Old 01-12-2005, 02:01 PM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

A few Christmas pics I hadn't gotten around to posting...

The gift of the year!

Playing with some new toys

Checking for reindeer hoofprints in the woods behind the house!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #17  
No description available.

He's very cute!!! Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:52 PM   #18  

Hi all,

Pretty good day yesterday, I actually went swimming, I did 2 laps and it killed me i think I have to do something about my upper body strength. I can't wait for the kids to go back to school so I can get stuck into doing some more exercise. It's kind of distracting when everytime you get on the exercise bike or put the pilates dvd on you get a pair of 9 & 10 yr olds head peeking around the corner to have a good giggle at you .

Lisa - Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in I would swap my summer for your winter anyday, yesterday was awful lol. I love spring and summer for about 2 weeks until it gets too hot and the electricity bills start to rise thanks to 24 hours a day air conditioning Mind you its easy for me to say the lowest temperature we tend to get during the day here in winter is about 12 degrees C (not sure what that is in F) oops am I rubbing it in again?

Karen - That is exactly how I felt the first time I did my tapes and sore, my abs hurt so much the next day everytime I stood up it hurt , but I forced myself to do the dvd again the next day and I felt much better for it. Its amazing how quickly you improve, really. i can now do most of the tape with a lot of effort the first time I could only do about half .

Lauren - your little boy is absolutely gorgeous. You must be so proud.

Hi Jen and anyone else I missed

Better go get my daughter out of the shower and off to preschool.

Take Care
Annette
Amity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:00 PM   #19  

Good evening everyone........

Lauren: You have such a handsome little man there. I can't believe he is getting so big! I was hoping when I popped in tonite that I would see that you had the baby, but I guess not. I will send delivery thoughts your way. Keep us posted!

I am trying my best to learn all the newbie names here, so if I forget some of you, please forgive me.

Annette: I have a 12 year old boy and I can relate to what your saying about them laughing. Mine is a big practical joker. To be honest sometimes he drives me crazy with his pranks, but at the same time I'm glad he's the way he is because it keeps me young at heart. By the way, how many children do you have? Congrats on the exercise. I have been doing a lot of walking and drinking water, until today, then I fell off the wagon. It's time for my TOM and I feel like I am getting sick so I have just been taking it easy tonite.

Jen-I have a pre-lit tree and will never go back to having to strings lights myself. Hope you are having a good day.

Rabbit: Awesome job on the exercise!!!!!!

Karen: Sounds like you are off to a good start with the Pilates. Next time I go to the store I might check out some of the DVD's on them. This is probably a stupid question, but do you have to have much coordination to follow them, or are they pretty basic? I probably need to stick to an exercise DVD for dummies. LOL

Tech-Welcome back! I am fairly new, about 1 year to this thread. Feel free to join us and chat. Looking forward to getting to know you. This past year was bad for me, I lost my Mom, so I was not real regular at posting, but am going to try and get better. Everyone is so nice on this thread and supportive!

Hello to Ipennington & RR and anyone else I have missed. Hope you all are having a good day!

I think it's time for me to go lay on the couch for awhile so I can start feeling better.

Last edited by JackBlack; 01-12-2005 at 08:06 PM.
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:16 AM   #20  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello all,

Baby Robert James is here! He was born at 4:30ish this morning, weighs 9# 4 oz and is 20 1/4 inches long. Lauren said things went well and she sounded very chipper! Baby was having some low blood sugar problems but hopefully that will be all straightened out soon. I hope (if we get preggers again) to sound as good as she did 3 1/2 hours after giving birth!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:02 AM   #21  
Donna

Hello All,

I had a really bad day yesterday, I didn't eat most of the day and then when I started (at about 4pm) I couldn't stop . I know better but some times I just can't stop myself. In fact here it is almost 11 and I still haven't eaten. Well I'm going to post this then head upstairs to eat!!!!

Lauren - CONGRATULATIONS The pics were so cute. He is getting big.

Karen - Parents are always right don't you know that. It just does't bother me so much anymore. Yea! on at least trying to exercise, I definately need to get back on that wagon.

Lisa - We're in Dearborn, not too far away, in fact DH has been in Toledo for the last 2 weeks.

Annette - it took me a minute to figure out why your kids were home (I'm a little slow sometimes). I had a co-worker who moved to the sothern US and he said that the difference was you spent winters outside, because the weather was beautiful, and summers indoors with the air on. Sounds like you have something similar. I just hate the slushy, rainy snow, I wish it would either be cold or warm this up and down stuff is driving me nuts.

Jack - I remember you from before, you had just started, and your mother was sick, when I left.

Jen - Hope you make it to the store, I did that yesterday, it does help.

Well, gonna go grab lunch.

Oh yea, I weighed in this morning, not quite my personal highest, but close. I weigh 250 even. Let's hope that's on it's way down

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:37 PM   #22  

Congrats Lauren!!!!!!! Hope you and the baby are doing okay. I know your glad it's over.

Hello Tech-at least today is another day. Hopefully you are doing better. I have those days too, especially the last couple of days.

Hello to everyone else, off to do some office work at home.

Jackie
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:49 AM   #23  

Height: 5' 7"

Tech, are you now flotting(sp??) away like we are? It is 1:30ish in the morn. and I was just down in the basement using the wet/dry vac.

Lauren: Congtulations!!!! I am so excited for you.

To everyone else: Hello and goodnight. It is bed time.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:38 AM   #24  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Congrats Lauren..
Hello again Tech!!! MIL was sad to leave our 75 degree weather and head back up to BIrmingham!!Where else but here could U have an outdoor birthday party in Dec!!

Hello to all!! Stay warm and dry!! Off to work..running late as usual but I love getting there before 5am!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:59 AM   #25  

Congratulations Lauren and welcome to the world Robert James. I hope everyone is recovering well.

Hi everyone else

Rotten day here so hot and humid you could barely breath so Iwas stuck inside all day. It was even to hot to swim. In short I also fell off the wagon slightly too, not too much but I'm definitely going to have work extra hard to get a loss in this week. Oh well.

Tech - yeah it pretty much sounds like the weather here for the most part I love it but on days like today ahhh what I wouldn't give for winter lol. The kids over her have a different set up for school than you guys. They have 4 terms at school of ten weeks each per year. They get 2 weeks off in between them and break up for 6 weeks just before christmas. They generally start the new school year at the end of January. This year its 30th January and my baby boy starts Kindergarten on the 1st February. I'll have 3 out of my 4 at school this year I think I might actually cry when this goes off to "big" school.

Anyway I'm off to bed and If I'm starting to get my timezones straight you guys are just starting the day.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Take care
Old 01-14-2005, 11:17 AM   #26  
No description available.

Welcome, little one!! That is awesome! Congratulations, Lauren!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #27  
15 kg must go!!

Hi ladies

This has been my first week and I've been doing Weightwatchers. I have lost 1,5kg which is 3,3lbs. Not as much as I wanted (I want to lose 8kg by Feb 3) LOL,but I realise that I won't lose that much without doing a fad diet.And I don't want another easy off,far more easily back on diet.

So my friends will have to see chubbier me when I go to my home country in Feb.

I haven't achieved all my exercise goals this week...only went to the gym twice when I was aiming for 3 times.

I also have trouble eating only 18 WW points...I have consistently eaten 20 points a day.

But given all that,(I even had pasta carbonara for supper last night;just a small portion ),I haven't done too badly.I shall fit into some beautiful clothes of mine before Feb 3 if I continue losing this much a week,so hopefully my new fat won't be as noticeable

Good luck to all,and have a good weekend.

LBH,I hope you're a mom by now...

Marit
marit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:12 PM   #28  

Height: 5' 7"

Well the weight is starting to come off again. Once I start school, which is this coming week , I should start losing more. This semester I am taking 3 classes that are accelerated and 1 that is for the whole term. I have a feeling that I will be too stressed to eat. If I feel like I need to eat it will be healthy foods. I am getting all my rest out this weekend so I will be fresh for classes.

Aminty, I really wasn't chiding you. I am jelous(sp?) however. We are in for another cold front. Luckily for the next several days it is not suppose to rain.

Hello to everyone else.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 09:37 PM   #29  

Congratulations Lauren! Welcome Robert James! It seems like pregnancy lasts forever, but now that my youngest is 7, it was just a blink of an eye! Good luck to you and the little guy. Get some rest; wait, try to rest; well never mind just forget it!
Sandra
abounding_joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 05:02 AM   #30  

Hi All

How is everyone going? not to bad over in this part of the world, all is quiet (suspiciously so) at the moment. Just trying desperately not to jump back on the scales too early its like an obsession and I'm trying not to weigh myself any more than once a week.

Lisa - don't even think about it lol, I realised you were kidding and was jsut having a go (obviously not very well ). Congratulations on your loss. It sounds like you've got a full semester coming up. Good luck with it

Marit - Hi, 1.5kg is a great start congratulaions. Whatever your doing must be right because it's working.

Hi to everyone else I missed I hope you guys are enjoying your weekends.

Take Care