Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 07:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1170

WELCOME!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #2  

Joins in Zelma's cry *AMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII*

Great to see you! You've been missed *hugs*

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 08-04-2008, 11:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning-
Well I just got off the phone with big boss of work. I feel like it was a waste of my time to call. We will see. Kids have school registration today and little one excited to see who her teacher will be. So we will go there soon. She had a friend spend the night and I have to vacuum up popcorn that is everywhere! I think they are going to get the kareoke out today too. Older daughter left already to go help the band teacher out this morning with signing up freshman. Hubby is home and sending off some resumes to some places. I think it is going to be a hot one here today! I better get moving now. Hope you all have a great day. I have to go drink water now. Penny
Old 08-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #4  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Ammi-I missed you

Zelma-It is hard to get doctors to look on a voice as a musical instrument, and treat it like a Stradivarius. Just don't let the ENT put you head down on a table and take X-rays up your nose. That's was just wrong on so many levels.

I am doing a count down to school starting. I am going to register this week, and stay home and sew. I got all my top base layers for winter yesterday. Summer is the best time to shop for winter stuff at thrift stores. I even found an Obus Forme cushion to use in class. The only part of my butt that doesn't have cushion is the part that hits the seat. It's important for sciatic pain to have cushioning so that none of your weight is on your tail bone. I haven't bought a cushion because they cost up to $100, so finding just what I needed at the thrift store for $6 was a tad freaky. I may have knocked another woman out of the way to grab it, I'm fuzzy on the details.

There is one nice thing about no longer using a wheelchair, I can properly jostle and fight over stuff at crowded sales. You just can't do that properly sitting down. I reminded me of the basement sales the day after Christmas my mom used to take me to. This was a grand opening of a new thrift store, so it was pretty crowded. Himself looked like a calf in the lion's den. He's 6'5", but looked scared to be around that many pushy women. He kept trying to stay out of the line of fire, and then finally asked if he could wait outside. I found him later sitting on a horrid green chair in the furniture department. He had no worries that anyone was going to buy it. It would have looked great in a 1960's TV show. He survived though. At least I don't make him hold my bag.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #5  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Dinner went well with the in-laws. I made FIL sit and listen to me and in the end it boiled down to that my weight is not a topic for discussion or comment and that he can't lose weight for me I can't stop smoking for him. The thing is...he is a sweet well-intentioned man with no filter so things just come out. I think it helped that I acknowledged that I understood he was being supportive. I did also call him a hypocrite though and I think that kind of got him. Oh well.

AMMI....wow..welcome back and hello!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:11 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Hi...well its monday again and im back to babysitting fulltime. I actually do alot better with dieting and my housework when i have the kids fulltime. I know i have to do it and cant put things off.I sure enjoyed my summer just dont know where the time went!!
Oldest daughter was home for the whole weekend and it was so great!! I know the time of her not coming home for the weekend is getting closer. I think I am ready for her to move on into her own life. She will graduate college in dec. My youngest is getting nervous about starting college..glad she is staying home and going to community. Oldest son only comes home about once a month..hopefully he will come more often once the baby comes.

julee_ glad your dinner with the inlaws went well after all!My fil is also one of those who says whatever comes to mind. Its hard to deal with at times but know he didnt mean any harm.

catherine_ so glad you found a pillow. I love a bargin!! They dont put winter clothes out in our thrift stores till sept. I could panic if i truly thought about it...i have nothing for winter!! I mean nothing..last winter I was a 26 and looks like i should be an 18 this winter ..maybe even some 16s by then. Money is so tight I will have to thrift store shop for the most part.

penny- my kids had friends over once and had a popcorn fight..i didnt think i would ever get it all vacumned up. I found it for weeks..it was even in flower pots. I wanted to beat the kids that night!!!

rat_ hi..hope your not to tired today from all that work you did over the weekend. I went out this morning and finished the weeding before it got to hot. I also picked more out of the garden. I think i will have to freeze the squash.

annie_ I love your new pictures and there is nothing yucky about you in a tank top!! I am so proud of you

johnnie_ I am so proud of you also...your pictures are amazing!

heather_ glad you are back with us

ammi_ nice to meet you...

dmpls_ its so hot here in ky...and we are suppost to be even hotter tommorow. How was your 1st day back at school??

going to go and refill my water jug..already had my 1st 64 ounces
hugs
debi
Old 08-04-2008, 01:20 PM   #7  
Johnnie

S/C/G: 390/291.8/??

Height: 5'1"

Thank you all for your well wishes and congratulations. I think all of you wonderful ladies have been a major contributor to my sustained weight loss. Thank you for that as well. After the initial euphoria, I did have somewhat of a letdown because I started thinking about the fact that although I passed a milestone, it is still not even 50% of what I would like to ideally lose in total. But then I realized that if I just stay with the program I will get there, if I can do the first 100, I can certainly do the rest.

Catherine - What a coup getting just the cushion you need for $6. Sounds like you will have everything well organized before school starts.

Julee - Glad you were able to clear the air with FIL

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #8  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

I am jumping in after discovering the 300 thread. I don't do personals very well because by the time I have read and am now typing, I have forgotten most details.
I ate after everyone was in bed last night. Not a mindless gorge but a planned binge. A binge nonetheless. I counted the calories and wrote them down as well but am still disappointed in myself. I knew I would be while I was doing it too. Now I have to make up for it in the days left until my weigh in. I hate doing that and should have remembered so. We had emotional discussions yesterday and I think that was part of the whole reason, I don't really want it to be though. I thought I was sorta done with Food being so important, like it is something that can fix things and comfort. I will have to be diligent in my feelings this week and find reasons and motivations for being successful in my weight loss endeavor.
Toni

Last edited by ToniLight; 08-04-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

hugs toni...we all have an attachment to food of some sort. Hey just remember it could have been worse! back on the wagon today and increase your water for the next few days.
debi
Old 08-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #10  
Shape Shifter

I'm back again, hoping to make myself stick around this time. I started a new little thread in this section if you want to take a peek.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie, I love to shoot guns!!! Isn't it a blast? Sounds like you're always on the move these days. Doing 5k, bike riding, and walking. I admire you're motivation kiddo!!

Angie, sometimes we just reach a point where things slow down. The sodium can be a big problem if you don't get enough water in. Maybe the bod needs a break. It could be a number of things. Just try not to over analyze things.

Ammi!!! Hi Girl!!! We miss ya lots here! Just to let you know, for some reason the US and Canada can't get Scrabulous right now. Just when the games were gettting good!!

Johnnie, you better not even get down on yourself for not reaching the 50% mark!!! You've done amazingly well on your journey and you've come so far and should be so proud of yourself. Do you realize how many people out there will never make it to the 100 lb loss mark? You just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll hit the 50% mark. We're all so happy and proud of you!!!

Toni, welcome and join in whenever you can. You can do this!!

Ewing, welcome to you too!!!

Today I officially started back OP. I wanted to wait til Jim went back to work and things got to normal. I was at 291on last Friday, but now at 288 today, so already the water weight is coming off. I'll be happy when I get these 16 lbs off that I gained. It sure can come back so easily.
I'm back to working on my little banks too for something to keep me occupied.
HOpe all are having a great day and staying OP and drinking that water, and movin!
Debbie
Old 08-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Angie: Hang in there is number one on my list of hitting a plateau. Is there any way you can up your water a bit, maybe eat more fresh fruits and veggies and protein and not so many salty things? Sorry I'm not more help but hugs to you hun.

Ammi: Thanks so much. It was so great to see you post here. I know you are at the over 40 thread these days but stop in when you can. Everyone here misses you soooo much. Hugs.

Bernice: Have fun at work. Is there any way your daughter could ride the bus or something so you can ride your bike? Great job recommitting to staying op. I myeself have a renewed feeling today about exercising more again. I need to do that to get my weight moving downward again. I have slowed in my weight loss so much. I want to get to my next goal so badly. I guess we all do. Hugs.

Sharon: I will be praying that you get the job sweetie. Thanks for the sexy comments. lol. Sorry about your throat too. Do you have the recipe for the ww soup? I would love to try to make it if you have it.

Penny: Have a great day hun.

Catherine: Great job that you got the pillow at the thrift store. I think God was watching out for you. I wish I could find good things at the thrift stores around here. The only plus size clothes that I find are the ones that I donated to them a week before. lol. I am going to go to the St. Vincent's thrift store today to look for a bike. My DH needs one so we can ride together.

Julee: Glad that you and FIL had a talk and worked things out.

Debi: You are such a sweetie. Thanks.

Johnnie: I know what you mean. When I had lost my first 100 pounds I didn't celebrate too much because of how much further I had to go. I just want you to not do what I did. Celebrate my dear. It is a wonderful accomplishment!

Toni: Welcome! So glad to have you here. Don't fret about the binge. You were aware and next time it happens hopefully you can stop and not binge as much. Small steps. I have a sister that lives in Montana. She lives in Ronan. It is very pretty there.

Ewing: Welcome back.

Debbie: congrats on loosing that water weight. You are well on your way hun. Great job getting back op. Hugs to you.

Well, I am having a slow day today. It is almost 2 p.m and I am still in jammies!!!! I need to get my butt moving. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 08-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #13  
Chained, Chainge, Change

Dogpal, Ronan is not far from here, I am in Plains.
Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #14  
Johnnie

S/C/G: 390/291.8/??

Height: 5'1"

Debi - I don't know if you've ever frozen squash before, but I never had until a few weeks ago. I'm going to pass along a little info I didn't know. You have to parboil the squash before freezing or it will continue to germinate even in the freezer. The lady that gave me squash is in her 80s and has been growing a garden and freezing and canning for a long time. She told me to bring water to a boil, put the squash in just until it's hot to the touch then drain & freeze.

Toni - Welcome! You will find a lot of inspiration here. Also, you are not the only one to have a secret planned binge. I've had a a couple in the last year and look I've released 100 lbs. I still fight that food comfort and I know I always will, but I find success in having only a few of those binges as opposed to the regular ones I used to do.

Ewing - Welcome Back!

Debbie & Annie - Thanks for the encouragement, the funky mood has passed and I'm feeling lighter again hehe.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #15  
Chained, Chainge, Change

Yes, texarkgal, putting veggies straight in the freezer without blanching gives you food that tastes like cardboard. We have done it and the compost got all my yukky green beans that year.
Closed Thread