Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi everyone

Catherine: Great news. Congrats on not having to go to therapy anymore!

Angie: Thanks, I'm coming around maybe I'm premenstral or something. lol.
Huge congrats on that 40 miles of walking. I may have to give myself another challenge like that on my bike or something. I'm proud of you.

CF: My story is very similar to yours. My dad used to break/train horses for a living so I was on one at a tiny girl age until I got married at age 19. I have to say, It was fabulous!!!

Sharon: My deepest sympathy to you on your Aunt's passing. Hugs. As far as starting over it is fine. Better to start over and over then never to start at all! Most of us start over each morning when we wake up! Hugs. I rode out in the woods. I loved it soooooo much!

Debbie: Hi sweetie.

Carol: Hugs on your hard day. Congrats to you too on making your walking goal. I am truly proud of you guys for doing that!

Sheltie: I hope your dh feels better very soon.

Well, I have been up since 3 a.m. and it is almost 8 p.m and my little clock is winding downnnnnn. I hope you are all doing well and staying op.
Blessings to you all,
Annie

Last edited by dogpal; 09-30-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:43 PM   #17  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Everyone,

Not a long message. I am on holidays, but things have been quite busy. I just wanted to put up the post that I put in the Exercise thread. I have not been eating REALLY well lately, and I figure that the only thing stopping me from gaining weight is the exercise I have been doing. I would really like to LOSE weight, but I have to stop having those 'little extras' every day, no matter HOW healthy they are. I am finding that maintaining weight loss is a LOT harder than losing the weight. I take my hat off to people who reach the maintenance phase and just cruise along smoothly. Mind you, I don't think that hormones are helping me one little bit. I never had cravings while I was losing the weight, and now they hit me TWICE a month. NOT FAIR!!!!

Anyway, I'm really proud of the exercise I have done this month... (post from exercise thread following)

I did pretty well this month. All of my exercise was walking/jogging and most of it was done on the treadmill. I only had 3 total rest days - usually Saturdays, as we walk around the shops most of the morning - with my minimum exercise day (I think only one or two of these) was 20 mins of walking.

Results:
1630 mins (370 mins of which were jogging, which is the most I have EVER done)
202km/125miles covered
Mostly walking around 7.5km/h (4.6mph) with jogging done at 8.5km/h (5.2mph)

Personal Goal... 1630/1200 - putting me 430 mins OVER my goal

Sharon - I'm truly sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope that your family has plenty of time to share wonderful memories of her over the next few days/weeks.

Annie - I can certainly relate to the emotional rollercoaster. I am getting close to asking the doctor to prescribe something for me as I become a 'monster' a couple of times a month and it really isn't fair on those around me.

Catherine - Great news about not needing the therapy any more. I hope that the good work that has been done so far just keeps causing a 'ripple effect' and everything else smooths out nicely for you. Perhaps in time even those nightmares and flashbacks will ease, if not totally disappear.

Well... hubby is home from work and I'm going to go spend some time with him. This is what I love most about holidays, spending more time with Neil, even if it's just sitting around doing nothing together.

I hope you are all having a lovely week... well, as good as possible anyway.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 10-01-2008, 12:23 AM   #18  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Stayed on plan all day for the last four days (since starting this new journey!), logged my food in Fitday, got my exercise in. I'm happy. I'm sooo happy that I am doing something about this FINALLY.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:05 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Last day of the month - evaluation time! :-)

* Started on this journey 9/7/08.

* I completed my exercise goal of 320 minutes. YAY me! Exercise goal for October is 640 minutes.

* Finally found my scale and weighed myself for the first time this Monday. Have lost 3.7 pounds since I last weighed myself before my move at the end of August. Not bad, all things considered. Better yet, now I have a benchmark and am able to do weekly weigh-ins.

* Also found my BMI reader. Tracking that too.

* This week I started login my food on WW's website. Decided to start on the Flex Plan since I love cooking and eating this way won't throw me into a binge.

* And, speaking of binges, my hunger cues are on again (yay!) which means I'm not binge eating. Feeling hunger is a good thing. And, I'm more in tune with what my body is craving so I'll been having LOTS more veggies and healthy food. Tracking on WW will help with that too!

* I am drinking lots of water. Nice side effect? I'm back to recognizing the difference between thirst and hunger. Speaking of which, I''m thirsty!

* Depression is getting less severe. Have been taking my vitamins and herbs regularly. That, along with the exercise, seem to be making a difference for the better.

All in all, I'm super pleased. This month HAS NOT been easy but I made it!

Last edited by NuevaVida; 10-01-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:10 AM   #20  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

Hello ladies sorry I disappeared on you all like that, I just needed to step away from the situation for awhile and gather myself, and trying to keep up with every thread area is impossible. I will warn ya now, this will be a bit long because I have some catching up to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgramie
christina_ first let me say welcome!! I post in other areas of 3fc also and some areas are more friendly than others. I love the site and everyone here! I have made wonder friends here and I know you will also. I feel like we are a family here.When someone is struggling we all care about that person and try of offer advice and encouragement. WE also all share in the joys of each other accomplishments! I find myself during the course of my day thinking of things i need to tell my friends here. I have never done a online forum or chat or any kind before and I Love this one!!!
NOw please tell us about yourself and what plan you are following. I am a calories counter.
Thank you for the Welcome! Yeah, despite how I was feeling I still love this place. I credit it for keeping me going, if for nothing else than all the positive energy and inspiring stories I read here. I was doing WW's but realized I was actually doing CC's because I weight and measure everything and use Fitday to track my food. I heart Fitday! I will post in the bio section sometime soon for anyone that is interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMPLS
Christina !!! I'm not sure what other sections of the forum you were posting in....but for me the 300+ is about the only place I will post consistently........the women here have been through or are going through the same issues I am struggling with......how can I relate to a 150lb girl that is "so tired of being fat" to me that is my goal weight (a little below it but still) I would die to be that fat LOL Plus with having alot of weight to lose most women here know that it is not a quick few changes to get to that goal weight..........we have to really work at it and for much longer than those wanting to lose 20-40lbs! Those women in that range just don't understand when we lose 1lb a week it is a victory.................because we didn't gain and we stayed on plan! For them that would be a horrible week because they "dieted" all week and ONLY lost 1lb! Don't get me wrong I've learned from my skinner than me sisters here some techniques for changing the way I eat, I just don't think they can give me the type of support that my 300+ chickies can give. Hope you stick around and give us 300+ women a chance!
Thanks and I couldn't agree more. I think I take things more to heart when it comes from somebody that I can relate to more, because I know they have been there or are going through the same thing now. I plan to be more active here after reading all the post and getting such a warm welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie54
Christina, We share ALOT of support here so hopefully this is the place for you!! I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for these ladies here kicking me in the butt when I needed it and having a hug ready when things were tough. So join on in any old time and we all can't wait to get to know you. Hope your Mom is doing better and will be out of the hospital soon. That alone is alot of stress on a person.
Thanks Debbie. Yeah I am proud that I didn't eat my way through the stress for once. My mom is out of the hospital but she isn't out of the woods yet. She needs a 4th stent in her heart but they can't do it till they get her bleeding ulcer stopped because they have to give her blood thinners to do the procedure. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make her all better so she could start exercising and losing weight. I know the lack of movement and her poor diet is the cause of all her health issues. Not to mention it runs in the family, Diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease so I know what's in my future if I don't do this now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaHood
Christina - How are you feeling this week?
I am feeling much, much better this week. I got a handle on my emotions and was surprised to have lost 3 lbs this week despite my poor eating choices and only one day at the gym. I plan to step it up this week. My plan is to workout at Curves MWF and I just joined the YMCA so I could throw in some water aerobics classes. I had to find something to wear to the gym first, that was crucial to my success. I decided to go with the non-traditional approach and ordered some swim pants and a shirt, I guess it's more like what surfers would wear but it covers ALL of me (yay) and it cuts out the normal excuses of "I didn't shave". So I have no reason at all not to move my butt! I am excited, I hope they arrive soon and that they fit me well. Here is the link to the site I bought from, it wasn't cheap but so worth it to me if it fits well. http://www.solartex.com/servlet/-str...zes/Categories

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuevaVida
Christina -
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuevaVida
Are you still with us? Being honest and vulnerable is hard. Thank you for putting yourself out there. I think the ladies here have responded correctly. Not every forum of 3FC is as warm and supportive of this one. Weight loss is such a hard road. I have found people here to be friendly and supportive but I definitely need more! About 95% of my strategies are all internally-driven as opposed as needing other people for support; that’s just who I am in my life right now. I know these may not be helpful to you but I figured I’d share a few thing s I’m doing to keep me focused. I'm just strating on this road so, I'm hoping and praying it all works for me! ::grin::
Thanks for the welcome. I am usually a very self-sufficiant person but I guess I just mainly felt like I was being overlooked and I get that enough on a day to day basis from strangers in the real world, it's not a good feeling when you are sharing yourself and getting the same reaction. Yet, I have moved on from that place now and I will not let any thing get my way, I have been tested pretty strongly this whole month and managed to lose 16lbs, so I think I've done well. I think you have put together some really good ideas for yourself and I wish you the bests at sticking with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
Stayed on plan all day for the last four days (since starting this new journey!), logged my food in Fitday, got my exercise in. I'm happy. I'm sooo happy that I am doing something about this FINALLY.
That's awesome! I know how you feel, I am very happy when I succeed in what I set out to do. It's good to try and remember how this feels for when temptation hits so you will have more will power to make the better choice. I am glad you are doing this, I know just a month has made a HUGE difference in my life already!

Phew, that's gotta be it for now. I made it to Curves today and worked hard then killed myself at the grocery store for 1.5 hours of shopping. I bought some 15 bean soup to make for tomorrow night. Never had it but I hope it's yummy! Ok I need to get some sleep, 6:30am is a meanie.

Have a great OP day ladies and again thats for all the warm welcomes!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #21  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone
Just letting you know that I am back from vacation. All went well and we had a great time. Unfortunately, my house is a mess, have to do loads of laundry and work at releasing all the fluid I am holding on to. I'll be back later...
Old 10-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning all..

Zelma: Great to see you posting again!!

cfmama: They say that it gets easier as you go along...you are doing great staying on plan.

Well yesterday after work I went to my friends house that I carpool with to watch TBL and sew up some pumpkins. Think I am going to put them on ETSY and see if they sell. They are really adorable. Thanks Debbie54 for encouraging me to put them on there

I am off to work...and soon they say we will be in the 90's yeah!!!!

Toodles all...remember drink that water today!!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #23  

Hello my Peeps!

A special note for all the new people joining us or lurking in the shadows... many of us only post on the weekly thread because it's "safe" from the people who have never weighed anything more than 20lb or so over their goal weight. When there's a separate topic line, you'll find many folks with lots of different experiences will reply. The people on our weekly thread have "been there, done that" and I respect and believe what people say here. These people have kept me focused and prevented me from isolating when stress and life get to be too much. Binges don't last weeks on end anymore. Because of these thread folks, I am more centered in reality and not in Ratkitten-World (happens a lot hehe).

All the newcomers and lurkers.. post, even if it's a ramble or a one-liner to say "I'm here! I exist!".

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 10-01-2008, 12:09 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi Chicks!

My poor hubby has got a terrrrrrrrible headcold. I think it's from the change in weather and him going in and out of a huge freezer at work. So today I'll make a big pot of chicken noodle soup. The weather is really starting to change and I was hoping to get out there and get the yards cleaned up one more time, but don't know if I'm going to make it. If it warms up a bit today, I might get out there and try to get it done before the rain starts tomorrow.
Doing good OP and water, but exercise, still a bust.

Carol, sorry to hear you had such a rough day , but congrats on maintaining after a huge release last week.

Brie, good to see ya!

Annie, I'm still imagining galloping thru the woods on the horse. Magnificent!! I sure miss those days.

Zelma, you can really walk fast!!! Wow! I think I'm going fast at 2.7 mph...lol. You got alot of miles in too. That's just wonderful. Keep up the good work. Have a great holiday with Neil!

cfmama, good for you! Doesn't it feel great to be doing something for yourself? Keep up the good work.

Mimi, sounds like you accomplished quite a bit.

Christina, good to see you here again! So glad your Mom is out of the hospital. Hopefully she will continue to heal and be up and runnning around exercising with you soon. Sounds like she's been thru alot. on losing 3lbs this week! and 16lbs in a month is fantastic!! You're on your way to a healthier you!!

Brenda, glad your vacation was great! Have fun doing all the laundry! lol

Cyn, what's your etsy store? Post it so I can go see your pumpkins. I'm so glad you decided to join! I had to laugh because you said that it's going to be in the 90s and you're happy about that....it still sounds miserable but then I remembered you live in Arizona, and that's cooling off for you.

Ratkity, I LOVE your Ratkity world!!! Keep the stories coming!! I do know what you mean about coming here and getting the support we need when we weigh this much. So true about nobody who only has to lose 20 lbs, knows what we are going thru.

Well, I guess that's it for me. Hope all are getting their water in and staying OP. Still needing the kick in the butt to get into exercising.

toodles
Debbie
Old 10-01-2008, 01:17 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Morning all,

Zelma: I hope you enjoy your vacation time.

CF: It is wonderful to have some happiness. Woo hoo sweetie.

Nueva: Congrats on the weight loss and reaching your exercise goa! Sounds like your month was a good one.

Brenda: Welcome home. Glad that your trip was a good one.

Rat: How is they knee hon?

Debbie: Sorry to hear your dh is so sick. Hugs to him. I had to laugh about your galloping through the woods thing. lol. It was more of a slowwww walk. lol. I did trot one time.

Well, I am going to start October off right with some exercise. I didn't make my Sept. exercise goal so I am determined to get a jump on my October one. I hope you all have a wonderful op, water drinking, exercising day.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 10-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #26  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I don`t have much time but coming here, seeing my name and hearing people sending me love and support means ALL THE WORLD to me. I am grinning from ear to ear

Thanks!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:49 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I am INSANE.

There is a bakery close to where I work. Just went in there and BOUGHT A WHOLE BOX OF DONUTS. We are talking $7 worth - GIGANTIC box of donuts. What on earth was I thinking? :::shaking head::::

Ugh, that is such binge behavior!

To top it all off, I'm in the office ALL ALONE today - everyone else is on short schedules, telecommunting, or working at client's sites so it's not like I bought the box to share.

Well, I've had my donut and half a croisant and the rest of the box goes in the break room. If I go in there for another piece, I'm taking the whole box and throwing it out.

No f***ing way I'm binge eating on a box of donuts.

What was I thinking?!?!?!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 307.5/301.5/159

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! I am so excited that I found a place I can talk to people who know what it is like to look down at the scale and see that dreaded 3 staring at you. I love to see all of you girls who have really taken a big chuck off your weight. It shows me that IT IS POSSIBLE! My sister and I are supporting eachother but she weights 100lbs less and even though she means well, she doesn't always understand my pain. Hope to get to know you all!!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 346/346/140

Height: 5'8"

Evening

Man, soooo busy! UGH! I haven't even tried to start eating better. Hubby is home until at least Monday. Has another check-up Monday morning. Man, I love having him home, but when you're used to him being gone, it really messes up your schedule

I really hope to get on here more. I really enjoy being here and you have all been so friendly. Thanks. It's appreciated even if I don't say it
Old 10-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hiya Peeps - I'm on the road tonight and missing the pleasures of home - pups at my feet or should I say pups all over me and the company of DH. I'll be home tomorrow night - what a wuss I am. I was hoping to see some fall color here in the Ozark Mountains but I think I'm a week or two early - maybe next trip.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Closed Thread