Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #31  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

WOW i feel so old you all have small children and we are around the same age.......LOL i have a 17 (in august 06) girl ...16 ( oct 06) boy ....15 (dec 06) girl and my baby boy who will be 11 in oct 06 im 33 years old BUT i started very young.... im glad to see all of you and your babies and listen to your stories it is refreshing you can see my kids on my link below and just click on the photo album... GLAD TO BE HERE
Old 06-28-2006, 06:29 PM   #32  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey there everybody!

We've had some minor drama on the home front but it all worked out for the best. DS#1 is in summer school at his new high school, he failed a Geometry placement exam by 1! Therefore he has to go to summer school to get the advanced placement, ANYWAYS...His second day he decided it would be a good idea to show up wearing a white bandana and a bullet belt (*real but empty) Oh my...NO BUENO! He was asked to remove the articles in class and he did so, upon leaving he put them back on and was caught by the teacher who asked him originally...uh oh. I got a call yest informing me he was dropped. ends up the belt is considered a weapon and since the summer school courses are "un-supervised" he was just axed for "behavior problems." Needless to say, he was very upset. This meant he had no chance of placement and would be put in basic algebra (he's already conpleted Algebra 1) putting him a year behind his academic schedule. To make a long story a lil less painful , after I spoke to the safety officer (they do that here in the High schools) and had no success, MY 14 yr old son got on his bike, rode 4 1/2 miles to his high school and pled with not only the officer but the principal! He apologized and swore it would never happen again. After a quick phone call to his previous middle school Principal with him praising his academic achievements, SHE LET HIM BACK IN!!! I'm so proud of him for handling the situation! And relieved!
Mel~ I'm on that side of the continent and it is freekin hot here as well!
Karen~ Shame on you for cleaning that scaly baby! Did she forgive you?
Lisa~ Was your conference in the Opry land hotel? That place is freekin' HUGE!!! I've been a couple of times and always got lost trying to find my room!
Goddess~ I have a 14 yr old (obviously) WELCOME!! The more the marrier!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:28 PM   #33  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Hey y'all -- I just posted some before and afetr, well during pictures of myself on another thread -- I will post them over here if y'all are interested ?

Hope everyone is having a great day !!

Stevi - CONGRATS to your son for taking things into his own hands !! WOW -- GOOD FOR HIM !! You should be so proud of him !!

Goddess - Welcome aboard !

Lisa - Did you enjoy Nashville ? I want to go there so badly -- we are only about 6 hours from there

Mel - I did cry when I watched him get on the bus for his first day of "practice" Kindergarten Hopefully in the Fall things will much smoother for us !!

Karen - How is the little miss today ?

Lauren -

RR - Hope all is well
Old 06-28-2006, 11:54 PM   #34  

Height: 5'6"

Lauren, yeah Oregon is generally a fairly temperate climate, well at least in the valley, Eastern Oregon is a different story, gets hot in the summers over there and snow in the winters. But the valley usually has a few really cold days in winter, then lots of rain and just kinda cold days, and has a few hot days in the summer and maybe more rain and lots of warm days, lol. We had a really mild winter this year, no snow to speak of, and I think we are in for a HOT summer. Today was nice, in the upper 80's with a nice breeze. I'll take that any day.

Goddess I have a teenager as well, he's 15 and just finished his first year of High School. I just had my kids far apart, they are 15, 8, and 5. You'd think that would make things easier, but it doesn't!

Stevi, that is so great about your son!! I would be proud of him too!! My teenager is not at all invested in his education at the moment, he has no "plan", lol. But at least he passed all his classes, so I'll take what I can get!! He's had a lot of problems with school, he has ADD, and I switched him halfway through his freshman year to an alternative high school and it has been awesome for him!!

Norissa, today I had a class at work and my Mom said that Noah asked her what time Grandpa got home, and she said in about two hours and he said "yay!!" and how long after that does Mommy get home? and she said about an hour, and he said "yay!!" and when Grandpa got home he said "yay!!! Grandpa is home!!" and Grandpa said "why are you so excited for me to be here?" and he said "cause it means Mommy will be here in an hour!!" LOL. So, who knows what the school year is going to hold for us. I guess they all get used to it hu?
Old 06-29-2006, 05:26 AM   #35  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all...Just a quickie before work...K has to have her tubes put back in tomorrow after her eardrum ruptured again..SHe will be a demon over there!!!
Off to work, then to get a physical and then try to relax before sx in the morning at 7.. Wow...I prepare moms all day for kids having surgery and I have no one to prepare me!!!!
RR
Old 06-29-2006, 08:30 AM   #36  

Height: 5' 7"

Stevie, Yes the confrence was at OpryLand. The first few days I took the map with me, for that very reason. Congrats to your son for his courage to stand up for himself.

Norissa, I enjoyed myself very much. We went down to the Wild Horse Saloon for dinner one night and it was freakin' awesome. I feel very fortunate to have gone.

Well I need to finish taking care of my stuff. Talk to ya'll later. (I've picked up the tone hehe)
Old 06-29-2006, 10:18 AM   #37  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Lisa, I've never seen Opryland Hotel...probably just in a pic!

RR, You'll be fine, you've done this before! K will be soo much happier once they're in, i'm sure!

Mel, at Noah! How cute!

Norissa, YES, please post progress pics, we'd love to see them!

Stevi, Sorry about what happened, but how awesome of DS to take matters into his own hands and fix things!

Have a great day all!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #38  
Norissa on LAWL

OK -- me at my highest weight around 200 lbs (taken in 2000)
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...gAnch=imgAnch1
This was taken at Christmas time 2005 -- (I am about the same weight now)
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...Anch=imgAnch24
Old 06-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #39  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

MOM ....your kids are angels and you look great i hope everyone keeps the pictures coming they are so motivating
Old 06-29-2006, 04:42 PM   #40  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking Bad! Stephanie!! BAD!

Well, went to dinner last night at Outback and I was doing just fine.....until DS#1 ordered dessert... OMG the sundae he had was scrumptious! I had about 1/3 of it. My 2nd cheat. Oh well life goes on.
Goddess~ I have a few in the mini-goals threads.
Monster Mom~ You look MAHHHHVALIOUS!
Karen~ Are you still being mean to that lil baby girl?
Lauren~ Whats new?
Old 06-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #41  
Norissa on LAWL

Thanks !
Old 06-29-2006, 10:27 PM   #42  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi Guys,

Cassie had her first doctor's appt today. When did they start giving shots at the 1 wk appt? I was not emotionally prepared for that. I was crying with her. OMGoodness, the child wailed! I felt like poop. Oh, and she got another bath this afternoon. The girl hates water! LOL. I'll be glad when I can take a bath again. Then I will take a bath with her and hopefully that will help.

MOM: Great pics!

Right now I am so tired I am eating whatever is set in front of me. Next week I will start paying attention to what I am eating. I am just grateful that DH is home and helping out.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:51 AM   #43  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Karen, What shots did they give here?! My guys didn't get any until 2 months. She must be asking God why he put her in your family....bath torture, shots, more bath torture...what more will she have to endure?! How's BF'ing going? Are your boobs ready to fall off yet? Hope you've got lots of lanolin cream!

Norissa, Great pics! You've come soo far, you look fabulous!

Stevi, Think of it this way, you could've eaten the whole darn thing! Acknowledge and move on!

What's everyone doing for the holiday weekend? We don't have anything special planned. We'll probably try to find some local fireworks shows. Other than that just the usual cleaning. DH & I are both off on Monday, so it's a nice 4 day weekend. Robby's surgery is Wednesday, so I will probably end up home all next week, depending on how he does.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:07 AM   #44  
Norissa on LAWL

Karen - I know what you mean, the shots hurt Mom almost as much as they hurt baby Ditto to what Lauren said, no shots that early for my kids either Hope all is going well with you -

Lauren - Enjoy you extra long weekend, how nice for y'all I did't know Robby is having surgery, may I ask what for ? I will keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers next week --

Well today is DH's last Friday at his current job, actually may be his last day dependng on what they decie to do about his vacation time he has left - they are really screwing him around ! I just really hope that we have made the right decision about him moving on to this new position -- the whole job change makes me so nervous !!!

Lauren you asked about weekend plans, we are goiing with family to the lake tomorrow to watch fireworks -- my brother and my BIL (my sister is ticked ) have spent SO much money on firewprks yet again this year Then for the rest of the weekend -- who knows hopefully things will be quiet around here for a change !! LOL
Old 06-30-2006, 09:32 AM   #45  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. Life is really busy but I have been lurking. lol First of all Karen if you don't stop abusing that baby I will be forced to come get her! I am in need of a baby fix anyway since we aren't having any more.

Stevi, great job on the loss and kudos to ds taking care of things himself!! You are on your way to raising a great man!! BTW my dd is about his age and he'd be a great catch for her. LOL I'd love to see her with a guy like that!

Lisa, glad your trip was good and you are back safe and sound!

Norissa, you look fabulous!!! If I saw those 2 pics side by side I'd never peg them for being the same person!! You are truely inspiring!

Goddess, I am 34 and my kids are 14, 13 and 20 mos. You are certainly not alone here with older kids!! I started fairly young too (19). Aren't they a treat? DD and I have dueling PMS which ds and dh just love!!

Hi to everyone else and I'll try to keep up better in the future. LOL
Closed Thread