Old 08-31-2007, 07:43 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: TGIF!! 8/31

Good Morning and Happy Last Day of August!!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all. tried to get up this am to work out...but that wasn't happening LOL. I'll try after work. I did have a slight victory this am...i was curious if i could put on 2 pairs of pants that didn't fit when i moved here. They fit. Well a bit snug..but before i couldn't even button them. Now maybe 3 or so weeks and i can wear them comfortably. I just need to keep doing what i'm doing.

slim - sorry to hear about the ex...but at least you are doing what's right for DD.
Hanna- i'll send you the names of my 2 favorite yoga dvd (i have a few others that suck) tonight..they are downstairs and i'm being lazy LOL

lois- hope things get better with family. Hang in there
alright all...got to run to work..hopefully it will be busy today
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:19 AM   #3  
aka "Minnie"

S/C/G: 175/155/135

Height: 5'3

Thumbs up

Good Morning all !
Thank you for the welcome
You all sound busy as well.
I thought I had the photo and ticker think figured out but I guess I dont. So, I saw that one of you (sorry forgot who from yesterdays chat) is doing the three hour diet what other diets are you all on?
As I said before I am hopefully going to do the WW plan but I am counting calories until I can get to a meeting. Anyone know where to find calorie amounts for diets??
Thanks again for being so welcoming.
Have a good day
Minnie
minnesotaffwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:42 AM   #4  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey all

All I can say is TGIF
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:28 AM   #5  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Hello Friday and Holiday Weekend!!! Thank goodness.

Uneventful night, still finding it hard to get the excercise in. I am hoping next week we are more into the "school routine" and I can find the time.

Anyone doing anything exciting for the holiday?

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/151/120

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning all!

Well, I started today with a fight with my 16 year old. I thought you would all like to know that he is smartest person alive and he knows everything. Just send all your unanswered questions and problems his way....sigh...were we ever this stubborn????

Hanna- I think India would be cool, but I really want to go to Scotland. I am kind of a old castle and history kind of girl. I am excited about Costa Rica and we are staying at the Four Seasons Resort. We went to the Four Seasons in Hawaii for the trip this year and they actually folded my husband's dirty underwear when we left the room to go down to the pool....Can you believe that???? So funny!

Lois- Hope your day is going better. I am always up late if you feel like chatting!

GG- I have been having the worst time excercising.....let me know what those tapes are called. Maybe I'll try some yoga. Hope work is busy, it makes the day go by so much faster. WTG on the pants!

Sheila- I am so with you about Friday! I am only hoping for the willpower to make it through this weekend without screwing up what I have started.

Hope everyone has a great day.
lexytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Kids!

Wow ~ just caught up this morning reading the last few days worth of posts... You Kids Have Been Busy!

GG ~ Excellent to read of your going hard on the exercise ~ losing the weight and fitting into old pants again is the best.

Minnie ~ Welcome!!! I can't remember if I welcomed you the other day???

Bluey ~ Welcome to you too! The heat here has been brutal (St. Louis). Last night we sat outside on the patio and it was so pleasant. This morning it was actually below 80 degrees:-).

Morning Angie & Lauren ~ Last day of August... YESSSSSS!!!! Uggghhh. August is my least favorite month of the year.

Sheila ~ Has DH given you your answer yet? When will he have to make the decision about the possible new job? How is DD? I read someone's suggestion about eating bananas. I think that it was Angie? Anyway, that is what I'd suggest too. I got bad leg cramps during pregnancy and that is what my doctor suggested. He told me not to eat bananas with milk though as they "cancel out" each other. Potassium and calcium don't mix. Hope that you have a good weekend.

Laurie ~ had to laugh when reading about the "locals" in your area. DH and I went to Maine for our honeymoon years ago and it was really hard for me to understand some of the people. How's the wine business? DH works in the beer business and he was just telling me last night that sales are wayyyyyy down.

Hannah ~ Oh dearheart.... wish that I were closer to give you a great big hug... I'm so sorry to read about Sean. You have to be feel completely drained these days. Keep going to the gym as that is so good for you. Sean's birth mother should be put behind bars!!! Unfortunately, she probably went ahead and had more babies other than Sean:-(. As you always say, keep your chin up!

Michelle ~ GA will seem like a whole 'nother planet for you and the kids. I will be cheaper though and that is a good thing. Will Jess be going with you?

Kerry ~ Is sis gone? Good luck next week with the new school.

Kerri ~ Are you home from Hawaii?? We miss you!

Lois ~ Sweetie we're here for you. I know what you mean about not wanting to worry family. That is the great thing about posting things in that we don't have to worry about it making "the rounds" between family members. Hang in there...

Lisa ~ ever hear anything about the job?

KarenK ~ you keepin' those tots in line?

treef ~ send us pictures of the real dress. Is your daughter super excited about the wedding?

lexy ~ sounds like you've got a great job! I envy your traveling with DH. That would be awesome.

MO ~ WE MISS YOU, LITTLE CREAM FILLED ECLAIR DUSTED WITH POWDERED SUGAR. Just send us a quick line telling us if you're ok... I'm worried that your worst fear came to be! Did you finally build up your nerve and decide to make a long car trip and hitch up with some hot dude? You were scared that you'd be abducted, tossed off the side of the road and not found for 3 years. Did this really happen????? We just want to know if everything is ok with you honey....

Sorry if I'm forgetting people... I'm working from memory and mine sucks.

So, the good news is that I'm meeting people ~ lots of people ~ finally. We've been here for over two months now and I'm discovering that there are many wonderful families all around us. The bad news is that my skin looks *SO* bad right now! I started Accutane in July and my face has more foreign objects on it than I can count. The medicine dries out my skin and my lips are covered with fever blisters. Yep, real pretty... Here I'm finally meeting people and this is what I look like. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a temporary thing and that in 4 to 5 months I will have clear skin. The other bad thing about the medicine is that it affects my joints ... and my back ... and the list goes on and on. I've always had back pain but lately it's really bad. I called my dermatologist yesterday and he said to stop taking for three days then start up again. Ugggghhhhh. Can't wait for this to be over and done with. I'm thankful to have DH as he is so loving and supportive. This would be tough to do w/o his support.

Hope that everyone has a great long weekend ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Lexy ~ I took so long posting my note ... had to refill my coffee cup a few times, then my 4 year old needed help with the stapler ... 40+ minutes later my note goes out!

Anyway, I hear you about Scotland. I love beautiful old places like that. DH wants to run the Dublin Marathon within the next year or two and we'll combine it with our vacation. Scotland, Ireland and England would be my cup of tea:-).
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning all!

Lexytay have to say you are pretty funny, I love the comment about your 16 yrs. old. I never thought of Scotland, I want to go back to Israel one day, India, Venice, Argentina and Brazil, I would love to go on an African Safari!!! Not to much to ask!

GG I hope you don't have a boring day today. I thought vets were very busy before a holiday, it seems that way here. And forget getting into the groomers the week before a holiday, you would think people would wait until after the holiday.

HI Sheila!

Minnie I know the website calorie king it is suppose to be a great site.

I am going downstairs for my morning coffee and then I am heading to the gym, I am going to be measured today. I can't wait!!!

Last edited by LBH; 08-31-2007 at 07:22 PM. Reason: To remove link
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Joan good to see you! we were posting at the same time. I am sorry about your skin, drink lots of water, it is great for your skin too!

Alicia I am so sorry about DH, I hope it is not what may cross your mind. Keep a positive attitude, the kids need you to be positive!

I have to go ge my coffee!!!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #11  

Well, I had a crappy night and morning. I did my Thursday tasting and decided to not serve food this time because I knew I would be working until 8 and starving and might not be able to resist. So, one of my employees saw no food and ran out and got some gorgeous pates and cheese spreads with gourmet crackers. So, it sits in front of me all night and my mouth is watering. I am tasting people right and left. Made lots of good sales. Drank some wine (hey, it was my dinner). So, its my TOM and Im already grumpy and I cant have anything to eat. Poor me.

My Bella stays with me at the shop and she has this room set up in a HUGE bathroom. We closed out the toilet and shower and set up a desk and chair DVD player bookcase with leap pad and books. Donna, another shop owner runs a bead shop and part of the day she learns beading, Jeannine, the gift shop owner has her help with stocking shelves and organizing. I play games with her every morning and we do tons of learning workbooks. So, she has everything here to keep her occupied. So, last week, she pulled the wooden cover my DH made off the toilet in there and was playing and dropped her DVD player in the toilet. $200 literally down the toilet. So, I was mad but after a few weeks felt bad for her and bought another one. We had a LONG talk about water and safety and how expensive these things were and that they are not toys. She got it Tuesday. Yesterday morning I noticed she had a squirt gun in her pocket. I took it away explaining no squirt guns in the wine shop and that they are for outside. I put it up on my bookshelf. Sooo, she sneaks and gets it back when I am not looking. Loads it with water and squirts her NEW DVD player breaking it. I could not believe it! She is usually sooooo good. She got lots of attention that day (we were really slow for the whole beginning of the day). So I DO NOT know what gives!!!

Then this morning, after we got ready, I told her to get in the car and buckle up. I come outside to find her drawing on the driveway with sidewalk chalk. GRRRRRRR! Im ready to scream!!! Soo, I dont know what is going on with her but Bill Cosby has it right kids really do have brain damage.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all, I am still here but lurking most of the time. I still have not heard from Lane Bryant. I called this past Tuesday and they were still interviewing people. WTF ~ it has been over 2 weeks. I received an email wanting me to set up a time for an interview. When I went to that, I found that it was to be an independent agent for Aflac. I could sell, but I am not a "closer", if someone says no I drop it. Cant take rejection too well (even in selling).

Hope everyone has a good day!

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning!
Gator - thanks for the encouragement... I know it all work out with my daughter. How's your dog doing? I say her pics and she's so pretty!

Bluey and Minnie Welcome!
Bluey I am in SoCal too! What area are you from?

Laurie - How old is your daughter? Mine is 4 1/2 and I can relate to everything you said! Some days are so smooth and other days are crazy!
I too need to invest in a new DVD player for her. It stopped working and I looked inside and shook it out and out came little mini Barbie dollhouse plates and cups and forks and spoons. I asked her why on earth she would stick that stuff in there when she knows better! She said she was pretending it was the dishwasher!!!!!!!!!! I said your Barbie dollhouse has a dishwasher!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh...sorry mom..... ugghhghggh!

TGIF for sure! No big plans for this weekend. Lots of house cleaning, BBQing, swimming and drinking my wine!

Hello to everyone else - Sheila, Joan, Hanna! EVERYONE YAY FOR FRIDAY!
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:40 AM   #14  

BTW, I thought it might be fun to write down what each of us are doing as our diet.

I am doing the 3 meals, 2 snacks thing too. I keep it under 1200 calories and I workout every day. On my take it easy days I have been taking a walk. Hitting my 10K steps every day and doing recumbant bike, eliptical and a variety of DVDs to work the abs and arms. So, Usually I do the bike 6 days a week for a half hour and have been increasing the tension. Also, a dvd 3-4 days a week. I am only doing eliptical for 6-7 mins now. It kills me. Sometimes I walk, Sometimes jog after dinner.

I have been doing lots of crockpot meals. Ive done the chicken in salsa, chicken with cream of mushroom and FF sour cream (also done this with cream of chicken), lots of stirfrys with chicken or ground turkey, Home-made taco salads. I LOVE hungry-girl.com. They have some ideas for low fat cheats for the weekends.

So, what are all of you doing. I would soooo love some tips.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:41 AM   #15  

Slim, She just turned 6 and SOOOO knows better.