Old 01-15-2009, 01:06 AM   #76  
Amy

Hey guys!

The knot tying is hilarious... My DH's hobbty is video games and aisoft rifles. Those guns that shoot the little plastic bullets. Video games are his first love though. I guess I feed into it, giving him Call of Duty 5 for CHristmas. (Call of Duty 4 was last Christmas.) He plays online with my younger brother and another family friend. I guess there are worse hobbies! At least I know where he will always be!

Jillian- ther's no relief in sight. Just weekends with DH for now. Apparently he got the job in MD (right by Aberdeen, Bel Air- I am sure your DH knows the area well...) but they don't know when he will start. He will be a technical recruiter for his present company, this is basicaly a transfer. Since there is no official start date, no talks of $$, we don't believe it. Even if he gets it, it's still another 2-3 months til we move in together officially. SOMEDAY...

Amylou- WW is going wel. Still aching today. Should have walked, but didn't. Am hosting a WW meeting among friends on Monday night... will let you know if any of the dishes being brought are edible!

Stay warm!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #77  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

good morning all. well, another 2hr late start for DD's school today. i just wish they would cancel it altogether. it's so freakin' cold out. i'm so sick of hearing/talking about the dang weather.

amy--so sorry that there's not much relief in sight for you and DH finally living under the same roof. totally blows. at least he's not in a foreign country getting shot at or you have absolutely no contact with him or something, right? i'm not trivializing it at all, because i know it sucks not having him with you, but i suppose it could be worse, right? keep being strong, girl!

ok. gotta go. be back later today. i hope this day goes by fast. i'm seriously done with this week. ugh.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:38 AM   #78  

Height: 5'6

Down 4 lbs after the 2 day fast forward! Now I'm on the regular program and of course I slept in this morninG! I HAD to make my lunch for today though so no time for breakfast. I grabbed a LA shake though so better than nothing. I'm looking at the nutritional info and it seems pretty close to what a Slim FAst shake would be...anyone ever use those? I'm really trying to do this all with real food but I have a 45 minute commute to work and some days I can't drag my *** outta bed early enough to make breakfast..
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #79  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Just checking in...it's freezing here. The actual air temp is -29F, with the wind it's -45F. Crazy. Why do I live in Minnesota?? DS only had school 1 1/2 days this week because of the weather. Good thing DH doesn't work this time of year so he's able to stay home with the kids on these crappy days. The only other good thing about the cold is that my body seems to shrink a little bit. Like my ring is almost falling off!

DH & I are going to Florida at the end of the month for a PGA golf convention. How boring. I have to help him buy merchandise for his shop, but I'm secretly only going to get a break from the weather (& my kids)! I know that sounds horrible, but I rarely get a break from my kids. I think I’ve only left them twice for a two night stretch because of out-of-town weddings, so DH and I really need a break! DS is bummed because he really wants to come with but we go back to Florida at the end of February as a family. So that will be another nice break for the Minnesota weather!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #80  

Height: 5'6

Dawn I would use any excuse to go to Florida this time of year haha.Even if you have to do some work..at least it's warm! My future father in law lives in Tampa...and I haven't even met him yet...I'm trying to convince my bf we need to visit :P
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #81  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! Sorry to all of you who are so dang cold! It has been unseasonably warm here, getting into the mid 30's every day, around 10 or so at night. Usually in January we are below zero most of the month.

Kim- That is hilarious about your poor pup. My chihauhau is the same way, all pathetic and everything. Last night he got really wild running and playing, and then drank an entire bowl of water, so I refilled it and he drank half of that. His belly was distended from all of the water. I was so worried about him peeing on my bed that I got him up twice in the night to pee. He was not thrilled to be tossed out at 3:00 in the morning to go potty.

Joni- I am still doing daycare during the week, then work at the clinic on the weekends. We are also going to start doing house calls for Reiki for cancer patients next month, so I will be working at night a little bit too. Hopefully a lot, actually. I am really ready to make the clinic my full time job. I have done daycare for 9 years. It pays well, and has kept me home with my kids, but in the fall, all of my kids will be in school all day. By then, I plan to be working in my clinic only. It is the most fullfilling work I have ever done. There is something so amazing about really helping people.

Mary- Just keep pushing, you are doing great!

About the DHs hobbies. Mine is a hobby jumper too. He loves to learn how to do stuff, but then forgets about it an moves on before he has perfected the process. Examples of things he can do, has all of the stuff to do, but never actually does do: Gas powered helicopters, wine making (he does still do this one, actually. My closet is full of wine that has fermenting for many months), tattooing (he has a great kit, but no one to practice on, LOL), a huge art set that I finally started letting my kids get into an paint watercolors on little canvases, airbrushing, car painting, and the list goes on......
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #82  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang...

Happy to report I'm down 5 lbs since starting the "race" last week.. I figure my initial 3lbs loss was mostly water, but with being good, diet-wise and this week's TO, the 5lb. total is real weight.. Yay!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #83  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

It is officialy too cold to be outa bed.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #84  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

but I am outa bed......don't worry....but barely. I keep having thoughts of jumping back in, .

The only thing keeping me outa the sack is I have some fun things to do today. My creative bug has been itching pretty bad lately, so I have a Cars wall hanging to make for DS, some Valentine's hearts to cut out for the kids to make Valentines, and a painting to finish. No, I don''t really paint....I am dabbling.........ought to prove interesting. Anyway........I went to Michael's yesterday and spent $28 bucks on paper and decorations to make these silly VD cards. I don't really like spending that much $$$ on VD for the kids....but they all LOVE making them. I have only let them make them a couple of times, but they work on them for hours. This year, I finally decided to get them supplies early enough.......so they have lots of time to make them special and unique. And, guess who else likes playing iwth paper,scissors and paste........

Well, if I want to have time to play, I guess I have to get some work done. I better get back with the flylady so I have time to be a SAHM with a clean house and creativity....... Usually it is a trade off for me.........
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #85  
Amy

Hey guys!

Quiet in here today!

I decided to get on the scale this morning, I couldn't resist temptation! The good nes is I am down 3 lbs since Monday! AHH!!! I am so excited. And that's with last night's pizza binge!

Other good news is that Unemployment was extended again in NJ, so I am eligible for extended benefits. NJ is a great state... there are good things here too!!! This will help us out financially so much as I make more on unemployment than I ever could with a part time job. And DH has an expensive hotel bill each month living in PA.

We had a dusting of snow this morning, which is almost gone. It is pretty cold though, so I may walk with Leslie today. Haven't done it yet, but I like how you guys say how many miles you've walked in a week! I may start a ticker!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #86  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Don't eat the paste, Nicole.

I apparently am in the dreaded "week 2" (you TBL watchers should get the reference) So far I have lost nada, zip, nothing this week. It's OK, though, I'm still plugging along. Not being able to exercise is bumming me out though, so I started just lifting some weights while sitting in my chair last night.

Dan - you go, man! Glad TO was successful.

OK, sorry so quick - gotta go!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Katie - what sign is your DH? Sagitarrius? That is so me!

Nicole - crafts with kids... do they do their own cleanup? I might be up for it if the cleanup is included...

Kim - I added you as a friend on FB... I think. I looked through a couple other's friend lists and thought that 'Kim' might be you... we'll see.

Amylou - I think this was in another thread but I can't keep them straight... I was the one that tasted the spinach in the shake, but I've been trying them LAWL friendly, so I'm only allowed 12 cherries with 8oz yogurt and I tried fitting 2cups of spinach to equal a serving, but could only get 1cup in the bullet... also, I didn't splurge on the splash of OJ. I have tried some other veggies with my shake, yesterday I added a small zucchini and didn't taste it and today I added 6 baby carrots and did not taste them! I'm doing this mostly as an experiment to see if I can get my DH and kids to try them... I don't usually have a problem getting my veggies in as I could eat just about any vegetable raw or cooked and love it! My family is another story.

And to all you race to 20ers - you guys are awesome!

Have a THRILLING thursday
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #88  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi Ladies!

I love that we are all facebook friends I like being able to see your pics!

Julie is that you and your family in your profile pic?

Guess what kids I have a new goal to shoot for! We are going to Mexico in Feb. 02/21 through 2/28 to be exact! I am sooo pumped! WHOOOO!

No more -35 degrees! God I hate North Dakota! HA!

Nicole the Valentines sound like soo much fun!

Amy how does your DH like staying in a hotel? Does he just play a lot of Video games. God I think I would hate that?

Hi Katie!

Kim just keep plugging away you will see the results soon!

Last edited by cecil; 01-15-2009 at 02:31 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kim, You just had a really big week last week. 7 pounds is huge for a week. I wish it came off in some orderly fashion, but it never seems too. Huge weeks followed by nothing.... frustrating, since the effort is more constant than that.

Cecil, What part of Mexico are you going to? How fun.

Katie, My DH seems to rotate hobbies, and he gets hugely excited about stuff. He is a super enthusiastic guy. Which can be a lot of fun, or hugely annoying depending on how you feel about the hobby du jour. During the golf phases, sometime I tire of my butt being the target for all his chipping of wiffle balls in the house. Although I thought I was pretty tolerant for only snapping at him when he started to get good at it.... I did feel really bad when I flicked that helicopter with my finger and flew across the room and hit the wall though, but he stopped flying it around me (it is cold and it is winter so I don't need the fanning).

Last edited by BarbaraB; 01-15-2009 at 03:10 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #90  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

HA! Barbara That helicoptor story is FUNNY! HA! I can see myself doing that. Although I think DB knows better. HA!

Cancun, The Sands Resort! With my Girlfriend and her BF. YEAH! Sooo excited! We just booked the flight!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote