, especially during TOM. Christmas decorations? Already???? We put ours up around the beginning of December, usually just before my oldest's birthday (10 Dec, he'll be 22!!! OOh I'm getting OLD, lol) Is it a tradition or do you just want them up & being one less thing to do?xxxxxx
Annie, glad you are feeling better, take it steady though, you don't want to end up in hospital.Glad you didn't mind me seeing your pic, you ought to post it on here to show what CAN BE DONE, lol!! Joel looks so happy & healthy too, I bet he's so proud of you & he can look forward to a long & happy life together with you now you're a 'normal' size & not at risk of all the health problems obesity brings.xxxxxx
Well I lost 3 1/2lbs, I hoped for more but it has shown me how much BAD stuff I was eating, drinking (beer!!!) & how just a week on healthy food, with lots of fruit & veg, can make me feel not just healthy but HAPPY!! lol I'm more determined now to lose 14lbs before Christmas 9 & a bit to go in 6 weeks, do-able, do you think?
xxxxx gotta go & get tidying up.
xxxxxsharon
debbie, you must post some pics of your creations, I wanna SEE THEM!!xxxxx

Last edited by voodoo1; 11-14-2008 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:40 AM   #43  

Good Morning Peeps

Annie - how are you feeling? Do you have to go back to see the doc to make sure that nasty ole bug is moving away? Does your new schedule mess with your health any - I would love having my workday out of the way early like you are able to do but might not make myself sleep enough.

Angie - how's the cold? You are doing so very well. I learned the hard way that time frame goals don't work for me. Now my goals are established along pounds released - not sure this next mini-goal is ever gonna get here. Be sure to do something special for yourself when you reach those mini goals. Do you have anything in mind? OK - I'm with Sharon - do you love the holiday decorations? I am always so tired of them by Christmas I sometimes take them down on Christmas day. I do love the spirit of the season though.

Catherine and Debbie - old pics of me - the few that there are - YUCK. We are so hard on ourselves. I now find myself stopping by the mirror a bit more to see if it's really me. Sometimes I wish I had a before pic that isn't just a face shot.

Mimi - new habits take a bit don't they - I had the same experience with water when my office moved - now I have to go down 2 flights of stairs to get water. At first I dreaded it - now I find myself not even thinking about it and not "planning" my trips - I'll go up and down maybe 10 times a day now. You're doing so well. When is the second mamo?

Sharon - way to go girl! One week of eating better makes such a difference to us. So why do we eat the other way? When you figure it out let me know. I love reading your posts. When I was a kid we put up the Christmas tree on my birthday too - now I can't wait that long. My oldest brother though still does it then.

Rat - whereyaat? Come out come out wherever you are!

Confession time - I find myself reading daily but not posting. I so love reading and feel like I don't have anything to say. Then I begin to feel disconnected. You are all so supportive and I haven't reciprocated. I will post every day. I will reconnect. I will support you in any way I can. Anybody else feeling this way? Anyone up to the challenge?

New recipe time tonight - either Chicken Delicious or Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Garlic. Anybody eating anything new? Since it has got cold I find myself wanting to cook more. Normally that would mean things not in the healthy eating categories - I've been looking at recipes and I'm excited about new options in the menu. I'll let you know how it goes - since I will be posting daily.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 11-14-2008, 07:52 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Angie -- I've never liked time-based goals. You can be doing really well, but if you don't hit the goal you set, you can also feel like a "failure"! If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll get there on your own time! good luck!
Old 11-14-2008, 07:59 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Carol: Thanks for the concern. I didn't push too much. I did clean my house and that made me feel a ton better but tired. Now I can relax knowing my home is clean and laundry is finished.

Catherine: My Mom's side of the family has their geneology all the way back to being related to Pocahontus (sp). My Dad is pretty much full blooded Chumash Indian and the only records were written on cave walls in CA and also whatever the San Luis Obisbo CA mission had before the records hall burnt to the ground. It doesn't matter to Native Americans what the records said. My Dad served on the Central Coast Indian Council for many years as cheif and all of the people and their parents that grew up in that area remember my Grandparents and their parents. It is funny how the ones with money are the ones who really care. lol. My Mom's family is like that.

Debi: Okay girl... What is a towel Cake???

Mimi: Congrats on the -1. I just had my first ever Mamogram and the technichian told me before they even started that lots of times they will give you a letter saying they need another look because things don't come out right and not to worry it is more often than not, nothing. Hugs to you sweetie and I'll be praying that is the case with you.

Angie: Hugs. I feel the same way about time goals. I get so disappointed when they don't work out that I seem to stall.

Sharon: Which picture did she send you? Is it the one with my Dad and Uncle in it too? I will post whatever picture you are talking about. Thanks for the lovely comments. Joel is so sweet and yes he is thrilled with my weight loss and healthy new lifestyle. Woo hoo to you on loosing 3.5 pounds. I totally think that you can lose another 9 by Christmas. IF you don't make it though, just don't be hard on yourself or you body. Hugs.

I have been thinking a lot about some MIA chickies: Rat, Battle, Nancy, Val, Brandnewme, Julia, Juliecee, I hope if you guys are lurking and any other missing Chickies, come back and say hello to us and tell us how you are. I wonder about you a lot as I'm sure others do too.

Blessings all,
Annie
Closed Thread