Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #31  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Dmpls: 1 kilo = 2.2 lbs.

Catherine...a 9 hour birthday party?? You are the party girl!!!

It's too early for me to function. This week always leaves me feeling like I was run over by a bulldozer.

Last edited by JuleeCeeS; 03-25-2008 at 11:24 AM. Reason: content
Old 03-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

Hello everyone, sorry I have been MIA.. We have been moving and moving and moving. This week I had to clean the house from top to bottom. Maybe it was not a good idea taking the house "as is" lol too late now. IT is clean btw. And DH and DD focused on moving all the small boxes and books shelves and things they could grab. It is now up to me and the kids to clear out their rooms over the next 2 days. Our big move will be Sat 3/29. Uhaul truck is rented and my back is already aching. I think we moved just in time. We just got new neighbors in the condo beside us. They are so respectful (Cough Cough) the moved in during the middle of the night last night. We did not get one ounce of sleep. They started at 11:30pm and continued till DH had to get up at 4:30am. It was horrble. What type of people move in during the middle of the night???????

Food has not been great. I will weigh in the morning. We had Easter dinner with family at apple bees. My sister-in-law is a one up one person. She holds a doctor in some chemical science and 2 other degrees and now she is actually thinking about becoming a family physician. Needless to say I was glad to get out of there. I am after just a lowely mom who has only a BS degree in teaching, which I am not doing, and working from home at a crappy job. LOL... I love it.

Well will catch up when I can .

Tina
Old 03-25-2008, 06:34 PM   #33  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Penny yeah forgot that part.....but its interest free loan....I just knew they paid it up front in an ER. When my mom was dieing they paid for me and the 4 kids to fly out the next morning and paid for hotel stays as well as food....and transportation.....we paid back a very small amount each month.

Heatherdw good job in knowing your body and losing that 2lbs!

Annie the classroom I work in is the same.....however we have been lucky last year and this year we have only 1 or 2 students we have to use SCM(the actual movements) on...and one of them is so small that I can lift him on my own if I have to....and the other one we can tell him to go to the floor and he lays down for us LOL none of ours are usually due to a threat of bodily harm to us....its more for safety of the other students in the classroom (ie: the out of control student wants/attempts to throw stuff) or for their own safety (hitting themselves or banging head etc)
I just know that I don't want to be taking students down when I turn 50 LOL ......I would love an office position and I have the experience, however it is in volunteer hours and not paid time....so I will just wait on God.....that's how I stumbled upon this position anyhow.....I love the kids and enjoy the work as well as the girls I work with......but I know it is not feasable to work this job through to retirement....who knows maybe I get to my goal and decide I can do it.....God will show me....

Thanks Julee for the metric lesson LOL I prefer pounds they are bigger! hehehhe well for weight lost that is....Maybe I will start weighing in using metric and just go by pounds when we speak of lost weight LOL

Tina- Not from experience of my own.....but people that move in the middle of the night are people that HAVE to move out during the middle of the night! LOL I use to manage a victorian home that was divided into several apts.....LOL people that move out in the middle of the night and on the 24th of the month havent paid rent and wont be allowed to stay past the 1st! Usually that is....LOL good thing you are getting out of there!

Well had a good day at work but not so great on eating....Ive been taking less snacktype food because I need to go to the store.......anyhow I was not able to resist the fresh baked homemade bread that a teacher's wife made for our classroom......nor a reese's PB cup ......but I will plug them into TDP and just live with my decsion to eat whatever LOL

Stopped at the base Library and got 2 audiobooks, 6 new CDs and a few DVDs the audiobooks & CDs are to listen to for my IPOD.....one of the DVDs is WATP I have it till Apr 1st so Im sure I will get some major use out of it.....

Well better get off here.....hope everyone had a wonderful day!

Bernice
Old 03-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #34  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I woke up in the middle of the night with a high fever. I'm ready for someone to just shoot me. I was not allowed to be sick growing up (long story), so now when I do get sick, I get very agitated. I'm not a good patient. I finally felt good enough to sit up for awhile. I guess I've got a good excuse to not clean up after the party.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #35  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone, I hope ya'll had a great day!

Sandy - i am praying for your son, please keep us updated.

DMPLS - tonight i made turkey chili for Uncle Bill, DH, and I. UB doesn't like spicy food and well i really do and DH kinda does and I was craving some pico sooooo.... i made my first batch ever of pico de gallo! it was WONDERFUL and i'm so proud of myself. i was going to take a pic of it but that didn't happen.

well i'm pooped, sorry not to many personals, it's been a hard day. i'm off to veg on the couch and to watch BL

Lauren
Old 03-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Hiya Peeps - well I wasn't sure how I would feel today after the weigh in this morning but I sucked it up and today was good. I worked my tail off at the gym tonight and am just accepting the scale as a number (at least today that's my story). I have an abcessed tooth that's not making me care about much of anything and the end of the quarter is extremely stressful for me at work - fortunately I have planned food - so now I just need to relax a little bit and look forward to the endodontist next Wednesday - one of my vacation days next week - boy do I know how to have a good time or what.

DH and I have been discussing behavior changes - it seems unfathomable to me that I have not had fast food in almost 7 months - I can't believe the golden arches hasn't had to close without my business. the other huge change is exercise for me - that has just been 3 months but it is feeling very natural and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I'm feeling like I can do this - now i need a big helping of patience. I owe so much of this success to all of you here for your support and continued understanding.

Better get some things done around here.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 03-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi Chickies,

I'm looking at the circular for my local supermarket and am feeling happy. There are some great fruits and veggies on sale starting Weds. Winter fruits aren't that exciting to me, although this year I enjoyed some above average grapefruits. I look forward to seeing more variety in the stores and nicer quality.

Carol: You hang in there, and you will see the result you are waiting for. The changes you made are amazing.

Catherine: I hope you feel better. This virus is making the rounds. I'm finally back to normal, although still am coughing a little.

Bernice: Enjoy the selection from the library. I think I will go and check out some new exercise DVDs myself. it's a great way to try them out and get variety.

Tina: Ugh, I hate moving. I have moved way more than my share in life. Each time I swear never again, I'm going to hire people to take care of everything. Maybe some day.

Rosebud: Hi there!

Debbie: My goodness, you don't just get sick, you go all the way, don't you! I hope you are back to peak health asap.

Hi and hugs to everyone else.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:51 AM   #38  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Good MoOOOOOOORNING 3FCerssssssssssssssssss! (in my best Robin Williams from Good morning Vietnam, sounding text) LOL

Lauren Congrats on the Pico! I love the stuff & could eat it on everything! LOL that recipe I made with the shrimp & crab meat is the same thing but you add those two things and Lemon juice......hmmmmm I need to go to the store!!! LOL Now you got me craving some!!!

Carol I know what you mean about fast food! I have maybe had 2 french fries since changing my eating habits....and when I say 2 I mean 2 single fries not 2 orders LOL unheard of!!! Also the exercise is another thing.....two months ago if someone told me I would be walking close to 5 miles a week I would of said yeah right! LOL

Battle- yes I cant wait till this evening to try out the DVD.....I used the treadmill last night because I wanted to start on the audiobook right away! But, unfortunately my leg kinda acted up....it didn't hurt but felt funny....so I stopped after 15mins cuz I didn't want it to be hurt....feels fine this morning. Don't know what that was last night, except I was wearing a different pair of shoes than I have been and maybe that was it....not sure.

Well hope everyone has a wonderful day! I actually got up had coffee, took shower and stayed away from the computer till I was completely dressed this morning! (I still have to get my lunch together) MUCH better morning so far! LOL

toodles poodles!
BErNICE
Old 03-26-2008, 08:10 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

morning all...I have been reading just not posting much. All the great rain has brought on allergy season!!! I have bad allergies..I just want to scratch my eyeballs out lol. BUT I am not. I watched biggest looser last night as I always do. I just love that show. My oldest who is 17 FINALLY passed his test to get his driving permit. LOL now the fun begins right????

Hope yall have a great day!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #40  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

DMPLS - I did put lemon juice in my pico, i think i might add some crushed garlic next time. yummy!!!! hey, i'm looking for a good guacamole recipe. got one?

CYN - GOOD LUCK!!!! lol!!! my hubby is a youth pastor and last summer a couple of our girls that zack and i are close to got their permits and wanted zack to take them driving so he could teach them. then they would ask me if they could drive if we were going somewhere. i couldn't do it! i'm such a control freak and i deff dont' trust a kid who just got their permit! lol my kids are so going to hate me when they get their permit! i gotta have them first! lol

I hope you all are having a wonderful Wednesday! I'm so glad that it's pretty and warm outside! we've got the windows open here at work. i'm ready for SUMMER!!!!!

Uncle Bill is doing good. Thanks for the prayers.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #41  

Height: 5'11"

Heya everyone!

Sounds like many of us are having good days -- poor Catherine M aside! My good news is that my hobbling around has helped -- today I was able to do 15 minutes on the exercise bike, cast and all -- no pain, no stiffness, not even any tired muscles! I had to stop because I was in my work clothes and getting too warm to be presentable this afternoon But it looks like I can start getting back on plan...today! More walking this afternoon and then out to dinner with friends tonight, then into the gym again tomorrow night! Yay!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Everyone,

I got offered the job at the theme park but it doesn't pay nearly enough for me to drive 42 miles a day for it. I could have taken it to get me through until the other one calls but, I didn't think that was a very honest and ethical thing for me to do. They really liked me and that honestly felt great. I did go to another interview today at a Dr.'s office. The pay would be better and it is part time. I am kind of interested in it. I never thought I would be but the idea of them training me to do xrays and blood pressures and misc. CNA type stuff makes me think that maybe I would be happy doing something like that. I am surely hoping for a second interveiw. It would be Mon. Tues and Thursdays 8 hours per day. I could really handle that if the pay was decent. Other than that I have applied for jobs here and there. I'm sure something will turn up. The Lord always takes care of us.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying warmer than it is here. It is so snowy again. UGH! Oh dear Spring come back. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Penny, that is so nice that your son was able to come home thru the Red Cross. Good news about the truck too. It's going to look brand new once you get it all fixed. YAY on the test being normal!!

Heather dw, great news on the 2 lbs coming back off!

Annie, I'm doing all the doc wants me too, which is take my pills. I wouldn't go outside if you paid me, it's cooooold out there. We are even having threats of lowland snow for the next 3 days. BRRRRRR!
I hope that you reach your goal of 270 so you can get that monkey on that chain.
Good luck on the job front!

Tina, people that are hiding something usually are the ones that move in at night.

Carol, of course you can do this. We all can. Once a woman sets her mind to something, there's no changing it.

Catherine, how are ya feeling today? I hope better. Sure are alot of bad germs/bugs going around right now. Take care.

Cyn, good to see ya. Yep, now the fun begins with him driving. I remember my son didn't know what a brake was. Anyhow, I'm sure he's going to be a great and cautious driver.

I'm feeling somewhat better. Trying to get a bit of housework done in case my son does come over. Haven't heard from him though for him to confirm that he is.
I'm drinking more water too since the throat seems awful dry from all the coughing. I'm also trying to get back on plan better. I wasn't hardly eating before and I know that's not the right thing to do. So planning meals a bit more now that I feel better.

Anyhow, hope all are doing well OP and to those who are struggling, hugs.
Debbie
Old 03-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #44  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Annie-My former secretary went to work at a doctor's office after we lost our funding. They were willing to train her in all sorts of stuff. She loved it. She learned how to do the insurance billing/coding, and now works from home with several doctors as clients. She makes a lot more money than I ever used to pay her as a legal secretary. Learning to do new stuff when we are past school age is good for us, and anything medical is a growing field.

My fever broke, but my stomach is still very weak. It seems strange to have leftovers in the house, and no desire to eat any of it. I could probably find the energy for birthday cake, but the animals devoured all of that within a couple of hours, and it was a big cake. I'm going to try some broth and if I keep that down, maybe a banana.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:12 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

I finally got some movement in my body size. I have been a size 22 for way longer than expected. Back in November, I bought a pair of size 22 jeans that were way too tight, cut the same size as the 20s I have bought since then. Back in November I thought the jeans would fit probably within a month. Hahaha, it's the end of March now, and I just gave them another go, along with the size 20 slacks I bought for the Spring. Finally, I can zip and button the jeans and slacks, although they are still a little too tight. But that is movement, finally, and it won't take much more for them to fit comfortably and for me to call myself a size 20.

Now I really do need to shop for a few more things to wear to last thru the next phase and warm weather. My size 20 incentive clothes will fit, but I need at least a couple of new blouses to wear to work.

I'm almost a size 20. Wow. In the past, when I was a size 18-20 I received a lot of attention from men. Anything bigger, and the attention dropped off drastically. But, 18-20, there was a lot of attention coming my way. I'm a lot older now so we will see if that is still the case in a few pounds from now when the clothes fit. I'm not sure how I will feel about it if it happens.
Closed Thread