Old 12-29-2007, 08:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something wkend chat Dec 29 and 30th

morning all. Another day of work...man i'm tired from last nights workout. I guess that means i did a good job LOL. Maybe i'm also just tired from work? Who knows. Off to work i go. hope everyone is well.

Welcome flutist...always glad to meet newbies
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! I am up early with DS watching the Disney channel - he is 21 mos. old. He also wants to play cars, so I guess I will need to make this short!

I am hoping to get some sort of workout in before we head down to our rental to get almost the last of our things to move up to our new house.

Have a great Saturday!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:56 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

OK, I'm totally freaking out this AM. Last night I came home and DH showed me what he found in the kitchen. There was stuff all over the floor in front of the dishwasher - like grey thin foam, like something used to pack a box, or the lining of the dishwasher, kwim? It was all torn up, like a critter did it. So we started looking around, there were no droppings, which made us wonder, because usually you would find droppings if there was a critter. Then I found a garbage bag that DH didn't take out on Thursday AM that had a hole it! So now I'm completely freaked out. DH said he was up on and off all night thinking he was hearing "it". I heard it this AM while I was still in the bedroom. I jumped up and tried to creep down the hall, but didn't see it...it was probably already in the walls. I'll be bleaching and decluttering today!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:59 AM   #4  
Flutist4christ

S/C/G: 160/156/130

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, GatorGal (love the name, btw :-) ) and good morning everyone.

Ok, I walked two miles this morning! WooHoo. Took me 40 minutes, so I need to work on the speed a little bit.

Have a great Saturday!!
flutist4christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Welcome Flutist!! I am going to assume you like playing the flute. My undergrad degree is in music education. I played the bassoon.

Lauren-I feel your pain. We just had to do a major clearing out because of critters.

Today is a super busy day. We are headed down to a big mall about 45 minutes away. This afternoon my friend is having a party for completing her masters and then finally tonight I am going out to dinner with extended family.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Jasmine
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6

Goo morning all!!

Flutist welcome to you!! You will love it here...

Patricia, good for you on the workouts.

Lisa, CONGRATS ON THE JOB!!! HOpe it's everything you want.

Lauren, UGGG!!! I remember on time I found out we had a mouse. I was getting a granola bar for my son & it had been chewed on...so freaky, as I had never had this happen (had cats before, now DH is allergic). Anyway, we started pulling out sofas, etc., and there were droppings EVERYWHERE!!! We only caught one mouse (under the stove, where DH put one of the traps) but he was HUGE!!! DH has had mice when he was growing up, and said he never saw one that big...I think he had been living like a king for a while...it was so creepy. Hope you catch it soon...

Jasmine, have fun at your party. I personally am partied out. Going to my parents for our family christmas tomorrow, then laying low on NYE...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:46 PM   #7  
Flutist4christ

Lauren - I feel for ya. I've been there too, only with other creepy crawlies.

Jasmine - yes, I do enjoy playing the flute. I used to be in the church orchestra and now that I've switched churches, I'm thinking about joining their orchestra too. We'll see if my skills are good enough for this full-sized orchestra. Enjoy shopping and the party!

Pam - thanks for the welcome. I think I'm already loving it here. Everyone is so encouraging.

I'm laying low today and catching up on some much-needed housework. Being back in school has kept me quite busy and I'm grateful for a little break to catch up on some things. And one of those things is my diet and getting back into the habit of healthy eating and regular exercise.

I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!

Michelle
Old 12-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning!

Lauren man I feel for you! I hate intruders in the house, a long time ago (7 yrs) we got uninvited rats into the house, they were disgusting, not to mention destructive, it was horrible, one day I came home from running errands and I called DH screaming, if he didn't come home right that minute I was going to pack my stuff and move out as I couldn't live in the same house as rats, it was very funny now that I remember the story. DH couldn't come right away, it was Friday afternoon and traffic was terrible. I know what you are feeling, I hope you find the source soon! they mate so fast! no that you wanted to know that right now, sorry!

GG are you taking any time off soon? I know you are giving up your weekend to work at the clinic for that nice bonus, but is there any other time you can just take to relax? Have a great day today!

flutist

Jasmine have fun w/the family tonight, I know that can always be tricky, some times fun and the family don't go together in the same sentence LOL.

HI Delta, I am assuming you just moved, did you buy a house? how exciting! I sorta like change, moving is always excitement and lots of work!

I am hopping today is a much better day for me than yesterday, I couldn't do much at all. my body was totally out, it sux. I have to start getting ready for the new year's party, I am not sure how many ppl are going to show up, some did RSVP'd but not all, my friend Anya was asking me last night how many ppl I invited, I don't have a clue! I send some invites by mail, some I emailed and a bunch we hand delivered to our neighbors, then a lot of ppl I just told either on a conversation over the phone or as I ran into them. So it is not easy to know who will come, but I am looking forward to the party, it is going to be great, I got a couple of games for the adults to play one being Twister another one Gestures, I can't wait!!!!

I will stay in touch!

Hugs

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:54 PM   #9  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Afternoon...

Lauren, hope you find the critter soon. Sounds like it might be something big. I was freaked out this morn myself. It was about 7am noone was up, the house was dead silent. All of a sudden I hear the "happy birthday song," something of DD's. It was so strange. Now DD thinks the house is haunted.

Really don't have any plans this weekend. Trying to decide on a wall color for the living room. Went to get a sample to try out on the wall, not sure if it will work. I'm thinking today is my lucky day got a front row spot at wallyworld....Oh and it's turning out to be really nice the sun came out and it's in the 60's...

Guess I will weigh myself this weekend and try to find my workout video so I can start tracking my miles on Monday.

Have a Great weekend everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:00 PM   #10  
chellenobelly

S/C/G: 182/178/150

Height: 5'4

hi, I just found this site...been looking for a place to meet others that are working on their weight and somewhere to keep track of my progress ...I have a sad story..In Late March started eating healthier,Water,water,Water,and Exercise ..lost 15 lbs. by mid May..maintained till July. DH lost job ,finances slumped and so did my emotions. Started getting depressed ,could not afford fresh vegs/fruits so much and I found a great potato soup recipe (Carb and fat loaded)....all downhill from there...since then gained back the 15 + 2 . But things are picking up and i feel I've waited too long but I'm ready to pick myself back up and start again. Looking Forward to joining the post and getting to know ya'll.
Michelle
chellenobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #11  
Flutist4christ

Welcome Michelle, from another Michelle. I recently gained back 15 pounds in a short amount of time and just joined this forum too. I wish you the best of luck in your goals.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:59 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

To both Michelles:

Today was really busy at work. I was supposed to set the sale ~ in other words, get the new signs out for the start of tomorrows sale ~ but it didn't get done. Too many customers, which can be a good thing.

I am glad that I have three days off in a row. I am meeting a friend for lunch on Sunday (PF Chang's) and then another friend is throwing a NYE party. I will probably rest all day Tuesday (ie sleep), so I can go back to work relaxed.

Lauren, can you afford an exterminator? That's what I would do. I wouldn't take any chances.

Alicia, I don't think your house is haunted.

Well, I need to check the rest of my mail and head to bed.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:13 AM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys! The prodigal has returned!! I got busy doing stuff with my kids getting ready for the holidays and the next thing I knew Christmas was gone. I made a lot of my stuff this year and I think my online time slipped into the crafting black hole! My GM is here now so I still won't have much online time.

Welcome to all of the newbies and hello to all of my old friends!! I will stop in as I can.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Welcome to Sunday everyone!

Hanna - yep, we just bought a house the beginning of December after leaving in a temporary rental for 5+ months. It is so nice to have room for DS to run & play. I hope that you are feeling better and into party planning for tomorrow!

Lauren - sorry to hear about the critters, too. I hope that you get it resolved soon.

Lisa - enjoy your time off!

Alicia - did you decide on a paint color? We have been painting too - it took awhile to decide on colors and we went much darker than we have in the past, but we like what we chose.

Hi to everyone else...will to write more later. I need to run as DS is requesting milk...maybe more like demanding it?!

Dawn
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:59 AM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

I need a pot full of coffee this AM...I stayed up and watched the Giants/Pats game last night. DH got free tickets from one of his warehouse guys a couple months ago. Had I known it would be soo mild out, I would've gone, but I figured it would be really cold and decided it would be best for me & Robby to stay home. Their seats were in the Pats end zone, just off to the side a bit. DH ended up taking my brother and nephew (10). They all had an awesome time! I watched the whole thing from home. Fell asleep a few times towards the end, but man, what a GREAT game! I'm happy for the Pats, but still happy that the Giants played soo well, especially Eli Manning. This coming from someone that does not know much about the rules and stuff, just listening to the announcers. Anyway, Peter just got up, while I'm typing this. He had a great time!

Dawn, Michelle & Michelle, Glad you joined us!!

Dawn, Congrats on the house. We just bought a house too. We closed in August, but just moved in the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Lisa, I bought some traps at HD yesterday. I don't set them though, that's DH's thing. Unfortunately since they didn't get home until around 1am, they didn't get set. I didn't see any evidence of anything overnight though. If the traps don't do it, I'm gonna call around and price out an exterminator.

Alicia, we've had toys "go off" in the middle of the night too. Used to have one of those little grills that made noise, it had a mind of it's own!! We tossed it I think. What colors are you looking at?

Hanna, I'm hoping it's only a mouse, not a rat!! Good luck with the New Year's party! Hope you don't end up with more people than you're prepared for!

Karen, Welcome back chickie! Enjoy the visit with GM...hope you can keep your sanity! I'm sure she's having a great time with the kiddies!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote