Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 12:43 AM   #76  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Catherine, you have a special place in heaven.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:17 AM   #77  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

YAY!!! Down another 1.8 tonight at WI!! My office manager even commented that I looked like I was losing Apparently..with my fair skin and my hair and acceptable shade of red now...when I wear green I look Irish. Go figure.

I am ridiculously stubborn. I have dealt with back issues for years...some weight related and others maybe so. I have dealth with sciatica, pulled a bunch of muscles at work when I was a teacher and was diagnosed with a herniated L4/L5 disc in 2002.....which amazingly has been quiet. This was called a mild lower back sprain. I love the thermacare heat wraps to loosen me up. I do ice it. I have muscle relaxants for when it's too much at night, and generally I am ok with a few Advil and moving throughout the day. But lordy I am a stubborn one.

Tonight at WW our leader shared a great little mini-story...as she discussed road blocks and detours on our road to weight loss.

Ypu go down the same road every day. There is a large hole in the middle of the road. On the first day you fall into it, are confused and lost and take forever to get out. The second day is the same. On the third day, you take the same road, fall into the hole again, but this time you saw where you were going and got right out of the hole. On the 4th day you walk around the hole...and on the 5th day you take a different road. As we go down our roads, we need to keep our eyes open for road blocks, potholes, and make sure that we don't run out of gas (motivation). Don't be afraid to take a detour if the road ahead looks hazardous. Consult a map if you need to. Ask for directions..and by all means...keep your engines tuned up \

LUAN...if you'd ever like to grab a coffee or anything...give a yell. I live in the Valley and work not far from Burbank.

Nighty Night...
Old 03-13-2008, 04:15 AM   #78  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Julie - im a little farther south in Long Beach actually, but i would love to meet up sometime!! i dont mind a drive to the valley
Old 03-13-2008, 06:33 AM   #79  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

ok stopping in quickly while trying to add yesterday's food to TDP!!! Dag blasted thing wont load!!! grrrrrrr

just wanted to say I was OP on food & water......however need to boost up the exercise!

Overall good day yesterday & hoping for a good day today!

ttyl
Bernice
Old 03-13-2008, 07:27 AM   #80  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning,
Well I woke up all stopped up again. I get so tired of sinus issues. Today I even feel tight in my chest. Hopefully I wont get it as bad as daughter had it. I started feeling bad yesterday afternoon with a sore throat and had potatoe soup for dinner.
I put on a pair of sweatpants that I never wore because they were like a second skin and short. Well today they are kinda long and baggy. Yah!!
I cant tell much scale wise right now but i sure can in my clothing.
We hit 70 yesterday..what a nice change from all the cold and snow!!
If it gets that warm today Im going to take the little ones I keep out to play. I heard that i might be getting the one that was sick back today. Guess I will see how my days goes.
Everyone have a wonderful day.Eat healthy and exercise and drink that water
Old 03-13-2008, 09:47 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning all....

Just catching up on reading the posts..Welcome to those whom are new.

Hubby and my oldest son are in Alabama visiting his sister. While I know they are having a blast..I am not. I really really think i am suffering from something..lol..depression I am sure. Not just cause he will be gone a week but just everything going on in my life. So I have decided that I need to go to counceling. I went a few years back..well when I was 27 so that was 8 years ago and was able to free myself from the grasp of my mother. But with my grandparents who raised me both being gone, raising my cousin for 2 years while his mother is in prison, my brother moving in with us, and life in general, I think I just need a tune up. LOL

Sometimes i wish I could take all my emotions roll put them in a bag..and set them at the curb to be picked up by the trash man...but then life would be a bit boring.

Toodles ladies...hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:23 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

Hello everyone. .. Trying to catch up on everyone's post...
Well my doctors appt went well. On his scale I weigh 276!!! I am 1 pound shy of the 16 pound goal. I am not going to cry over it. He was happy with my progress and so am I. I just wish my scale weighed the same as his. I am going to keep track of both numbers though and he said I could come in every 4 months instead of 3.

BTW we have started the paperwork on the house we want. It is scarey buying a house right now in this market. It is the 3 level house I was describing the other day. We have gotten it for a pretty nice price.

I will catch up more later.

Tina
Old 03-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #83  
I ate it

Luan:

I am also down for a drive south...I was in Torrance/Palos Verdes all weekend For some reason I thought I remembered you working or going to school near Hollywood...maybe I am wrong...it's early in the morning.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sharon: I love the sound of your craft day. Glad you enjoyed it so much.

Julee: Hope your back is better very soon. Congrats on the weigh in!

Worthapenny: Thanks

Debbie: I hope that you are able to do all the things that you want with the cooking thing.

Wendy: feel better soon. I would love some more info on the stability ball.

Anne: Thanks

Rat: Hugs

Sandy: I got your email address and will try to email you soon. My home computer has a virus and I'm afraid to email you from home because I don't want to send a virus so, it may be a while until my computer is fixed. I called someone to come fix it but they don't have an appointment yet for me.

Angie: Hugs

Luan: Thanks sweetie

Carol: have a great day.

Battle: Hugs to you.

Betty: Welcome

Nancy: So glad that you are enjoying your dates out with your new friend.

Bernice: Have a great day.

debimitch: feel better soon

Tina: Congras on being only 1 pound away from your goal!

Cyn: Hi there.

I'm using my work computer and Hopefully I can check back in later today cause my calendar is empty except for intakes from 10-12 today. I just asked my supervisor if I will get paid out for my accrued vacation and she said no. I will loose all of it! I think that is a stupid rule and I may leave early today and tomorrow and use some of it. They will be cheating me of about 40hours of earned PTO. Oh, well.

I hope you all have a great day and drink your water, move your bodies.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 03-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #85  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Valorie- you said… (move on and keep trying. How many times did Edison try to make a light bulb before he found success??) I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE!! I have NO doubt that in the end, you WILL be successful. Just let YOUR “light” shine often. I believe in you and know that you CAN DO THIS! Hang in there. Hugssss

Zed.. I love your charm idea! The heart …the butterfly… splendid idea! Maybe your next one could be a little “chick” for 3fatchicks!

Carol - how are you doing?? Did you like my little subliminal message!! Oh I so want to get into the 2sies! I didn’t lose anything this week…ugg..no doubt because I wasn’t truly OP after that trip the Paula Deens! Yikes…I ate myself silly and paid for it with an awful tummy ache! I am back OP now and working hard to meet my goal before the end of the month. No word yet from you know who! Still praying for a miracle!

Angie how have you been? It must be a scary thing to find out you are pre-diabetic especially after having a family member die from those complications. The good news is that you can do something about it. I am sending you strength through this post..and prayers that you will find the answers asap and get your plan in progress. When I started on my Nutritional Take In…back in Jan. the first thin I did was look at and track my sugars. I read so much about how eating low fat or fat free was not working for most people with a weight issue, but that eating less than 50 grams of sugar a day I believe has been essential to me losing 39 pounds. ( I try to average about 30-35 grams a day)

Tina- OMG….how exciting to be buying your new house!! KUDOS to you!!

Ratkitten…HUGS to you…I am praying for you that you can find peace within…I wish that you could look into the mirror and see the beautiful soul that you are.

Cyn- sending hugs your way and hoping that if you do go to counseling, that it is effective for you. Know that you are doing the Lord’s work….Matthew 25:40 “Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” And remember also… 2 Thessalonians 3:13 … But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing. I know that it must be difficult for you…but I also know that somewhere inside, of YOU…there is that amazing special lady that God obviously trusts because He has assigned you so much of His work to do. Focus on Him…and He will see you through. God Bless You.

Sandra- I wish that you lived closer to me…we’d just tackle this together! You have always been such an inspiration to me with your vast knowledge …I declare I think you could write a book about what do to do be successful…and it would be a huge best seller! I wish that you could impart some of that information and apply it to yourself! I had a thought…maybe, you could go “start” anew…I remember when I first decided to start this Nutritional Take In…It was in Dec…and I was so excited. I started gathering information and then on Jan. 8th, 2008, I began this journey. I had zeal and commitment and excitement. Maybe if you can go back and find that energy that it seems we all have when we begin, when we just get back to the basics…maybe that would help you get back on track…and get your desire and yearning to becoming a better YOU… back in your bloodstream. I believe in you. I KNOW you can do this.

Sandy – you said… If a man is worth anything, he'll accept you and love you for who you are. …WOW….that is so true! I hope that all is well with you. (.25 is a whole stick of butter you don’t have to lose again)…I will REMEMBER that…I will never look at stick of butter the same!! hahahahaha

Catherine I imagine all the people will be surprised to see the beams glow with “pride” What a wonderful thing you are doing! Your spirit just “shines” through your posts all the time! Your posts always either make me smile, laugh or be thankful. Thank YOU.

Cuckoo and Earthshaker - I’m Looking foward to getting to know you…post as often as you can. This is a great site with tons of knowledge and FABULOUS ladies!

DMPLS – I know I said it before, but I just love your new pic on your avatar! LOVE THOSE DIMPLES!! Thanks for the cranberry tip! And the BErNICE! Made me smile! I love drinking water. I never have any problem getting my water in daily. I guzzle tons while working out and after working out. Have you tried the Splenda packets you an add to water…I love to mix one Raspberry and one Lemonade in one bottle of water. I don’t care for any other non-sugar sweetener except Splenda. Maybe you can try those little packets. KUDOS…for reaching your goal early!! That is such a wonderful accomplishment…I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!

Luan – I know what you mean about being busy! Glad to see you back. We missed you!

Nancy – oooooooh I am so excited for you dating. I remember when after my divorce, and for about 2-3 years, I thought I would always feel that way….I gained about 80 pounds after my divorce over the course of the 3 years…and that of course added to my frustration. I never had any trouble getting a date. I had trouble allowing myself to accept the attention in the way of opening myself to the possibility of being loved again. I would date a few times, then retreat, being scared to trust. I was refusing to make myself vulnerable. I would say things like I don’t need a man to take care of me, I can take care of myself! Then one day I met Nigel. He was persistent. He never gave up on getting me to tear down that jaded wall. So I put my trust in the Lord, and said, OK Lord, I will do it your way. I will learn to let someone love me again. I will allow someone to love ME. (even though I thought how could someone love me when I am 150 pounds overweight??) Now…2 years later, we are happily married. I discovered how wonderful it is to be loved again. I never had a problem loving…giving love…I had the problem of believing that someone else really loved ME. I guess I said all that to say this…Allow yourself to be loved.

Debi – I hope you get to feeling better soon….I sometimes deal with allergies and sinus issues and IT’S NO FUN!!

Annie - good luck on the new job!! I am sure it is the right move for you! Everyone deserves to do the job they love. I declare, you seem to be shrinking before our eyes! Another 2 pounds…KUDOSSSSSS to you! That is awesome! I so love that smile of yours! Keep doing what you are doing…you are amazing!

Anne - back to you! I declare that you are the workout queen! I don’t know how you have such energy!! I am still managing to ride my 10 miles on my bicycle…getting a little used to the route I mapped out…I did go riding on the beach this past weekend, and it is much more difficult on the sand that on the pavement. Good luck with your weight training. I recently purchased weight loss for dummies!

Sharon - I wish I lived closer to you, I’d just come over and give you a great big HUG in person! You have NO idea what a blessing you are to me and many others. Go back and read some of your previous posts…and you will see sunshine and moonbeams and then you can see the YOU that you are! Go back and look at yourself in that white top! Ooolala sexy! YOU CAN DO THIS. Now is not the time to get weary. We are all in this TOGETHER! Lean on us anytime time you need….we will carry you the distance!!!!!!

Julee – I know what you mean about being stubborn….I am pretty stubborn myself. I loved your story you shared…made me think…how the heck do I know that there is a hole, see the hole and then let myself fall in the stupid hole anyway??? Heck, sometimes I think I even acknowledge the hole beforehand, and then jump right in! (Perhaps… I think that if I acknowledge the hole, it makes it acceptable for me to jump in! Haha)

Penny – kudos to you for going swimming with your daughter. Nigel and I are just itching to get back into the pool. Its looks so inviting and while the temp here is getting into the high 70’s now, the water temp in the pool is still about 59…and CC-HH-i—L-L---Y!! Hopefully by the end of this month or mid month April I can be back swimming laps!! I am like a dolphin in the water! Like Shelly Winters once said in the movie the Poseidon Adventure… when it comes to swimming I’m a real skinny lady!

TheWalrus – so sorry to hear about your back problems…hang in there!

Debbie – YOU are one amazing lady…and SO BRAVE. I think it is an awesome idea to stat your own business selling healthy treats. wooohoooo keep us posted!

Betty grrl- way to go about the cubbies…great idea!

Wendy – ewww the flu….hope you feel better soon. I have been so fortunate to have avoided the flu all season! Drink tons and tons of water!

cheeriooooo
rainbowsmiles
Old 03-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #86  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

RAINBOW- Thanks for the vote of confidence. I seem to be getting something of a grip again - finally.
SHARON - Gabes says the invitation stands! Come on over and visit!
ANNIE- Good luck, best wishes and prayers on getting that new job. This job may have been what you needed at the time to get out there and back to work, but I'll be so glad to know your outa there, as miserable as they've made you! Hey, I weighed in at 282 this morning - same as your ticker, so I'll try hard to catch some of your momentum for the rest of the trip down. You're doing So incredibly well!!
LUAN - Good to see you back!

EVERYONE - I missed the first part of the water challenge. Bravo to those working on that, and CHEERS!

Rode Gabe last night - along one wall of the indoor arena there's a wooden door/window above our heads. Just as we were standing under it, the horse in that stall banged it hard, popping it open. Gabe jumped and did a half spin sideways - just the sort of move that I've always been terrified he'd make and dump me. But I just reacted with an "Eeeeasy" and he stopped immediately after the first jump. And YES! I stayed on - far more easily than I would have expected to. We've come a long way, baby! Every ride we're more in sync, and every day I can just hardly wait until the next ride. I used to have to gather my courage and even MAKE myself ride. It's so different now, and getting better. That cake in the next office over? I need only ask myself if I'd rather eat cake, or ride well? Now, I feel like I have this purpose waiting for me, and the cake isn't sounded so good anymore. One day at a time....
Old 03-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #87  
I ate it

Rainbow: That's such a good point about acknowledging the hole and giving ourselves permission to jump in. That's what happens a lot...we go OP once...and then look down the road and see more obstacles...a party, a birthday, a potluck at the office...and instead of seeing our goal at the end, we just see the road blocks and use tham as reasons to stay in the hole!! We are always our own worst saboteurs, aren't we?

I have a very long weekend of work ahead. I may leave early today and hit Bed Bath & Beyond. I think I'm redoing my closet this Saturday while DH is geeking out at the comic book convention in LA.

Smiles....
Old 03-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Angie, hey girl, don't panic. I was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of years ago. You just have to watch your carb intake. As you lose weight and get into exercise (which helps tremendously), your numbers will go down. Just take it easy, plan out your meals, and you'll be ok.

Sandy, I miss that show too. It was really good. I'm just glad the lady that played Amy is on another program now. I miss Tyne Daly though. You never hear of her anymore. And thanks so much for the offer to help me with my proposal.
Yep, get rid of the candy bars.....deadly stuff

Carol, thank you too for the offer to help me. I don't have a clue to what a proposal even is. Did you get all your calories in yesterday?

Battle, I get lost too. And it takes a while to get that feeling for why we're doing this in the first place. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

betty grrl, that's a great idea! Now go drink your water!!

Nancy, it's so hard to have patience in romance. Just take it slow and easy and enjoy the ride.

Catherine, Have a good rest. You certainly deserve it.

Julee on the 1.8 lbs gone.

Bernice, Way to go!!

Debi, hope you get to go out and enjoy the sunshine. Take care of yourself too.

Cyn, I hope you find the help you need. It's so hard to deal with life as it is, and then with all the extra, it can be daunting.

Tina, that's great news on the house. Good luck.

Annie, I don't understand, if you earned it, how can they not pay you for it?

Valerie, so you finally had to face your fear of Gabe throwing you....AND YOU MADE IT!!! That is just awesome! I'm so happy for you and Gabe.

I sent some of my banana muffins into Jim's work for the guys to try. They liked them for the most part, but one guy said they need more sugar. LOL. I had to laugh because Jim didn't tell them what was in them. I might have to tweak it a little more to give them a bit more of a sweet taste. Now I just have to start coming up with some more recipes. At the Farmer's Market that we will sell out, one lady sells coffee. So I'm trying to think of things that will compliment coffee. The muffins would be a start.
Ok, gotta go drink water and figure out some stuff.
Have a good day
Debbie
Old 03-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

So far so good today. I had a nice walk that got my heart rate up in the morning. I made sure to plan on lots of protein for the day because I do best when eating a lot of protein and fiber. As of now, I'm feeling like I can get through this day and stay on plan. Yesterday I managed to stay at my previous high calorie limit, which is something. Today I'm trying for my newer limit of 1800 calories.

Looking in the mirror and feeling the fit of my clothes, I can tell that I've put back on some weight. The last 10 lbs. lost made a big difference in my face, and it's back being puffier again. I don't know when I will weigh again, but probably soon.

Thanks for all your words of support. I don't know what I'd do without all of you. Being here during the ups is great, but sticking around during the struggles has proven to be just as valuable.

Luan: Nice to see you again.

Julee: Congrats on your loss! I like the story about the roadblocks and potholes. There is a lot to think about in the way we approach our eating choices.

Bernice: Great job staying on plan. Yay!

Debimitch: Great NSV with the sweatpants. It's nice to see the progress in the way the clothes fit.

Sharon: I know you can do this! It wasn't long ago you were reporting a good week. Let's try for another one.

Cyn: Counseling sounds like a good idea. It will give you a chance to step back and figure out how to take good care of yourself. I'm a big fan of using every resource available to help with my problem areas.

Tina: Congrats on reaching your 16 lb goal! Good luck with the house purchase. This is an excellent time to buy.

Annie: I can't believe your employer is cheating you out of vacation. Leaving seems like the best thing to do for your sanity.

Rainbow: Thank you for your kind words. Also you give me hope, having found a good guy like Nigel. Nigel is one of my favorite names.

Angie: I'm sorry to hear you're in the danger zone with diabetes. I know you can turn it around. For me, vanity was never enough of a reason to lose weight long term, but things changed when I could feel my health slipping away.

Catherine: It's great that you are contributing the way you are at the church. It's good for you, it's good for them.

Debbie: Good for you! I know you've got the entrepreneurial spirit and I love it. I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Valerie: I love reading about you and Gabe, and your adventures. When I can frame my choices in terms of the things I can do by being smaller, it helps. Being able to ride Gabe is much more important than a cupcake.

Hi and hugs to everyone else.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #90  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hi everyone.
It's been a very rough day. Problems at work again with the same witch as before. Then issues with Abby at school. Not so much academics, but socially.
She's been very moody at home and at school. Her teacher thinks it's mostly hormones, but who knows. I hope that's all cuz she is INDEED moody.
And she's getting a cute little figure and losing the baby-ness in her face.
And, she's getting boy crazy....and writing notes crazy.
It'll be really good for her and I to go to Alabama next month just the two of us.
I must be pmsing cuz I'm right there with ya Battle. I want naughty food SO bad. I caved in today again, but am counting my success with drinking water.
I'm really upset this evening cuz of all the stuff at work, Abby's school and dealing with my sister's about my mom's business. My oldest sis won't be coming to Alabama after all, so it's just me and my younger sister. That won't be fun.
I'm gonna get off here so I don't take the chance in bringin' y'all down.
Sorry no personals.
Hugs to all
San
Closed Thread