3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again #1114 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/117293-300-ready-try-again-1114-a.html)

toofatforu 07-10-2007 12:47 PM

thansk for all the mind words. yes i do need to face the music!luckily i have that eating demon in control now and staying OP today and getting in some good housekeeping too.

Heather 07-10-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toofatforu (Post 1767824)
just wanted to say to everyone.. i am still lurking. trying hard to get rid of a few pounds i gained back and staying away from here cuz i felt like a fraud!

Oh, please don't stay away when struggling. I think that's when this place helps the most!!!

Ratkitten -- I have come too far to let some 100's of calories get me down. It's when the binge keeps going and the weight starts creeping up... that's the problem! One night, not ideal, but I can handle it.

So, I am sitting at my desk with my carrot and cucumber sticks to stave off hunger. I will take a walk to and from lunch. And then this evening (my dangerous time) I will exercise. And then, if I eat a few extra calories this evening, I will have less time to do it and will have burned some extra. :D

Take THAT, binge! :rollpin:

NotTheCheat 07-10-2007 01:19 PM

Deb– You reminded me of a great quote the other day, and here is one for you:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

I think you will regret much more not going than any possible outcomes of going. However I have been there too. I avoided seeing my best friend from high school for years because I didn’t want her to see me at my highest weight. I totally regret that now. Since we weren’t in touch I wasn’t invited to her wedding and I didn’t even know she had kids until recently. Luckily we reconnected and I am so thrilled, but I wish I had never let us drift apart. Also, just think that when you do lose the weight that then they can ooh and ahh over how far you have come.

I am just popping in very briefly during my lunch break. I am in meetings all week (ugh!) and there is a ton of food in the office. I have promised myself a copy of the game Jade Empire (for PC) if I can get through without eating anything off plan. I think I can make it. Luckily I bought the snacks and I got some grapes and freeze dried fruit, which should keep me away from the oreos and chocolate.

Ratkitten 07-10-2007 01:25 PM

Ooooo, your Mark Twain quote reminded me of another:

"A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."
-Grace Hopper

Luv,
RK

Torister 07-10-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratkitten (Post 1768163)
Ooooo, your Mark Twain quote reminded me of another:
"A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."
-Grace Hopper

I love that quote!!! It is SO true!

Xena...I can totally relate! This Fall is my 25th class reunion and I am not planning on going. I have not seen my best friend (we were each other's maid of honors at our weddings) inabout 6 years because of how enormous I have gotten. I don't want to see people who knew me when I was more or less my goal weight (never, ever THIN mind you, but athletic) in H.S. I may regret not going...*maybe*. However, a friends wedding? You should GO! Get a gorgeous outfit that compliments you and walk in like you own the place. You can do it!

Hmmm...does this mean I have to go to my reunion? Yikes...I hope not!!

toofatforu 07-10-2007 02:17 PM

wyllenn i love your attitude. and it does remind me i am not the only one struggling!its a daily battle for everyone!

Heather 07-10-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toofatforu (Post 1768262)
wyllenn i love your attitude. and it does remind me i am not the only one struggling!its a daily battle for everyone!

It certainly is! For some reason, it helps me to know. I guess because I see that you can struggle AND succeed!! :D

Nancy -- You don't want those nasty oreos and chocolate. I took a look and they are all moldy. You don't want that!!! :D :D

CatherineM 07-10-2007 06:07 PM

Debbie-Yeah, that makes sense. I was on my diet for about a year before my roommate at the time decided to start doing it with me. I didn’t nag or even suggest it. I made two dinner portions. If she ate it fine, if she didn’t, I’d eat it for lunch the next day. She was overweight, and was so close to having to go on insulin that she was starting to have kidney function trouble. Eventually just watching me made her want to try it. She lost 100 pounds, and has kept it off for 3 years now, and is no longer anywhere near being diabetic.

Nancy-If I worked where there was chocolate and Oreos, I’d be done for.

Zeitgeist 07-10-2007 07:10 PM

Sigh...I was having such a good week and then today...sugar/fat binge. Why? Because I didn't have groceries in the house and stopped at a home-cooked take-out food place. Dang..dang..dang. I'm sure I had over 3000 calories in nastiness. (and even worse, I felt like crud afterwards and took a 2 hour sugar rush "nap")

So, toofatforyou, I completely understand.

And ratkitten, love the Hopper quote. In fact, I think I'm going to write it on my refrigerator.

Xena2005 07-10-2007 08:07 PM

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and encouragement. I know all of you are right. I know I will go to the wedding. I just need to psyche myself up for it. And I need to make the best effort I can between now and then to lose some weight. Because I can honestly say that so far, I have NOT been making my BEST effort.

Annie - :congrat: on another 10 pounds down.

Ammi - Nice to see you posting again. :)

Nancy - Thanks for the Mark Twain quote. I know those words are true. The other day I was chatting with a couple of friends and someone asked the question what is everyone's biggest regret. I was not able to think of ANYTHING in my life I wish I had not done but I could think of PLENTY of opportunities missed that I would love to do over.

OK, let me tell you all how big of a nerd I am. A few months ago I pre-ordered the newest Harry Potter book from Amazon and yesterday got an email from them guaranteeing the book would be delivered to my house on the day of it's release - 7/21. If something happens it's not delivered by 7PM that day they will refund the price of the book. I am so excited to know I will get it that day that I am already planning to spend all day Sat. and Sun. immersed in HP. :o In fact, I am trying to reread all the previous books to refresh my memory of all the goingson. Well, obviously I can't read 6 books between now and then so I will skim.

That's all. Thanks again for being so kind.

toofatforu 07-10-2007 09:10 PM

xena i preordered my coy too i can hardly wait to get it !what a nerd i am too!

shadiepurple 07-10-2007 10:05 PM

Lost in my crazy world

Hello my sweet:Dchickies! My missing in action has not been due to off plan activities. I have been :ooff my anti-depression meds for 3 weeks and OMG have I been in a mood...ok many moods in a matter of a min. Prescription ran out, DR. wanted a face to face before giving me a new one, me with no time to call my own caused this time laps. I have been on these meds for 16 yrs with 3 different DR.s so it's been WAYYY to hard without them. I go in the morning. When I feel like this I can't interact with anyone. I don't:^: answer the phone, bark at the kids in short sentences and generally hide. My food has been ok, just a few bad choices but without rational thought.:dizzy:..stuff happens. I have put on water because, no meds...= no sleep..=no real rest..= no motivation to exercise ..= swollen feet, hands and baling eyes, stuffy nose from tears and not eating because I feel real fear that if I start it will take over. All this crap causes no weight loss and water retention and more tears and...and...and..Ok tears again.

:hug: MY DEAR SWEET ANNIE: I cry every time I read your posts. I am so happy for you and enviouse of the joy you must feel.:bravo: YOU ARE SOOOO :whoo:beautiful my dear. I have my moments when I truely want to get in my car and drive to your door to just:hug: squeeze you and chat. You better lock your door cause my hubby is working in Spokan right now and my insanity is questionable these days.
Some of you lovely ladies know my history about WHY I have 6 kids at home. But I also have a 16 yr old neice who had a baby in Jan. who lives with a FRIEND of her looser mom. Well, what I have always known and couldn't prove has come out. The ol':devil: F****** of 26 years old who was being dubed the FATHER figure is the baby daddy!! Well Child pertection brought her and the babe to me and 3 days later I had to give her back to them because she was having no part of being parented..they send her to another state to get her off their books. Police detective was not told and when she came to me for the update and more investigation was floored that the state worker never let them know they sent her out of state during a Criminal investgation...Can't wait for this to hit the fan with them....

:fr: Anyway, more stress on this crazy old lady. :stress:During all this drama, my 16 now 17 y/o son graduated a year early. I had a huge pizza party of 60 people for him. On 7/2 took him shopping all day 7/3 and waved good bye to him and our U.S.A delegates for the Youth Enviormental confrince in Hong Kong China for 13 days. He turned 17 on the 7/5. First (of many I'm sure) of his birthdays apart. Now it's 101* at 7 pm here. WOW when I blahb on and on it is a real book huh?

:censored: I am the worst chick here. I rarely write personals due to my own feelings of not having anything of value to say. :chicken:I really am not such a crier all the time but the other chickies here always seem to say the great stuff and most is what I am thinking anyway. Please forgive me and THANK YOU EACH for letting me pop in here and be the big ol' wet blanket. I am so excited for all of your stories and adventures every day i wish I had something to say that was helpful back to you the way you always make me feel when I am here.. I do read every day. Thank you again and Sorry I'm such a poop.:dust::kickbutt:

Misti in Seattle 07-10-2007 11:15 PM

Hello everyone!

Been a long day so tonight have been reading and enjoying all your comments and updates. I did put my festival album online for those who may want to take a look. It loaded them in backwards order so early morning ones are last but oh well until I can fix it. :)

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ek%20Festival/

Here, however, is the hottest new video of the season. :) At least for those who have been praying for my little friend Annie who suffered the brain injury. Check it out: Annie's New Trike

http://homepage.mac.com/gershonite/iMovieTheater11.html

Zest4Life 07-10-2007 11:58 PM

Hello everyone,

It feels like forever since I have been here. The BBQ this weekend was so much fun. It was a great time to have my husband's family and my family all together under the same roof (and we all came out alive) :D

The downside is I have not been doing so hot at staying OP. The BBQ was the beginning of a slide and it's been difficult to get back OP as I had originally planned. My main problems are these: First of all, I do so well during the day. I have lots of structure and I am so busy I don't have time to think about eating. Then I come home and everything seems to go out the window. Dinner is usually a flop and then I just end up feeling bad the rest of the evening or snacking more and going further over on daily limits. But at the time we eat, it is so easy to just give in to temptation.

The other problem is definitely exercise. I don't. I just have a really hard time getting moving in any form. I find myself getting self-conscious outside of the house like walking or anything like that. Inside I have an elliptical, but it's not a good one at all and only designed for weight limits of 250, and well, that's at least a few months away for me, so it's not that comfortable.

Okay, enough from me for now. Take care!

dogpal 07-11-2007 10:30 AM

Shadie: My dear sweet friend. A few things to tell you. First off, :hug: I adore you and hope you are able to see your Dr. very soon and get back on meds that you need. Many times over the years I have felt out of control and I do know what you are feeling. So sorry about the 16 Year old and the problems that they are causing you. I know you are such a loving person and it must really hurt your heart to have to see all this go on with her. I hope the police don't give up just because she is out of state. What a CREEP she is with! Oh, my door is Wide open for you to come anytime! I'd love to see you and give you a huge hug! Thank you for all the sweet compliments. You are doing so well and I know it must be a real bummer to be at a stand still right now. Don't give up my friend. Finally hun. You are absolutely no Poop because you haven't posted. I adore seeing what is going on in your life and hope that you come back more and tell us what you are up to. You do contribute here and you always have! We :grouphug: are here for you hun. Again. :hug:

Misti: I will have to go view the video later of little sweet Annie and her new trike. How exciting:carrot: God is so good!

Zest: I really feel in your post that you are struggling. :hug: I assume that posting it here you won't mind a couple of suggestions, I hope ;) Perhaps you could do some exercises in your house that are not on the exercise machines. I know where you are coming from about walking outside. It took a miracle for me to go to the park daily to walk in public and I am almost 2 times your size! Honey if I can do it, I know you can too. I learned so many "inside the house" type exercises when my sister was visiting. I mean, I already knew them but I relearned them. There are squats like maybe squat from one room to the other end of the house and back, lunge the same route. Push ups are a killer for me that I do three times a week. I only do 15 but those kill me. crunches or situps are a great one. I do 300 of those a day. I have an exercise bike I ride daily. Get some cans and use them for weights. Walk in place or for 10 minutes in your back yard. There are so many you can do sweetie. As far as eating too much. I honestly don't have an answer for that. I struggled with it for so long and the only thing that helped me is learning portion control. I joined weight watchers and MADE myself go even when I didn't lose weight. After a month, I really found that I enjoyed getting out and being in that atmosphere which was so supportive. Big :hug: to you and I know you can do it if I can!

Well, I'm off for my day of exercise and cleaning my house. I sprayed my shower down with cleaner a while ago and need to wipe it off before I go for my walk. Hugs to you all and have a great super op exercise filled day. :D

Blessings,
Annie