Old 01-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of~~January 9th~~

Hello all,

Just got back from a run to the grocery store. Whew. I hate grocery shopping especially when you are trying to stay on a budget. I've started making DH plan at least three meals/week and we do all the planning before I shop. I also do my best to estimate how much I will be spending. It's such a chore. If DH would eat more veggies it would be so much easier! We could have more meat free meals.

I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday! I'm off to fix lunch and get the little guy down for a nap . We have a party at 4, I think we are going to be late!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:09 PM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!! It has been a wonderful weekend...MIL is gone and things are back to normal..Almost that is!!!
Well..SD#1 came to me with AF issues..OMG..I forgot what it was like to start for the first time and then have to explain it all...Oh well..hope I did ok...

Karen--I am glad DH doesnt care about cooking meat or not..If I choose not to cook it, he eats cold cuts with his meal..I dont do meat but I try to do chicken/turkey/fish for the kids..We never have beef or pork..

Well...dieting is going good for the most part..I have to do better with excercise....TOday, we shopped and visited my mom..When we got home this evening, I realized we lost "Cat" that Ms Priss will not go to sleep without..She enjoys throwing things out of the buggy like her shoes and socks so we called Target and of course no one had turned it in..I drove back there tonight, and searched every aisle I went on today, and looked for over an hour with no luck..I then walked to customer service and they said "no" until I looked in the big plastic "restock" box and there was "Cat" at the bottom..I told the woman it was hers and she said that it was from Target..I asked her to check the tag and she would see her name on it with ToysRUs on the tag and sure enough, it was it!!! I think I can document 5 miles of excercise today!!!!!

Hello to all..I guess Lauren is giving birth now since she didnt sticky the thread?????????
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 10:14 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Sorry to disappoint, I'm still here! And believe me, I'm very disappointed! I finally put my ball in place of the computer chair, because I cannot stand the pressure anymore. I'm starting to believe I will be PG forever!! If I make it to my appt. on Tuesday, hopefully she can strip my membranes. I swear I'm to the point that if she suggested inducing by the end of the week, I'll agree.

RR, wow, I'm shocked that #1 came to you about AF...should we consider that progress, or just desparation for someone to discuss it with?

I'm off to bed, hopefully labor will wake me up sometime by AM!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:43 AM   #4  
No description available.

Lauren, I so feel for you! I promise that no one is actually pregnant forever!

RR: So funny about the cat. One of my friend's little ones lost her bear in a warehouse of furniture where they were shopping for a dresser. They had to look through aisles and aisles of unpainted dresser drawers before they found it.

I finally took our tree down today. It is dead dead dead and dry dry dry. I think next year I will get an artifical one, maybe even prelit.

Hello to Karen and Rabbit and Lisa and anyone I might have missed.

I am going to try doing the journal thread again to see if that helps me keep track of my food and exercise. Care to join me anyone (Rabbit, you are always so good about journaling)?

Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #5  

Hi again everyone

Still here and still doing pretty well. Not much else to report pretty much the same as last week.
Lauren I hope that baby of yours arrives before you see this post. I can't even imagine being that pregnant - all mine were inductions at 38 weeks thanks to gestational diabetes and BIG babies lol. I hope all goes well for you.

Road Runner - I hate to sound ignorant but what is DS and AF I'm new to these boards and sometime the abbreviations are lost on me . Also had to laugh at "cat" we had a rabbit that we had to go chasing all over down when my son kept tossing it out of the pram Some things never change he's 10 now and we're not chasing the rabbit anymore but he's still losing stuff, this week his coach found his baseball mitt in his sons kits bag apparently my ever so careful(yeah right) son threw it in there by mistake.

Hi Midwife
hi Karen.

I hope everyone has a good day (or night) still haven't got the timezone thing down yet it is 7:20am on Tuesday 11th January here).

Take Care
Amity
Amity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 04:11 PM   #6  

Hello all,

We were hanging out at the air force base today. I had to go get a sticker for my car. Alex loved the planes today. This is the first time he has really noticed them. He kept saying "Wow!" It was so cute.

RR: It's good to see you. Wow, you had fun finding "cat" huh. We are that way with cars. He has to carry at least two and most times three or more. Are things better with SD1? Ewwew. I hated when AF showed up. Course I was 10 1/2 . I wasn't ready for it.

Lauren: Ahh. I was hoping you were in the hospital. Hope things move soon for you.

Amity: Here are a few abbreviations: AF=Aunt Flo (period), DS=Dear Son, DD=Dear Daughter, SD=Step Daughter, SS=Step Son, DH=Dear Husband. KWIM=Know What I Mean, TIA=Thanks In Advance, LMAO=Laughing My A** Off, LOL=Lots Of Laughter. That's all I can think of right now. If you see anymore you don't recognize, just post them. Someone's sure to know what it means.

Hello to everyone I missed!
Old 01-10-2005, 04:33 PM   #7  

hello. my, I've been busy. But ds is gone, dss is gone. I put in 51 miles of exercise last week (played lots of tennis with ds besides my regular stuff) and my first home show with new business is done. It went well. Tomorrow I leave until Saturday on a business trip so thought I'd check in first.

I have to admit I only skimmed the posts.

But like someone else, my tree is finally out of the house and it was so dry. The decorations are down but not put up. (one can only do so much if they choose to play that much tennis!)

Lauren - hope you are feeling well and I suppose you'll be having that baby while I'm gone (I think my sister probably will too and I am usually there with her - sigh). Anyway, I wish you all the best and will be anxious to hear about you when I return.

Jen - next week I'll join you on the journal.

Gotta run! Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #8  

Ah some things are becoming clear Thanks for that Karen

rabbit - Hi, I hope your trip goes well
Old 01-11-2005, 11:28 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Karen thanks for the abbriviations. I had figured out most of them however there were still some that I couldn't figure out.

Amity, thanks for asking about the abriviations. Also, have you lost more weight? I noticed your tracker.

Midwife, I used to take care of children and I completely understand about "cat".

Lauren, be patient. I know that's easier said than done. Unfortunatly that baby will come when its ready. My mom first due date with me was April 10, I was born May 1.
I should shut up, this really is not encouraging. Sorry!

To everyone I missed. Hello

I again had to clean off my car. I am so sick of winter. Rabbit where are you that you can play tennis? Is it inside?

Well must get back to work.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:55 AM   #10  
Donna

Hello All,

I don't know who will remember me, but I used to post here regularly. I'm going to get back on the wagon ( ), and thought I'd come back. I haven't weighed myself, but I think I'm back at my highest also . I've been debating going back to WW or doing Dr. Phil's book, which I bought over a year ago and never finished reading. Right now I'm just procrastinating going out to shovel that white stuff. Like lpennington said, it's really pretty, but shoveling it get's old fast! But then again that's pretty much been my exercise this week. Currently I'm focussing on not eating/drinking after dinner. I've started up knitting and cross stitch while I watch TV instead. I used to do that 20 years ago (god I feel old) but haven't in a while. I could babble on forever (I really don't want to shovel ) but I'll get going.

Lauren - you'd just found out you were pg when I left. I can't believe he's due Hope your there now.

Karen - You sound like you're where I was several years ago. I found counseling to be very helpful and I never confronted my parents about the past, although we have a much more open and straight forward relationship now. The point was to come to terms with the issues within myself, so I could move on and stop my self destructive behavior. The trick is finding a counselor who is on the same page as you are. Anyway GOOD LUCK!

Well I'm going to head out since it's almost noon and I'm not dressed yet. Have a great day all.

- Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:10 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Tech! Soo good to see you!! Welcome back, we're soo glad to have you! We're getting a bit of the white stuff today too.

Yup, still here, still PG. Just got back from my appts. today though. First went to the hospital for another NST and an U/S. Passed again, of course, and they said the U/S looked great. Plenty of amniotic fluid, and he's practice breathing great. So basically everything is fine, it's just that he's getting bigger. She thinks he'll be a little bigger than Peter. Peter was 8lbs., 14oz., so this one is a little over 9lbs. At least his head, like Peter's, does not appear to be huge. I asked if I should make another appt., and the doctor said no, I need to have this baby...today!

So off I went to my MW appt. She said I am more effaced, about 50-70%, so that made me happy. Not much more dilated though, but she was able to strip my membranes a little bit. She thinks I will go on my own soon, hopefully within the next 24 hrs., but she wanted to schedule an induction anyway. We scheduled it for tomorrow night, 8:30. She said they will use Cervadil first, then in the AM (Thurs.), if labor hasn't started on it's own, they'll do Pitocin. If that still doesn't work, they'll try the Cervadil again. She said if I'm freaking out tomorrow night about the induction, I do not have to go through with it...because right now I'm very on the fence about it...it scares me, but a huge baby also scares me.

Anyway, that's the latest update...I'm going to sit around and hope that labor starts on it's own tonight!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:14 PM   #12  

Hi all,

Its a bright and sunny morning here and apparently we are looking at 37 degrees celsius here today. Its going to be a hot one. I hate summer when it gets this hot, especially when I have to get out in the heat and exercise lol. I told the kids I would take them for a bike ride today, but I think I might have to turn that into a swim. On other matters I have the distinct impression that my cat is pregnant which I'm worried about, she seems really small to be having kittens but I suppose it's my on fault she's an indoor only cat and I just kept putting of desexing her because I didn't think she could get pregnant. Boy was I wrong - anyone know anything about delivering kittens.

Lisa - No worries, I had a few of the other abbreviations but some left me lost and yep i weighed in yesterday and I managed to force another 2 pounds to leave lol, so in total i'm down 4 pounds now. Its a start and I'm really proud of myself. i'm not finding it overly difficult to stick to this time, a few bumps in the road but nothing that is taking me over my calorie limit for the day. In short I feel pretty good and I already have tons more energy and after a few nights of insomnia I'm now sleeping better than I have in years. oops kind of blabbered on a bit there didn't I.

Lauren - I have my fingers crossed for you that you go into labour on your own very soon. Inductions, while not ideal, aren't as bad as evryone claims. Well thats been my experience and I've had 4 of them. Things tend to happen more quickly but all of mine have been relatively uncomplicated straightforward deliveries. Try not to woory tooo much about the baby's size too - the US can be up to 0.5 off too. My biggest was 4.5kg which I think is not quite 10 pound and he decided he wanted a quick trip the whole thing took 2 hours from start to finish. I'm sure you'll be fine. Good Luck with your delivery however it comes around.

Hi Karen, Hi Midwife, Hi Tech and anyone else I missed.

I'll see you guys later better get these kids some breakfast.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:51 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi all,
Amity do you have to rub it in that it is summer there? If I could I would gladly give you some of my snow. Tommorrow it is to be up near 50 and then by the weekend be down near 17 degrees F.

Welcome Tech, where in Mich do you live? I am in Toledo, OH.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:11 PM   #14  

Hello all,

Well, I got a Pilates DVD yesterday (actually 2 of them!) at Costco and I did one of them today. Holy cow!! I had no idea I was in such bad shape. Even though I'm big, I've always been flexible. Not anymore. Even raising my left arm over my head while lying down hurt! Jumping jehosaphat!! I'm going to alternate the two DVD's with a day on the treadmill in between each. So hopefully I won't get bored. We had dinner at Chick-Fil-A for the MOMS Club and I did really well. I had a wrap and only a couple of fries. So I guess Pilates helped some!

Lisa: Sorry about all the snow. I'm glad it's you and not me tho. I hate shoveling snow. Especially now with the baby. I would have to take him out with me. Thank goodness we haven't had very much this year. Just an inch or so that was gone in a couple of days.

Tech: Hi! Good to see you again. Thanks for the advice. I don't think I will ever have an open relationship with my parents. There is a lot of stuff, especially with my Mom. They are of the opinion that they can do no wrong. Therefore, all problems are my fault. Oh well. Anyhow, Thanks!

Lauren: Good luck! I hope you are off having that baby right now! I say he'll come when he is ready. Of course, that's easy for me to say. I'm not the one that's so uncomfortable.

Amity: Ahh. Summer. I honestly like winter but I hate the ice and snow. I love having all the seasons.

OK, there's a bathtub calling me. I hope you are all having a wonderful week.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #15  
No description available.

Hey gals!! How's it going? I have been very busy the past couple of days and I really need to go to the grocery store today desperately. My main problem is when we run out of healthy easy things and then go get carry out or fast food (ugh!). So I am going to load up on lots of fruits, veggies, lean proteins, etc.

Hope you all are doing well, drinking lots of water, exercising, and making better food choices than I have so far today.

Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote