Old 03-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #181  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

I tested my new shoes today! LOVE EM!!! My feet didn't even hurt after I walked in em to Sobeys for groceries! Worth every penny of that $129.99 I spent yesterday.

And while doing my shopping, I found a nice snack to cut my cravings for junk food. Campino's cherry flavored Fruit and Yogurt hard candies. A nice smooth flavor and only 5 calories per candy.
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

rach - you can do it! We're both at that twenty lb mark, I know how you feel! Look at the last two weeks and try to figure out what derailed you. If you can't find anything specific, shrug your shoulders and look forward. The only possible benefit to thinking about it is if you can find a lesson, if not, you gotta move on. Think of how much progress you've made already. You can do this, and we're all here to cheer for you.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #183  
Darn Cake

S/C/G: 280/235/150

chuychanga from chuy's... curses
teanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #184  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Talking

rycher - glad you like the new shoes!! I think that good shoes are very important. I buy my clothing second hand, but shoes :no way: If you have a Tradehome Shoes nearby, might check them periodically, they clearance out the old "styles" to make way for the new colors and you can get away with $150 for $75.

teanut - your post made me laugh right before I went to bed last night.

We had the science fair last night. I'm SO glad that I just took our 11yr old and left the other kids at home with DH. There was a ton of waiting. We arrived at 5pm to set up, waited til 6pm for the judging to start. Waited til 7:30 to be judged, then after refreshments and such were headed home around 9pm.

Unfortunately, what I brought to snack on didn't forgive the fact that I didn't eat dinner before we left. I had my cheese stick on the way there, then during the Cookie/Brownie/Punch refreshments I had the apple I brought.

But, on the way home DS and I were so hungry we stopped at a local taco place. I had a chicken roll up (ugh, the chicken was FRIED in there!!) and some chips with salsa shared with DS. I could taste it all night while I slept, AND the scale went up 2.5lbs from yesterday!!!

Guess I'm drinking water like crazy today trying to flush the sodium. I thought I had a pretty good plan for survival - but I looked back on my food diary for the day and hadn't had much for lunch and just a protein shake for breakfast.

Today is DH's day off on his new shift. I hope to get out front to sweep the porch and clean up the face of the house today. Won't take long, just can't do it with the babies and toddlers running around unsupervised...or maybe I can... JK!!

Tonight is church night for the kids, and DH and I will take the little ones to the Y. They get to climb and jump and play in the child care, and DH and I get to workout together! For anyone who can't afford a gym membership - check into the YMCA's scholarship program. Your monthly fee is income based. We qualify for a 50% discount and pay $36.50 for a family membership. This also includes their childcare - so you SAHM's can go workout. Just a little tip for ya!

Well, gotta go - it's 7:30 and the daycare kids are coming, the family is getting up, and it's time to make some breakfast for everybody. Ohhh coffee...you're my only friend...
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #185  

Happy St Paddy's Day!
I managed to get caught up at work yesterday, so I took a vaca day today. I walked the 2 miles up to Dunkin Donuts to get my coffee this morning - off to a good start! Hubby leaves tomorrow morning for March madness in Vegas with the guys. Ladies, I have to confess, I normally do very bad things when he goes on this trip. My guiltiest indulgence is delivery pizza, a nice malbec and a Harry Potter marathon, all in my pajamas! Terrible! This year I'm going to try to find a healthier way to indulge, still hoping against hope that I might crack the 140s by the end of March (unlikely!).

Misfit Great news on the shoes. They are so important, keep you from getting hurt and let you comfortably work out so much longer.

mortonpixie don't you HATE water weight? Most frustrating thing ever and that darn sodium is so sneaky. Soup and snacks I can understand, but why, oh why, does cottage cheese have so much sodium. Makes my head hurt trying to keep track of it all. The only day that I'm real fussy with the sodium is Thursday since I worry it will throw my Friday weigh in.

Hope yall have a great day!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #186  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Hey girls!!

Its St Pats and I didn't make goal(which was 11 pounds from 2/11)... but am I sad? Heck no! I lost EIGHT POUNDS in just about 5 weeks and I am THRILLED!!

Official St Pats weigh in was 202.0. I will absolutely take it!

Since Easter is too close to set a new goal-- I am settling for finishing up the first 5 % by Easter Sunday, then set a goal to have another 5 in 5... which is 5 pounds by Cinco de Mayo---.

SO HAPPY I started! Even now, I could be sitting on my couch WISHING I was 2 lbs away from the 100's... but instead, here I am --ACTUALLY BEING THERE!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #187  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

parkdout: CONGRATS, not just on your weight loss, but your attitude too! Great!

I weighed in today and I'm down to 203.4! I've officially lost 15 pounds since the first of the year. I know that's not a lot, but it works for me. I've been struggling and seeing a drop on that scale is so inspiring to me.

Misfit: Glad you found shoes! I need to get some too...I'm thinking of getting those funny shaped shoes that help you tone and tighten for day time. They aren't for working out I don't think, but I need something.

teanut: I've only eaten at Chuy's a couple of times, and all I can say is, "Thank goodness that I don't live in a place where we have one!!!!" Good luck staying away!

Hope everyone has a Happy St. Patrick's Day and a happy hump day too!!!!

Keep on keepin on!
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #188  

Height: 5'6"

parkedout - just the fact that you are here, or there, I can't get it straight.. haha is cause to celebrate!

MP- Sodium sucks! I must be really sensistive to it too. I also make a cake lighter when needed. Not sure if your kids like pumpkin if they do use 1 spice cake mix, 1 can of pure pumpkin (15 oz), 2 egg whites, it will be really thick. I do mine in muffin tins. For a topping I take one container of cool whip and stir in one box of dry pudding, usually creamcheese flavor. Or you can just use cool whip. I have a friend that work that makes it and adds cinnamon chips, or chocolate chips into the mix as well.

rach- you can do it! Gotta keep moving forward!!!!

My DD is 12. Normally she doesn't look older, must of been the dress and the wedges she had on. I don't want her to be any older than she is. If I could I'd make her go back to that cute lil baby stage! lol

Lots planned this week (Spring Break) today DD has a friend over, going to my Sisters, tom getting the oil changed in the car, Friday going bowling with friends, Sat going back to see my nephew and then stocking up at Sam's club, Sunday church and going to look at an ellipitcal.

Anyone work with bodysculpting? Oh, my backside is so sore. Our trainer said she wanted us to think about her everytime we sat down. Hahah I can't stop thinking about her, even when I walk my bum is sore. Good news, it is working, DH said he can tell more defintion in my legs and arms. Although, I don't normally take comments from DH like that seriously, usually he is only wanting something from me...... (three letter word)
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #189  
Ready! Set! GO!

squeak: Your daughter looked great in the picture, that dress is so pretty! I have an 8 month old and just want her to stay this little. I'm not ready for her to grow up AT ALL! Sounds like you're going to be busy for the next week! We just got an elliptical, it's so exciting! Good luck with that!

I know what you mean about the DH saying nice things, but even if he does want that certain something, what he says is based in truth, so YOU GO GIRL!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #190  
Darn Cake

S/C/G: 280/235/150

so many restaurants in houston... and everything everyone does starts with meeting at one or ends with meeting at one! lol

but i really enjoy coming on here and seeing everyone's little meters move ----> that way.

mine is stagnate. i have not committed myself to anything but logging on here and thinking about what i know i should be doing. i suppose that is better than nothing. maybe.

i didn't see anyone mention if they used the new skechers or not. i really need to go search the site so i don't ask something another part answers. my laziness is bleeding over to online forums. great! lol
teanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #191  

Hey there teanut - I don't have the skechers, but invested in the MBT shoes (same concept) back in Feb. I've read a gazillion reviews about how awesome the MBTs are, so I feel like a hooligan saying this, but they didn't do much for me. Now, I'm an extreme walker. Today I clocked in at 16 miles (not in MBTs for the following reasos). The MBT shoes make my ankles feel weak and my knees feel uncomfortable, stressing small muscles that I don't really feel need the strain. I mean, bring it ON with the quads or gluts, just don't fuss tiny muscles that do nothin but worry me. I'm not knocking these shoes, peeps seem to luv m deez shus - just not me. I'm too scared of injury to risk a shoe that doesn't make me feel supported and comfortable. Just my two cents. In the mean time, I hope I'm gonna walk my @ss off!

Last edited by Silverstar33; 03-17-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #192  
Ready! Set! GO!

Thanks for the info Silverstar! I was asking earlier if anyone had used them. I was going to buy some MBT's, but the Sketcher's are much more cost effective for me. I appreciate your comments, I'm still on the fence about them. I really need all the help I can get. I would just use them for walking around the block and stuff, not for working out. I figure they can't hurt, right? We'll see.

Hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day and didn't drink too much green beer!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #193  
♥ Spinning to skinny! ♥

S/C/G: 160/139/120ish

Height: 5'1.5"

well crap, crap, crap!
It's only Wednesday & what a crappy week so far for me!!! I simply CANNOT get to the gym because the kids are out on spring break. VERY FRUSTRATING!! They don't want to go b/c my oldest (13) only wants to play racquetball or go to the weight room & my youngest (7) can't play that or go to the weight room, he wants to play basketball. I tried to tell him I would play & nope ... he wants bubbie to play. blah blah blah & no one is happy! We just have been staying home & their friends coming over which drives me NUTS!!! UGHHHHHHHHHH!! I always have the whole week to myself for spin classes, core classes, free time all day & I must be WAYYYY too spoiled! God for bid ... what am I going to do come summer break??!! I have GOT to get this crap together!! I bet I have gained a couple pounds just sitting around!!!

SpinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #194  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

I'm going to post quickly so I can get my as.s in gear and finish my philosophy paper!

ParkedOut: WTG on the 8 pounds! What a fantastic attitude too! All is not lost because you (generic you, not you personally) didn't reach your goal that you set. You're still down and that's better than not going down at all!!

Teanut: Desire is the first step in anything you want in life. You've got to want it badly... and I reckon if you're here and posting about losing weight, you've got the desire to do it. Imagine what you will feel like once you've lost all the weight!! And I agree with the restaurants: seems like everyone in the world loves to eat out for after-work meetings. DH's old job involved a lot of dining out when the big bosses were out from Australia. We'd eat out 3 or 4 times a week on the odd occasion.

Today's relieving was... interesting. Not in a good way and not really in a bad way, I was just wondering what kind of crack the relief scheduler was thinking when she assigned me to WOODWORKING! All day I had to deal with testosterone and stupidity in a practical environment (they weren't allowed to play with the tools, but they did anyway). I was hoping someone would saw their hand off just so I could say "I told you not to play with it!".

Now I need to finish writing my philosophy paper. I'm almost finished the first draft so I can print it out and revise it. It's due Monday... it's Thursday today. I just can't bring myself to actually writing the thing; I feel as though I'm not answering the questions, but I am, and I'm going around in circles, but I'm not. Confusing-- abso-bloody-lutely!

Criminal Minds is on tonight... Yum yum yum. It's my Dr Reid night and ice cream night. I just wish it was Dr Reid-and-ice-cream night.

Last edited by Mollz; 03-17-2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: bad grammar.... go sit in the corner!
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #195  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Teanut: You can do this! Starting is hard...just jump in!

Mollz: Good luck with your paper.

I am down to 201.4 today... not too shabby at all. Got a ton of stuff to do today...so I just wanted to pop in and say hi!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote