Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #31  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Catherine, again I am so sorry to hear about your previous miscarriages. Please, use this as an opportunity to move forward. There is plenty that modern science doesn't know for sure, even though they think they do. Hang in there and remember we care.

To all those struggling, hang tough. We can do this together.
If I get my butt on the gazelle after dinner then I will be totally OP for 3 whole days!!! I am so excited about it. Now, if I can just get rid of this leg pain I have. It's either cuz of the rain coming in, or it's cuz my blood thinner levels are still whacked.
Sorry to be so short, but I have to stay busy or I'll want to eat.
to all
Old 01-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #32  
Releasing the inner hiker

Very, very touching post Catherine.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:51 PM   #33  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Catherine - you are TRUELY an inspiration. I want you to take a step back (metaphorically of course) and look at where you are at from where you were. you lost 200 lbs. that is an adult male. and you may have a ways to go, but THAT is an accomplishment. You couldnt walk 2 years ago, now you walk everywhere you go. Please dont punish yourself for the miscarrages. Sometimes it is beyond God or Medicine and its just not time. I had a miscarrage 5 years ago and never had it looked into, because, well, i didnt want kids anyway so i wasnt much worried about it. at any rate, we are all proud of you, and support you 100% every step of the way.

Ammi - thanks for the kind words. i LOVE my new hair. its so fun!!

and i just have to say, to those afraid to go to the gym - seriously - no one is looking at you. and if they are. screw em. you are there to better YOUR life. dont let ANYONE discourage you from that for ANY reason!!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 287/307/170

Height: 5'2"

Dang ya'll! You guys have been just a postin' away all day today. Did anyone get any work done at work today?!

I have been doing great with my eating. I went somewhat over my allotted calories yesterday, but I was able to rectify that today by reducing my calories some.

I almost had a close call yesterday. I wanted a Hostess Cupcake so badly. I went to the local Walgreens to pick up some items, but my sole intent was to get that cupcake. Then I remembered that I would probably go to bed immediately after I ate it, and since I have reflux, I might not feel to good later that night. So I passed it up. Wasn't I a good girl!

I haven't started exercising. I am so exhausted with the amount of hours that I work weekly that it I just can't make myself get out of the bed in the morning. But honestly, I am not discouraged. In due time. The changing of the eating habits was the hardest obstacle for me. Now that I am accomplishing that, the other part won't be as difficult.

I found that once I started eating less it was difficult for me to find ways to pass the time at work or find something to do with my hands. Never noticed that before - hmm.

Luan ~ congrats on the weight loss!

Valerie ~ to be so lucky to have a horse. Please share more about this experience. Also, great start this morning!

Catherine ~ that was absolutely a funny story. It kind of reminded me of the time when my wrap-around skirt fell off in the second grade when I was running a relay race.

Regarding the babies - Maya Angelou has a saying, "When you know better, you do better." I really don't believe that if you had the knowledge then that you have now, that you would have made the same choices. My mother was a smoker, until she found out that she was pregnant with me. When she did, she stopped.

Plus, medicine is not always an exact science. I am sure your doctor is a great physician. But when trying to explain the unexplainable - especially when no cause has been found - physicians put together hypotheses, possible causes to explain what they might not necessarily know. So it's not to say that your physician is wrong, but he/she may not be right either. I say this because I just want you to find a little room to give yourself some grace.

Michelle ~ glad you didn't let that situation get a good woman down!

Flawless ~ are you the one who said you worked in a call center (I am too tired right now to try to find that info in previous days posts)? Cause I know exactly what you mean about that take out food. We order in a lot also. I've put a stop to my participation since I've started changing my eating habits.

Luminous ~ I am right there with you are feeling somewhat directionless. I left my profession about two years ago and it has been difficult redefining myself again.

Melissa ~ congrats on the weight loss. That's tremendous!

And to everyone else, continued to be inspired and have a great evening!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 287/307/170

Height: 5'2"

Catherine ~ I just realized that when I re-read my post that you may not have understood that I was making reference to two different posts that you posted. When I wrote about the funny story, that was in reference to your court story.

I just didn't want you to think that I was making light of your current situation.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #36  

Dogpal you are so inspiring with your exercisng! keep it up!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:14 PM   #37  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls and Nathan
Just checking in before bed. My nephew is here and it is his b-day so we are having a small cake. I am not going to have any but I did indulge a bit in some chocolates and the chips and salsa that he had for a snack. The salsa DID make me drink 32oz of water though *L* Anyhoo, I'd love to do some personals but time just doesnt allow. I worked a double today and another one tomorrow however on Friday I am off until Monday. YEAH!

Have a great OP day everyone....

BTW, Luan, thanks for the gym thing. I had been putting off going to the "guy" gym and was contemplating going on Friday. I WILL go now! Thanks and your Christmas card was freakin hilarious!!! I was having one of the worst days and was so thrilled when I got it. It isnt every day you get one that is personalized!!!

Ok now I really gotta run. Its late and 500am comes early!!
Brenda
Old 01-03-2007, 08:23 PM   #38  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

MOna LIsa, nope I am not the one in a call center though I do work nights with alot of girls in the take out food realm. I am a nurse in a rehab center then in the mornings I have another job which is way to easy to pick up fast food to go to different clients. my purse is now stocked with much healthier fair, whoohoo okay tooting my own horn today. Wasn't able to exercise as I worked 7 hours at one job today and then I have to work nights tonight so between the 2 I get alot of walking in but my food is still OP.

Catherine, I am so sorry to hear about your appt. You hav done so well and you can overcome this also. I have had 4 miscarriages as my body doesn't make progesterone enough. what one woman makes in a month i make in about oh 6-9 months. I have no children and in a way I can live with this though I am also spoiling the heck out of my new neice so maybe I am living it out in her in a way. she is 2 months old and so beautiful.

Okay I really need to sleep a couple more hours before work. Have a great night everyone and before someone asks yes i do need to work this much right now. I finalized my divorce a year and a half ago and took on alot of debt which thankfully is coming down pretty quick . So this year is a new beginning for me in so many ways. HOpefully i only have to do these crazy hours another 6 months or so. okay enough rambling, thank you all for your support here.
Anna
Old 01-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'9

You all are just on the ball! I don't know how I'm going to keep up with everyone's progress. Good job to everyone who is OP. You all inspire me.

I had an OP day. I got myself going after work and took a nice walk up and down the hilly neighborhood. Came out to be about 20 minutes of good cardio. I also wore a pedometer to work today. My goal for the day was 6,000-10,000 steps. Right now I'm at 10,467. Wahoo!

You all keep me moving!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #40  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Not as good as I would have liked today. Did my walk this morning, packed a good lunch…. and left it home. Couldn’t find the Subway and ended up having McD’s frilled chicken for lunch… and if I was in a confessing mood I’d have to mention a few candies and 1 cookie that were set up right outside my office door all day. Tomorrow I will take my lunch. Tomorrow I will not let the sugar demons win. They can tempt me, but as I’ve read in all your posts tonight, the decision, the responsibility, the power to just say no – is MINE.

Well, AMMI, I did go weigh in later… at 277. I’ll try to remember to do it on time tomorrow. I kinda want a starting goal for this year. I intend to be so much small this time next year, and I’d like to see how far I can really take this thing.

HEATHER/AengusIWMommy, hang in there with that video! Just do the best you can and keep on trying, and then suddenly you’ll think “Hey, this is getting easier!” I know you can do it!

PATTI, ((hugs)) on both your leg pain and feeling bummed about holiday weight gain. I hope you know you aren’t alone, and look at the bright side: This holiday destructo-chow we’ve been surrounded with is only for a month – LAST month. NOW we can DO something for ourselves to make the next 11 months (and 11 years, etc.) healthier. We need to look forward instead of backwards whenever we can.

Ms WYLLENN, sounds like your on an improving trend, better each day. Lead on McDuff!

MELISSA/FrogLady – Sounds like you’ve got a great start on that 15 pounds! Go for it. The worst that can happen is you have to bump your goal date back a hair, but you’ll STILL be closer to your ultimate destination!

LILION…. Thin, Thin, Lilion! Sounds like you’re “in the zone” and ready to conquer the I.M., the scale, and that little ‘obesity’ category! GO GIRL!

Hey EMILY MAY & ZIGGY! I’m just getting back in the swing here myself. The holidays were tough, but we’ve got 11 months before we can use them as an excuse again, right? ONWARD!

WOW, ANNIE! (Dogpal) WTG with the sit ups & biking!!! I’m SO excited for you. I know you were having a rough time and not feeling well, so I’m especially glad for you that you’re doing so great with the exercise. It truly does make you feel better each day. I can’t believe I ever let myself stop sometimes. Keep it up!

MICHELLE, I know things must be really stressful, but I’m still looking forward to this move for you. It will be great when you’re finally somewhere where you can get out of the house. You said Seattle didn’t you? They have such a great park system there, and there will be so many wonderful new sights to see and a new city to get acquainted with. I hear they have a city or shopping area UNDER the city near the waterfront. I’d love to go exploring there! Just think of walking around there. The more walking you can do in the house before you leave, the happier and better shape you’ll be in to enjoy the new town. I know it’s big and intimidating – moving always is. But if you can walk off some of that stress now, you’ll be glad you did! BTW, I think of you every night I look to the North and think of The Lights. I still dream of seeing them some day. Good luck… and get going.

CATHERINE, You’d better HOPE they blame those missing wise men on hoodlums, but I think after your dive and subsequent confession, they just might guess who the guilty party was. I do hope your eyes are better!
As always, you hit a nail on the head when you wrote: “I had a choice in gaining this weight. I wasn’t in a coma being force fed. I always thought I was just hurting myself. It’s not true. I’ve hurt people in my life, in ways that I will never fully know or understand. I have to turn my life around and start making more positive impacts than negative ones. I can whine and moan about it being hard, and that I’m trying when I know in my heart that I’m not really, or I can grow the **** up finally, take responsibility for my actions, and live an authentic life. My Godmother’s funeral was yesterday, and my brother emailed me that it was standing room only in one of the largest Catholic churches in Oklahoma City. She touched so many people in a positive way. That’s how I want to be. I don’t want my husband to have to rent mourners for my funeral, or a fork lift to replace the pall bearers. Today is the last day I will ever be this weight again.”
You will have many, many mourners, because I believe you’re truly a sweet person with many gifts, and you share so much. But I pray it’s a long, LONG time from now! Much of what you wrote applies to me, as well… impacts, whining, growing up, responsibility… You’ve touched people here – I’m one of them. Thanks for coming back. And I am truly more sorry than words can say about your miscarriages.

SANDY – GO GET THAT GAZELLE for DAY NUMBER THREE!!! I’m sorry you have leg pain, and don’t hurt yourself if it’s too much. I think it’s great that you’re off to such a super New Year!

LUAN, Has anyone ever accused you of beating around the bush? HA! You tell it like it is!! I love that!

BRENDA, HI! Great that you got that water in the other day. I have a new friend at work that’s my water chugging buddy. We call each other to remind each other to keep drinking. I’m not doing as well as I should yet, but 5 trips to the powder room, before lunch! is rather inconvenient.

Hi ANNA! Hi SARA! Keep up the good progress ladies!

Ooooooh, MONA LISA – Don’t get me talking about my boys. They’re my favorite topic! I have three horses but have spent the last several years on the ground, afraid to ride since my balance was so bad at 340 and felt sorry for the guy on the bottom. I’ve started riding more lately. I bought my dream horse, a friesian, 2 years ago. He’s 4 now, will be 5 in the spring, and I just HAVE to be able to ride him this year. GREAT job on escaping the temptation of the cupcake!!! I credit you with my motto of the day.

GET THEE BEHIND ME, HOSTESS! … And by that I DON’T mean get on my behind!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #41  
Michigan Old-Timer

STOP! Don't post here.

Join us at 300+...#1084
Old 01-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Wow. I'm a roller coaster of emotions from these posts tonight.

I'm am simply DELIGHTED by Annie!! You're on that exercise high! Keep riding it. <<<I AM SO PROUD OF YOU>>>

And then Catherine. I wanted to cry reading about your miscarriages and your thoughts about them. And then this:

Quote:
I have to turn my life around and start making more positive impacts than negative ones. I can whine and moan about it being hard, and that I’m trying when I know in my heart that I’m not really, or I can grow the **** up finally, take responsibility for my actions, and live an authentic life. My Godmother’s funeral was yesterday, and my brother emailed me that it was standing room only in one of the largest Catholic churches in Oklahoma City. She touched so many people in a positive way. That’s how I want to be. I don’t want my husband to have to rent mourners for my funeral, or a fork lift to replace the pall bearers. Today is the last day I will ever be this weight again.
First, I want to tell you that you ARE making a positive impact -- HERE!!!! I know this is some game we're playing where we can divvy up the positives and negatives. But I want you to know how much of a positive effect you have. From little ideas like putting your car keys in the lunch sack, to scissor kicks and situps, you show all of us, every day, how we can do this.
YOU HAVE GRIT, WOMAN.

You also are teaching us that the only excuses for giving up are of our own making. I know that I feel like I have finally "grown up" and am dealing with my weight, whether I want it or not. I have no idea why I let it get where it did, but I certainly am owning up to it now.

We all make choices every day, and if we want to lose the weight and keep it off we have to make the "right" choices most of the time.

Now, I hope no one mistakes me... sometimes we do need to put other choices above weight loss. But most of the time these are choices we're making.
Closed Thread