Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #121  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Carol....there are a few places here that specialize in customized athletic shoes for either hard core people or people whoa re very hard to fit. They watch you stand, walk and run and they then can take a brand of show that exists and have it made to your specs as far as length, width, arches, etc. It takes about 2 hours for the fitting and you pay a pretty penny...but I know that for some people it is totally worth it.

My car seems to think that it is 108 degrees outside..so we are inside with the lights out and the AC on. I have a program for work tonight...we're taking the kids to a Beatles laser light show. There is a small place that does them and we rented it out for the night which should be fun...and cool (literally). This is the same company that did them at the local obervatory till it closed down for renovations.

Nothing much else to report really...bought 2 pairs of pants at target yesterday on clearance for $6.50 a pair. I didn't borhte to try them on there because I figured for $6.50...whatever happens. So they ALMOST fit...I figure another 5 lbs and no problem..so they are now up on the top shelf. The good news is tried on the dress I want to wear to the synagogue gala in a few weeks and it still fits and will definately have to have the straps taken up. We shall see if it needs anything else done to it. Now I just have to find the time to go in and have it done. Gala is on June 1. I love the dress because it is pretty...and it was only $30...so it's good all around.

Catherine...I got so excited today. DH was coming in with the mail and he was carrying an envelope that looked the size of a book...I was hoping it was from you. Sadly it was for him...boo hiss.

I'm off to find ways to stay cool and hydrated. UGH.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #122  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Julee-I haven't gotten my box to sign yet, so it may be at least a week before they get in the mail. I've never been this nervous waiting for anything in my life.

Rat-Yes, the big bodyguard I'm married to makes me check out strange noises in the middle of the night.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:02 PM   #123  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good evening all,

Boy do I hurt from yesterday, but it's a good hurt.

I did the complete waste of a morning errands this morning. Two grocery stores, Costco, and back to the shoe store after unloading the groceries. Then as I was starting to cook the liquor store called, my Pisco was in. If I haven't mentioned it before it's a South American Brandy that I use to make Pisco Sours (water, key lime juice, splenda, and Pisco). They stopped selling it a couple of years back so we've used other substitutes, but nothing is quite the same. I was online the other night checking for something else and saw they had it, just not in our city. With gas being the price it is I thought I'd see if they would order it in. The guy took all the info and said someone would call me. I figured they would call to tell me they could get it, but this morning it was in. So this afternoon I had a drink with my afternoon snack. Come to think of it, likely the only drink I've had since New Years Eve. It's just a wonderful refreshing summer drink. I'm having friends over for dinner on Wed, so we'll have a nice light drink for all (or wine if they prefer).

I'm also trying to replace my soup / lunch meat combo with something else for the summer. The soups have been good, but just looking for a change. I'm also thinking that the lunch meats are just not the best choice (even though they're low fat). So I made turkey/pork mini meatloaves this afternoon (3/4 turkey really) with chili powder, cumin, and salsa, with eggs to bind them. I've cooked them off and I'll freeze them, reheating with a little salsa. Also I've got two roasts in the crock pot which I'll slice up tomorrow and reduce the liquid. All told I'll have 34 lunches when I'm done. Although I'm still looking for a third option that will go with the roasted veggies I'll make as a side. Busy, busy, busy (but hey, it's not bad for almost 5 weeks worth of lunches).

I did manage to get my 60 mins of walking in during the afternoon, but my heart definitely wasn’t in it. I could have just as easily skipped it, but I didn’t. I suspect tomorrow we’ll end up going to the neighbours, so for the moment I’ve planned lower cal meals until dinner and then I’ll just do my best.

Kayleystar - I know you likely know this but no way 800 calories is enough. I suspect, even though you didn't say it, and may not even realise it, but you're probably thinking this will make up for what you eat on the weekend. What you may have done though is make it harder for you to control yourself. Anyway, hope you end up having a good time.

Carol - I did add a couple of pictures to it this morning. My real problem is that I have a bunch of things that are starting to get too big, and others that just don't quite fit yet. In the late summer (before school) I will go through things again and likely take in some of my tops. On the kiwis - I do think you might need to mail order them. I actually lucked into them here, but at this house they grow poorly. The last house they grew well. It's funny, but the original plants came from Sears (this would be 20 years ago). I haven't seen them here at all in the garden centers. Have fun digging in the dirt. I was very good and avoided Costco's garden center today... I was so tempted. I will buy no plants until Tuesday! I love the local Running Room. They don't do the high tech video, but they will have you roll up your pant legs and walk in your sock feet. I bought myself a new pair today, and although I knew what I wanted, they still had me try a few more pairs on first. They do walk and run clinics, which I might look into next year.

Debi - I think it's the horrible winter we had, but I'm actually enjoying the digging in the dirt this year. I think like you with the carpets, I'm maybe just a little more fit, and that helps.

Penny - that's a good tip (I'll have to get some V8). I'm usually pretty good when making things. I might taste meals for seasonings, but I'm pretty restrained. I've been convinced to put in a zucchini plant, so I see zucchini cake in my future. I'll make it for her, but I'm not eating any (she can give most of it away).

Vicki - yes, sometimes you have to lay down the law. Hope the comedian is a good one. Enjoy.

Ratkitten - I figure I have at least until next weekend (when I hope to have the planting done), and then I really do plan to sit on the patio and listen to my audiobooks for a little while. Watering daily will just be a nice chore. Our one cat is quite fascinated by squirrels, but his bigger brother is just a touch afraid of them. They're indoor cats that are allowed out on the patio with company. They are quite funny since if you go inside for something and stay more than about 5 minutes they will come back inside. The more they spend time in the yard though, the less the squirrels come, so that's a good thing. Although I do think they're cute, they are little buggers for digging up the pots.

Cyn - as Ratkitten said, there are so many ways you can get viruses. Once you have one they do tend to multiply. Do hope that your problem is solved.

BattleAx - good luck with the new job, and you're right, you want to watch that internet use, especially at a new job. I do hope you're enjoying yourself, even if busy.

Catherine -
hope you have a good May 2 4 weekend. I'm assuming you've been in Canada long enough to know the unofficial name of Victoria Day weekend. For those that don't it refers to the two-fours of beer (cases) that people usually pick up. I'm not a beer drinker, but I still tend to call it that. May 24th was Queen Victoria's birthday, celebrated now on the Monday before May 25th. Strange isn't it, since technically May 24th falls on next weekend.

Julee - although I don't need specialty shoes, the one thing I've found is that a really good pair of shoes is so worth the money. I've had cheaper shoes, but there really is such a difference. I suspect that there are some cheaper shoes that would do, but finding them is the hard part.

Well, I think that's me for the night. I've already got my little turkey loaves in the freezer, and the crockpot is off. Although there was a lot of cooking done today, it didn't really take much time. I'll figure out a third option next week (as I still have some soups and lunch meat to finish up). Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:43 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Julia: Congrats on reaching your birthday goal!

Anne: Thanks for the kind words about me finding a job. I hope you are right. I am praying for patients and that I will trust God more and not be so freaked out about money that I take just any old thing. Hope you had a great time at your neighbor's house.

Carol: Sorry that you got sick. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs. Glad you got all your yard work done. I hope your pool warms up asap for you.

Debi: Woo hoo and congrats on another -2.4 pounds. You are doing soooo well. Hugs on the carpets too. Great minds think alike because we cleaned our carpets today too. They were soooo icky. lol. They look like 90% better. Still letting them dry.

Penny: Sounds like you got a wonderful gym to go so far to pick it up. I hope you love it. Good job knowing what to do when frosting a cake. I'll have to remember that if I ever decide to taste stuff.

Vicki: Is your boyfriend's buddy still there with you? I hope he split.

Rat: I did yard work today too.

I have had an extremely busy day but soooo nice. What a difference between this year and last year at this time. Last year at this time I weighed 460 pounds and could barely walk around. Today. I got up at 7 and went to Curves, went and rented a carpet cleaner came home and watched DH clean the carpets in our rooms. He is so protective of me doing anything he thinks may be hard work. lol. After that took carpet cleaner back and came home and mowed front yard and back. Sprayed for weeds. Gave doggies a much needed bath. Took a shower and went to Costco. Came home had dinner and planted our tiny little garden. We also bought chicken wire and some stakes to keep doggies out of garden because they think it is a wonderful place to cool off in once it is wet. We planted 6 tomato plants (cause thats how many came in the package), some lemon cucumbers, 2 zuchini plants and 2 yellow crook neck squash plants. It was such a lovely outside day. I got to sit and water my new garden slowly and pray and just enjoy the day and be thankful to God for my new different lifestyle.

Thanks to all of you special ladies that have helped to support and encourage me. You are all such dear sweet friends to me and I don't know what I would do without you. Hugs, Hugs, hugs.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 05-17-2008, 11:50 PM   #125  

Oops, I took so long with the post up that I missed a few people.

Battle: Good luck to you on your new job sweetie. Hang in there. Change stinks for most of us. Hugs and have a great vacation. I'll miss you when you are not here and I'll be thinking about you.

Carol: Let me know how the shoes work out. I have been thinking about going to get some walking tennis from a place here like that.

Catherin: Hugs on the attention. I know how you feel you hang in there too. How do you like the new sofas? What did you end up doing with your old stuff?

Julee: Yippee for new pants! Especailly at that price. I spoke to my sisters down in Cypress and they said it was very hot. One of them was in the pool enjoying it. Heck If I lived there with a pool in my back yard, well, I'd be in it constantly. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 05-18-2008, 09:49 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Good Morning Peeps - it is a beautiful day as I am drinking my coffee in bright sunshine listening to the birds. We have a group of cardinals that have a magnificent song. In addition to taking time to smell the flowers you have to take time to listen to the birds.

Debi and Annie - I want clean carpets! I'm only working Monday and Tuesday this week so you may have inspired me to do just that.

Debbie - are you off this weekend - will you have a regular schedule? I would have a bad time standing as long as cashiers do.

Julee - I'm hoping the shoes work well. They were no more expensive than what I have been used to buying at Kohls of Penney's. You got some great deals on your pants - I need to start shopping clearance racks a bit - I love Target too.

The pups are too quiet better go see what they're in to.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #127  
742,000 calories burned

Annie-The chair went to the dumpster. It had done it's duty. The sofa is on the patio. Himself said that he wanted everyone to know that a Southern red neck lives here. I don't know what he's talking about. Growing up we might have had a few old taken apart cars in the back yard, but we never had an old couch on the porch. He and his buddies are sitting out there waving at the neighbors as they come out. He's going to cover it with an orange tarp to keep the snow off it. Ever since he had alligator chili for the superbowl party, he's been discovering his hillbilly soul.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #128  

Height: 5'7"

GOod Sunday morning,
We have a beautiful sunny day here!! HOpefully it will stay that way.
After church today Im tackling my dinning room. I need to deep clean it just like the living room...baseboard and wash wall down. I also need to wash down my chairs. 3 two year olds can really get chairs yucky.

Anne_ your lunches sounds wonderful. I found a oscar myer snack to go (lunchable ) that make a nice lite lunch with a peice of fruit. I think i will enjoy them for 340 calories.

Annie_ dont clean carpets look great. We had a windy day here and i opened windows and the carpet was dry by evening. I may tackle the couch today if i get time.

battle- good luck with the new job and we will miss you here and will be waiting to hear from you when you get time.

Carol_ I know you will enjoy having a few extra days off. I was hoping to have tuesday off...but one mom needs me. Its election day in KY. I will really have to kick into high gear to get everything done before daughters graduation party.
Looks like we will have about 35 people here. I am getting excited.

Today at church is senior grad day. They will show pictures of the graduates thru their lifes. I know I will cry...i always get teary eyed and even when its not my kids.LOL
I feel pretty today...I am wearing some size 20 dress pants( i got back in feb for 3 bucks) and a shirt that i had from a few years back. I also hit a clearance sale back before christmas at fasionbug and got some sandals for 1.98 a pair. I thnk i got about 5 pair in all different colors. They were reg 39 dollars each. I promise pictures next weekend.
have an awesome sunday
debi
Old 05-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #129  

Hi all,

Carol: You should clean your carpets if you have a chance. It sure makes the whole house look cleaner. lol.

Catherine: You make me smile. Your DH sounds like such a cutie. Are you going to keep the sofa on the porch for a while? I think If I put a comfy chair or sofa in the garage I may never see my hubby again. He has a TV and stereo out there as it is. lol.

Debi: Yep. I love the carpets being cleaned. Hope you get your dining room done today. I bet you do look pretty in your new outfit.

Well, I finally have TOM here and it is BAD! Oh well. At least it will be over with before Joel's parents come this next weekend. I didn't go to church today. Just feeling icky. Maybe will listen to the sermon on line. Hope you all have a wonderful day full of sunshine and smiles.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 05-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Well, I am HOME from Lansing! Got home about 2 hours ago. The shower went over VERY well, if I do say so myself. A few of the girls told me that they wanted me to come coordinate their showers! lol.

My cousin is coming over later on today, to do more photos. I've been practicing my photography with people, since I want to get better before I take my photography classes (it's my minor). I don't have an SLR camera yet, but hope to soon, so we're just using my point and shoot, but I've gotten some fantastic shots so far.

Okay, I hope you all had a great weekend! Sorry no time for personals this evening, but perhaps later on tonight when I get home.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:54 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Debi, I love it when the carpets are freshly shampooed. Just makes the whole house shine. You've been one busy lady getting all that done. The walls too??? WOW!!!

Ratkity/Bikerchick/Skatebabe, Yep, the weather here is nice too. It was almost 90 yesterday but it's cooler today. Glad you got out to do some work. Those silly dogs, tell them to leave the cute little squirrels alone!!

Hi Cyn, how was the gym? Hey, that rhymes!!

Annie, back atcha!

Carol, did you get to dig in the dirt? I sure did!! You're really getting into the execise and right equipment needed,aren't you?
That's one thing that I'm so afraid of is the standing all day. I still haven't been out by the registers yet. I'm suppose to shadow someone tomorrow so that should let me know if I can do it or not. I have a bad back, but it's gotten so much better with the weight loss, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be fine. Nope, don't have a regular schedule. I work from noon to 8pm tomorrow, Then 9-5, Thursday off, 6:30 am to 3:30 pm Friday and then all next weekend. The hours vary I guess. This was going to be the first year that Jim had off for the 4th of July, but now I will probably work, and also for our anniversary, it would of been the first time we got to spend it together, but I work from 6:30 - 3:30 that day too. Who knows if I'll feel like doing anything. O well.

Battleax, I can so relate to you on the new job and trying to find a way to deal with the new schedule and eating. It's been so hard and my little weight gain showed it to be true. Jim and I are going to make healthy meals ahead of time and freeze them. I hope that works. I just can't get up in the morning and eat or even think about eating. It usually takes me a good hour before I feel like it, so let's just say the meals I took to work, well they weren't the best.
It is silly how they reward us with food. You would think they could think of something better but it's easy cheap and feeds alot of people for a little bit of money.

I finally got my veggies in the ground today. I'm sure they are going to thrive like crazy. We are expecting rain again the next two days so that will help too. Nothing like clean fresh water from the skies. Also we have flood warnings. The weather got so hot so fast, it's melting all the snow really fast. We are about a mile from the river, and they say it's never flooded past Hoehn road, so we should be fine. It's weird to go down to the river and watch it coming down the streets though. They are thinking of moving one whole town because it usually floods every year. That should be interesting. I started weeding the one big garden too. It's got these prickly weeds in it that hurt when you grab em wrong. Hopefully I can get back out there later and get it all done. It seems when I finally get to the last one and cleaned out, then the one I started with first has got weeds again. Never ending!!
Have a wonderful Sunday
Debbie
Old 05-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #132  

Height: 5'7"

Got the dinning room done today after church. Kitchen will be on tuesday along with the bathroom. I still have to wash down all the walls and baseboard on the staircase and back landing. Dining room is sparkling.
Hubby is out putting a new flag up. Now if I just had the outside painted .

Oh excititng news.......I was looking at my tomato plants a few min ago and saw tiny grape tomatoes on them. I mean tiny !! I got so excited!!I think all 16 plants have blooms now.

well time to cook dinner bbl
Old 05-18-2008, 06:27 PM   #133  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

ok so I'm home!!!! phew 15hour drive ended up being 11hours! thank goodness for a radar detector!!! LOL

We got to my oldest son's apt (where we left my car) around 11:30pm last night.......slept there and drove home (1 hour north) around 11:30 this morning. I've been uploading and editing pictures for a couple of hours!!! LOL hopefully I will have them ready to post or at least link to them in a little while!

It was awesome to see my son but even more amazing to see his graduation! He is still my baby boy........but he looks so OLD!

We got to really know his girlfriend and have found out that I think this maybe the "one" for him. He has not asked her the question yet........but they have discussed their future together. She is an awesome girl so we couldn't be happier.......If they can make it through his trianing being away and no contact then they can make it through just about anything LOL!

Ok here is a link to a slideshow not sure if it will post here or if it will just show the link.

Bernice

Last edited by DMPLS; 05-18-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: adding pics
Old 05-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I forgot to add...to Anne - The day I ate 800 calories, I mentioned that I hadn't done it intentionally. I just really never thought about it in the evening; and by the time I thought about eating, I was going to bed. I don't eat light to 'make up' for what I eat on the weekends. I already knew what I was going to 'allow' myself to eat, and I stuck to it. I try and get 1,500-2,000 cals a day, and I normally do, I was just SO busy on Friday that I wasn't hungry, and never thought about it.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:20 PM   #135  
742,000 calories burned

Annie-the couch may be there awhile. They were sitting out there in a rain storm this morning. There is just enough space that the overhang prevents rain from hitting them while they sit there. If he had a TV out there, he'd never come in the house.
Closed Thread