Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 12:25 AM   #61  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-Yes, I found the pencil. It's a Staedler Remedyx. Very ergonomic.

Debbie-My oldest foster son asked me for permission to sign up for the Navy for his 17th birthday present. He was/is the world's biggest nerd, except perhaps for my husband. I was convinced he'd never make it through bootcamp. He had to take an extra month, but did graduate. They sent him to some of the best culinary training in the country. He got to see Scotland, Amsterdam, Chile, the Panama Canal, and got to chase down some drug smugglers. He also got to see the Persian Gulf. I could have done without knowing about that one. Since he was an Eagle Scout, he got to leave boot camp with two stripes. He didn't do the college fund thing. Had no desire to go to college. He just wanted to be a baker, and he's a really good one now. He did make a surprisingly large paycheck considering. More money than he makes running a large bakery now. He actually loved his time at sea, but it did cost him his marriage. That might have been a good thing, all in all. I suspect he liked being at sea because it allowed him to get away from his wife, and it gave her lots of time to get into trouble.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:53 AM   #62  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Ive been a bit naughty and fell off the wagen for a few days. TOM started and Ive been so ill with it, which luckily is not the norm.Ive been eating pretty good meals but been eating crisps and chocolate too . Well never mind it was a small blip and Im back on the wagen today which is the important thing! I think thats the good thing, Ive learnt a little blip is just that and its not an excuse to forget the diet completely which Ive done in attempts before.

Today is my weigh day, 2lbs heavier but I know thats water and I can really feel it. I decided just to keep that in mind and not record it and its the next weeks weigh in which really counts.

Im all excited as Ive booked fights for a little trip back to the Uk to see my family. Me and baby are going for 5 days at the end of August. Sadly my husband cant come which is why is a short trip. Hes already dreading it because he is really going to miss our son an awful lot. So I really want to get a few more pounds down before that. Then the next time Im going back is New Year and I really want there to be a big difference in me!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:17 AM   #63  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

didn't feel up to getting online last night........my tooth is still hurting! thank goodness my dental appt is this afternoon!

Yesterday went ALOT smoother than the day before!

gotta run
stay OP and have a great day chickies!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:21 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 320/220/180

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone!!

I was on before, didn't really post much, but after my motorcycle accident in June, I have decided that I want to be more healthy, stronger, and lose a little weight!

It was so nice to read the weekly thread again, so HELLO EVERYONE and I am glad I am back!!

Cheers!
M
Old 08-07-2008, 06:48 AM   #65  

Height: 5'7"

dmpls_ hugs hope you feel better after the tooth is fixed!

sara_ we all have those bumps...i had a big one on tuesday and my scales are still showing it.Just get back on track and up your water!

M-glad to have you with us

annie_ hugs

rat_ i hate that inner voice..with flylady help im training my inner voice to be nice!!

debbie_ its been so hot here also...but today we are suppost to cool down. I cant wait to take the boys across the street to play on the playground. We have been staying outside for only about 30min this week and their little faces get so red hot.

catherine_ sounds like he had an adventure in the navy. My uncle was in the navy and loved it.

Has anyone ever been to a wedding with a candy buffet? I have seen lots of postings about them and just wondered how they went over...choclate fountains are the thing here for weddings but i thought it would be fun if she did something different. NO date set yet..lol
Old 08-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #66  
742,000 calories burned

OMG am I cranky. Do you ever have that one day before your period where you just feel like going down to a biker bar and getting into a fight? I guess I could walk in and yell that Harley's are for sissies or something. You'd think when I was this cranky that he would stay out of my path, but he thinks he can make me feel better by following me around and pestering me. Menopause can't possibly be worse than this.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #67  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

DG...I have seen them. We considered doing one for our wedding but changed our minds. A lot of time they are done in the colors of the wedding...you set out a long table with nice decorative jars of various candies in the colors you choose and have out cute bags or boxes for people to load up. Those become the take-home favor and you can put labels on the bags and boxes. If you have a place in your area that does wholesale candy then you can get the bulk discounts. Also you can get custom printed M&M's in your choice of about 30 colors with your own messages printed on them. We had realllly wanted those but because of the Jewish dietary laws we had to pass. Our dinner was a meat meal and M&Ms are dairy and you cannot mix the two.

Have a Happy Thursday all!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #68  

Well I talked with my daughter and she has vetoed the candy buffet table idea. Her future husbands dad is a dentist and she said he would croak!! LOL i joked and said she could pass out toothbrushes in her wedding color.LOL

Today is the 1st day in 19 yrs I didnt have a kid going to school in our school system...Its kinda a sad day for me..hubby said we should rejoice that we got them all thru !!
Catherine_ I cant wait for TOm to come this time...even turning over hurts..my boobs are so sore...LOL I think mid 40s on are a horrible time...lol mom said memapause was a blessing after what she went thru the 8 yrs before it!lol
Old 08-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #69  

Hrm.. I would think that all the Himselfs of the world would monitor when TOM was arriving and find other things to do out of the way!! Men just don't think that way, do they? Do they know how close they come to death on a monthly basis???

In Luv and Homicide ,
Rat

Last edited by Ratkitten; 08-07-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Bumblebee, glad to hear your on the mend!. All those things happening at one time would get anyone down. Take care in that heat, that's really hot!

Julee, congrats on the 2.6lbs down!!
Which designer do you like on Project Runway? I sorta like the guy that has the two kids. The one that got mad at the other guy for taking his sewing machine. I'm terrible with names.

Catherine, all in all, I know this is a good move for my son. He'll get to do things and see things most people don't. He'll get to pick a career path that he doesn't have the opportunity for in the civilian world. I just get the feeling he's being pushed into it and that's what scares me for him. (He's a people pleaser, and would do anything for anybody if it made them happy.) Don't forget we're dealing with the in-laws who would disown their own daughter if she didn't go in for the lapband surgery, (did this last July and she still hasn't lost any weight) told her to wear a tent for her wedding gown, etc. etc. I guess I'm not explaining myself very well here. I really do want the best for him, and if HE REALLY WANTS to go in, and not being told it's the best thing for him right now, that's fine with me and I'll be super proud of him and I'll know it's what he wants. Thanks for telling me about your foster son though. Tell him thank you for serving our country.
I hear ya on the menopause not being worse than those awful cranky days!!

SuomiSara, I hope you have a great trip to the UK to see your family. It's hard when the whole family can't go. You'll look fantastic when you go back for New Years! Stay positive and don't let the blips getcha down.

Bernice, good luck at the dentist!

Megawatt and welcome back

Debi, hmm...a candy buffet...I know I would be in heaven. When my brother got married, they had a dessert buffet. Different pies and cakes. It was interesting since I'd never been to one like that.

Ratkity, so true, so true.

I got to pick lots of carrots, radishes, lettuce and green beans out of the garden. I gave them to my parents because they haven't really had anything out of the garden so far. My Dad just laughs at me and tells me I should of been a farmer and wants me to buy a straw hat. My tomato plant is finally getting some flowers on it so we'll have some fresh tomatoes soon. The cabbage and the peppers, well, they just aren't doing what they are suppose to. The cabbage leaves haven't formed into a ball yet, they just come out and up, and the pepper plant is small. I don't think it got hot enough until now for the pepper plant to grow. Hopefully next year will be better planned out.
Still OP pretty much although I did have some cake yesterday when the kids were over.
Have a great day!
Debbie
Old 08-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #71  

lost a little water weight gain need to lose a couple more though!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #72  
Forget failed attempts...

S/C/G: 314/308/140

Just got back from WW meeting...down 5 pounds this week!

I was a bit discouraged last week when I only lost 1, but right around that time my body stopped holding on to all the water I was drinking and I started running to the bathroom about 9 times a day! I have been really good all week so I know I earned it, and it's just the motivation I NEEDED to keep going!

I have to get to work; everyone have a fabulous day, I'll probably be back on later tonight.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #73  
Forget failed attempts...

S/C/G: 314/308/140

Oh yeah, speaking of wedding sweets...we are buying a bunch of Chinese take-out boxes (in dk. brown, our main color) and filling them with homemade cookies. I have a friend who is doing a candy buffet, as well...she has different sized/shaped apothecary jars and is putting Jelly Bellies in her colors (those are her fave candy), one color per jar. I think it will be cute!
Old 08-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #74  
742,000 calories burned

Debbie-even while your son isn't down to the weight he needs to be, he can still do delayed entry, and go to meetings. There's no real obligation from doing delayed entry. You can drop out whenever you want to. They are kind of like a boy scout meeting, but he'll learn a lot of stuff ahead of time that they have to learn in boot camp, and that will give him a head start. Plus if he finishes all the classes, it earns him an extra stripe after bootcamp. My dad once said medals are nice, but stripes you can spend. It will also give him a chance to see if he really wants to do it. If it isn't something he really wants deep down, he'll find out quick, and he probably just won't lose the weight.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #75  

monca_ GREAT JOB!! I knew it would pay off!! It always does!! that is one thing about dieting and exercise it always works..even if its slow at times!!
Im not sure yet what she will do as far as favors go..we are jsut trying to get a few ideas in our heads and try to get an idea of what kind of budget we need to set. When is your wedding???
Closed Thread