Old 01-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #121  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Barbara........I know.....it's wild.....I have rarely had two big WL weeks in a row. I think I needed it though.....cuz I was beginning to lose hope. Now, I just have to brace myself for a few weeks of no loss, or even a possible small gain. Luckily, I have been at this long enough to be prepared for this, and I wil do everything in my power to not lose hope I am low carbing right now, and I always show nice losses in the first few weeks. I am going to try and keep of LCing for 6 weeks. I have two weeks done, so, one more month and I can begin enjoying LAWL meals. Seems crazy to say, but you forget how yummy fruits and starches are until you taste them. When I get in a real funk, like I was over the last few months, a LC switch up really helps me to appreciate LAWL. Oh, and your DH stories were KILLING me. My DH's current hobby is sausage making......which would be just perfect for my low carb plan.....except he uses venison....and I just cannot stomach it. I wish I could...but I think there were too many years of seeing bambi, mouth gaping open, on top of the family wood paneled station wagon for me to ever eat venison.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #122  
Post-Master

Thanks, Kimberly
Old 01-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #123  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Great job Nicole!! And I have similar experiences with venison. Bleck.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #124  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello again. so i napped again today! good gosh this baby is sucking the life outta me! i even made a cake for DH, and straightened my hair so i look semi-decent. i don't know when he's arriving home, but it'll probably be late.

the kids are coming over tomorrow afternoon--julia and i are making lip balm (with this kit i got her for xmas) and jag is going to bring over this huge playdoh table/ activity center we got him for xmas that he hasn't busted into yet. so it should be a good afternoon.

kimberly, don't get down on yourself for the gain. surgeries totally mess with your body. when i had my galbladder out in 2003, right after i had my DD, i was puffy for awhile. give yourself a break and just keep with your eating plan and it'll work itself out.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #125  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Wow - I know why Jillian isn't around (hubbahubba), but where is everyone else?

NICOLE - great job on the loss. Take it and run with it.....Are you doing a specific plan or just keeping your carbs under a certain number?

Katie - how was the guitar hero/rock band party? I'm not sure I could handle something like that without (a) ear plugs or (b) alcohol???

Kimberly - sorry about your post surgery gain....but I'm sure glad you're on the Red Team (TBL Challenge)....LOL!!! just kidding. Come Week #3 you'll come back and be the team's biggest loser for the week.

Saturday I took an RPM (spin) class (which is about the only cardio I can do since I have a sore foot) and then I followed it up with my first ever water aerobics class which was pretty fun, but not sure it's for me. Then mid afternoon we had a pipe burst at home from the cold and what a frickin mess. All I was capable of doing was shutting off the main water valve. Plumber fixed the leak ($cha ching); then we had to have someone come and start working on all the water damage ($cha ching, $cha ching). Water was literally raining from the basement ceiling and the way the pipes were laid, it soaked carpet in my home office area (right about the leak) so that is all torn apart. Hello State Farm Insurance!! anyway...lots of body movement just trying to clean things up. YUCK. And we are days away from getting things back to normal!

On a pleasant note, I was still able to go see Celine Dion in concert last night...great show and I couldn't believe it but her son is 8 years old and Celine is the youngest of 14 children and her 81 year old mother has been going with her on her latest worldwide tour...

I'm hoping for some sort of loss next week since Week 2 was a bust (even though I exercised and journaled my calories and kept them at good levels). More protein next week and less carbs...that's my goal.

Last edited by Joni135; 01-18-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #126  
Post-Master

Wow, noone posted at all yesterday. I hope you are all doing ok and staying OP. I have been good, but it has not been easy. Today will be a special challenge, as I am making sweetie buns for the family and for DH to bring to work tomorrow to go with the BBQ chicken we made last night. It is divine, and the buns..........I cannot even begin to explain. They are just sweet enough to make you think, "hmm, do these taste sweet, or is it just me?" And they make the perfect bun to a salty, spicy meat for the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Holy crap.....would you listen to me......I sound like I have some serious issues with food. . Anyway...I plan to stay strong, and only have the chicken.....no sweetie buns for this girl

Have a nice relaxing Sunday everyone
XOXO
Old 01-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #127  
Post-Master

Hey Joni......guess we were posting at the same time

High protein is always a good idea My midwife told me she read a study where women ate almost half of their daily calories for breakfast and they managed to lose more weight and keep more weight off than those who didn't do that. Interesting, isn't it? I am currently doing the lazy guy's version of Atkins. I am just trying to keep my carbs super low......so me and meat have been spending a lot of time together. It gets old.....but after a coupld of weeks, I really do begin to eat to live instead of live to eat.......so that is good.

I did make the mistake of eating 6 sugar free Werther's candies yesterday....made me very sick to my stomach. They were pretty darn good though, and ALMOST worth it

So sorry about your water damage. It is good to hire someone to take care of that mess.....it can be dangerous (mold) to clean it yourself. We had a sewer back up a few years ago.......what a nightmare.

WTG staying on track all week. It feels good, doesn't it?

Ok, have to go punch down the dough (dang those sweetie buns).
XOXO
Old 01-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #128  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Ok, my husband is out of town. He WAS going to visit his uncle and cousin to play golf and just hang since his uncle's wife (aka AUNT) died on Christmas Day. It was just not feasible to do the memorial for her so I suggested MLK weekend instead so they would have more free time and get cheaper air fare. WELL...that suggestion truly was a God thing b/c the day he leaves his uncle is admitted to the hospital for not pooping. No biggie, RIGHT? His wife just died and the man drinks coffee and smokes. I figured he wasn't eating enough real food plus was dehydrated from coffee/cigs and that is why he wasn't pooping and all would be better soon and he's realize he needs to care for himself now that his wife isn't here to help. WRONG. They ended up having to open him up in surgery to find out what the obstructionw as and they discovered he has cancer masses on his liver, lung, pancreas, intestines, and in the lymphatic system. I guess this means he is terminally ill. That is what I would think were my hopes not clouding the situation. Anyway, I am glad my husband is there b/c the cousin is kind of bad socially and Erik is his only real FRIEND in the family...I don't know if he has the coping skills to deal with this alone.

On the flip side- MY KIDS ARE DRIVING ME NUTS. Hats off to you single mothers, because it blows knowing I can't even drive to the store for milk without carrying all 3 of them, plus my oldest plays dumb a lot if he doesn't want to do something, I think. It's aggravating! They are good kids, but I am glad my husband is usually here at night to help out. If my hubby goes to Malaysia for a few weeks with his job, I am gonna probably HAVE to leave here...visit family.

Diet Schmiet!
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #129  
LAWL since 9/06

Well this week was a bomb. I didn't lose any weight. Even after a successful TO. And yesterday at a B-Day party, I didn't have any Ice Cream Cake. I was so proud of myself. I hope this week will be better.

Dan and the Kids have tomorrow off, but I have to work. I hope they have fun doing something, whether it be Wii play or something. You don't have to go somewhere to have fun.
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #130  
Post-Master

Mary......so sorry to hear about DH's uncle.........but I have to tell you...you crack me up, girl. I hear you about having DH away....for whatever reason. When will he come home now?

Liz......hang in there girl.......it will show next week for you.
XOXO