Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1149

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!

Last edited by Heather; 03-10-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning Peeps - Monday is here again already - an hour early. What a day to decide to get up earlier since I've been running late in the morning lately.

Hope you are all doing well - I think we may see a little spring this week - I hope the same for all of you buried in snow.

Everyone have a great day - move your bodies, drink you water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 03-10-2008, 08:32 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Good Monday morning ,
Well its raining here in KY. I will take rain anytime over snow!! Well at least when I have had my fill of snow.lol I actually love snow...but just had to much ice and mess this winter. I collect snowmen.
Oldest daughter called her college basketball team is going to NCAA tournaments,so look like she will be traveling to MI this weekend. She said she is exhausted from the 10 days in NYC. She is excited to get to cheer at the tournaments though.She is working as an intern for an accounting firm and they are not to happy about her missing more work.
Youngest is home with fever and a sore throat. She says she just feels awful. HOpefully its just a sore throat and not the flu. She is going to the dr as soon as they can get her in.
I actualy woke up with a little bit of a sore throat also. I think mine is sinus.
Well I hope everyone who weighs in has great losses.
Have a great day
Old 03-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

Good Monday Morning everyone. Still snowed in here in Ohio and it is icing rain outside with a mix of snow. Got to love it!

Well I weighed this morning and the scale is going from 279.5-280 so down around 1lb. My doctors appt is Thursday I am interested to see how much I weight on their scales (it is always different) I have done another new thing in my eating. I have been buying a smaller size cereal bowl. I like it, as it makes me feel like I get a "big Bowl" but really dont over eat, because cereal is something I can overeat.

I have been really thinking about my daughter and how I am handling her compared to how my family handled me. My grandma put me on diet after diet and my mom snuck me food? It was a weird thing. I am really striving to not put my daughter on a diet. I dont want her scared of food like me. I read this book called the Pari plan and it really stressed that about not puting children on a diet. It also stressed the importance of having special nites where you do eat out etc. So, that is what I am trying. I am also trying that in my own life.

Well everyone have a good monday and work hard.

Tina
Old 03-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I agree about it not being good to put kids on a diet. I have babysit for many years and a few years ago I kept a girl whos mom was a big ZONER. Her daughter was overweight and jsut a big girl for her age. She was also very tall for her age. Well her mom would send zone food and bars for her to eat. She felt mistreated and I actually would catch her eating food in the bathroom. She would go into the kitchen and get chip and snack cakes out of the cabinet and then take them with her to the bathroom and eat them. I caught on because one sunday I went to slide my feet into my dress shoes and there was a half eaten snack cake in one of them,,,lol.
I started cooking for lunch and making my kids eat a healthy lunch and with her. We tried to follow the zone balance and she was much happier. Its better to eat healthy as a whole family.
I see this girl from time to time and she is beautiful and actually very tall and not really heavy. She is just a bigger framed girl.
I still cant look at a little debbie snack cake and not think of her.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #6  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

hey ya'll .... as paula deen says... OMG....i was a piggy pig yesterday! we drove to savannah to eat at the lady and sons restaruant...the one owned by paula deen...from The food network...and OMG the food was soooo good! her place is not what you might think for a tv personality, and nothing like emerils in orlando. its quite the homey country place....clapboard siding, ceiling fans whirring...and a HUGE buffet...fried chicken, roast pork, collard greens, cream corn, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes....OMG....i totally went off my nutritional take in! the building is an old southern three story building... in the heart of downtown savannah...very non-descript. but i knew it was her place as soon as I turned the corner and saw the line of people! haha i waited about 10 mins just to get my name on the LIST! then we had to come back about 2 and a half hours later for our reservations!!! they don't take call in reservations...only you have to show up anytime after 9:30 am to get your name on the list for the day! then come back at your assigned time! well, in one sense it was worth it...i can add her place to my list of establishments i have visited...however, uggg...i was sooooooooo stuffed on the ride home...and have paid for over indulging dearly, through the night and this morning! can you say plop plop??? fizz fizz??

its was a gorgeous sunny day....about 75 and a slight breeze...we started the day by watching the sun rise over the ocean! it was amazing...i love the sea! i declare, i think i am a land locked mermaid! haha

while we waited for our time to eat, we copped a squat in the park where already, savannah has the fountains dyed green for st pattys day! we played cards, and took pics and people watched! i love wathing little kids laugh and play and throw pennies into the fountain. i threw my penny in and made my wish!

hugsssssssssss
cheeriooo
rainbowsmiles
Old 03-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sandy: I hear ya and will take it all to Goodwill or St. Vincents when the yard sale is over.

Bernice: You did such a great job on the photos. My bracelet is an Italian Charm Bracelet too.

Debbie: I have a few 22 size shirts that someone gave me. I also have saved a jacket, 2 pairs of pants and a shirt that I used to wear at my very largest.
Oooh. Wii fit sounds soooo fun.

Carol: Hope your weigh in goes wonderfully well.

debimitch: I love, love pampered chef products and having the parties. I used to sell it and made lots of money plus it was fun.

Catherine: I wish you to be able to get off all of your meds soon too. Hugs.

Wyoming: I think rewarding myself with non food items has been such a blessing to me. I wear my bracelet daily and often my DH chimes in and offers massages for my big goals. It makes everything more special to me.

Tina: Huge congrats on -1. Keep going and the best thing for your dear daughter is seeing her mom be healthy. Hugs.

Rainbow: Welcome back. Glad you enjoyed your meal out.

Well, I'm at work so gotta go. Just wanted to check in. Everyone drink your water, move your bodies and have a great day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 03-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #8  
Sandybar1 aka Sandybar

S/C/G: 352/333/150

Height: 5'1"

HI Everyone,
I'm still off sick today, but am feeling better, just no energy.
I did manage to take out all my old clothes out of the closet and
drawers. I've actually gone from a 5x last summer to a 2X-3x right now.
I'm gonna see if my son can take the two HUGE bags of clothes to good will
today so they're gone forever. I did save 2 pair of "fat pants" for future
motivation. It's cool and scary at the same time to think I have no more clothes that are too big for me around. Now, I can just focus on getting smaller sizes.
It was weird going through those clothes. I found the outfit I wore to my oldest daughter's wedding, my youngest daughter's wedding, my son's wedding and my step daughter's wedding. It was sad to give them up in a way.
I've found I'm back to being scared about being successful on my program.
And at the same time I'm afraid of failure cuz I HATE the way I look.
I think once I get below 250 I'll feel better. Cuz that will mean I'm half way there. I'm scared about the saggy skin. When I met dh I was at about 180-185. Way too much for my little frame. But, I had previously been up to 250. And, I had the nastiest, saggiest looking thighs you ever saw. Yeah, my legs looked good in jeans, but naked, PUKE! How are we suppose to feel good about our selves when we have all that stuff saggin around. I think I'll just at my self in the mirror when I'm dressed and have that hot butt!
I think I'm afraid of what my husband will think and feel. Stupid, huh?
Anyway, I was motivated by Annie to clean out the closet. And, I am excited to go to Walmart or the mall, see something on clearance that's adorable, just a little tight and be confident in buying it anyway cuz I know I'll be able to wear it in x number of months/weeks.

My next big day is April 18th.
My sisters and I (and Abby cuz she can't stand to be away from her mama)
Are meeting in Alabama to bury my mom's ashes. (we lost her last august for those of you that don't know ....any of you that know the whole story of my mom and I, feel free to fill them in, I'd rather not think about it)
Anyway, I've lost about 25 pounds since then. It's only a month away. I'd be happy to be about 280 in April. I think it's doable. It's roughly 15 pounds and it's what 5-6 weeks away.
Then my next goal is to be 250 or under by my son's wedding June 21st.
Anyway, I just wanted you all to know I finally am ditching those old too big clothes. BTW, most of the stuff I found I can wear. They're 2x's. I still need the 3x for the bottom half of me, but that's ok. It's getting smaller too. It's those blasted german genetics.
TTFN, hope all are well.
Sandy
Old 03-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #9  
Sandybar1 aka Sandybar

S/C/G: 352/333/150

Height: 5'1"

Heather---- what's up with tickers?
I know I can't post one til 30 days are up, but I don't see others either.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #10  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Well this weekend absolutely wore me out. I was staffing a youth group weekend out of town. I think the time change was a big factor, right there with long days, a lumpy hotel bed and all of the little things that happened. Food...I did all I could to stay on track...but when the meals that other people planned are not even remotely geared towards you...you deal. Friday night was an Asian-ish buffet. They had mini take-out boxes of salad (pre-dressed of course), steamed veggies, chicken in a sauce that semed light enough (I let it drain) and I skipped the rice. I did very well that night.

Saturday lunch was dismal. Usually we get deli on Saturday afternoon and I can make myself a turkey salad...but no...they went Italian and had 2 pastas and caesar salad. It just sucked. But not eating was also not an option. Argh. My cousin took me to dinner and I had a fantastic grilled salmon salad...but the pita chips and humus they brought to the table were tooo tasty. Then at the dance that night they had lots of stuff. I broke down and had dessert..which was a merengue type thing and a small piece of a cake. I was starving from the rest of the day. I did also have a cup full of carrot though..so all was not lost.

Sunday..lunch was a BBQ but I don't eat red meat and I refuse to eat veggie hot dogs...they didn't have veggie burgers. So I had a big plate of lettuce with some tabouleh salad, some israeli couscous salad and some fries (baked!). It could have been worse but it as just agitating. It was comforting to get back to my own home and my own kitchen and my own food where I was in charge. I did drink a ton of water though which was good and brought my oatmeal for the mornings and also brought some of my own snacks. Someone brought bagels for the staff on Sunday morning so I grabbed half a bagel, dug out the insides and put some light cream cheese on it. I didn't even try to track yesterday. I'll list it all but the points are just a lost cause for then.

I slept in today and am going in to work late since I worked all weekend...but have to work till 8 tonight.

We did have a scare over the weekend. One of the teens there (17 y.o.) who has Juv. Diabetes and wears an insulin pump (and was diagnosed at 7) had a dibetic crisis on Saturday night. She fainted and then when she kept retesting her blood sugar it would spike and crash and they couldnt get her stable. When the EMTs came she was near 600. My question is...if she has been dealing with this for 10 years how on earth did is happen? This was not her first time away on a weekend or at a dance or near sugary foods...it made the staff wonder if she had ben doing something else that could have provoked it. What gave us the most concern though was the cavalier attitude her parents took. Aside from assuring our director that it had never happened before, they had little to say. In fact, they did not go to the ER where she was taken..and they only live 30 minute away from where we were. Wow. I'd be there in a flash...especially if it hadnever happened before. Ah well...

My kids (the kids in my group) were terriffic and drama-free for a change which made the weekend go better for everyone.

The next few weeks for me are jam packed. Lots of long days and late nights. I am trying to get my strength together...and finally kick this silly cold too! It will not go away...argh.

Still no MIL update...she informed DH that if he kept insisting on talking about it that he was going to ruin their relationship. O-K.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #11  

Hello my Peeps,

Last week was a very strange week. Since my new supervisor started last fall, the team has been in crisis mode from one day to the next. I've got nothing done on a project I started this past December because each day something new has to be dealt with that she's erroneously implemented. I've gone up the admin chain telling her bosses, but didn't get a response until this last Friday. I have documented all the "crisises" she creates and this boss (2 tiers up) said he promised to push this topic to the forefront of his priorities to deal with. This 2nd tier boss was great and I talked to him for over an hour in a professional, non-emotional and non-attacking way about my supervisor. What was strange is that even with his promise (and I believe he'll follow through) is that I didn't feel better and still wanted to stress eat over this. I've decided that I need to go to employee assistance and make an appt to see "what's eating me" tomorrow.

The sunshine and upcoming spring is helping my motivation, but I think my journey is ready for more input. Even if employee assistance can't help me directly, they can recommend someone on my insurance plan that can. This is a big step for me because asking for help is soooooooo difficult for this stubborn peep!!

Hugs and Luv to all,
Ratkity
Old 03-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #12  

OMGosh Julee, a diabetic crisis like that is scary. I'm glad you were there and other people where there to impress upon that 17 yo that a blood sugar of 600 is beyond bad. If she's on a pump and it's doing that, there are major problems she needs to work out with her physician (of course, you know that.. preaching to the choir here). I hope her youth councilors can convince her that her blood sugar and her life are vitally connected .. she's not long for this world if she doesn't get control over it. *end sermon* Sorry, I get very scared when people are cavalier (sp) about diabetes.. I guess it's cuz I've seen the end results too much in my life.

Hugs and Luv to all
Ratkity
Old 03-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Wow such a hectic weekend, but back to work today. I am home on lunch. Update, the daughters state speech contest went well. She received 2 number ones and one number 2. She was kind of bummed about the 2 and wanted a one, but for her first year to go as far as state was awesome!!! She agreed and then at weigh in she gained a half pound! Probably the donut she had, she said! HA! HA! I don't even know what donuts taste like anymore. Probably because I would not be able to stop at one. Younger daughter lost half pound. She is doing fine for her age. We are not pushing her to lose weight. We have just changed the way the whole family is eating and that makes a difference. I just wanted to check in before going back up to work. I am so glad mail count is over for another year or two!!!! Hubby had an early flight today so I have been up since 3:30. I will miss him for the week again. Young daughter dance tonight and older one piano practice so maybe I can start some exercising one of these days!!! I want to know when "ME" time is???
Old 03-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #14  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Default GABE ALERT - If you're interested...

Ladies, I've been very naughty and have hardly even been lurking for the last few weeks. Kind of on a pity party I guess, because it's been so long since I was really in control, and yet another winter has almost passed, and here I am. This time of year is often hard, seasonal light disorder and all that, so perhaps that's helped inflat my feelings of discouragement. I guess I'm not the only one to go through a period of feeling hypocritical or like a failure when the weight loss isn't what we want it to be. But there's nothing for it but to move on and keep trying. How many times did Edison try to make a light bulb before he found success??

Anyway, Yesterday I did something that a few of you might want to hear about, and I'm so excited I had to share:

Gabriel & I ventured out of the indoor arena on our first ever real live actually trail ride, and ended up going where he hadn't even been before. HE WAS FANTASTIC!!!! I couldn't believe how calmly he took everything. He was kinda put out that whichever horse(s) was in front of him it was moving so slow, but with 14-16 inches of snow to wade thru... It didn't stop Mr. Legs, tho! And he didn't spook at ANYTHING. At the top of the hill there's a semi-truck parked, and the way he looked at it as we came up the hill towards it made me think I was going to end up walking back to the barn. But he actually PASSED the other horses and went towards it first! Same thing with barrels and cones half buried in snow. He looked at everything with his head high in the air and his ears forward, just fascinated. But he never spooked. I have to admit that it really thrilled me to hear one of the other riders exclaiming how incredible he looked, just striding through the deep snow, bold and fancy.

Just as we got back to the barn, a flock of geese leapt off the pond squacking at the same instant that the dog came trotting into view, and Gabe startled briefly, but he didn't shy or snort or spin or anything bad. It was an unbelievable ride, even tho we never went above a trot. I knew that the thrill of that big trot of his bouncing over snowdrifts would send me into peals of high-pitched laughter for the joy of it, and I figured THAT noise would scare him if nothing else did! I'm using the great experience to motivate myself today. Focus and refocus, right? I just really thought it would be late summer before i had the courage to ride him out, but there we were - living the dream.

I can only make it better and better to lose this weight and be secure in the saddle. To be more balanced, lighter, easier for the big guy to bound over snowdrifts. I worked out again this morning, and I just have to keep trying, every single day, to give myself the gift of a healthier life.

Thanks for letting me share.

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 03-10-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #15  

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone!

My lovely, lovely husband finally found the knitting patterns that he'd put in, ahem, a safe place...two years ago. So now I can finally get moving on some projects I've been itching to start on. Of course, I have three or four other projects in various stages of completion, but you can never have too many, right?

Hope all your weeks are great -- I find out Friday whether I can start putting weight on the broken leg -- woo hoo! Can't wait to not be stuck on crutches! (I'm guessing I will have to be reminded not to push too hard once I can get moving again! And I'm sure there will be many days when I'll be wishing I had a good reason to be stuck on the couch, reading and knitting!).
Closed Thread