Old 08-31-2007, 12:11 PM   #16  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Jan: I did do the bananas that angies suggested and it seemed to help alot. As far as the DH well he is taking the job, kids don't want him to but we can't help it when we are selfish buttheads as adults right. I am meaning him. He only has a less than 10 years and all his kids will be gone.

Angie: thanks for the idea with the bananas it seemed to work for her.

I am so ready for the weekend i can't tell you how much I can't wait for 5:00 p.m. Yeah!!!!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 155/151/120

Height: 5'2"

Laurie- I am trying to think of something positive, but after my morning with my 16 year old son.......not sure when it gets better....maybe when they are 30!!

Joan- Your DH wants to run a marathon in Dublin???? I can't get mine to walk around the block! That would be so cool to do Ireland, Scotland and Wales. I would need a couple weeks I think.

Hanna- My DH wants to do an African safari. It sounds a little hot and buggy to me, but I bet the wildlife would be amazing!

It is supposed to be in the 90's here all weekend. I hate to excercise when it is that hot. I am soooo looking forward to Fall. No big plans for the weekend. My DH wants to go see Night Ranger at the Taste of Colorado festival tomorrow.
lexytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:48 PM   #18  

Lexy,

Dont tell me that!! I think Im gonna end up in the nut house if I cant get this under control.

Laurie
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:17 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Laurie & Slim ~ sorry but had to LOL at your stories. I cannot believe that two DVD players have bitten the dust?! Unbelievable. Loved the "dishwasher" story too. I know, they drive us nuts but before we know it they'll be grown:-(. Some of the most irritating things that my kids have done have also been the funniest and most memorable. Not at the time though!! I have a 4 1/2 year old too! She is hilarious but *so* bossy. We went to the grocery store this morning and she kept instructing me on what to buy and what not to buy. I'm really gonna miss her next year when she starts Kindergarten.

Hanna ~ I drink TONS of water! My sister hates the taste of water and lives on soda and ice tea and yet she has the most gorgeous skin. Not fair.

lexy ~ DH is a "born again" runner. When we first met, he was a slug. Four years ago he started walking at lunch and then within a few months he was running. He is now addicted and runs at least one full marathon a year. We're going to Memphis in December while he runs the St. Jude's one. I love his running! I don't have to do the work:-) and we go to lots of neat places that we wouldn't normally visit.

I cannot wait for the fall either. I am sick of this heat.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

I hear ya Laurie! My honey's 7 year old still doesn't get it on some things either! Just have to take a deep breathe! I told hom last week if he kept kicking the little one out of his room and shutting his door, I was going to get a screwdriver and remove the door entirely. His eyes got big like saucers

I am still trying to figure out mself what I an doing for my diet hahahah!
I am trying to eat a lil breakfast every morning then a sensible snack, salad for lunch and a light dinner like fish....love fish!
For snacks at work, I keep tons of edamame around... so good just cold with salt and pepper. I like to snack on sliced tomato with salt and pepper too!

My diet killer is my wine though! Having a really tough time not having a little it in the evenings as I told myself I would only have it on the weekends.... That's not working out so well
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:53 PM   #21  

Laurie-

Seriously, I was a teacher for four years. I loved the little ones, but the only thing that ever really worked was consistancy. You could let her try to earn a DVD player again. Maybe by earning points, stickers, marbles in a jar....things like that to show responsibility. If she earns it, she may be more carefull about breaking it again. You have to be willing to take them away when she isn't responsible though. Rules and consequenses ALWAYS worked when I was teaching. I still use it with my son. He is currently trying to show me he is responsible enough to drive a car.... I refuse to put him behind the wheel when I still have to remind him to take a shower!

Smile though, someday you will chuckle over these stories.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:53 PM   #22  

BTW, I hate my TOM sometimes. Im sooo bloated and feeling yucky. I wanna go home and go to bed.

Joan, I think the running sounds really cool. I used to have this friend whose husband did those event and they were so much fun to watch. Im not sure I could ever do that. I am just starting to get into jogging. I have always hated it. I played field hockey in HS and danced and my knees are not so good. I wish I could though. It always looks like a religious experience at the end.

Im feeling for you with the skin issues and meeting new people. When we moved here, my neighbors came over after we spent all night painting and cleaning and I was a wreck. Ubber embarassing!!

Hey Hanna, how are you liking the FITFLOPS? Have you gotten them yet? I think that they really do work. I mean I dont think Im getting amazing thighs in minutes but I def. noticed a pain in the butt (literally) after wearing them the first coupla days. I have been walking in them for the week now doing my 10K steps a day. I think that it feels a lot like walking barefoot on the sand. The sole have a very cushy but not totally balanced feel. The thong also felt a little uncomfortable for the first day. I guess it makes you have to balance and tighten the backs of your thighs and bum. I think it does this. After the first day my ankles were a little swollen from trying to balance on them, and the following days at night when Im watching TV or something I feel the clenching urge like I do when I really work out my arms. I think that they are very sporty looking and cute too (I have the red ones). I measured my hips and thighs and will keep a measurement every week and see if there is an improvement.

ALSO, anyone watching Big Brother? I think Jess and Eric really screwed up not getting Daniele out last week. They are probably gonna pay next week.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:47 PM   #23  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Joan, I hope your skin issues clear up. It's awful the medicine has such harsh side effects.

GG, please tell us your yoga tapes, I too am interested in something good. I am NOT flexible at all though.

I am a glutten for punishment as I am off on another road trip. This one will be short though. My grandmother will be turning 80 this Sunday. Her and my Grandfather raised me, so they are extra special. We will be coming back after her party on Sunday. The kids are just awful, they don't want to go.

On the losing weight issue, ugh I have almost gained back what little I lost to begin with. I need to get motivated and start walking again. Whenever i stop walking the weight comes right back on. I have to get in the grove of things, school starting back up has just thrown me off.

Everyone, have a GREAT weekend. Seriously, I can't believe this month is over already.

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:52 PM   #24  
KAR

TGIF!!!! After getting ready for school to start next week, my sister's visit for two days and the lighting bolt tattoo escappee, I am looking forward to a long weekend. They did catch the guy this morning around 7:30. He showed up at the house across the street asking for help. They called the cops on him and he took off down the road. This time they found him. I guess they broke his jaw and had to take him to the hospital. But atleast we can rest a little easier knowing that he is not on the loose anymore.
I will try to post later today or tomorrow. Just a little tired and need to take a nap.
Hope you all have a great evening!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:39 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Joan
My 4 1/2 year old is sooooooo bossy too! She was calling me the other night and I guess I wasn't moving fast enough for her so she yells out to me, "Come here right now young lady!" What the...???
Mine starts Kinder. next year too becasue of ehan her birthday falls.

I have been trying to drink tons of water and I find that the Crystal Light Singles help me drink alot more.

There is this drink I get from Trader Joes that is awesome for great skin!!!! It's really great for good intenstinal health too. It's called J1 Aloe Pulp Juice. I know I know when I first heard it I thought it sounded awful too but it is rather good! It is pure aloe juice with aloe pulp and it's sweetened with
honey and organic cane juice. You have to drink it cold or over ice but it's very good and the health benefits are supposed to be awesome! Look up drinking aloe juice on line!

Kerry I must have missed the first part of your story - whats with the neighborhood madman! Good thing they got him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Early end time today for the holiday! One hour and twenty minutes to go til relaxation and fun!!! yeeehaw!
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:08 PM   #26  
aka "Minnie"

S/C/G: 175/155/135

Height: 5'3

Ok it is 4pm and I am starving....I only have about 600 calories left for the day and I am not sure what I am making for dinner. Anyone else just want to crunch things this time of day. It doesnt help that I have the nursing mommy appetite. Was it Laurie who asked what we were doing for diets. I was going to do weight watchers but havent made it that far so I am counting calories. Better than not counting right?
I bought a scale today so that should help me with motivation.
have a good night all
minnesotaffwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:09 PM   #27  

Question

Hey all!

I am in desparate need of a new scale. What do you guys recommend, and where is the best place to find one? I just have a cheap one from about 10 years ago and think I need something a little better. Thanks for the input!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:13 PM   #28  

Slim ~ I love Trader Joe's!!!!! Everytime that I go I find more great things. I'll have to check out the juice. Believe me, I've tried everything for my skin. I never had teenage acne like this. It's terrible and my dermatologist told me that it's 100% hormonal and I'll have it until MENOPAUSE!! I'm only 39so that is why I caved and am doing Accutane.

Do you buy your wine from T.J's? Can't beat it for their selection and prices. I went earlier today and picked up 2 cheeses, wine, crusty bread, olives and shrimp. YUM! I'll make a pizza for the kids while DH and I kick back with a little vino... Have a good one ~ Joan
Old 08-31-2007, 05:15 PM   #29  

Forgot to include this funny story... DS has a friend over this afternoon. Both have Aspergers (high functioning Autism) and I can't help but LOL just listening to the two of them talk. Both have their "obsession" and are in full throttle describing them. Neither one appears to be listening to the other and they aren't looking at each other. That being said, they're having a blast together. Too funny.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:18 PM   #30  

Minnie ~ do you like nuts? I know that they're high in calories but a tablespoon or two really helps fill me up. This is a hard time of day for me also. We don't at dinner until between 6:00 & 6:30 so I get really hungry right around 3:00-4:00.