Old 08-31-2007, 06:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Joan
Trader Joes is my favorite place! I tend to get my wine at BevMo (Beverages and More) - do any of you guys have that where you are at? They have a great selection! When it comes to my vino though, I am boring.... I get the same kind, my favorite chenin blanc. over and over again!
I am telling ya, drink one bottle of that J1 aloe juice a day and you will see changes - just good stuff! Think of what aloe does for a sunburn right? Then apply that to drinking it and it being so healing!
The shrimp rolls with ginger sauce in the cold section at Trader Joes are awesome too!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh your story about DS and friend totally cracked me up - you are funny! The sweetest souls, huh??? My lil cousin is autistic and bless his soul he is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I just stare at him and only wish for the happiness he seems to have ALL THE TIME!!!!!! LOL

Nuts are a great snack if you can avoid overdoing it on them which I often do..... cashews and pistachios MMmmmm I just had some Wasabe Almonds for a snack.... hot but good stuff!
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:26 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

hello everyone it has been so long .....things have been so nutty around here. but i am hoping things are looking up now. the kids have been having me run crazy with school things. and well all my Dr. appt. well after all the blood work and test we found out my liver enzymes were elevated for no real reason at all. all the test were normal. so this is great news. i on the other hand not been doing great with the eating but have not gained just have not lost either. so just wanted to drop in and say hi and hope everyone has a great weekend
adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:29 PM   #33  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

OK, I just read everything, and have lots of responses, but I have to ask first:

Do you know if a child that has had the chicken pox vaccine, and came in contact with a child with chicken pox, can pass it on to a child who has not had the vaccine? Did that make sense??

We're supposed to go to my cousin's house for a party Sunday. She called and left a message today saying that her neighbor's kids just came down with chicken pox. Her 2 kids have been immunized, but she was concerned about mine. Peter I think had one, but I'm not sure if he had the booster, don't remember. I don't think Robby has had it yet.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:45 PM   #34  
aka "Minnie"

S/C/G: 175/155/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexytay View Post
Hey all!

I am in desparate need of a new scale. What do you guys recommend, and where is the best place to find one? I just have a cheap one from about 10 years ago and think I need something a little better. Thanks for the input!
Lexy I just bought the $24.00 Weight Watchers one at Walmart, it comes with all sorts of guarntees and such, I like it so far.
minnesotaffwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:47 PM   #35  
aka "Minnie"

S/C/G: 175/155/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoan View Post
Minnie ~ do you like nuts? I know that they're high in calories but a tablespoon or two really helps fill me up. This is a hard time of day for me also. We don't at dinner until between 6:00 & 6:30 so I get really hungry right around 3:00-4:00.

Joan....is that what you go by? I love nuts, however the nursing baby does not! thanks for the idea though.
minnesotaffwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:50 PM   #36  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, the name of the chicken pox vaccine is Varavox. It should be in your shot records. I am not sure but I think they give that one closer to Kindergarden. I am also not sure about the immunized child being a carrier of it. Sorry couldn't help you out more.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:54 PM   #37  
KAR

Evening Ladies and Gents,
Slimpossible, we had a really nice guy with lighting bolt tatoos on each side of his forehead escape from our local pd station after he appeared in muncipal court on Wed. for domestic volience charges. He was in our neighborhood on Wed. night ran right in front of our house. Then I guess this morning went to the neighbors house across from our house and asked her to call his mom. She called the cops instead and they got him in the field two houses down from ours. Nice kind of visitor to have in the neighborhood uh?
Hanna, I have been thinking about you and your family alot the past few days. Hope things are going a little bit better for you. It makes me mad to see the effects that happens to children when their parents are stupid and do drugs during their pregency. They don't seem to care of the effects it has on the babies.
Shelia did you day get better? Bet you are happy for the long weekend.
Laurie keep us posted on your progress with the fitflops. I am thinking about buying a pair after I get my pay raise next week. But I guess I should think about paying some bills before getting things I want. I liked the idea of having your dd earn a new dvd player.
GG so how was your day at work? Hope you were able to keep yourself busy. Sounds like you enjoyed your day off.
Michelle glad to see that things are working out for your family. So when does your dh leave for boot camp?
Lauren sounds like you have been busy here lately. Hope things are starting to calm down for you soon.
Karen so how was your day with Alex? Are you still stupid? I went through the same faze with my one stepson. He is the most mouthest kid at times and thinks he is Mr. I know it all! He is learning this year that he finally isn't the little smarty pants he thought he was.
Lisa sorry you haven't heard anything about your interview from Lane Bryant. Hope you hear something soon.
Hi to everyone else. Come Tuesday you will probably only hear from me one or two times during the day until the weekends. I will be going back to work on that day. I have one week of working until 3:45 and then the following week I will start the afterschool program and will work until 6. But I can't pass up the extra money. It really does help with a lot of bills. Hoping to catch up on some by the middle of Nov. Then I can start using my extra money to do some fun things. One of them is to rent a cabin for the weekend sometime and spend quality time with my dh.
Well I need to check a few other things on line. Chat with you all later.
Have a great evening!
Later,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:14 PM   #38  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Lisa, I just read that doctors recommend that kids receive the chickenpox vaccine when they are 12 to 15 months old and a booster shot at 4 to 6 years old. Peter's had one shot, but I don't think he's had the booster. I'm 99% positive Robby hasn't had it at all.

Mom just told me that the neighbor's kids that have it right now were both vaccinated...great.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:47 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

wow...its been busy here today...hard to catch up after work. So work was steady..not as slow thank goodness. Tomorrow i'll be working by myself so i will definately stay busy. I don't have plans this weekend since i get to work sat, sun, and monday. Yes Banfield doesn't believe in closing for generic holidays. Oh well..we'll either be really really busy or really really slow.

okay..lets see if i can remember what everyone said...if i forgot anyone..i'm sorry.
first...once again...you people with kids make me think twice LMAO...water, dvd, smart butt children...hmmm what's the good part again LMAO????

So for those interested...here's a few dvd's i have that i LOVE
1.Yoga Zone - total body conditioning for beginners...this is a great starter dvd. If you've never done yoga..i would recommend this one for several weeks. Its a good general workout, strength and flexibility. At first you may not think you are working hard...but trust me you'll feel it. This will be a gentle ease into the world of yoga.
2.Power Yoga - Power Yoga "strength and flexibiliyt" - with rodney yee. This is was what i did yesterday. I DONT recommend this to beginners at first. Power yoga is usually meant for people who have some basic yoga (i think however if you did the first dvd for a few weeks, you'd be ready for this one). Power yoga is quicker moves, more movement, flowing quickly into differnt positions, therefore it becomes very aerobic and works the muscles much harder than basic yoga. BUt i loved this one.
3. Dennis Austins Boot Camp - ok...this isn't a yoga dvd...but if you are looking for a workout..here it is. This dvd is great...you can either do the whole routine (50 min) or do the ones individually..thers a 25 min aerobic and a 25 min strength/conditioning. Very very high impact, so not necessarily recommended for those with bad joints (i sort of ignore the fact when my crappy knees are yelling at me...but i suffer through the pain). oh yeah...and one quick note...dennis austin can be horribly bubbly/annoying...but its worth it for the workout she gives. Just bear with her..i think the motivation to slap her silly keeps you going LMAO
hope that helped.....also there is a yoga dvd by rodney yee for abs...if you want ab workout..this one is killer...i don't remember the exact title.

Joan - btw...you do know that accutane is HIGHLY light sensitive right????? the blisters are probably sunblisters (ie sunburns). You are wearing plenty of sunscreen every day and limiting your sun exposure???????? here's 2 articles for you.
http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/f...ane/facts.html
http://dermatology.about.com/cs/isot...accutane_2.htm
hope your dr told you that part. That may be a big part of you issue.

as for what method of weight loss i do...i count calories, try to limit my processed food, eat more whole grains, 5-6 serving of fruit/veggies daily, and 1-2 liters of water daily and as much exercise as possible.

hope everyone has a great long weekend...think about me working. And that means i get to miss the first gator game. oh well..i root them on in spirit. GO GATORS!!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:30 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

I my scale at walmart goes up to 400lbs cause I'm fat as a biscuit. Payed like 30 for it.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:39 PM   #41  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, that doesnt supprise me. I actually had chicken pox twice myself. The first time was not really serious I guess. It stinks that they now have the vaccine.

I also go my scale at Wallmart. It does the tenths in increments of 2. Love it. Not sure what the cost was ~ it was a couple years ago.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:48 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

GG ~ I am well aware of the light sensitivity. I put sunscreen on every morning and am constantly putting Berts Bee's on my lips (have to as they drive me nuts if I don't). Mainly, I avoid being in the sun. I have to walk my kids to and from school each day and that is it for me. I feel bad for my tots as we've never done less outdoor activities than this summer. Next summer is when I'll make it up to them. Thanks so much for sending the articles. This stuff has so many side effects that it's scary.

Happy Friday all ~ Just put all three kids to bed. They are exhausted tonight as the weather has been gorgeous today and they've spent most of it outside. Now I'm off to the patio with my honey to enjoy some hard cider (definitely *not* a good caloric evening). Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote