Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 11:32 AM   #31  

Question - Why is it soo hard to get past a "decade" mark in weight loss? You know, from --0 to --9? Is it your body that knows, and thinks that would be too big a change? Is it the scale that has a problem, thinking that that is too much information to keep track of? Or, is it the CHOCOLATE ?

Whatever it is, I guess I should be GLAD, as, once I hit that "9" I lose two points a day!
Old 01-30-2002, 11:47 AM   #32  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Just for the record...here in Jersey, we call them the New JERSEY Giants!!
Old 01-30-2002, 12:20 PM   #33  

LOL - meant no NY/NJ teams! Sorry - really do prefer jersey to NY!
Old 01-30-2002, 01:17 PM   #34  

I don't keep up with football but isn't St Louis in???? (and I'm from MO!!) I'd rather watch hockey (I'm feeling a bit aggressive today - in a bad mood).

Scale was up 2 lbs for me too!
I was really, really bad yesterday. Sort of had a binge on chips/salsa. Made cinnamon rolls too. It was just a bad day all the way around. Today is better food wise, an orange and a banana muffin for breakfast. I've got a potato in the oven for lunch, and I think we'll have pasta and veggies for dinner or soup and salad.

Its raining and spitting a bit of ice outside so not planning to go anywhere....should do an exercise video sometime today if I can fit it in. I'm in one of those bad moods where you just can't sit down so I've been cleaning like crazy, scrubbing hard, etc...so I know I'm getting a workout. And its not even my PMS week!

- jul
Old 01-30-2002, 01:31 PM   #35  
LBH

OK, Bailey...forgiven!!

Jul- Yes, St. Louis...Rams...right? , I can't remember all these names!! Yummy, I love baked potatoes...not as much as mashed, but they're second in line! Have you ever frozen whole potatoes?? I'm curious if it can be done. I love the big potatoes you get at Costco, but I never buy them because they go bad before I get to the bottom of the bag. Sometimes I'd just love to have baked potatoes for dinner, but never have them! I froze a baked potato cut up, not cooked, with a little lemon juice on it, and it was fine...just curious about the whole potato!

I'm waiting for the rain here! They said it's gonna yucky today, after lunch. It's been dark and dreary all day, but no rain yet. Thankfully, because DH took off to finish up at the apartment. He had a few trips back and forth to make with the pick up.

Yeah, I'm still busy, but I'm kind of slacking today...
Old 01-30-2002, 02:24 PM   #36  

Lauren: I really don't know about freezing a baked potato but I think it can be done because can't you already buy frozen twice baked?? The lemon juice is probably a good idea to keep it from browning. I'm a huge potato fan! When I was pg with Alex thats all I wanted, usually mashed or baked. I'd serve mashed for dinner and Kenny was always like "is there anything else?" nope! just the mashed. (With Weston it was onion rings!!).

I hate throwing away potatos too, put can never pass up the 10lb for 99cent sale. I did buy 4 huge huge huge potatoes last night just for lunch today and tomorrow. I usually use the smaller ones for soup, stew, hashbrowns, etc. Oh idea!! I'll go ahead and shread up some of the small ones, sprinkle with lemon juice and put in the freezer for hashbrowns.

O.K., I'm trying to get over the bad mood. Its been good for me to get online and visit my different discussion boards and just 'talk'. Now I should go clean something else!!, jul
Old 01-30-2002, 04:39 PM   #37  
LBH

Jul- , you should just got eat some potatoes...that'll cheer you up!! I think I'm gonna buy a regular size loose baking potato at the grocery store and stick it in the freezer for a month and see what happens...I'll let you know!! I want to buy the big ones at Costco, because it's like $5. for a big bag of them! I don't remember how many pounds, but it was a lot.
Old 01-30-2002, 05:46 PM   #38  

Boy, I was gone for a day and everybody and their brother posted . . .twice! Took me awhile to read it all!

Yeah the braces are off!! I'm so excited! I smile and look at my teeth everytime I go by a mirror!

BPB - yeah on doing the taebo tape!! And yeah for DISTINCTION!!

Lyssalou - yes, skinny cows are ice cream sandwiches. low fat. ~ Hope you win that $50 from hubby.

RR - wow - can't believe you remember that - it was a long time ago when I got them. ~ It must definitely be a crazy time in N.O.

Bailey - sorry girlfriend, but I have one thing to say - GO RAMS!

OK, I have more to say. It's been 2 1/2 years to answer your question about my braces. ~ And I vote that it's the chocolate that makes it so hard to hit a new decade!

Nanci - So happy for you that you're in the groove!! And I'm all for bottling it - let me know when you do. ` And ah, the rams are a great team!!

Lizzard - cool! What an interesting place to work! Is that the I Dream of Jeanie place? ~ Sorry about the gain.

Liz & Lyssa - I take notes to respond! That's the only way I can remember it all.

Jul - sorry about the gain.

OK, I think that covers it!

Rabbit
**GO RAMS**
Old 01-30-2002, 09:16 PM   #39  

Ok a quick post before I come back and write a longer one.

I AM STARVING! I want Mexican food in a bad way. So much for the groove I was feeling. I have stayed op all day and am not going to mess it up now but I can sure taste the chips & salsa and a nice margarita. HELP
Old 01-31-2002, 05:35 AM   #40  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!!
I was having 30 something Diva withdrawals and couldn't get here last night!!!!Dance class, healthclub, homework!!!!

Liz--I am new to this motherhood stuff!!!I did the 2 jobs and the other stuff before I became instant mom 8 months ago and now just cant let my "other" life go yet!!DH does the cleaning and washing..soo I just have to cook!!!!He even does the dishes and after dinner cleanup while I bathe the little one....

Lauren-I do the same thing at a free standing outpt surgery center...It is just the same job but at a smaller place..We are experiencing a nursing shortage again and they are possible planning some kind of bonus to keep us..Hmmmm..sounds good to me..THey are paying big bucks to work extra but I would rather be with Refman!!!!! I use to be the workhorse but I am rather lazily married now!!!!

Well, must run to work!!!!I have procrastinated enough this morning!!!!
Vicki
37miles
PS...I have been OP since Sunday!!!! I dont journal on the computer page but I do faithfully at home!!!!!
Old 01-31-2002, 08:45 AM   #41  

I have a question for all you WW members. I've never been a member but a friend gave me their book for food points so I'm able to keep track of that. But how do they handle exercise? I read in the WW postings someone said that for every 20 min you get to add a point. Is that true?? Can someone help me here? I'm going over my points range almost every but only by a few but I'm also exercising 1 1/2 hours everyday. I'd just like to know if I'm doing okay by their plan. Thanks!!!!

RR, Congrats on being OP!! It sounds like you have a wonderful supportive husband.

Backfor, I know what you mean about cravings. I've been OP for almost two weeks and I am totally craving macaroni and cheese. Not one serving though -- one whole box!!! Mac & Cheese is my downfall and I have to eat the whole thing so I've been staying away.

Rabbit, Congrats on getting the braces off!! It must feel great to see a pretty white smile again. Yep it's the IDOJ place. Lots of changes since then though. I'm not too worried about the gain. I know I fluctuate during the week and hopefully by Saturday (my WI day) I'll be back down again.

Bailey, why is it so hard to get down to the next set of numbers?? I've noticed that too. I want to be down in the 150's so bad I could scream. I'm trying to be patient. I'm bummed though cuz I don't think I'm gonna make my V-day goal. I'm only losing about 1 lb a week and I still have 4 lbs to go. Oh well, I'll just keep trying.

Gotta get some work done. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-31-2002, 09:22 AM   #42  
LBH

Hi All,

Liz- Yes, the way WW works it is this: You have to do the initial 20 minutes of exercise a day. For every 20 minutes over that initial 20 minutes, you earn 1 point. You can either bank it, or use it. If you want to keep track of exercise here, we could every 20 minutes of exercise (that's not actual mileage) as a mile. So if you do aerobics for an hour, that's 3 miles. I don't know how much we're still keeping track though. RR was keeping track for us, but that was before she got married and life got incredibly busy!! You could just keep track of it and post it in your journal or on this thread once a week or something though.

Rabbit- Congrats on getting the braces off!! - You can do that a lot now!!

RR- Thanks for the reminder! Hey, that's cool, take whatever bonus they give you!!

Nanci- Hope you made it through the craving without caving!!

Have to go back to the apartment for the last time tonight. We have just a little left to pack and then we have to clean!! DH decided he didn't feel like putting a dropcloth down when he painted, so now he has to scrub paint off the hardwood floor...and he wonders why I cringe when he wants to do these projects!! He thinks I'm lazy!! Basicallly the place just needs to be vacuumed and the kitchen wiped down, most of it's clean. We can barely move in the house though, boxes everywhere!! I really wish I could take off tomorrow...even a half day today, to work on unpacking, but I can't. Might take Monday off though, since things will be calmer next week when my boss has gone back to Atlanta!!

Anyway, have a great day all!!
Old 01-31-2002, 05:03 PM   #43  

HI ALL!

I'm still glad to have my braces off, but I must say this retainer is driving me bananas! The first day it was too loose and was slipping up around my gums so I had to go back to the ortho and he tightened it -- boy did he tighten it! Now it is killing me! A lot of pressure on 2 teeth mainly and now it is slipping down because it is so tight and sometimes pops off when I talk. Marvelous.

Tonight is weigh in and I've done fine but the scale is not showing it. Hope I do not have a gain as I don't deserve it.

Nanci - oh no on the mexican craving! Hope you got threw it. We are going to a super bowl party where the theme will be mexican food. It'll be tough.

RR - nice that dh does so much! ~ Yeah op!!

Liz - I'm not really sure about the ww exercise points so I'm glad Lauren explained it. I actually think what she said is the old way and it has changed and you get a point now for the initial 20 minutes of exercise also. But I could be wrong. ~ My weight fluctuates all the time too - and it usually goes up on weigh in day!

Lauren - yep I am all the time (except for when I have to take the retainer out & in - it's painful now). ~ Glad you got it all moved!

Hope the site doesn't go out for long - I saw the message that they will be moving it again. ~ I may not be around much for the next few days though as I'm going out of town for the weekend (and I'm going to my sister's, the junk food queen for those of you who remember - oh no!!).

Rabbit
Old 01-31-2002, 11:46 PM   #44  

Ok I made it through the Mexican craving without caving!

We just got back from WW I was down 3.6 and DH was down 4.4 It feels good to have such a good loss after the .4 loss last week.

Jul, That 2lbs will be gone b4 you know it. You are doing so well, don't let it get you down.

Bailey, It does seem hard to move the scale down on those milestone numbers.

Liz, Your work place sounds very interesting. I think the weights will effect your weight in the short term. Make sure you take your measurements so you can see that success.

Vicky, You are about the least lazy person I have ever met.

Rabbit, Way to go on those braces! Don't you love running your tongue across your teeth. Good luck at the sisters. Keep thinking about how hard you have been working.

Lauren, I hope you get Monday off. It will feel so good to finally be able to put your house in order.

Ok I found the Skinny Cow's and they are AWESOME!

Happy TGIF tomorrow everyone!
Old 02-01-2002, 08:47 AM   #45  

Ugghh...thank goodness this week is over. I've been exhausted every night. My hubby has been going to the gym after work so I come home do chores, feed the pets, cook dinner, clean the kitchen and then I get to relax (I shouldn't whine...some of you out there do much more than that). I was doing good at the beginning of the week but Thurs & today I am starving. No matter what I eat I want more. I also have a bad attitude today so I don't really care about sticking with the plan. Grrrr. I guess PMS is starting a couple days early.

I met with the girl at the gym this morning and took my measurements along with the fun fat calipers - I go back to her in three months to see my progress. I also took my measurements at home a week ago so I can track it once a month. Wish me luck!!

Backfor -- Way to Go!!!!! I wish I had your willpower especially today.

Rabbit & LBH -- Thanks for your inputs on the exercise question. That gives me a few more points to work with so I'm not doing as bad as I thought (except for yesterday's vanilla wafer binge).

LBH -- Congrats on the move. Hopefully you are all done now and can work on getting the new place put together.
Closed Thread