300+ Weekly thread #1158 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 10:32 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ Weekly thread #1158

WELCOME

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #2  

I hope I did that right!!!
WEll I hope everyone had a good weekend.
I had a great mothers day!!I ate way to much food. I made chicken enchalidas and they were awesome !! I counted up the calories and they have about 500 each. Not to mention the beans and rice and chips and salsa and taco cheese ball my daughter in law made. I had indigestion all night long.I use to keep indigestion...i sure dont miss not having it!! I slept like a baby the very first night I dieted. I enjoyed my meal but it sure wasnt worth it or the 3 extra pounds my scales showed this morning. I know it was all salty and the extra weight will be gone in a few days.
My son and his wife went to church with me and got me a pampered chef collapsable bowl. and a grandma bracelet. They are having the ultra sound on wed so maybe we will be able to find out what its going to be. NOT that it really matters!!! Oldest daughter got me a pair of new balance walking shoes. Youngest got me a new night gown. Hubby got me his usual hanging baskets(3) and bedding plants. I think I enjoyed having all 3 kids home at the same time more than anything!!

Hubby still has a rash and i am calling his dr this morning. I am afarid its the new med. Guess I will just see what the dr says to do.

I only have the boys this week during the day and am able to do some housework plus a little walking around the block. ITs to wet to take them to the playground today.
I am behind in putting away laundry...maybe i can get that done today while they nap.
I also need to get outside and retie up my tomatoe plants the wind was horrible here yesterday.Mom said the cold weather we had yesterday was blackberrie winter. I guess that should be the end of winter for us.....just hope it doesnt go straight into hot summer!!!
I am to far behind to catch up on personal. Glad to see everyone and have a great week.
debi
Old 05-12-2008, 11:11 AM   #3  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Everyday brings a new Epiphany it seems. I have shoe issues. I told my husband when we were first engaged that I was high maintenance when it comes to shoes. I have very large, yet very narrow feet with high arches. I get plantars really bad at times, so I have to change shoes every 3 months or so, and also can only buy certain kinds of shoes. I put on some summer shoes from last year that should have had a month or so left in them, and they were too small. Quite irritating. When I first started losing weight, I was a 13, and then went down to an 11. Then when I started walking they went up to 12. Now, I'm buying men's 10.5's in order for them to be comfortable, but they seem so big. You know how you put your thumb down to see where your big toe is? I realized this morning, that doesn't work for me. My second and third toes are actually longer than my big toe. If I buy for my big toe, they end up being to small in the long run, but in the store they seem okay, because my toes kind of curl and hide until I spend a long time on them. My toes are like my fingers, very long and skinny. If I ever lose my toes to frost bite, I'd probably take an 8 or 9 shoe. They are so long that I can hold a pencil and write with them. I can write left handed with my left foot better than I can with my left hand. What really freaks my husband out is that I can snap my toes like you would snap your fingers to get someone's attention. So I guess getting angry at myself for buying the wrong size is useless. I just need to buy big to give my talented toes the room they deserve. Besides, anything I can't wear, he can. I can wear his shirts, so it only seems fair. I do draw the line at sharing underwear. I have to wash those things, so there's no way I'm going to wear them.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #4  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Catherine - I love you! Since I have been here so much of what you say makes me feel better, laugh and have a good time! Thanks!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #5  

Wow! Those are some talented toes!! Mine are short and stubby. LOL

Thanks for the invite DebiMitch! I need all the support I can get and I totally pigged out yesterday as well with T-bone steak, baked potatoes, salad, crab dip, garlic bread, chicken nuggets, buttermilk cornbread, crowder peas and onions, and a honey Bun for a late snack...

But, I'm right back to work on SBD, Phase 1 today...I'm doing SBD half of the week and low fat/cal counting the rest of the week and I use Alli as well. I didn't show a weight gain this morning, and I don't think that I totally messed up, but I sure as heck didn't lose any weight this weekend. So--this week I'll lose!!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Jeanne: Hi hon. Glad to see you back. How are things?

Bernice: I am currently going to Curves 3 times a week for a month long Free Study. The study is free membership to Curves for a month and they weigh and measure you at the beginning and end. I do enjoy it is all women there and I work very hard on the machines. I am noticing that when I really work the machines I can feel that I worked my muscles afterward. I don't know if I am going to continue after the free month or not yet until I see the results of the measurments and weight loss. I hope you enjoy your time there. So far everyone is very nice. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your kids and DH on Mother's Day. I was in a size 12 for a long time at 510 pounds but as my weight has come down so has my shoe size. Prior to gaining all of the weight I was in anywhere from a 9-10 and 1/2. Right now a 10 usually fits me perfectly. I just got some Curves Flip Flops. I walked around in them in the house for a tiny little while yesterday and I don't know if it was in my head or they actually felt like they were working out my calves. lol.

Sandy: Welcome Back. Jump in whenever you feel like you want to . All the ladies here are real Gems!

Debbie: Glad that you enjoyed the movie. I am normaly in a size 10. I had forgot when I placed my Avon order that I got some Curves fit flops. I was happy to have them and they seem like they work. They are size 10 and fit perfectly. Guess what, It is supposed to warm up big time by Wednesday!!! So happy that your Son and DIL came and honered you yesterday. Hugs.

Kayley: Hugs to you. You are doing so well and just try your best at the weight. Don't put too much pressure on yourself though hun. So happy to see you back.

Carol: Glad that you had a good day yesterday. You sure deserve it! I played in the dirt too. lol.

Julia: Huge Hugs to you. Maybe you both could go to counseling as well as your DH doing some on his own. So sorry that your day yesterday was a bad one. Hugs, Hugs, Hugs.

Catherine: I was laughing at your post about your toes. You could have been describing me! Well, except for the naroow feet. My toes are so long and my big toe is shorter then the rest too. My DH claims I can probably climb a tree with my toes as I can write with them and snap them too. lol. I can also Pinch like you wouldn't believe. lol. I'd be interested in seeing how far you can throw a frozen hot dog too. Just don't hit anyone with it. lol.

Debimitch: Glad that you had such a great Mother's Day!

Zelma: Hope your arm continues to heal well.

I miss you Ane, Nancy, Donna, Brandnewme, Sharon, Sandybar, Val, Ammi, All you ladies that are MIA! If you are lurking I miss you all.

I ended up not going to the movies. On Saturday we went to Costco just for gas in my DH truck then went to lunch. After lunch we went to Cold Creamery and I had some "Sinless" ice cream. Got home and got extremely ill from it. I spent some time sleeping on the hammock while DH finished our garden boxes. Yesterday we went to church then for a short ride. Again went out to lunch but I was more careful and didn't eat much of anything. We came and got our dogs intending on taking them with us to play tennis. We bought some tennis rackets at a yard sale a few weeks ago and thought we would give it a try. I went into Walmart to get some tennis balls while DH stayed with Dogs in truck. When I got out of Walmart it was storming so bad so we decided to take the dogs for a run in a field near our house. We drove over there and saw a tractor moving dirt around. DH asked him how much he would charge for dirt for our garden boxes. He said $6.00 for a truck load. Since we had the truck, we loaded it right then and came home and filled in the garden boxes. I am so excited and can't wait until this next weekend. WE are going to plant our garden!

Well, I need to get moving now. It is about 8:30 and I am still in jammies. Need to go to Curves today and to the gym.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 05-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Annie – Thanks so much. It’s hard not to stress out about it, since the dress doesn’t fit, but I’m trying to take it day-by-day, and just work my hardest to shed as many inches/pounds as possible before the beginning of July, when I’ll need to take the dress in to be altered. And WOW!! Since I’ve been on here, you’ve lost so much!!! You are truly amazing!

Zelma – I have definitely missed you! So good to see you still posting here, as you’ve been such an inspiration to me along the way (and back…lol); I’m hoping to talk to a seamstress this week, to see if something will be able to be done with the dress. I won’t be taking it in until July, so HOPEFULLY I can lose 6 more inches by then, so it won’t be SUCH an undertaking for the seamstress! As hard as it may be, I promise pictures. Lol.

Just checking in between my morning & afternoon routes. I had a mid-day, so not much time in between them as usual. (I work at a private transportation company; We transport children with disabilities mostly, but I transport teenagers with….behavioral problems, I’ll call it! Lol. They are mostly all on probation, etc So, I take them to school each morning (I drive a van), and then home in the afternoon, but I volunteer for field trips throughout the week as well. We’re going to the Zoo on Wednesday. Heh.
Have a GREAT day everyone!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #8  

kayley- do you have a minitrampoline?? I know when i use mine daily the inches just fall off. I should be using it right now!! It really does work great and it give me an all over workout. Good luck...and glad to have you here!!
Julia_ hugs my friend!!!
annie_ sorry eating made you sick...........i know i was miserable yesterday after eating...Its just not worth it!!
catherine_ i have short stubby feet...my oldest daughter has long toes and she has broke everyone at some point in time and a few of them many times . My youngest has my feet and she calls them flintstone feet.LOL
'
Old 05-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #9  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

debi-I have broken a few toes in my time too, including once when kicking a very naughty scale across the room

Annie-What's the fun of throwing them, if I can't hit them. It's my version of rolling drunks. They are just very large, very cold darts. Could be a new Olympic sport. We're going to have the winter Olympics in two years, so it could be a natural. Makes more sense than curling.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Bernice, you got that sooooooo right! It is just alot of clay. We went and got some really good dirt. It's Mushroom dirt! The trenches only did so much so I'm trying to figure out what to do still.
YaY on being so darn close to 40 pounds!!
Have a good day at work!

Debi, it sounds like you had a really lovely Mother's Day. And how nice that all your kid were there to celebrate with you. You got somre really nice gifts too. I had the same big meal pretty much as you, and also have a gain......and felt lousy after it. When will we ever learn? The only thing I think I did well on was portion control, but I still went over my calories.

Catherine, I hear ya on other toes sticking out longer than the big toe. It runs in my family. I'm in a size 11 also. I feel your pain.

Annie, what a nice day you had! You gotta take pics of the garden and the boxes when you get them done. Have fun at Curves and the gym.

Gonna get back to doing DDR. Seems it's the only exercise I really enjoy and it does work the whole body. I put it on the exercise part of it and it keeps track of the minutes that I'm actually moving. I speed thru the part where it tells you how well I did so I don't stop for that long of a time in between songs. That's how I got into exercising last time, so I guess stick with what works. I hope when I go to work, I can join this gym that is close to Walmart. Should hear something on that today.
toodles
Debbie
Old 05-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello All!
It's been a couple of days since I have been on here. Well weekend went long. We were supposed to have dance pics taken so I hurried off work and listened to the daughter not want to get her hair fixed. That was a joy!!! Then drive 1/2 to town to find out that two of the costumes didn't come in so they weren't going to take any of the pics. She is to be in 4 events! So a friend called and said if I come over she wanted to make lunch for me as she was hungry for some things her mom used to make. Her mom passed away suddenly about 6 months ago, and this girl used to date my son so we have always been friends. I told her I would come over as I was not in a happy mood. But since she has a son that is 2, my daughter could play with him and I would love to spend the day. She was so thoughtful she even got me a mother's day gift and card! So the day went well. Then Hubby asked what I wanted for Mother's day, and I said don't buy me anything I just wanted him to dote on me all day! Well, He gave me my gift on Saturday as he couldn't wait. It was a digital photo frame that holds 2000 pics. He thought Sunday would be too hectic a day and wanted me to enjoy it. So I loaded several pics on it Sat. evening. Sunday oldest son and girlfriend were supposed to come up and spend the day. Well Sunday came and we took the new dog to Obedience Training Class! I told the girls they were going too! One was excited the other one wasn't. That was enjoyable but after we got there they were better. Then the oldest son couldn't come because he was feeling ill and girlfriend had to work at 5. So I was glad that I hadn't cooked like I was going too. Army son called and so did his girlfriend. That was nice. Then home and hubby sat down to his computer most of the day and the girls and I played a game and yaked.

Julia -I did not get what I wanted from hubby either, but I will enjoy the frame! He has his moments when I get frustrated at him, but they pass. He travels with his work when not at home, so I try and make the most of the time he is home. I didn't fuss for not getting the doting, even though I really could have. But I just wanted you to know we all know your frustration and are here for you!

Bernice- what a handsome son you have!! Have a wonderful visit with him as I know you will. I miss mine but we talk on the phone often! He wants me to bring his car to Texas for him! I might just do that, I know I need a vacation.
Well, lost .2 lbs this week, but that is a loss!!! I thought I had gained. I am going to try really hard to do more next week.

Realist- I was going to suggest getting men's size. I ordered size 11 and if they don't fit me then maybe daughter. I wear a size 10-11 shoe depending on the style.

Busy week this week. I am going to find the house this week and busy about every evening. Mon-daughter dance, Tues-daughter tumbling & other daughter school concert, Wed-OPEN right now so I won't tell anyone, Thurs-dance rehearsal, Fri-dress rehearsal, Sat-Recital & bake graduation cake for friend, Sun-Graduation! I am gonig to try and hit the Y every night that I am in town, which will be all but Wed. Good luck to me! I have gotta get back on water too, didn't do good last week drinking it! Penny
Old 05-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #12  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow....so much has ben going on.

First..for all of you Moms....I want to wish you a Happy Mother's Day, albeit a day late. I am always impressed at how much you do for those in your life...I appreciate you.,...even if we haven't met yet.

Annie...the ColdStone "sinless" is SO NOT WORTH IT. I find it vile. DH likes it with blueberries. I think it's junk and it also tears up my stomach. I tried the sinless lemon ice once with strawberries and I almost heaved from the nasty fake sugar aftertaste.

WELL...MIL was truly on her best behavior yesterday...and it wasn't fake. The 4 of us had a lovely breakfast and it made me happy to see her eat what she wanted and not gripe about "her plan" the whole time. She does HOW and sometimes she is too neurotic for me to handle. Then she and I went to a lovely arts festival that happens every year on Mothers' Day at a local park. When we got there it was still foggy and chilly but within an hour it had burned off. We looked at a lot of lovely things...all manner of arts and crafts and some great jewelry. She bought ME a gorgeous goldstone bracelet which was a surprise (making up for my birthday maybe?? her way of apologizing??) and then I called DH and told her I really wanted to get her a neacklace she had gone back to look at 3 times. He said it was a good idea so we split the cost. So on the way out, she asked me to not take her by that vendor again because she wasn't going to be able to hold back from buying it...so I sped up a little bit and had it paid for before she caught up to me. She was really touched and it made for a great day. The weather was beautiful and we spent some time just sitting and watching people and dogs and soaking up the sunshine and fresh air.

I'm back to work today....same old stuff. I actually went out and bought a bathing suit the other day....ugh. But I need one for the summer....so it is what it is.

Catherine...I am impressed by the snapping your toes thing...kinda freaky...as I have a few issues with feet (and clowns...i'm nuts I know) but wow.

Too many late nights this week...and it's supposed to get up 99 by the end of the week. Nooooooo.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #13  

Height: 5'11"

It's been a long few days, but I'm back...not in great spirits, but here. A combination of unhealthy food choices and some hormonal issues mean that I'm swollen all over today -- not just my leg! In fact, for the first time ever, I think my rings are cutting off circulation to my finger a little bit -- yikes! Do any of you have experience with this or have any ideas for how to fix it??? It was WI today, and although I went up a little bit, it wouldn't be enough to make my rings not fit like this...

So it's been a hard time -- I'm finally done with all my projects -- including one I had to do twice because the file was corrupted. But it's now rainy and rainy and rainy, and I'm going to not get any exercise today...phooey.

Ok, let's find some good here. I did get to walk this weekend for a VERY brief time at our friends' house, and although, having been immobilized for three looooong months, I was out of breath at the end, I was able to climb a nice little hill two or three times -- up AND down! Without the cane! Yay.

We leave a week from Thursday. I have given up on losing even 9 pounds but am hoping and trying to lose enough to be under 300 pounds. Argh!!! I have three more PT sessions and one more yoga session before we leave, too, so I'm also REALLY hoping for some increased flexibility and decreased soreness. We'll see.

Sorry for the lack of personals -- I did read all your posts
Old 05-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #14  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

well I went to curves today after school....I liked it!

I like the switches between the walk pads and machines....however a few of the machines I feel ackward getting in and out of....I guess once I get use to it there wont be a problem. The women there were all very nice....they all seemed to know one another, I guess they all go at the same time of day so they get to know eachother like that. I went today and guess I could try to go tomorrow but I think we are trying to leave as soon as I get out of work......so I wont be able to go again till Sat & Sun...heck I don't even know if they are open on Sundays! LOL She did my body fat and lets just say I'm not too happy with that number....she didn't explain that part of it too much....it showed 43% and then a fat mass of 134.5lbs I asked her if that meant I had 134.5lbs of fat on my body........she said you don't have 134.5lbs to lose so I don't know what that meant! LOL guess it doesn't really matter much since my goal for going is to lose inches and lbs with that will come the fat!

Sorry no personals I have to get started on packing since I am going to work tomorrow I will need to have everything packed tonight! OH BOY what a job!

If you think of us tomorrow night pray for good weather & cheep gas prices!!!! LOL we are on a VERY VERY tight budget on this trip but we want the kids to have fun too!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Debimitch – I don’t have a mini trampoline. We have a treadmill here at home, and also a pool. I get my cardio & strength training done at the YMCA. I think I’d be too heavy for a mini trampoline….maybe. lol.

Bernice – I’ve definitely got my fingers crossed for you & your family!!! Have a safe & wonderful trip!

I’m thinking about investing in a system to play Dance Dance Revolution on! I’ve actually never played, but it looks like so much fun, and I think it’d be a great workout. Then I’d have an excuse to buy Guitar Hero & Rock Band, since I’d already have the system…lol!
Has anyone taken a Spinning class? My YMCA is going to start offering it this Summer, and I thought about signing up for the classes; Opinions?
Well, I’ve got some chicken marinating that I need to get onto the grill! I’ll try and pop back in here before bed. Have to work on some more last minute Bridal Shower stuff for this weekend. Don’t think I mentioned that….I’m hosting a Bridal Shower for my best friend, and she lives 3 HOURS away! Lol. But I’m doing all the cooking, etc, since the other Bridesmaids won’t help out. Anyhow, I think it’s going to be fabulous, and I have some last minute things I need to do, since I leave for Lansing on Friday after work.
Catch you all later!
Closed Thread