3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again #1114 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/117293-300-ready-try-again-1114-a.html)

going to lose 200 07-13-2007 09:38 AM

morning everyone

just popping in. weighed in this morning. down another 2.5 this week. slowly slowly slowly it is dropping again. I promise myself RIGHT NOW... I will be good this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather 07-13-2007 09:43 AM

Lots of busy chickies!!!

I just wanted to call out a WELCOME to all the new and returning chickies!! It sounds like a number of peopel are struggling lately (though that is often the case).

I don't have any miracle answers, but I will say that you only really fail if you give up. Keep coming back, keep trying. If you keep falling off your plan, try to ask yourself WHY it isn't working!

Also, just a call out to remind everyone of our exercise thread! Want to get healthier AND help others?? Join the exercise thread!! We are trying to exercise 200,000 minutes this year. Yes, you heard me: 200,000 minutes!! That's a lot of minutes! And we are on track but still need help! (as I anticipate our exercise will fall off a bit in November/December). If you want to learn more, check out the exercise thread stickied at the top of the page!!

For me, making a commitment to exercise a certain amount each month really helps! Others don't like to set goals, but still add to the group total: whatever works for you!!!

dogpal 07-13-2007 09:43 AM

:wave: Morning Friends,
SJ: :wel3fc: This is an amazing place. Everyone is so encouraging and helpful. It is so nice to have friends who know what you are going through. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

REalist: Okay hun, you asked for it, here it comes :kickbutt: Now that we have that over with, here is what you really need :hug:You can do this! I know you can. I have faith in you. If I can stick to eating..... nothing but shakes since April 16th with a few tiny slips, I know you can follow a plan that works for you. Come on :cheer: We are rooting for you. Come here and read what others are going through and have to say. It helps sooooo much. ;)

Retep: :welcome2: Back!

Donna: :hug: Thanks for sticking up for me about those meanies. lol. Your new theater sounds awesome! I hope you enjoy both Harry Potter and Hairspray.

Well, If the pool is open today I am going to go for an early swim 7:30 to 9:00I'm not sure if they decided to keep it open or not on Fridays. I think they found a life guard but not sure. Hope you all have a wonderful OP day and try to stay cool for those in the HOT areas.

Blessings,
Annie

dogpal 07-13-2007 09:45 AM

Brenda: Huge congrats sweetie! You are doing soooo well. Have a great day.

Heather: Thank you for always thinking about all of us! You are such a doll. Hope you have a super day too.

Blessings,
Annie

MetaChick 07-13-2007 10:22 AM

Good mornin'! I'm off work today (and yesterday) so I get to be lazy. It's a good thing since I had my appointment with the Y guy yesterday and I totally overdid it. Didn't mean to, but I did. I spent an hour or so with him learning the program and the new machines, but we only did a partial workout because we were discussing this and that. So when we were done I thought I'd be a hero and do the actual whole workout. It is a Technogym system where you get a personal key to insert in each of the machines that tracks your program and your progress over time, so I wanted to see how it would work for my first full workout.

I hit the pool afterward, and I knew right then I was extremely exhausted because swimming is usually a piece of cake and it wasn't. So I'm sore and pooped and chastised, and I can't wait to go back in a couple of days when I'm recovered!

Lisa - I'm so glad you've had a nice loss. When you had your injury all those weeks ago I almost shared the cautionary tale of my diet several years ago that was was completey derailed by a serious tumble down the stairs and a resulting serious knee injury. I simply didn't recover from the interuption in my exercise and the disapointment of having having something bad happen when I was doing so well. I regained all the 45 pounds I had lost and went on to gain much more in the following years. You should be very proud of yourself for gritting through the injury, the recovery, the disapointment of having to go off the liquids for a while and finally, your gain week. You're doing very, very well. I'm proud of you!

Heather and Brenda - Two years! What a wonderful thing to be able to celebrate. 730 days of progress and changes and knowledge and experience and commitment. How fortunate we are that you share it with us. It's neat that you share the day. I'm jealous...I want an anniversary! I have only the vaguest idea when I started the diet that I eventually blew before I started the intuitive eating on February 14th. Anyway, Happy Anniversary!

Annie, you are SO CLOSE to 100 pounds gone! With your super duper weigh ins it could be any minute now. Yay! I was watching for any update about your call to your surgeon...did I miss it? What stage is everything at?

Catherine - hope your assignment went smoothly. I love learning, but I hate assignments.

Everybody else have a great day, and a special hello to all the new and returning posters!

Ratkitten 07-13-2007 10:42 AM

Just a quickie....

I learn the most from people who fall and get back up after life bumps them down. Please keep coming back!!! :hug:

Luv,
Ratkitten

Heather 07-13-2007 10:57 AM

Ratkitten -- I agree! I think when we're doing well, it's great to see and to share, but that's not the time we need the help most! When I saw that others struggle and then push on anyway, that's when I started to realize I could do that too!

Annie -- 2 years! yes, I can't believe how much my life has changed in that time. I don't know the exact date I started, but use July 15th (close enough). I hope that on Sunday (the 15th) I'll have a chance to jot down some anniversary thoughts.

jaxnlula 07-13-2007 03:19 PM

Thanks Everyone!

Annie: I don't know how you held your tongue - or how you return the next day. You are an inspiration. I would feel ashamed - who am I kidding.. I don't need a rude couple to feel ashamed. Good for you!! I'm going to get off my tookus and do something!
- Realist: You are not being pathetic. You are NOT pathetic. I know because I have been (and frequently am) there. Just be kind to yourself. Be nice to yourself. Just think - that 10 lbs. you lost could've been 10 gained. So just do the best that you can everyday and see how that feels. You'll soon be on track!

Everyone have a safe and happy Friday!
j

CatherineM 07-13-2007 03:27 PM

I'm still working away. I have to get finished today because tomorrow is concession stand duty at the FIFA world cup. It is going to be 37 degrees (that's around 99 degrees American) on the field, and they won't let anyone bring in even bottled water because they are afraid of terrorist attacks. I think we are going to be selling a lot of drinks. The lady who is usually in charge, is going to be at a wedding, and she decided it would be a good idea to put me in charge. That means I won't get to go home early like I usually do. I will be there at least 5 hours. I'm not sure she knows what she is getting into. I actually told a nun at the last football game that she was talking too much instead of wrapping hot dogs. Thank God she thought I was kidding. I don't make a nice boss.

NotTheCheat 07-13-2007 04:52 PM

Just a really quick :wave: to everyone. It has been a really busy and stressful week here. I have been in meetings all day - getting to work at 7am and then not getting home until after 10pm because of company dinners the last two nights. I feel pretty good about how I did with eating though. I had a few too many glasses of wine (the upper management of our company is Australian and loves to drink). When we went out to dinner I ordered scallops one night and fish the other. I had spinach with both and didn’t eat the pasta/fries they served with it. However, I stayed away from the chocolate completely!!! Overall I am really proud of myself.

Unfortunately with the long days I wasn’t able to get to the gym. However, I rarely remember craving it the way I do today. I can’t wait to get down there and zone on the elliptical. I have my book and my iPod and I just shut out the world and pedal. It really is great stress relief.

My best friend from high school is coming on Saturday to spend the night and then Sunday is my birthday. I probably won’t be online too much over the weekend. After the gym tonight I need to get as much cleaning done as possible so that we can just hang out together and not feel like we need to do anything around the house. I am hoping to go see Harry Potter either Saturday or Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone!

bodyTOObootylicious 07-13-2007 05:02 PM

Hey all… thank you everyone for your kind welcome and words of encouragement!! I feel a lot more motivated to stay OP if I know I have a place to go at the end of the day where people will listen and offer some good advice on how to stay healthy.

And a big hello to all the others who are just joining up at the same time that I am :wave:. It feels good to know that I’m not the only newbie who doesn’t know anyone!! :^:

Realist: Don’t be so hard on yourself! You’re not weak willed… the fact that you were able to come back here and own up to your mistakes in the past shows a great DEAL of willpower. Don’t give up!

Anyway, I thought I was getting the night off from work because one of my bosses told me I probably wouldn’t be needed… no such luck. I am currently trying to find an outfit that looks decent… no easy feat, I’m telling you! I actually bought some new clothes and I do look a bit better than I did a few days ago (dropping that water weight!), but I still think I look like a :moo:, hehe.

Ah, I guess it’ll be good for me to get out of the house… I’m alone here for the weekend because my family is away, my best friend is busy and my boyfriend is in Philadelphia visiting friends. All I want to do is curl up on the couch and watch The Hills… lol. At least I got to the gym this morning though! Turns out I’m more out of shape than I thought… I could barely get through 40 minutes!! :o I guess I should expect it to take some time before I can run miles again.

Anyway, I gotta get ready for work, but thanks for listening!

Debbie54 07-13-2007 06:46 PM

Hi Ladies,
This is a vent and sorta long so if you don't want to read it I will understand but I want to know if my hubby and I are being unfair to my son and dil. If you remember I told you they were moving back in with us because they want to go to school.

We told them in the beginning it would be $400,they had to go to school because that was the main reason for them moving in, they had to keep their bathroom and room clean, they had to get their dog spayed and help with yardwork once in a while.

They came over and then got us down to $250. This pays for their room and they get their own bathroom, food, utilities, including satellite dish, and phone.

They moved in with 2 dogs, and a lot of boxes we have to store.

They haven't gone to school, because they think paying for student loans for the next 5 years is ridiculous, so her mom is going to get them a job in the field they want as she is up there in the hospital. They never got the dog spayed, and they've been here 4 weeks and have yet to clean the bathroom or keep their room picked up.

We are saving them over 600 bucks a month after they moved out of their house.

Heres the thing, last night I told them it was going back up to the original 400.
Amy about blew a gasket. She said how can we raise it? They dont cost that much to live here. She doesn't understand that we take care of their dogs everyday, (they used to lock them up in a cage everyday while they were at work) and just normal wear and tear on appliances and things. I ended up telling them 300 which is only 50 bucks more. She wanted me to list every item on what we thought it would cost them to live here. The idea of them moving in was to help each other as we are a one income family and are so not rich, we live paycheck to paycheck and sometimes it doesn't even make it to the next one.

They aren't going to school, they don't help with the yardwork, they don't keep the bathroom and bedroom clean.

So do you think we are asking too much of them? They also want to save for a house but yet they are taking trips to Vancouver and going out and buying stuff almost every night.

Please give me your honest opinion. I know this really isn't the forum to talk about this here...but I need your opinions.
Thanks so much for reading,
Debbie

Heather 07-13-2007 07:13 PM

Debbie -- In my opinion, you are giving them a gift -- even at $400 a month! I don't think you are required to justify every little expense to them. YOU are letting them live in your house! If they don't like it THEY CAN LEAVE!

Nancy -- your birthday sunday, too? Enjoy! Sounds like you did great on those outings!!

SJ -- When my husband goes out of town, I find I have to get out of the house. I have a tendency to just lie around and watch tv and eat! Even after 2 years of "building good habits"!

BTW, if you're just starting exercise, 40 min is GREAT! I faded after 15 minwhen I started!

If you want some additional accountability and FUN with your exercise, check out our exercise forum! We are trying to exercise 200,000 minutes as a group this year. We are on track but still need EVERYONE to pitch in!

CatherineM 07-13-2007 07:33 PM

Debbie-I don't think you are being unreasonable. You can give them a bill that lists $50 for doggie day care, $50 for lack of privacy, $50 for being disillusioned about their lack of maturity, and $50 for their downpayment since they don't appear to be saving on their own. I had a nephew that went between me and my other brothers until he wore us out and moved on. Tough love says that you won't be doing them a favor by allowing them to have grown up privileges without the responsibility that is supposed to go alone with it. It almost sounds like her mom was involved in the decision to forego school and mooch off you. This is exactly the place to talk about this stuff. Stress and eating and learning to deal with one, so we don't do the other is why I'm here. Tell them that you don't have to justify anything. The cost is whatever you say it is, and if they don't like it, they can find another landlord. You thought you were doing something to help them go to school to help them with their future. That is what good parents do. Now they simply want a landlord who will clean up after them. If you let them walk over you guys, it will send them the message that they don't have to accept responsibility or consequences. You'll end up feeling bad about your son, your parenting, and your own self esteem. If you take a hard line, they may actually hate you at first, but in the long run, they will have better lives by learning to pay their own way, and with age and maturity, they will come around. I just wish I could make this stuff easier on you.

Heather 07-13-2007 07:35 PM

What Catherine said! :lol:

Tell them what some of these items would cost anywhere else -- like the doggie day care -- and soon enough they may see the bargain they are getting.

As Catherine said, you are trying to teach them to be responsible. NOT mooches!