3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Old 01-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #31
Katie

Height: 5'1

Haha, be strong Mary, be strong!! I would do it, but just because my DH and I love working on stuff together. We are one of those couples that could own and operate a business together and get along just fine, whereas I have a lot of friends that would probably end up killing each other.

Down .5 of a lb today, and yesterday I was fairly naughty. I did get my water in though, and a cup of parsley tea for water retention. I swear I've got 10 lbs of water sloshing around in my legs and ankles. Have a good day everyone!

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #32

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Mary - team mom jobs are for stay at home mom's... I don't even consider these as I would probably die from over extending myself! If you are a SAHM, then consider this - a lot of team mom's show up at practices, drop off papers, and leave... while the rest of us mom's have to, I mean GET to stay and watch the whole darn practice! Sometimes team mom's even get away with just an email rather than having to show up! You can wear your 'Marbear' jersey in the comfort of your own home! Especially since DH will always be there!!! Lucky you!

It's not about enjoying every single meal, it's about enjoying every single day!

Re-committing to my original goal!!!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #33

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

To all you FB'ers, I started adding FB friends - I really stink at FB, so don't expect much... Did we ever get a group name? Let's be Group1 for Pete's sake! We could waste all year trying to be creative! Or at least I know I could!

I'm a little feisty this morning, so tired from trying to fix a virus on my computer for the past 2 nights and up till 1am each nite! Also, staying up late seems like it doesn't fare well with me (along with drinking on the weekend and too many BLT's), I'm up 3lbs!!! Stinks!!!

JerseyAmy - I think it was you that posted the idea for a breakfast shake with spinach? I tried it this morning, you can smell the spinach a little, but it does not taste bad! I only used spinach, light and fit yogurt, and frozen cherries... I may have tried to use too much spinach, I was trying to get a whole veggie serving in there, but then noticed that a whole veggie serving of spinach is 2 CUPS!!! so I settled on 1/2 a veggie.

Hope everyone's Tuesday is TERRIFIC!!!

It's not about enjoying every single meal, it's about enjoying every single day!

Re-committing to my original goal!!!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #34
LAWL Salt Police

Got your FB request Julie, thanks!

G'morning all.. Day two of TO, and so far so good...
Will be interested to see what the scale might do tomorrow morning... I'm supposed to go play racquetball tonight, but I know the lack of food for the past couple of days might catch up to me and affect my game... Maybe I'll postpone until tomorrow...

Today's the day for me to go and talk to the doc about "the Big Snip"... Wish me luck so that I don't bolt out of there screaming...

LAWL Goal - 105 lbs. (300-195) - OWNED!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #35
Katie

Height: 5'1

Just take some deep breaths Dan......and a lot of ice! Hahaha, yeah, I know really funny. Good luck!

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #36
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning friends!

Kristen-GL with your first week! I can't wait to hear how much you lose.

Dan-Yikes-does not sound like fun! GL with that.

KimR-Hope your surgery went very well today!! Happy recovery. Don't take too long!

Yay for a loss Katie! I w/i for a 2lb loss last week. Not too shabby. I'll take it!

I have three hearings this afternoon.....so far things are getting easier everyday. I think I've finally nixed the nerves (somewhat) and am starting to feel more comfortable. Things have been a little slow, so I've had time to really focus on good meals and exercise. TIme to build these habits now before work gets crazy...
It's really nice to see three pages already. So glad everyone is on board for a great 2009. Keep it up peeps!!

I PMd Felicia a while back but haven't heard anything from her. Anyone talk to her outside of the boards? I miss her stories!

Last edited by amylou7777; 01-13-2009 at 12:29 PM.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #37
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

good morning al i have company coming over in a few, so i only have a second.......but anted to check in I will be back later
XOXO

Official Ticker:

10/14/2013----game ON! 213
Weekly Losses with Official WI day on Mon:
Week 1 Oct 21: WI 210.4 Loss: 2.6 lbs.
Week 2 Oct 31: WI 209.4 Loss: 1.0 lbs.
Week 3 Nov 4: WI 208.8 Loss: 0.6 lbs. WW
Week 4 Nov 11: WI 208.2 Loss: 0.6 lbs.
Week 5 Nov 18: WI 203.2 Loss: 5 lbs
Week 6 Nov 25: WI
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #38
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou7777 View Post

KimR-Hope your surgery went very well today!! Happy recovery. Don't take too long!
Thanks darlin'! I am home and feeling very good, but gonna milk it for all its worth when DH gets home! Ha ha ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou7777 View Post
I PMd Felicia a while back but haven't heard anything from her. Anyone talk to her outside of the boards? I miss her stories!
I miss her too! I hope she pops in soon! I was just wondering about her the other day!

bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #39

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

I miss Felicia too! Also Pearl and Cassie and Julie Marie and many others, but I understand that sometimes life is very busy.

Joni, Spin class can wear me out, but it does really wonderful things for your legs...

Dan, I have a hard time with too much exercise when on TO also. Raquetball might be a bit much.

Kimberly, I hope you are feeling better very soon. I'm sure there was more to the surgery than too much fat in the way!

Amylou, so glad that lawyering does not start out stressful. So smart to take this time before they load you down with work to concentrate on you. How are the wedding plans coming?

Amy, Sometimes you have to be frugal, better smart and a bit unsocial now than to dig yourself into a hole that you never get out of. You'll be able to handle expenses like that once you are out of school. How much longer do you have until you are done?

Jillian, cute purses, I saw the green one and I thought it would look very cute with your frog tattoo. I have a couple of coach bags, and they last a huge long time, so it may seem expensive, but when you factor in how long you will likely use it, it is not so bad. Is your toe feeling better yet? I had visions of you limping around a grocery store and I felt so bad for you the other day. Is the weather better there today?

Katie, how sweet that your DH and you could do a business together. Is he still at home all day? My DH can entertain himself and I fear if he was home all day that I would hardly be able to drag him out of his hobby room. He has a constantly shifting set of hobbies, with model railroad and radio controlled helicopters being the current favorite thing. Nothing like a video on train models to put me to sleep instantly... I have a real hard time with that one. At least the helicopter keeps my cats interested. I have had to institue a personal no fly zone though, since I don't like having small helicopters attempt to land on my head. My no fly zone comes complete with threatened flicking of helicopters... My DH is just a boy with his toys.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #40
LAWL since 9/06

Hey all,

Well Day 2 of TO and I am doing pretty good so far. Yesterday I did really good and plus had TKD and did stairs at work to boot. I think I may see some results. Just need to keep up with the activity. Hard to do when you work at a computer all day.

It is great to be back. I am back in my 16s so it doesn't please me too much. I liked being in my 14s much better. So after going back up, I am ready to come back down. I know I have the best support team there is, my hubby and you all.

"Never give up, Never surrender" - Galaxy Quest

Overall Goal:

Goal: 2/4/2009

1 - 2 lbs

Goal: 2/14/2009

4 lbs
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #41
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all.
well the weather is a bit better today, but it's suppose to get super cold and possibly more snow.
my toe is still pretty icky looking and feeling. i'm getting used to the limping around. the bruising looks quite terrible.

dan--good for you for choosing to take that step so your wife doesn't have to! my first DH did it and had it done on a friday and was back at work on monday. and lucky for me DH is gonna do it after this baby is born too. gosh, i'm so lucky to have men that will do that for me. it's actually a better alternative instead of having tubes tied. such a shorter recovery time.

kim--sorry your surgery didn't go as planned. bummer!

ok..DS didn't nap and is tearing the house apart! ugh. someone save me!

"Exercising is like brushing your teeth...it's just something you have to do everyday."

"Success often comes from doing ordinary things with extraordinary commitment."
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #42
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Hey all good to 'see' you! I am finally back online after the christmas rush.. it was hard going away because I didn't loose anything on the flip side I never gained a lb. That was good news after such a busy season so now back onto the loosing thing. I am stocked up on all the things I need to make this work and hope it will move the scale in the right direction.

Anybody have new tips/tricks that are working for them?

Dan- My husband had a no-scalpel done, it was so worth it to have it done better!

Jillian- LOVE the green purse, both are cute. Hope you get some rest this afternoon.

Nicole- my kids were 'sick' today too.. I didn't want to drag them out in the freezing cold blizzard today.

Barb- god job on POPping!

Hello to everyone else, miss you and hope you had a great holiday season!

*hugs*

One smiley for every 5 lbs lost.. this time I'm kickin' my inner FAT chick!
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #43
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyW View Post
Hey all,

Well Day 2 of TO and I am doing pretty good so far. Yesterday I did really good and plus had TKD and did stairs at work to boot. I think I may see some results. Just need to keep up with the activity. Hard to do when you work at a computer all day.

It is great to be back. I am back in my 16s so it doesn't please me too much. I liked being in my 14s much better. So after going back up, I am ready to come back down. I know I have the best support team there is, my hubby and you all.

Uh Oh! She's back!! Ya'll better watch what you say to me, or Liz'll be after you!!

Well, in reality, she'd probably be joining you, but it never hurts to hope...

LAWL Goal - 105 lbs. (300-195) - OWNED!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #44

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Liz, Good luck on TO. At least you probably have toned fingers from all the typing right? Do you get up and walk the stairs on a break? I'm considering doing that... the starbucks walk has certain down sides to it.

Dan, Hope we don't get you into trouble. Even if we did request a picture of the bike pants. LOL.

Elizabeth, not gaining over the holidays is a major victory.

The sun is out today! It has been so depressing lately, so it is great to see it
Old 01-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #45
LAWL since 9/06

Barbara,

Yes. A group of us do 4 flights of stairs 3 times, a day right now. The number of times goes up about every week. It is a bit tougher than it looks, but oh so worth it. Plus it gives me a break from sitting all day.

"Never give up, Never surrender" - Galaxy Quest

Overall Goal:

Goal: 2/4/2009

1 - 2 lbs

Goal: 2/14/2009

4 lbs
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote