Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default 300 + Weekly Thread # 1184

WELCOME!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:25 AM   #2  

Good Morning all,

I don't have time to post right now but I will be back later. I had a great time with my family. Unfortunately cold is in my chest now but I'm home and heading out to work. Have a wonderful day all.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 11-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

annie_ wow girl great weight loss !! way to get out of the 230s! I barely made it out of them.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #4  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Annie, you are amazing! You are almost there, I am so proud of you.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:42 PM   #5  

Whew. I finally caught up with the other thread. lol.

Catherine: First I want to tell you how impressed and proud I am of you for going out with the girls. How did it go? Thanks for the reminder of not having as much insulation as I used to have. lol. I was cold the whole time. No snow except on the mountains though.

Brandnewme: I think you are doing fantastic. One day at a time hun.

Bernice: What kind of jewelry are you doing? I hope you are a smashing success at it.

Sharon: Hi there, glad to see you back. No horse back riding. My dad sold all of his horses and cows. He only has his doggie and cat left. He did give me 2 more huge boxes of tack. I guess I have enough tack, horse meds and supplies to start my own stable. I just need the horses now. lol. Glad that you got your doggie back.

Carol: Isn't it amazing when we think we have overcome those old behaviors that try to sneak their way back into our life? I'm proud of you for recognizing those sneaky old ways and nipping it in the bud. Hugs.

Fixingit: Welcome. All the people here are so sweet and supportive. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. I think that your goal of walking your doggies is a good one. I went through the same thing as you. Just walking the dogs was a big deal to me too. Hugs.

Debbie: I hope that Jim's sleep study can help with his snoring problem. I hope you get a Wii Fit soon too. I just put one on layawy for reching me last goal.

Debi: Glad that you had such a nice time with your family. Woo hoo for being out of the 230's! We did it! Sorry your dh is having a struggle right now with depression too. Hugs.

Cyn: Explain slumber party sales please? It sounds interesting.

Toni: Woo hoo and congrats at loosing another 2 pounds. You are almost at your 100 pound goal and I am so proud of you! Thanks for the sweet compliments.

Mimi2: Great job lifting weights.

Angie: I totally hear ya on the size 24 pants. You got them on Girl!!! Woo hoo and way to go. Congrats on reaching your 50 pound goal!

Mimi: That stuff is what gets to us. lol. I work on my "stuff" daily and I even go to weight loss support group every Tuesday evening to work on "Stuff". Hugs to you.

Purpleorc: What a wonderful NSV for the bonfire and not over doing the food there. Great job.

I updated my exercise minutes for the month so far and I have reported my Biggest looser weigh in for last week's weight and now I just need to change my ticker to set my next goal. I want to set it at 210. That will be 300 pounds lost for me.

I had a great time with my family except for my chest cold that got worse and worse. lol. My Aunt from CA decided not to come up here but to go back home this coming Wednesday from Boise. She kept telling me how beautiful I look and each time she told me she thought I have always been beautiful. She was so sweet. My Uncle, Mom and Dad were all amazed at how different I look since they last saw me in March. They are all so proud of me and it made me feel great.

My Dr.'s office had someone call me and wants to have me be in their commercial for weight loss surgery. When I called them back he said he will be setting up a photo shoot soon. I will let you all know about it when I find out more. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie

Last edited by dogpal; 11-10-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #6  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-I was mostly worried for your dear hubby. I mean in a Donner Pass situation, you wouldn't provide much sustenance. My afternoon with my best friends here was great. My great epiphany was that we are all nervous when someone new comes into our homes for the first time. I'm not the only one who worries if it is clean enough, or if the lunch is going to be okay. I've spent so much of my life worried that I don't measure up to my mom's vision. I mean when you have a Martha Stewart type mom (and I'm not exaggerating), how can you ever hope to measure up and still leave the house now and then to do other things.

I'm supposed to be busy on my term paper. I've had to ask for rides to school for the rest of the semester. I hate asking anyone for help, but they are doing construction on the highway in front of the college. In fact a year from now a large off ramp is going to be going right through where our chapel now stands. The whole place is moving to a better spot for me actually, but in the meantime, the bus stop is closed. I had to walk over a mile, on an unprotected highway shoulder to the next one, and sat on a concrete highway divider until the bus came. I can't do that again, especially once it snows, I'll be dealing with drifts. So, I asked for help. I get a ride in to school, and a ride to the nearest protected bus stop on the way home. My pride is severely damaged, but better that than my legs.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #7  

Catherine: I packed him lots of snacks. lol. I think that you may just have blessed the person you got a ride from! Now, go do your homework you.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 11-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 328/322.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi all!

New here, well this time. Was on her years ago and loved it. I'm hoping to get that same encouragement this time!!

Annie - I am absolutely amazed at your weightloss! You look fantastic!

I hope to get to know you all very well. You seem like a great bunch! My absolute hardest time is at night, I want to snack. I seem to hold it together during the day but once dinner is done, homework, bathes, and the kids are in bed my stomach starts yelling at me. I'm "hoping" to hop on the treadmill while watching tv instead of putting food in my mouth. So for the most part I will be posting at night.

Christy
Old 11-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Annie, how exciting!! You're out of the 230s!!! And now you're going to be a movie star!!! I gotta come and get your autograph before you forget about all us little people!! Honestly, you're doing sucha fantastic job.

Debi, how's hubby doing? I hope he simmers down soon for all your sakes. Must be hard on all of you.

Catherine, sorry they closed your busstop. It's hard to ask for help but sometimes that's just what ya gotta do. Don't let it get to you. It might end up being a good thing!

Hi Christy, glad you joined us and I look forward to getting to know you. Awesome bunch of gals here! Nighttime is my hardest time too and just want to sit and eat. We can overcome this though. We've both done it before!

As for me, just been busy making beads and filling orders. I still haven't gotten my new Etsy store open yet but will soon. I'm calling it Eye Candy because it's going to be jewelry. Can't wait! I've already started making some earrings.
Weight loss on the other had has suffered for it. I'm always looking for quick things to make so I can get back to making things and I'm not even getting my water in. So I've sorta fallen to the wayside. You probably all could tell that from my lack of posting here. I'm not going to say I'm going to start tomorrow because tomorrow never comes....but I will commit again soon. Right now I think I will just try and maintain for a bit.
toodles
Debbie
Old 11-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #10  
742,000 calories burned

Christy, I've found that what I eat during the day makes all the difference when it comes to nighttime hunger. If I've gotten my calories in, right amount, and right proportions, I just don't have the hunger. I do things at night to keep myself occupied. Boredom is a killer. If all else fails, I just go to bed.

Annie-BLLLLLLLLLRRRRRRRPPPPP. I don't wanna do my homework, and you can't make me. I got a new yo-yo today, so I've been busy with other things. Going to play a round of disc golf tomorrow, cause we don't have snow yet. After that, I will knuckle down. I promise.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #11  
742,000 calories burned

Debbie-we must have been posting at the same time. What I've done since I'm so busy now, is I braised 20 lbs. of chicken breast last week. Basically cookie sheet, spray of canola, and some water. Throw in the oven, when done, I let it cool, then I cut into bite sizes, and measure a portion in each zip lock baggie, and throw in the freezer. When I come home, I put a bunch of frozen veggies (Italian mix this week) on a plate, chicken on top, in the microwave. It's done before I get the mail and stuff gone through. I keep a collection of different sauces to put on top for variety. Yesterday it was Damascus pomegranate. The day before it was Kashmir tandoori. Just enough, on the top where you get the biggest bang for the buck.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Annie - look at you girlfriend. I think the plateau is broke. Glad you enjoyed your visit and are home safely. Hugs back at ya.

Catherine - I'm glad you found alternate transportation - doesn't sound so safe since the construction started. Enjoy your disc gold - been to the pool lately?

Christy - welcome - there is so much support here. I look forward to getting to know you - keep posting.

Toni - how's your week going?

Debbie - need a hand up? Grab hold - you've done it for me before.

Debi - Hiya!

Things are going well here - I think I am getting a little more used to the time change. My dad is getting "old" very quickly. He is 84 and quite suddenly is not as sharp as a month ago, not quite as mobile, and a few other things. He didn't recognize his neighbors of over 40 years last week at the polls. I've been spending quite a bit of time stewing over all of this and trying to appreciate him every day.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 11-11-2008, 07:01 AM   #13  

Good morning,
catherine- you better enjoy your golf before the snow comes..and do me a big favor keep it up there when it does,...im not ready for winter yet!!

carol- its hard watching our parents age. Try to enjoy him as much as you can now. I have found it takes more patience dealing with them as they age.

Debbie_ put your water nearby as you work on the beads. WE are here for you when your ready to jump back on the wagon!

mom- welcome back glad to have you. Tell us all about yourself.

annie- We will have a famous person amoungst us! I am so proud of you honey!! You look amazing and to top that off your such a sweetie!!

toni- how are you doing?

has anyone ever added a sugarfree hot choc mix to your coffee...its so good, nice for a different flavor.
I made a homemade chicken pot pie last night...yummy...need to work on making it lighter next time by using just a top crust and using frozen veggies instead of canned to cut sodium. I also will use the healthy cream of chicken soup..hubby got the real kind . It was a good hot meal on a cold rainy night. We had company and ate about 2 hours later than normal ...i ate to much because i got to hungry i think. My youngest daughter made 4 pumpkin rolls and i didnt eat any of it. Chilli may be on the menu for tonight..or maybe just baked porkchops and veggies.
hugs to all

Last edited by dgramie; 11-11-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #14  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the inquiries, I am doing well this week. I am without a truck for a few days so I have an opportunity to walk on all my errands. I couldn't have done it last year or even six months ago so I know I am doing better. I was gone for an hour and a half yesterday on foot. I wasn't moving nonstop but I sure was ready for a nap when I got home. Luckily the P.O. is closed for Veteran's Day so I don't have to go there and mail my order I got overnight. I don't even have to go to the store if I can get potatoes from the basement. Sounds like everyone else is doing well also.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:14 AM   #15  

i wonder if UPS runs today?? My daughters bridesmaid dresses are scheduled to be delivered today!
She has kinda put wedding plans on hold while she finishes her final semester of college. I really need to do some housework today but its a rainy gloomy day and i dont clean well when its gloomy.
Closed Thread