Old 03-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #31  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

Damned if I didn't forget about that stuff... I can get it at Sobeys and guess what. It's in the SODA aisle!!! Near the end with the plain old bottled water. Not the Culligan cooler bottles, the 500 ml ones.

And the Aquafina grape water is pretty good too... Too bad they don't have THAT stuff in 24 bottle flats!
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #32  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

I like the Walmart brand sodium free seltzer water. I don't drink it as much since Walmart doubled the price though...a year ago it was about 48 cents for a liter...now it's 98 cents! Inflation is not 100%! Now I mostly drink plain old tap (highly filtered by my whole house filter) water...boring....I miss the bubbles....sigh....
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #33  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies!

Happy birthday, squeak's daughter!

Mollz, did you hit some weight loss goal you had? I noticed that I was SO focused on getting into the 100's that once I saw that number, I kind of lost motivation. It took a couple of weeks for the 100's to not be enough and want more. Just a thought.

Pixie, I swear you melt. I think you have lost close to 20#s since I first came on here. That's AWESOME! What does the barcode scanner on your phone do?

Ms. Jenn, did you say before that you had some function coming up that you were trying to lose weight for?

BeachB, hey there partner! Don't tell anyone, but I have a feeling about my weight-loss this month. Let's try and win the BL challenge, k? Thanks for the encouragement about the walking. My friend that I was with and the son of our friend walked the strip with me. The son is 12. Both he and my friend were complaining about their feet and legs being sore. Normally mine would have been too especially since I was wearing some Chuck Taylor's but they weren't! I can hang longer than a 12 yo boy. Woot! Great job on staying on track with your eating. I tend to shut down when I get upset too. How is your week going?

Well, my duties are calling me.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #34  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey all, I can't remember if I've posted here before. I've been really slacking on my work outs lately but I've been sick so I was glad to read the taking a break comment a few pages back. I got sick, got better, started C25K then got sick again. So frustrating! And to top it all off I have a business trip to Houston in 2 weeks, no way am I going to be able to get any work outs done there. I don't even want to imagine what my scale says I'm supposed to take part in a 5k run in August, I know its a long was off but it feels to soon!

Regarding the flavored water... I have a reusable water bottle and I drink a crystal light or two a day, I like the singles so I can have a variety. I always use at least 650mls of water instead of just 500ml, it's just to strong for me.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 03-03-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:33 AM   #35  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

I'm struggling to stay awake now, I'm dead tired. I could easily go to sleep now and it's not even 7:30. What's the deal?

Does anyone else have this kind of exhaustion after a few weeks of heavy weight loss? In the last 2 weeks, I've lost 3 1/2 pounds, which is more than I've lost in many years (I'm continually proving to myself that I can lose more than a pound a week!). Granted, I'm getting up a little earlier (not by much- only an hour) and I'm working 5 days a week for the schools as a relief teacher (again, it's not a hard or demanding job!). Last week I was up at 6am to get to the gym for 7am, but not this week (too tired to get out of bed before 7am!). I haven't changed my evening routine.

On the flip side, I forced myself into the gym at 4pm today to get a run in. I haven't been to the gym all week and haven't lost anything at all.

Ooohhh... Dr Reid is on tonight and I get to drool all over DH.

I really hope I'm making sense. I don't feel as though I am.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:43 AM   #36  
Because I Can

Hey, Mollz, I totally thought of you and Dr. Reid while I drooled all over Shemar Moore. It was a good episode. Sad though. I hate it when kids are hurt.

I just started week 9 of c25k. Woot!
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #37  

MP- I forgot to mention that I do use a food scale regularly! Particularly to weigh meats and cheeses, or baked chips, crackers etc. I love it! I would be eating WAY more if I had to rely on just what I thought was a serving size.

Mel- Are your calves rock hard from all that walking? DH calls mine Rock Hard Sallies! lol

Mollz- When I change my schedule it makes me feel so tired. It usually takes me a two weeks to get used to everything. Also TOM makes me more tired, and so does a fibro flare up. 3&1/2 lbs? You rock!!!

Yesterday was on track and as planned, just the way I like it. I have been cleaning the house up since we will be having guests this weekend so I wasn't going to get in a workout, well, during American Idol I thought I could do something during the commericals, so jumprope, jumping jacks, free weights, crunches and I managed to get in a whole 30 min of working out.

speaking of American Idol- does anyone else watch it? I really like Crystal's voice, Katie is super sweet, my fav guy right now is Lee Dewyze. I have been really disappointed with the song chocies, this weeks show was MUCH better than last week.

Tonight I am going back to the community center. I have worked it out that my mom is going to keep DD and next week I will get to go three times instead of two.

Ya'll keep on moving forward!!

squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Melo congrats on outwalking a 12 year old! That's a nice NSV!

Mollz I hear you on the exhaustion. It seems like it hits about every two weeks, I'll have a day where I'm just beat tired. Way to go on 3 1/2 lbs in two weeks - you're going to be hitting the seventies in no time!

squeak That's great that you worked in that thirty minutes of working out yesterday! I tried your taco soup recipe yesterday and it was FABULOUS! We don't eat too much meat, so instead of starting with ground beef and onions, I made sauteed fajita veggies with red, green, and yellow peppers and onions. I also threw in some fresh cilantro we had lying around and some chopped up scallions. It was fantastic!

Well, today I'm taking some clients to a wine tasting and lunch at a lovely steakhouse downtown. I've previewed the menu, I think I'm going to go with grilled salmon. Too bad I'm 99% sure that the spinach it comes with is going to be creamed, not steamed.

Anyone else have to do a lot of entertaining for their job? It always throws a wrench in my gears, I don't want to come across as fussy, changing my order in half a dozen ways, but I hate feeling set back for the day, too.

Happy Thursday!

Last edited by Silverstar33; 03-04-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #39  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

MelO - your comment made me feel SO good, thank you thank you!!

The barcode scanner on my phone uses a food tracker application to scan the barcode, and input the nutritional information to my days calories. Most things are in there and it is SO easy. No excuses!

Mollz - sorry you are so tired. You're planning on having children someday, right? Think of this as preparation. If I think about my level of fatigue now as compared to BC (before children), I would have thought I was DYING to be as tired as I am all the time, now. Serious - this will make you STRONG.

Congrats to everyone and their exercise efforts. I reached a personal best last night and ran for 6min intervals. Woke up today with a chest cold...maybe weight training tonight instead of running.

My daycare baby is NOT sleeping this week. Better go check on him, he's been fussing for a bit. His mother drives me Nucking Futs. Swear. Grr...

Have a great day, everyone.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #40  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

MelO: My congrats as well...outwalking kids with their massive amounts of energy is quite an accomplishment.

Mollz: I always get very exhausted when I up the workouts or lose alot of weight at once. I usually just have to slow down for a day or really sleep in to get over it.

MP: Awesome on the 6 min intervals...that's great, you'll be running 5K's in no time!

Squeak: Nice job sneaking the workout in. I need to get back to walking the treadmill while I watch TV. We need a better TV in the bedroom where the treadmill is...it's the Cr@ppiest one in the house...Yuck!

Jam: I travel alot for work too...I try to pick hotels that have a workout room...it's usually pretty minimal, but I find that I can at least walk on a treadmill. That seems to keep the scale from creeping up at least.

I finally got a workout in yesterday. I walked 1/4 mile, ran 3 miles at 5.5mph, and then walked 1/4 mile to cool down. The running keeps getting easier, so that is encouraging even though the scale is slow to budge.

I have another thread about it, but I'm so darn happy, I'll say it here too...I finally got back into my favorite jeans...you know the one pair that makes you feel so skinny...I've held onto them for 3 years now in hope...today's the day...they fit!
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #41  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi all. Had a rough day yesterday, didn't exercise, and the day dragged on so long, that by the end, I thought I hadn't exercised in 2 days, and felt even guiltier. What actually happened is that the day dragged so long that it just felt that way. I checked my Fitday log, and I did exercise the day before. I did manage to stay under my calorie goal though even in spite of the cup of even-more-guilt-inducing-self-pity ice cream. I think I need a kick in the rear.

Mollz - Mortonpixie is right. You're in training for kids - they will drain all your energy - it's crazy. I was so exhausted once that when baby wanted to eat in the middle of the night, I was muttering to DH "Who put that baby in here?" and wouldn't wake up. He finally had to prop me up and I woke up enough to nurse him (baby - not DH ).

AFChick - on the skinny jeans! Nothing better than wearing clothes that you feel good in.

Sorry I can't catch up more. 3yo is wanting attention
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #42  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Hello Ladies!!!

I am in a place where I am so busy with school right now that I really can't focus on much of anything else. My housework doesn't always get done and the gym is no longer my second home.

I'm eating OP 95% of the time though, so I'm just rolling with it.

I need a personal assistant!!!

Hope everyone has an OP weekend.
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

morton I'm intrigued - what cell phone service provider do you use? That sounds like an really cool phone. Keep us posted on how it's working?

AF Congrats on the skinny jeans!

kuchick I'd consider that a victory yesterday - you held to just a cup of ice cream and you still came in under the calorie bar. Not too shabby at all!

Passionista Hang in there! When does your term end for school? 95% on plan is still great.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Hello ladies! Just getting caught up on all of your posts for the week....so encouraging :-) TOM has arrived, but I still managed to workout for 45 minutes yesterday. I decided that I hate the biggest loser for the Wii, so I went back to my Wii active and I LOVE it. It allows you to design your own workouts, plus do a 30 day challenge and set goals for yourself. My hubby says that I'm not allowed to way in until 3 days after TOM visits-LOL! He doesn't want me to get discouraged. I am also thinking about trying the Flat Belly Diet...does anyone here have any experience with it? Keep up the hard work...my goal is 160's by the end of March!! Good luck :-)
staffingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:56 AM   #45  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Argh! I realized TOM coincides with the Houston trip Isn't that going to be pleasant!
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote