Old 06-28-2005, 04:45 PM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Lori, nice to see you! Where in NY are you looking, upstate or closer to the city? Glad you're feeling better. What's the matter with those Germans, not having A/C?! Good thing you've got a pool to keep you cool!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:03 PM   #17  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Lauren, we're moving upstate, waaaay upstate. DH's company is transferring us to the Watertown/Ft Drum area. DH's job has to do with supporting the military and that's why we're currently here in Germany. His company makes systems that the military uses, so he gets to train the troops and also support them during training exercises and deployments. He spent a year in Iraq and will most likely be going to Afghanistan some time next year.

I grew up in NY, went to college there and about 6 months after graduation I enlisted in the army to pay off my college loans. I lived about 2 hours north of the city so when we move I'll only be about 5 hours from my family and about 7 hours from DH's family in Michigan. We won't be far from the Canandian border and I can just imagine all the snow we're going to get. Told DH we have to invest in a generator.

We're finally getting rain here today. The first time in weeks. This is the driest I have ever seen Germany. Usually I complain about all the rain we get, yesterday I was complaining about the lack of rain and the high temps. Guess we're never happy.
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:21 PM   #18  
LBTEPA

(sigh)..... I knew it! Major false alarm on the scales - mine are back to normal this morning, but the gym scales said I'd GAINED 1.5kg WTF??
Oh well. probably ovulating (I always gain 2X month, in the middle and TTOM, lucky me).
Still, ran in my new shoes to no ill-effect and have entered a 10km on 21/8, yay
Have a great day
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:10 AM   #19  

Hi everyone, Lori, good luck with your move. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get offered a job in Upstate New York (Finger Lakes Region). I need the snow! I was just complaining to a friend that I don't know how to exercise in the summer - I need snow, wool and gortex to get my body moving - all this heat is knocking me out and making me a bit lazy. Plus, I can't take my regular walks - the mosquitos are killing me!
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 04:43 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Sorry I have been MIA for a while. Last week I had two finals and then my cousin got married out of town. We had other relitives that came up for the wedding and stayed a couple more days to visit. Things are finally getting back to normal. (Whatever that is). I just started another class too.

Must get back to work. Talk at ya'll later.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:27 AM   #21  
On my way!

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been around this week, the wireless was giving me problems and my modem was going haywire. I finally got it all figured out and wanted to check in before the holiday weekend.

The heat and humidity are awful here, so I've been taking the kids to the pool everyday. My two oldest boys left today with their grandparents for vacation in North Carolina, I miss them already.

No weight loss this week, but no gain either *yay*.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!
Smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:45 PM   #22  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Momadance- I don't know what I'm going to do with all that cold weather and snow. I haven't lived in NY since 97. I spent 5 years in Texas and their winters had me pretty spoiled. And now, here in Germany, we have pretty mild winters. I think I'm in for a shock, moving to upstate NY. Where do you live now?

We're getting another day of rain here, and we really need it.
Tomorrow I have a busy day. The kids and I are going to the gym at 10, a birthday party at 12 and then we're going to see Madagascar at 4. They should be pretty burned out by the time we get home.

I'm trying to potty train DS, he's almost 2.5. He did pretty good most of the day, but he had an accident at the gym. I took the kids to the bathroom so they could use the potty but he said he didn't have to go. So, after helping DD with her belt, DS climbs out of one the lockers and calls for me. I look at him and his pants are soaked!!! I forgot how frustrating potty training can be.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!!!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:31 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all! I think I got my exersize for the week in today. My schedule has finally slowed down so that I could go to the gym, however I had a visitor all week. (Yuck!) Today though mom and I took all the wallpaper off of the kitchen walls. We started at 10:30 and finished at 5:30. Now I just have to get cleaned up and go to Home Depot for paint and other supplies.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote