Praying for Catherine & Austin

Have a wonderful night ladies!
Old 03-29-2008, 11:11 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Prayers to Catherine and Austin.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #108  

Height: 5'7"

Well I did awful eating at the reception..the food was awesome!!!I started out doing really good but by the time we left I had 2 cups of punch. I had 1 plate of food....but it was a big plate. I really enjoyed it!! I didnt eat cake or anything from the chocolate fountain. I ate to much food and my tummy is really complaining about it!!!!!
The wedding was so pretty...I cried!! I looked over at my daddy ( who is a stroke patient) and he was crying and i lost it!!! My mom made the wedding dress and it was beautiful and so classy. Mom made my dress but this dream looked like a 1000 dollar dress. It was elegant!!
It was great having all my kids home and my daughter in law is 10 weeks pregnant and glowing. Im so excited!!!
I think I will drink a bottle of water and then go to bed...back on the diet tommorow!! I have actually been dieting for 2 months and this was my only cheat!! So I guess it wasnt to bad after all!!
Catherine you are in my prayers!!!
debi
Old 03-30-2008, 12:19 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Lauren: I was on a liquid diet for about 6 months and lost about 120 pounds then on August 29th I had gastric Bypass. I exercise at least 1 hour most every day. You can see my story so far under Biggest Loosers at the top of the main 300+ page.

Debbie: Thanks for the tips on self talk. I need to get back into that. When I first started exercising that really got me through, telling myself that I can do it. How very Spring to plant some seeds. I hope with all my heart the snow goes away soon and we can get things planted outside again. Hugs.

Debimitch: Glad that the wedding was wonderful.

Well, Off to bed now.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-30-2008, 12:35 AM   #110  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Catherine and hubby: you are both in my prayers...I hope you are feeling soooo much better soon

Battle: I totally know where you are coming from. The mirror can be your ultimate enemy. For me, it's in change rooms-where they have 3, yes 3 mirrors in them. That ia where I can see all my flaws. I usually start crying afterwards at the thought that, that was actually me. I don't feel fat~but when I look into that stupid mirror...I sure look it!!!!

Deb: I'm glad you had a good time. I think it's alright to splurge once in a while. It reminds us that we are human!!

Tonight I went to the park. Turned out to be cold mixed with rain/snow. I think mother nature is playing an early April Fool's joke on us My dog ran the whole time we were there. Atleast it got some of energy out!

I got new batteries for my scale...as of tonight I'm up 6 lbs. But, I'm not gonna worry because I have to weigh in tomorrow morning for the official #. (My fiance`was up 10 lbs~so I'm thinking maybe it was the old batteries giving us wrong weigh-ins), plus TOM is almost here (not using that as an excuse ).

I tried those new Panini's for Lean Cuisine (I had mushroom, spinach and chicken one). It was soooo good! And for only 5 points that wasn't bad at all!!!! I also finally tried those Ziploc steam bags~I was very impressed. I did asparagus in them...very nice and tender!!! I was sooo happy!!!

Good Night ladies...I wish you all the sweetest of dreams
Old 03-30-2008, 01:42 AM   #111  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm feeling much better now. I actually had to go back to the hospital again yesterday and got released this afternoon. They finally found a medication that stopped the spasming instead of just covering the pain. The moral of the story is to not get food poisoning when you have a stomach virus to begin with. The last solid food I've eaten was cake at the party. I have no idea how long it will be before I get my strength back. They know I didn't have a heart attack, but still don't know why I had an abnormal EKG, or why my liver enzymes were messed up. It could be all because of the illness, or something else, so I'll have to have a bunch of follow-up testing, and lots of rest. My immune system is compromised right now, so I will have to be very careful. I just wanted to thank you for your prayers.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:45 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Catherine - so nice to see you post. Please take care of yourself - and let Himself help too - please. You both continue to be in our prayers. Please thank Austin for letting us know.

Hugs to you both,
Carol
Old 03-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #113  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Debbie - Thanks! that was the formal night on the cruise. Patti's is in Grand Rivers, same area, and has food to DIE for! you would deff have to plan it in! lol
Old 03-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #114  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Morning Ladies!

Annie- Just ready your story under Biggest Loosers. All I can say is WOW. I am sorry about your family losses., But am thrilled about your weight loss. I can relate to eating out of anger. I should dig out my journal. Have not done much writing since the kids were born.

Again! I look forward to connecting with you all each day. It is amazing to have a place to go to be yourself!
Old 03-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #115  

Height: 5'7"

Well my scales didnt like me this morning. I am up 3lbs today. I was up 2 yesteday so added another pound. I didnt drink as much water as normal yesterday and ate all that salty food. Im back at it today. This is my first cheat and I dont think it was worth it!! I like loosing!!!
I am going to work it off the next few days.
Catherine_ great to hear you are doing better!! I was so worried..thank austin for letting us know!!!
rosebud_ pattis is awesome!!!
Well I think im going shopping a little while...i jsut got an email that says hummingbirds are going arrive in our area around april 1. I love them and my feeders were faded from the sun and we pitched them in the fall. I am also thinking of picking up a bird feeder or two. I havent feed the birds in years. I was watching a neighbors feeder yesterday and saw 3 cardinal and a few bluejays. I want to see birds in my yard too.
I am excited about having 2 days off to clean the girls rooms. I am getting up in the morning and getting at it. Im hoping maybe to have time to hit my flower beds also. They are full of weeds. I Love spring!!!
Hope everyone is doing good and having a wonderful weekend.
Oh my sister called and has lost 4lbs now. I think her biggest problem was not drinking water!!
take care all
debi
Old 03-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Catherine: Thank you for updating us. I signed in today to see if there was an update. I hope the reason for the weird numbers on some of your tests is simply a result of your body being out of balance from the double whammy illnesses. I know when I have a bad episode, my body is out of whack for a while, and then everything returns to normal.

Annie: Holy smokes woman, you look so unbelievably great I have tears in my eyes.

Debbie: Thank you for writing about your feeling about how your body looks from gaining weight. I can so relate. We have done irreparable damage, most of us, and it is hard to come to terms with.

------
Surprise, surprise! I jumped on the scale this morning not expecting a loss, and was down another 3 lbs! I am blowing through the 250s in record time. I have not lost weight this rapidly since the beginning of my new eating plan. After many months in the 260s, and struggle after struggle to lose tiny increments of weight, I will take this period of unusually high reward for my efforts! I am grateful and delighted beyond belief. I am officially a size 20 today...barely, but I'm calling it.

Last edited by BattleAx; 03-30-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:59 AM   #117  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Catherine & Austin..thank you for the updates....I was thinking of you both!

Two shows down...one to go. OK eating day yesterday...in as much as I had points left but I wasn't really hungry at all so I didn't really eat enough. Today's schedule is the worst...I have to be there at Noon for set up...show is at 2. We're going for a late breakfast around 10:30 or so....but the cast party isn't till 6. Thanksfully I know that they are serving pizza and pasta...so DH and I are going to stop for food on the way over...I just worry about his eating today since he is the one who actually has to eat more frequently.

It's almost over!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:06 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Catherine - good to see you back. Take care of yourself! You are in our prayers.

Well I haven't been much for personals this week as I have not been on here much with all going on in my life.

Welcome to the newbies!!!! Yeah to the losers and keep going!

I had weigh in today. Of course with the week I had I figured the results. 1.8 gain. I am trying to not let it get to me and keep on track. It has been tough. Hubby lost 7 lbs., older daughter lost 1 lb. and young daughter lost .2 so they are doing great! This is my first gain since I started. It is just kind of bummy. So to sum up the week thank you for your prayers for my family when my grandmother passed away. Funeral day was very long. To top it off my older son's wife didn't go with us as she said she couldn't take off work. Excuse. We found out after my son tried to call her after the funeral that she moved everything out of the house while we were at the funeral. Wonderful! Hubby and I knew it was coming, but her timing really stunk! Son was hopeful that they were ok and never expected it. So it was a pretty sucky week. On a good note, our son who was in the Army is home until the 8th, so we will enjoy having him here! YEAH! I will try hard to get the water in this week and do some exercising.

I am proud of all of you and even though I am not on here much, when I do it is inspiring to hear what you are all doing. Keep Losing!!!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #119  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon all,

Today is my free day so I thought I'd pop in and say hello. I'm doing okay with my math studying, but probably not well enough. I see summer school in my future, but that's okay. Everything else is going well. The food is on plan, the exercise is great. I'm really starting to get into the lifting. More so than I thought I would really. I suspect it's the change in exercise, but my weight loss has been very consistent the last few weeks. Even during TOM, which is almost never is.

And the weather has changed enough that I really do think that spring is on the way. Some of the garden beds are clear of snow and the daffodils are starting to spring up. We're seriously discussing pool opening dates (as the ice is kind of mushy on top of it) and will probably pick one at the end of next week. I've got lots of seedlings going in the crawl space, and the hanging geraniums (that came from seed) are ready for a first cut back. Yep, spring is on the way.

I've been trying to spend less time behind the computer (except for studying), but I have been dropping in and reading everything. I'll still be scarce for the coming weeks, but I'm always thinking of you gals. (And yes, I copied this from the other thread, but nothing has changed much in the last 15 minutes!)

There are just so many posts that personals are an impossibility. Congrats to those who are down this week, and those holding.... just keep working on it, the changes will come. And if you slipped a little in the last week, just get back on track. You can't worry about what has happened, so just work on the future.

Catherine -
I'm so happy to hear that you're home, and that it wasn't too serious. Hopefully the tests they're running will shed some light on everything.

Ack, the site isn't responding. I'll have to see how good my memory is.

Debbie - I hope you're taking care of yourself. My stay in hospital a few years ago was preceeded by either a flu that wouldn't go away, or a touch of pneumonia. I didn't take care of myself (or even see anyone) and it migrated into the pleural cavity around one lung. It was definitely not a fun time, so do take care. I'm never sure how much I buy into herbal remedies, however, at the time a fellow I worked with suggested oregano oil. I was on my third set of antibiotics and I figured it couldn't hurt. Now, it could have been the change in drugs, or the oregano oil, but the infection finally cleared up. I'm so glad you had a visit with your son.

Lauren - woohoo (on the sig!)

Julia -

(ditto that if I missed anyone else new sneaking in)

Annie - that picture with the bear is amazing.

Okay gals, that's it for me. The bread is done, the chili is finished (and cooling). The laundry doesn't seem to want to do itself, so I can't avoid it any longer. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Here's to an on plan week for everyone!
Old 03-30-2008, 07:51 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Debi, It sounds like the wedding turned out so nice and to have your kids there and one grandchild on the way...wow...what a day you had. One day of slight cheating isn't going to mess you up and you're going to be OP again really quick, I think you'll be just fine.

Annie, yes, we might sound crazy while we talk to ourselves, but hey, whatever gets us thru it. We had snow again this morning, how bout you?

Rena, I love those panini's. They are sooo good and not too bad on calories either. We got the Lean pockets this time which are pretty good too. Those scales! Don't ya just wanna take em outside and smash em??? You'll have it off in no time.

Catherine, so glad to hear your doing better. Please take care of yourself. We worry so much and Himself is sucha sweetheart for letting Annie know what's going on.

Lauren, next time we head to Kentucky, I'll let you know and we can plan a trip to Patti's!

Battle, congrats on losing 3 more. You are doing just awesome and in a 20....that's just super!!

Penny, sheesh, that's just terrible the way she treated your son and moved out on him like that. Her day will come. I believe in Karma, so it's just a matter of time. So glad that your other son will be staying around for a few days. Enjoy the time.

Anne, I'm sure I'll have to go back for another round of meds. It's not getting better, but it's not getting worse either. I just hate it because I see things that need to be done, but don't have the energy to do them.
You take care while your doing all that studying. We miss ya here so check in often if just to say hi.

I've pretty much given up on the fact that I won't be able to find a kitchen to work out of. With me being sick, it's really put a damper on trying to get things done. So I'm back to do my little banks. I"ve been reworking the patterns so we can get one size plexiglass covers and they will still look pretty cute. Other than that, I tried that recipe for enchiladas that I found somewhere here on 3fc. They are so good!!! I switched out the hamburger for turkey so it was even less calories. Lots of peppers and onions and salsa, yum!!
Ok, gonna go rest up somemore. Have a good night and move and drink that water!!
Debbie
Closed Thread