Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #46  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

The zombie has awoken. It is going to take some serious caffeine to get my motor started today. I've been asked to re-read my book before it goes to the second printing. I am not allowed to make major changes, or content changes, but I am allowed to make grammar or spelling changes. Reading it, all I can say is "why did I put THAT in there?!" I must have been on drugs or something. Of course the major "typo" isn't a typo at all. It is a practical joke from the author. I wonder how many of you guys noticed it? Life's to short not to be a bit whimsical at times.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:04 PM   #47  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

day 7 of being on plan!!!! I'm very proud and excited
Old 10-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #48  
BlockHead =)

Today is a better day so far with the headache. It's still there but not full force and I don't feel like I want to hide in a quiet, dark place.

So I've been trying to figure out the whole exercise thing. I'm doing great with my eating changes and water, and for the most part I've really wrapped my mind around the changes I'm making and why. I have a much more positive outlook about what I'm doing than ever before. Of course, with the diabetes I have a different way to look at things too. A woman I work with who is about my size, and who had lost some weight before coming to work with us, but who has been steadily gaining it back, commented at pot luck the other day. I had literally taken a bite sized portion of each of the 2 desserts that I wanted to try. She said "I can't believe you have that much willpower! I don't think I could ever do that!" And I said "I bet you could if you believed your life depended on it."

And that's the key for me. This time like never before (I've had the diagnosis for 4 years, I've been overweight and out of shape for most of my life) I believe that in order to have a chance at living a longer and happier life, in order to see my son grow up, to grow old with my husband, I need to be healthier. I finally really get it. So because my thinking is different my behavior is finally different. In most ways.

Bringing me back to the exercise. I am having such a hard time making it routine. And part of the problem is that even when I don't exercise, I have acceptable blood sugar levels and I'm still losing weight. So I think subconsciously I am telling myself "oh you don't really need to exercise". I was telling DH about this and how I kind of wished the BS numbers would be worse or I would stop losing weight. He put it this way for me. "You are a results driven person. Right now you are getting results without exercise. But eventually you will no longer get results just with the dietary changes. Then you will have to exercise to get the results you want. And it will be so much easier if you make it a habit now."

He's such a smart guy So I am working on it, one day at a time.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #49  
BlockHead =)

Default Catching up

cfmama - yay for you! keep up the great work

CatherineM - that sounds like torture! I even want to rewrite my journal entries from years ago when I reread them, hehe And congrats on the progress with therapy!

bigmomma - welcome! Sounds you are off to a great start

dgramie - sending you positive vibes that the scale will move (in the right direction) soon for you! How is the wedding shopping going? Having any luck finding the right color?

Ratkitten - glad to hear that your knee is on the mend and that the cpap machine is helping - sorry you don't like it, but the image of the cat cozying up with the hose is precious

Penny - YAY for your hubby! Sounds like you are a busy lady - congrats on doing well with the exercise and good luck to you and your DH with the jobs.

Annie - sounds like a good choice, it's better not to add to your stress and to set yourself up for success!

Anne - good for you on being so disciplined with your homework so that you have some good chunks of time for you, and congrats that the weight loss is still moving along even with the extra stress of homework and tests.

Debbie - glad your DH is doing better and sending you good vibes for the scale to get unstuck soon!

Angie - congrats on the 40 miles, the weight loss and the positive outlook!

Zelma - I bet you read this a lot, but you are an inspiration!

Bernice - what fun to earn all that free jewelry! I hope the cruise is fun and that you will be recharged and ready to tackle the move when you get back. I started a garden for the first time this year and really have no idea what I'm doing, but I learned a lot, and next year it will be even better.

Cyn - congrats on your son's job and on doing so well with the water. Good luck with things at work, sounds like someone needed to speak up, good for you!

Christina - wow on the exercise! And good for you for making the right choice for you with the Frosty. I hope you had sweet dreams

HilaryAnne - welcome!

Carol - I hope your trip was a good one

Sheltiemomma - enjoy your time with your DH

Mimi - congrats on resisting the donut binge and on having such great success this month! Keep up the great work!

Brenda - welcome back! Hope the vacation was awesome and that things will be back to normal quickly.

Julia - hoping TOM is easing up for you and good luck with the new church!

Sharon - condolences on the loss of your aunt, best of luck with the restart of SBD. I don't do it strictly, but I use a lot of the recipes from the SBD forum. I too love the feeling of fullness it gives me and love being free from the sugar cravings.

If I don't get a chance to post, happy weekend all! We are off to a corn maze after I get out of work tomorrow. If you have never gone to one you should check and find out if there is one near you, they are a lot of fun (and a lot of exercise, especially if you get lost in the maze!)

Jen
Old 10-03-2008, 03:53 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 307.5/301.5/159

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the welcome, Everyone!!!

I am almost 30 days into the Flex Plan of Weight Watchers. So far I have been doing really well staying in my points and getting some exercise. What plan is everyone else doing?
Old 10-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Annie, Debbie, and Jen - thanks for the personals. YES, I did it. I put the donut box in the break room on Wednesday after my post here on 3FC and promptly proceeded to forget about it until I walked into the office yesterday morning and saw it there. I'm amazed at how far I've come in my recovery. Even 1 year ago I would have eaten the whole box. How cool is that!?!

Hello HilaryAnne - gorgeous name! I'm sortta doing the WW Flex Plan but not really. I'm not being rigid about it, more like making sure following the following:
* Eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full.
* Eat Food, not too much. Mostly Plants. (Michael Pollan)
I may decide to be more rigid about it later but for now I'm focusing on my exercise, water intake, and making sure to get my depression in check. Best of luck to you. Keep stopping by - the ladies here are awesome!

I visited with a new shrink yesterday. My anti-depressant was making my hair fall out and I went off it mid-summer. So, I need a new doctor to help me find an alternative. I LOVE this guy. He's brilliant (went to one of the top medical schools in the country), has over 30 years experience and, best of all, he became a doctor way back when medicine included listening to the patient instead of rushing people in and out your door assembly-line fashion. He listens well, has excellent bed-side manner, and expressed real empathy as I was describing certain moments of my life experience. How lucky am I? The game plan is for me to get some blood work and for him to talk to my therapist. Then I go back to visit with him in two weeks and we talk prescription options. I'm thrilled!

I had a GREAT workout this morning. Decided on 640 minutes goal for this month; twice as much as I did in Sept. This means I need to do an average of 30 minutes a day so that I can have my planned rest days. This morning I decided to also do intervals...didn't quite work out that way but I did have some variety. So, my exercise bike workout went like this:

Minutes 1-15 - resistance 2
Minutes 15-20 - resistance 3
Minutes 20-25 - resistance 5 (this was a KILLER!!!)
Minutes 25-27 - resistance 2
Minutes 27-30 - resistance 1 (cool down)

I kept the same pace through all the resistance changes. At the end of it I felt energized and could have gone 10-15 minutes longer but had to stop so that I wouldn't be late for work. Did my fastest overall pace ever and stretched a bunch! I feel great!

Oh, and I cheated a bit this AM and stepped on the scale eventhough my official wi isn't until Monday. Lost 1 pound so far. Not changing my ticker till Monday but it's nice to know there is movement! :-)

Have a GREAT OP day everyone! :-)

Last edited by NuevaVida; 10-03-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:03 PM   #52  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

I am only a tiny bit away from never looking at 300 on the scale again. I told my TOPS group that next week is THE week and they are all pulling for me. What a great bunch of supportive and loving gals they are. My neck is really hurting so I have to go and rest it. Bye for now.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #53  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

I got into a fight with a bag of chocolate. The fight is over. The chocolate won.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:09 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Afternoon everyone.

Anne: Sounds like you are really busy in school. I stink at math so I admire anyone who doesn't. Hugs and I miss you. Great job on the weight loss.

Jen: Glad that your headache is better.

Debbie: You always make me smile. Glad your hubby is better. Have fun with the beads. I am on a good role with my exercise this month so far. My weight is up to 240 and I'm pretty sure it is TOM. I'm not changing my ticker until next Friday.

Angie: Congrats on getting to 330! You are right sweetie, Slow and Steady wins the race!

Zelma: Enjoy your visit with your Mum. I wanted my exercise to be higher so I can beat my personal minutes for last year. I did 18,000 last year and so far this year I'm at 14,512 minutes. I think I will make it if everything goes well even lowering my goal to 1500 minutes per month. Plus I'm not killing myself to catch up if I miss some time during the week. lol.

Bernice: Wow on your free jewelry. That is wonderful. Congrats on the house too and I hope your cruise is amazing.

Cyn: Congrats to your son on his new job.

Christie: Great job with all the exercise. I know you are frustrated for your mom and her health but sometimes just setting a good example like you did with the frostie will get the job done much better. Hugs to you sweetie.

Catherine: Hi there sleepy head.

CF: woohoo to you on day 7 of being op!!!

Nueva: I'm so proud of you for forgetting those donuts! You rock!

Toni: I am so excited for you getting so close to being out of the 300's. Woo hoo.

Brenda; there will be other battles and next time chocolate will lose! Hugs.

Carol: Are you back home now? How was your trip? Hi sweetie.

Well, I think I am pretty well caught up now. I am going to jump on the Cloud walker and then my bike. My arms are soooo sore from the pushups I did yesterday. I am hoping to do some more tomorrow. Maybe every other day with the push ups but I will do some situps today. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and blessings all,
Annie
Old 10-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #55  
BlockHead =)

Brenda - you may have lost the battle but you will win the war! *hugs*

Toni - so close! That is awesome!

Annie - have you checked out the push up challenge at hundredpushups.com? I know some other 3FCers are doing it. I am thinking of doing it maybe next month and trying to get some of the women I work with to do it with me. I'm sure it will be either wall or knee push ups for me, but it will be a start

I just did 30 minutes on the treadmill. It felt good. DH is still trying to get the belt fixed as it is fraying more and more each time. I need it to stay in good order for my 5k next weekend.

I had a great time earlier looking at everyone's pics on the pic thread. I will have to dig up some to post. Brenda - you are very talented!

Time to go finish making the divine chicken divan
Jen

Last edited by jeniansmom; 10-04-2008 at 06:06 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #56  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Brenda, I have lost that battle many times. I can't have chocolate in my house anymore, it is just something I know is too hard to resist. I can't even have the Special K chocolate bar thingies, I have to get the ones I don't like as much. Keep plugging away, this moment is not an hour ago and is a brand new opportunity.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:16 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Jen,

Let's do the push-up training together!
:-) Starting Monday. What say you? I'll commit to start with wall push-ups.

Anyone else game?
Old 10-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #58  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMPLS View Post
We are getting things prepared for our Cruise.....need to pack tomorrow night! YIKES!!! no where near ready to do that!!! Laundry!!! wish I was rich & could just go buy new clothes whenever I didn't feel like washing LOL
I am not sure if I will post while I am away......might find some time on the ship! LOL but wont guarantee that idea! LOL We are leaving out Sat driving to Florida then hopping on the Ship Sunday!!!
Oh a cruise sounds like so much fun. I hope to do that someday, when I am more healthy and active. I hope you have a wonderful time. I'm not sure you will want to pay what it would cost for the Internet on the cruise. Not sure how yours will be, but a friend of mine went on one and it was VERY expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
day 7 of being on plan!!!! I'm very proud and excited
That is so great, I know how difficult it is to get everything going all at once to stay OP. I have to start tracking my food in Fitday again, I have been slacking this week. I haven't been eating badly but you never know how much you've had till you add it all up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HilaryAnne View Post
Thanks for the welcome, Everyone!!!
I am almost 30 days into the Flex Plan of Weight Watchers. So far I have been doing really well staying in my points and getting some exercise. What plan is everyone else doing?
Congrats, I know you will succeed at this. WW is a great program, I was doing that but I switched to calorie counting so I could get more details on where my calories are coming from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniLight View Post
I am only a tiny bit away from never looking at 300 on the scale again. I told my TOPS group that next week is THE week and they are all pulling for me. What a great bunch of supportive and loving gals they are. My neck is really hurting so I have to go and rest it. Bye for now.
Way to go! I look forward to that day myself. I have been thinking of joined a local TOPS group here. I just need to figure out which one and try to add it to the many things I am juggling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by going to lose 200 View Post
I got into a fight with a bag of chocolate. The fight is over. The chocolate won.
Awww, bad old chocolate! Next time it picks on you send it to my house and I will melt it down and pour it down the sink like the Frosty!! That will teach it to mess with you again! Just don't beat yourself up over it, chocolate doesn't fight fair. You just keep training and soon enough you will become it's master!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpal View Post
Christie: Great job with all the exercise. I know you are frustrated for your mom and her health but sometimes just setting a good example like you did with the frostie will get the job done much better. Hugs to you sweetie.
Thanks Annie, I am really hoping that will be the case. It's just so difficult for me to understand why she isn't fighting harder with her health being so poor. If I have to play the food **** I will, "No Frosty's for you!"

I think I'm gonna eat some more advil and try to get some rest. My arms feel like wet noodles from the swim class. I am thinking about taking my son shopping and then maybe to the pool for awhile. Sadly, right now my mind is more active and ready to do things than my body is ready for lol. I know it will catch up with the rest of me sooner or later.
Hope you all have a great OP weekend! Here's a healthy dose of for us all!
Old 10-04-2008, 01:37 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Height: 5'9"

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome . I have to tell you, this was the first place I actually felt comfortable enough to tell my weight. It is a comfort to know that others have been or are where I am.

I drink plenty of water, about 2 gallons a day! So yes, I pee quite often. My kids find it pretty annoying, we have to stop at a bathroom everywhere we go. I know some of you are thinking tmi, oh well, thats me .

I'm still trying to decide how many calories I want to work with, 1200, 1500 or 1800. Considering how heavy I am at the moment, I'm leaning toward 1800, but I'm afraid I'll lose very ssslllllooooowwwwlllllyyyyy. Once upon a time I weighed 245, did the 1200 cals. diet and dropped 80 lbs. in 5 months. At that time my stomach and other parts tightened up, no apron or sagging, though my arms were a little flabby but not bad. Boy was I lucky, I dont think that will happen this time, I am too fat and have been for far too long for anything to bounce back

A little humor:
I love to swim, but having had an accident at work and injuring my back I haven't been able to swim for over a year. Well, I'm feed up with my weight and to add insult to injury, I gained 15 pounds in this past year. So I decided to try to swim. Here I am doing the breast stroke and I'm having trouble, what the heck, I feel like I'm drowning, my butt is floating well above the water line. When did I get a big butt? I mean I've always been wide but I've never had what you would consider a protruding butt (I mean it's always been flat as a pancake) and now here I am trying to kick and I feel like I'm bobbing for apples! Guess thats were the extra 15 pounds went!
I had taken my boys and one of their friends, who happens to be from a foreign country, so he is just learning english. When I complained about my big butt floating he said " it's ok, you just have a juicy booty", we all just cracked up laughing and the poor kid thought he said something wrong, till my son explained that you only say that to "hot girls", then he laughed too.
Ok, so know I have a new challenge, how to swim without my butt floating and forcing my head into the water??? Guess I'm stuck with the side and backstrokes for awhile
Have a great weekend everyone:P

Last edited by bigmomma; 10-04-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:04 AM   #60  
BlockHead =)

Mimi
I love your enthusiasm!
I'm looking at doing it maybe next month though. I've got 3 other challenges I'm doing for October and a fourth feels like overload!
If you decide to do it Monday I will cheer you on, if you decide to wait, I'll do it with you in November
*hugs* Jen
Closed Thread