Old 01-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #46  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Yay! Liz is back! TO - it always looms so badly, yet it really is just 2 days. Glad it is going well.

Kimberly - speedy recovery to ya! You people that have surgery and are online the same day amaze me. I milked my surgery big time.

Amy - What type of law are you practicing? I think you have said before, but I can't recall. You are handling it great! I'd be an inner basket case (I hold things like that in, while appearing fine on the outside - not good).

Hey Elizabeth - wow, you are true to your word - you said you were taking a 4 week break, and you were right! You dod a really good job over the holidays, it's so hard no to gain. Welcome back!

I had to cancel tonight's trainer appt - I did something to put my back out this AM, and I am now walking like a cross between George Jefferson and Joe Cocker. It's awful. And to top it off, someone was in my parking place this afternoon and I had to park in East Weezamboo. Ugh. Luckily DH shoveled a path to the Hot Tub on Sunday, so I have a date with that tonight.

See y'all tomorrow!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:53 PM   #47  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

ouch, kim.......that sucks.......but thanks for the fun mental picture of a cross between you, george, and joe
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 137.5/137.5/125

Height: 5'4''

Good Evening Everyone!
I hope everyone had a good day! It is the coldest it has been here in NY in a long time and my body does not like the cold. Maybe there will be a snow day tomorrow because it is too cold. I wouldn't mind staying curled up in my nice warm bed for a few more hours.

I am off to bed! Talk to everyone tomorrow!
Heather5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #49  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

dang, i just found out that the crib i just ordered from amazon.com has been recalled! ugh. it has already shipped so i can't cancel it.
so now i have to contact the company for a free replacement repair kit. ugh! what a freakin' pain in the butt.
i guess at least i found out now before the baby got here and was sleeping in it. but still. ticks me off.
ugh!!!!!

ok. done venting. going to bed now.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #50  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

That sucks Jillian.. glad you found out and get the kit sooner than later. What kind of crib did you pick? I can't believe you are already over 1/2 way done!

Hope you all have a super day tomorrow, I planned out my meals so hopefully I get loosing. seems like lots of people are on takeoff.. I might join in.. I probably could use a boost to get loosing.

For those of you that have been successful on LA.. what are your best tips? I know the salt, portioning etc.. just wondering if there are certain foods that work best for you. For me if I am eating 6 small meals, I do much better than 3 bigger ones.. oh and getting my water in.

Happy middle of the week!
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:15 AM   #51  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

ok, so i totally posted this on the VICTORIES thread by mistake. can you tell it's prego brain for me today!?! ha. ok..sorry here's what i posted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yay for Amy and resisting the cookies! you RULE!

so school is 2hrs late for DD today, so i'm sitting here having a yummy sugar-free soy latte so that way i don't fall asleep on DS today! ha.
it's suppose to get to -22 tonight. yikes. and the high for today is -3. ick.

ok. i'll check back in later, hopefully.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:30 AM   #52  
Post-Master

good morning everyone
Old 01-14-2009, 09:30 AM   #53  

so yep, I decided to do take off for a couple of days. Already had breakfast and 1/4 of my H2O! Hope you all have a POP day!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #54  
Post-Master

wow......what a great start, Elizabeth. It is so good to have you back. How are the girls?
XOXO
Old 01-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #55  
LAWL Salt Police

Mornin' all!

Well, first indications are that TO worked.. I yo-yo'ed a bit from my initial loss last week, which tells me it was mostly water that I lost, so total loss so far, beginning last week, is 4 lbs.

I think a better indication will be what the scale says tomorrow, as it usually takes a couple of days for whatever you've eaten to affect your losses or gains.

Keeping it light today, with egg beaters for breakfast and some green chile/turkey meatloaf I cooked up last night.. It's pretty spicy, so I'm hoping Liz can handle it. I mixed the green chile in with the meat and then mixed a small amount of red chile paste into the ketchup glaze topping. I know the glaze is probably a bit more salty than it should be, but I just can't face turkey meatloaf without a little added extra flavor.. Seems no matter how much I spice up the meat it always comes out kind of bland.. Well, no worries about that this time!!

Have a great day all!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #56  

Dan that sounds great! I find spicy foods make me feel more full.. maybe it's because they take longer to eat?

Nicole.. girls are good, we had a great time together over the holidays. How is your clan doing? you find it hard sometimes to make the time for you to put yourself first? I find that I leave myself for the last but this year I am putting myself in top priority. As a mom I function better when I am eating right and sleeping well.. even if the house gets left a bit more than I would like. I hired a mother's helper to come in one day a week and that has been so amazing for me.

Kim.. I am jealous you have a hot tub! Hopefully it will give your back some relief. *feel better*
Old 01-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Dan - I don't know why every time you mention GREEN CHILE my mouth waters! You always make it sound so delicious! I love green chile, but don't use it nearly as much as I should!

I watched TBL last night - I didn't want the person that left to go home, but was reallllllly happy to see his update at the end and in hindsight feel that the right choice was made. I used my DVR to watch!!! Also did 2 exercise shows that I had recorded from earlier in the day, I love love LOVE the DVR! High Def I could really care less about... my dh is all hyped up about that one, but I guess that since I'm supposed to wear glasses and don't I'm already used to the fuzzy picture!

Hope everyone's Wednesday is Wonderful
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #58  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Elizabeth – you look like someone, but I can’t place it….a movie star? As far as what worked for me when I did LAWL – keeping the Journal was key; v8 juice helped fill some of my veggie quotas….It’s been so long…I can’t really remember..sorry.

Kim – sorry to hear about your back AND your stolen parking spot! Hope the hot tub hits the spot!

Jillian – now those are some cold temps….It’s cold in GA, but not in the minuses! I like your purse selections....ENJOY! Hopefully the crib fix kit won't be too complicated.....

Oh Barbara – this cracked me up:
Quote:
My DH can entertain himself and I fear if he was home all day that I would hardly be able to drag him out of his hobby room. He has a constantly shifting set of hobbies, with model railroad and radio controlled helicopters being the current favorite thing. Nothing like a video on train models to put me to sleep instantly... I have a real hard time with that one. At least the helicopter keeps my cats interested. I have had to institue a personal no fly zone though, since I don't like having small helicopters attempt to land on my head. My no fly zone comes complete with threatened flicking of helicopters... My DH is just a boy with his toys.
At least his hobbies seem normal to me…my DH is currently into knot tying...did you all know there is an official knot tying guild and hundreds of books on knot tying? That, combined with his master YO YOing skills are just hard to beat. I wish his hobbies were cleaning house, folding laundry, washing cars, etc.!

So Dan – did you run out of the docs office screaming?

Nicole - hope you had fun with your company!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #59  
Amy

Hey guys!

It's pretty cold here too, but NOTHING near below zero!

TBL was good last night, I believe it was the right decision. I would have done the same thing. I was so happy the girl (Tara?) won the competition. I sometimes think they are a little unfair. Men are built differently from women and on some of those competitions, there's not a chance a woman could win. I wish they had strategy competitions more or somthing like that. That way the women or the heavier people could have a chance. The teenager (Dan?) definitely doesn't have a chance against them!

My DH and I are stil not living together, so I talkon the phone to him as much as I can. He works 2nd shift, so I talk to him from 1:15p-1:30p on his way into work, maybe 15 minutes during his shift, and then he calls me when he gets out. His shift ends at 10:30, but he's never out before 12. These last two nights have been after 2am! It's killing me! I slept in until 12 today. That's fine any other time, but I start school next week and am trying to get my body adjusted for it. UGH!

I am aching today from exercising, but I love this ache! I will just walk and jumpjacks today. I am playing piano for an area high school's musical, so I am spending today practicing. They're doing what's called "The All Night Strut." It's music from the 30's-50's. Kind of fun!

Have a great day guys!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #60  
Amy

Oh, and no wonder they lose so much weight so fast, like 25 lbs in a week! That was the first time last night that I heard they are exercising 8 hours a day! WOW. That's a diet though, not a lifestyle change! They go back to their lives without Bob and Jillian and 8 hours in the gym every day!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote