Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 08:58 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#1083

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Chiema--While Atkins basically restricts all carbs, South Beach allows you to incorporate good carbs in moderation (fruits, lean dairy, whole grains like brown rice and whole-grain breads and pastas, etc.). I did South Beach with some success a couple years ago, but I got to my demon weight (about 264) and stopped (that's the weight for me that I can never seem to get below).
Old 01-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #3  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Jill, I know what you mean about "demon weights." I've had several Mini-demons about every 15 pounds, big mean ones every 30 pounds.

Sorry to be behind -- I'm still not used to responding to long threads, but I love reading them

Wyllenn -- If anyone can get back on track, it's you! I'm glad you enjoyed Christmas. That's part of "becoming normal," I think.

Catherine -- I love your 3 wise men story (and I'm glad you're mostly okay). Could you send them to guard the candy machine in my basement?

Sandy - congrats on subbing the skim milk for the creamer. It's those kinds of small things that make a difference.

AengusIWMommy - 10 pounds less than you'd expected is a great new year's present!

Nancy - good luck with the move. 4 pounds isn't bad at all, if you're coming through a period of stress.

Sara -- Welcome!! Glad you've joined us. Love your screen name -- and your attitude!

I've stayed OP for two days, painlessly (no stress, working at home). I hope this week will set the pattern for the year. Not enough fruits and veggies, not quite enough water, but killing the Coke Demon and staying away from the candy machine are enough for me right now.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
killing the Coke Demon and staying away from the candy machine are enough for me right now.
I hear that Coke Demon is sneaky!

I bring my own snacks to work and manage to avoid the snack machine that way. It helped that I realized I would just wolf down the fritos, cheetos and cookies I bought without really tasting them! Bring something to substitute that you like!

Thanks for your good words!

Chiema -- WOW! Hubby coming home after a year -- you must be excited!!!

Jill gave the basic lowdown on SB, but there's a whole forum for that if you want to check it out. Lots of info.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:30 PM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

woohoo!! after 3 weeks of gains. im down .8! i will take it. its a start. my goal is to lose 1.5lbs a week til my birthday
Old 01-02-2007, 09:43 PM   #6  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Sara - to our group! Look forward to hearing more from you.

Sandy
- Where has your hubby been for the past year? Forgive if you've talked about it before and I missed it. Anyway, I am glad you will get to see him again soon!

Nancy - Sounds like you decided to take that room/job at the B&B. That sounds like an adventure all on it's own. That plus your monthly "adventure" days you are sure to have an interesting 2007!

Don't have much to report. Back to work for me today. I am really busy and ended up working late. I am trying SO hard not to let that happen but sometimes there is just no other way to get it all done. Another department is waiting on me to provide them some data. I told them I'd have it to them by the end of the day tomorrow but I didn't make as much progress today as I needed to so it's looking more like Thursday. It stresses me out knowing people are waiting on me!!!!!!

Food today wasn't so hot. First of all I left in a hurry (trying to get on my new routine of being to work by 8) and I completely forgot to bring the lunch I had packed the night before. Wouldn't have been such a big deal but I had an appointment over my lunch hour and did not have time to get anything to eat so I ended up chowing down on crackers and candy all afternoon. Stupid. Need to remember that danged lunch tomorrow! Should make tomorrow's weighin at WW interesting.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:03 PM   #7  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

DOGPAL – I played Apples to Apples once last year. What FUN! Hugs to you, dear one. You are never far from my thoughts!

LILION, BRAVO on your most recent conquest of the I.M.! >Insert Applause!<

PATTI, I wish I could take away that leg pain for you. Sounds Awful! I hope you’re better soon!

SANDY, sounds like you’re doing brilliantly! Nice of you to make that lasagna for those folks.

NANCY, I admire your wisdom and strength to do what you’re doing. I’m glad that you are strong enough to do something that’s really hard instead of staying in a comfort zone that you know isn’t good for you in the long run. No matter what, you’ll be a better woman for it. I wish the best for both of you.

ZELMA, my heart goes out to you. I wish I could help, but please accept my deepest heartfelt sympathy, and my warmest hug, even from so far away.

WELCOME, SARA! I’m in N.E. Ohio myself. Some warm winter we’re having so far, huh?

Ooooo, CHIEMA! Have fun having your honey home to chase you round a bit! Does he know you’re running a little faster these days with all those pounds gone? You’re doing great!

Thanks, WYLLENN, It’s good to BE back! I’ll have to weigh in and get my ticker updated tomorrow, but I’m SO ready to be back in the game!

Good job LUAN! What a great way to start the New Year!

LADIES, I’ve missed quite a few of you, but you know how tough it is to catch up when you’ve been gone.

I ate like a horse - like a TEAM of horses – thru the holidays, but today, after only one day back on track, I already feel better. My knees have started hurting me more than ever before, and I’m just certain that it’s lack of exercise and too much salt and junk… especially JUNK. If I even SEE another cookie I think I’ll be sick. I have a pot of VVC (Virtually Vegetarian Chili) in the big crock pot, and chicken boiling on the stove. I’ve thrown out the marshmellows and sent the last of the peppermint sticks to the horses. When the tree comes down tomorrow, the treadmill is moving into it’s place in the living room, and I have a pair of walking shoes stashed in my desk at work. Motivation? I have an awesome horse waiting to be ridden, my step-demon’s - I mean step-daughter's wedding to go to in May, and a healthier life to live from this day forward. AND! I have the most incredible support group ever assembled, inspiring me, leading me and showing me the way! Three cheers for 3FC! I can almost hear the PA system: “Ladies! Start! Your! ENGINEZZZZZZZ!” 2007 – Here we come! ….or, here we ARE!
Old 01-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Patty: So sorry that you leg is hurting so much. I had one last year and ouchy ouchy is all I can say. I don't know what part of Mississippi my step mom is from.

Aengusmommy: -10 is great! I don't think I have met you yet so Welcome!

Nancy: Hugs. Hang in there. Everything will be better soon and you will be able to think more clearly as soon as you are settled.

Flawless: -4 wonderful for you! Also, Happy Birthday!

Sara: Welcome!

Crystal: Welcome back.

Neil for our Zelma: Thank you so much for letting us know. We adore your lovely wife and our hearts go out to her and I will be praying for her and her family.

Alice: I got a good chuckle at the image your dog story stirred! They are something aren't they!

Chiemea: Yea for you! I'm happy for you about your hubby coming home. I would miss mine so much as I'm sure you have.

Luan: Congrats on a -.8 already! Off to a great start.

Val: There you are my friend. Okay engines are started. I too have a horse I want to ride! You can do it sweetie!

Ammi: Hi doll. Hugs, hugs, hugs, feel better soon.

Catherine, Jilly, Wyllen, Lilion, NightKat, Mellisa, Mechele, Sharon, Sandy, Brenda, Brandnewme, Lori, Colneen, whew.....Sue, Xena.... uhhh all you chicks and our one rooster, big hello and hope you are all op and safe.

Blessings all,
annie
Old 01-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Thanks ladies- seeing as i drank my weight in beer for new years (which is totally unlike me) i was really shocked
Old 01-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #10  

Patti, I agree with everyone else, sounds like sciatica to me. I had it in my left leg from low back disk problems. I don't recall ever hurting my lower back either, although I've had problems with it for years. First time it ever spasmed it about put me to the ground - in court. The prosecutor held me up while the baliff got me a chair. Thankfully no clients, just lawyers, embarassing enough. Anyway, it really can be incredibly painful but there are treatments short of surgery. I had steroid injections and that worked well. Go to the doctor if it isn't better tomorrow!

Zelma's Neil - Tell her she is in our thoughts and prayers!

Ammi - Looks like we're both back to 91, huh? But holidays are over - let's get to 100 together!!!!!

Valerie - Yay! Valerie's Back!

Later dear chickies - and where did our rooster go? Nathan - you still there?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:40 PM   #11  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

A quick post for you Lillion. I can best that embarrassing moment in court. I had a bad habit of pacing while giving summations. I think it helped me remember what I was going to say like a cadence. Well, once at the end of the jury box, I lost track of where I was and turned the wrong way, towards the jury, and went caddywhompus over the rail. Well, not exactly over the rail, kind of hung up on it looking at my skirt hem over my head. Why couldn't I have worn an A-line that day instead of pleated? I'm sure that I was only like that for a few seconds, but I had enough time to be pleased that I had worn nice unmentionables. My opponent actually asked for a mistrial because he thought I did it on purpose to intimidate the jury. I came out looking like an idiot, but did prevail. I think the worst part was the judge had been one of my law school professors, and I got stuck riding the elevator downstairs with him. Of course if the same thing happened today, I'd probably take out the entire jury rail, and a couple of jurors too. I guess he would have gotten the mistrial if I had accidentally crushed the jury forman to death.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:12 AM   #12  

Hey everyone-

I am doing horrible on personals! I keep getting so behind!

Thank you all who shared your experiences with mean people. I can relate to your stories as well. Some days I don't let the stares get to me. But some days its like I will see every rude person in town! I am feeling much better though today. Thanks again everyone...I appreciate that I can just come here and vent and you all know how I feel.

Nothing new here. Just been packing. We took down all of the Christmas stuff today. Oh and we send our car down Friday. We won't have our car for a whole month! I just hope it gets to Spokane before we get there.

Well I guess its just the time of year and everything but I feel like I need a kick in the butt! I have really let some medical issues and just laziness keep me from getting in gear. Its not like I don't know what I need to do to lose the weight. I am just not doing it! Story of my life I guess.

Well I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day! I hope to get personals in next time. Take care!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:04 AM   #13  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Morning Ladies and Nathan
Here is to another day being OP. I am totally loving this slim fast thing. kind of adopted the meal plans of medifast and it is working. I actually have to force myself to eat sometimes as I am not hungry all the time now. Such a weird thing and for me I am trying to keep my calories below 1500. according to my fitday I am getting enough of everything. Even have coworkers that want to know what I am drinking. My chocolate shake I have for breakfast with a banana blended in smells so good and takes me almost half an hour to drink, I think the smell is getting to them and they are hitting the vending machine for chocolate. too funny
Ah well, another week or 2 and I am planning on going in to the doc's and having my blood work checkd to make sure all is well, Last year ,my cholestral jumped to just over 200 and they wanted to start meds right away and I wanted to change my diet first. they agreed for awhile. I know why it jumped though, all that take out and delivery on night shift is a killer.
Have a great day all.
Anna
I know I tend to ramble but sometimes getting it out in the open helps me plan better so sorry for the long posts as of late.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All,

Ah bliss, kids are sleeping, as is Daren and I am awake, have had my breakfast and for the first time since way before Christmas I can finally write a decent post lol.

Yesterday was day one of being back OP and it was so much easier than I anticipated. It’s amazing how the body changes over time during a diet isn’t it. I found that I was actually feeling rubbish thanks to all the junk food I was eating and I could not wait to have a meal with vegetables again which I hadn’t had since the 26th! So last night it was chicken and mushroom pie with boiled potatoes, spring greens and carrots. Lovely

I still don’t feel up to formal exercising, I think if I started I would end up coughing and not stop. I am still not rid of my cough and cold. Thankfully though, at least for now, my mouth is so much better!

Sandy (Chiema) - wow that must have been so difficult for you not seeing your husband in so long. No wonder you are so excited about his return. I don’t suppose you’ll be reading this for quite a few days How long is he home for?

Xan - good for you for trying to keep off the cola and away from the candy. There was a time when my mum could say to me that if I just gave up both the weight would fall off me and I would get to a normal weight again. That was many moons ago though, now it’s not so simple, but I do lay off the chocolate and pop, at least until the Christmas holidays lol.

Heather - I haven’t been able to keep up with all the posts lately, but from the sounds of it you are doing well again being back OP I had no doubt you would be.

Luan - that’s great news about your loss. It’s always wonderful to see those numbers go down especially when you are just about fed up of seeing them go up! Well done.

I love your hair in your new photo by the way, you look so pretty too, that pic is SO much nicer than the Halloween one

Xena - yes you must remember to bring your lunch with you to work, that can be part of your new year resolutions too I don’t reckon unless the salt content effects things that any of what you ate will have chance to turn to lbs before you WI, so fingers crossed that you will see a nice loss.

Valerie - sounds like you and I are the same, ate way too much junk over Christmas and are MORE than ready to stop and get going with the healthy eating and weight loss again! You are certainly motivated, nothing like a new year to give us all the diet boosts we need

Lilion - so we are both back to 91 lbs lost huh? I don’t know about you, but I am fed up of getting so close to losing that darn 100 and then backing away again that this time I am determined to do it ASAP and then surge forward towards my next mini goal. I haven’t decided what that will be yet, but time enough for that while I shift this first 9 lbs As you said, we will get to that 100 together, we will have to throw a virtual cyber party when it happens arty:

Michelle - perhaps now that you will be doing without the car for a month that might help a bit with exercise and help get you motivated to getting back on track. Of course if the weather is bad you’ll be stuck indoors anyway, so maybe you just need to concentrate on getting the move organised and your new year fresh start can be when you are in your new home? Until then you can just try to maintain maybe so that when you do get back on track it’s not so difficult?

As for encountering mean people, try to think of it like this. You will lose the weight, you will improve your life. They will always be shallow, mean spirited, judgemental pigs! At the weight you are now you are a far better, sweeter person than they could even dream of being. So try not to let their attitudes hurt you.

Anna - well done on another day OP, and for actually enjoying being on Slimfast. I did the diet many many many years ago when all that was on offer was the shakes. They were ok, but I think that although it’s a good diet, it’s not one I would want to be on for as long as it takes me to lose all the weight I need to lose, AND it’s so expensive too. I love my WW diet, it fits both my budget and my lifestyle

Jen - I haven’t had chance to say hi yet this year, so How are things on the health front? Way to go on the enthusiasm to get up and exercise early. Even when I exercise at 8 am I spend most of the work out yawning I better never go to any morning exercise classes, I think I might end up insulting the leader with all my yawns

Missy - sounds like you have a more reasonable plan for the weight loss this year, and I am sure you will reach your goals Glad to see you here sounding like your old optimistic self.

Loving your new avatar photo, your puppy is just so adorable. If this wasn’t such a small house with too many big people in it I would love a little doggy like that. Poor thing would end up getting squashed under our feet though

Sue - how are you feeling now? Are you back on form where your health is concerned. Are you back OP, is the FFM on her way to you??

Annie - you won’t be needing any to keep you on track this month. There is no way you will be here at the end of the month moaning that you hadn’t kept OP. You are so determined, you are going to be my inspiration this year I can feel it in my bones

Patti - how is your leg today? My ex MIL suffered with sciatica. For her the best thing was to rest up and keep a hot water bottle on her lower back and butt cheek. She never actually did anything to hurt her back, she’s just suffered with the dreaded problem on and off for years. Are you taking pain killers? They’ll help a little too.

Heather (aengusIWMommy) - well done on the weight loss so far. It’s great that already you are feeling better. I bet you were thrilled to be sliding that ticker down

Nancy - good luck with the move and the trial separation. If everything turns out ok with you and your BF then this will certainly have been an adventure. If it doesn’t then it turns into a long adventure. Either way I hope you will be happy

Sara - hello and a belated welcome. Sounds like you have a good plan when it comes to your losing weight. Baby steps are paramount if you ask me. Too many people start a diet and go nuts, they cut right back on food, go crazy with the exercise then they wonder why they just can’t keep it up. You are definitely going about it all the right way and I look forward to seeing your ticker move down!

Sharon - wow seems like forever since we chatted on MSN. Things are always mad when the kids are off school. I hope to chat with you before, but if not I know when they go back on the 8th that my routine will get back to normal so more time for chatting

Hope you, Steve and the boys are keeping well

Ok well time for me to drag the tribe out of bed. Yes they are still asleep. I would let them carry on sleeping but we need to go out soon. I am glad I had chance for a mini catch up though. Take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-03-2007, 06:58 AM   #15  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hello Everyone, Just a sec before I take off for work. Two days in a row op.....I'm so proud of my self. I know, 2 days sounds silly, but....I don't care. It's a start and a good one at that.
Mechelle, I'm so sorry about those mean looks. Some people don't know how lucky they are to be fit. They think it's easy...silly people. hang in there and remember we all love you and appreciate how you're working on this journey.
And, it must be the time of the year. I was so bummed yesterday afternoon. I was SO tempted to be naughty.
I'm so sorry I don't have time to do more personals, but if I'm even a minute late, I lose 2 days of holiday pay. So, being the paranoid sort that I am, I leave early.
Hang tough everyone. We can do this TOGETHER!!
Closed Thread