Old 07-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of ~~July 3~~

Hello,

Hope eveyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend. I've joined the ranks of the sick. Alex was sick on Thursday and Friday and I've had it yesterday and today. It's a sinus infection that has settled in my ears. I feel so disoriented and like my head is floating off. I hate it. And of course, it's during a holiday weekend when I can't go to the doctor.

Anyhow, I signed Alex up for a Music Together class starting on Tuesday morning. I can't wait. I hope he likes it.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:46 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Karen, I hope you feel better. If you have luck like mine, you will feel better on Tuesday when you finally do get a chance to go to the doctor.

This weekend my mom and I have been pulling off wall paper, priming the walls (2 coats - 1 day) and on Monday we will be applying the final coat of paint. I feel like I should have lost alot of weight, but probably not. (darn)

Well hello to everybody else, have a happy and safe 4th of July.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 08:06 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Hope everyone's weekend is going great! We had some family over yesterday and that was nice, don't get to see that side of the family much. The boys both had long naps in the afternoon, so it kind of freed up some time for us. Didn't get to see any fireworks, just heard them. May go in search of some tonight.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:40 AM   #4  
LBTEPA

Happy 4th of July to all you Americans!!
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:46 AM   #5  

Hi guys,

Still not well here. Ugh. My ears are driving me crazy. I'm going to the doctor today so hopefully I will get some relief soon.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:03 AM   #6  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Karen- I hope you are feeling better. I hate being sick in the summer.

Lisa- We're moving next month and the house we're bidding on looks like it may need some cosmetic work. The wallpaper and border in the kitchen is going to have to be removed. Its hideous!! It also has carpet in the bathrooms and the kitchen/dining area. I don't know what the previous owners were thinking. We're going to remove that and put down some tile. We're also planning on putting in some recessed lighting and finishing the basement. Its going to be a lot of work but I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully we'll get most of it done before DH goes to Afghanistan next year.

Hope everyone had a nice Holiday weekend. It was hot and muggy here yesterday morning. Then we had a few storms, thankfully it cleared up around 8:30 for the fireworks. DH and I were freezing because it got down to the high 50s and we were only wearing shorts and a sweatshirt. I had extra clothes for the kids but didn't bring jeans for ourselves.

I lost 2.5 lbs last week but seemed to pack it back on with everything I ate yesterday. I intend to stay OP this week and get to the gym at least 3 times.

Hope everyone has a nice week!!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:20 AM   #7  

als, that sounds absolutely horible.(sp?) I have decided that any house that I move into is not going to have wallpaper or if it does, I will have it professionally removed. My mom and I call ourselves the "Lucy and Ethel design comedy team", based on the I Love Lucy show. I don't think I would actually want to do that for my job though. Once in a great while, on my own house (or parents house as the case may be) is enough for me.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:36 AM   #8  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Lisa- I know!! I'm not looking forward to the whole wallpaper thing either. Luckily its not the entire wall, it only goes up to where a chair rail would be, thankfully!!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:31 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

LOL, Lisa, that's what my mom and aunt used to be like! Mom doesn't wallpaper anymore, since she's got a torn rotator cuff, but my aunt and I did my bedroom when we first moved in (at my mom's house 8 yrs. ago, not this time.)

Lori, I would rent one of those steamers like they show them using on Trading Spaces and stuff, specifically for removing wallpaper!

Karen, hope you're feeling better today! Did you get some good drugs?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:58 AM   #10  

Just a quickie. I hate doctors. I didn't go to get my scrip filled until Andy got home because I was feeling so awful. Turns out the doc gave me something I was allergic to. So I have to wait until today to get something. This will be the fifth day of clogged ears making me feel disoriented. I hate this feeling.

You home improvement gurus are something else. I can hardly get DH to help me paint, never mind anything complicated!

Hope everyone is having a much better week than I am!
Old 07-08-2005, 10:56 AM   #11  
No description available.

We moved into a new house last spring and have been slowly redoing different rooms. Next on my agenda is the master bath. The wall paper in there is sepia toned, very '70s, of naked women. Yup. Naked women wall paper.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:25 PM   #12  

Hello all. Still amongst the crazy here. My ears are trying to clear, but the process is almost as annoying as being clogged! I can turn my head and hear, then turn it back and I'm clogged again. And they keep squeeking (sp?). Forget blowing your nose. Ugh. And mine aren't even infected. Imagine the poor babes with infections. Now I have a new appreciation for the fussiness.

We got a new stove yesterday! Isn't it amazing what excites you when you've been sick all week! It's a ceramic cooktop, so it's going to be fun learning to cook all over again. I tried to boil cauliflower last night and it took almost a 1/2 hour. Can you believe that? It started to boil, so I turned the heat down, set the timer and left the room. Well, it was hard as a rock 15 min later. So then I turned it up to high. Never came to a full boil. I had to turn the DUAL burner on. Then it went like a house afire!

Midwife: Nekkid women in the bathroom? That would have been the first thing to go! We were lucky, the bathroom and kitchen had just been redone when we bought our house. The former owners did the work themselves, so the quality isn't top notch, but it'll do!

Hope everyone is doing well. It's raining buckets here today. I feel like I have mold growing on me, it's been raining so much.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #13  

Midwife, I argree with Karen. The women would have to be the first thing gone. I don't envy you for the work that you are about to undertake.

Karen, I hope you feel better soon. It would look pretty silly if you had to keep your head turned all the time just so that you could hear.

Hello to everyone else.