Old 08-17-2005, 09:27 AM   #31  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

It's not a problem--I don't have any more graham crackers. All I have in my house is healthy stuff--the problem is, even a binge on healthy stuff is no good I have to get myself under control or I am likely to binge on strawberries, low-fat cheese, skinless chicken, or low-sugar/low-fat oatmeal instead of my low-fat graham crackers I'm changing the days in my plan around--normally, Sunday is my scheduled day of only fruits and veggies, but I am doing that today instead. I packed strawberries and peaches to eat at the office (frozen, thawed slices) and had some pineapple chunks (in juice, not syrup) for breakfast. When I go to Ruby Tuesday for job #2, I may order some sides of sugar snap peas, mashed cauliflower, and/or broccoli for dinner. That pluys drinking my 9+ servings of water daily should help to at least flush out some of the bad so I know where I'm really starting from Also, since I have to work both jobs today, I won't have that spare time to sit at home and eat!!

lizzbabe--I am the same way with peanut butter! I really love the reduced-fat kind (especially Skippy!) because it's not as sticky. Jeff likes the regular (full-fat) kind, so I only buy that now. That way, there's no peanut butter for me, as I have certainly been known to eat a half a jar in one sitting

Thanks for the words, guys!

***whoa--weird! I posted this at 11:29am, but for some reason, it says 9:27am and put my post even before christy's post, which I read before I replied, so I KNOW hers was there first! strange...***

Last edited by jillybean720; 08-17-2005 at 09:29 AM.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:54 AM   #32  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Liz~ those bars sound delish!! I'll definitely be trying them out!

Jill~ I'm with Liz...THROW OUT THE GRAHAM CRACKERS!! I can't tell you how many times I've had to just give something to the dogs b/c I couldn't make myself stop eating it...believe me, it will be worth it in the end!

Well, guess what I got pulled into for this weekend? Making a 10-hour drive down to Daytona Beach for my brother-in-law and his friend to attend a reptile convention! He's starting college this year to be a herpetologist so I'm telling myself it's to further his carreer...LOL. His mom wouldn't let them go without an adult...so here I am (well, sort of)!

*edit* almost forgot...I had an AWESOME dinner last night that I thought I'd post here for those of you who love spicy stuff. I don't have the nutrition facts though.

Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Take 1 Boboli whole wheat pizza crust and spread on a thin layer of your favorite wing sauce. Cover with a layer of FF mozarella cheese. Add whatever veggies you like (onion, pepper, whatever...I had it with no veggies). Grill up some boneless, skinless chicken breast and cut it into chunks. Toss the chunks in a ziploc bag with a couple of tablespoons of the sauce then add to the pizza. Cover with another sprinkle of cheese (just enough to hold the chicken in place when it melts). Bake on 350 until cheese is melted.

It was SOOO yummy...if you like Pizza Hut's Buffalo Chicken pizza you should love it!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:05 PM   #33  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Jillybean: Hang in there, just start over right now! Don't beat yourself up, get control and move on! The sooner you get back on track the happier you'll be! Good Luck, you can do it! I think a lot of us on the board are recovering bingers, so just for the future, maybe think about what is triggering this binge, stress? Bad food at your fingertips, bored?...you'll soon be EX-binger once you figure that out.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 06:16 PM   #34  
Proud US Navy Wife

Jilly - *hugs* I feel your pain.. I <3 graham crackers too! I just haven't had them in forever... Don't let your binge get to you! I know you're doing wonderfuly.

I'm all thrilled, because my mom and my sister left this morning, and they won't be home until sometime on Friday, so I can do my exercises whenever I want without the fear of them happening upon me and staring. PLUS my boyfriend is comming over tomorrow.. when my mom saw him last night she gave me an "I know what YOU'LL be doing while I'm away" look.. how rude.

I've done pretty well today.. ate my healthy food and once again resisted the fried things at work.. wow it's been about 2 weeks since I've eaten a fry! I'm so proud of myself..

I think I'll lie down for a bit, then walk to the grocery store and get something for dinner! (Mom, of course, left the house with nothing eatable inside).
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:45 PM   #35  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

ugh i Don't know what is wrong with me - though I stayed up way too late last night (530am) looking for something I lost. I still cant' find it, and it will cost 100 dollars to replace. (it is a parking permit) urg - I have been thru the trash three times, and though the piece of paper i left with it is in there, i can't seem to find the permit itself - and I have NO idea where I put it when I moved. its sooo frustrating

at least I made it to the gym today where I swam for an hour. we have two pools, olympic and dive. so for the first 40 minutes I attempted to keep going in the olympic pool - i was kind of tired I think. then we got kicked out and I did my other 20 in the dive pool. though I almost gave up I got into a sprint series that was really fun. sprinting one way, resting on the waay back - i was going faster than I normally do, and I think it really wore me out, because I came home, watched some episodes of my fav bbc comedy (Green wing) and fell asleep. note I had only been up since like 12! took a nap around 530 - wonder what time I'll be going to bed tonight! But on the plus side, it turned out to be the boys polo practice today at the big pool (why I got kicked out) and let me say - whistle whistle. man they are well built. I may have to go watch another day

anyway, guess its time to go thru the trash and scour my apt one more time tonight before I have to fork over 100!

ciao - B
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:46 PM   #36  
Bida Bida Bida

oh y eah, and i wanted to add - its not been gram crackers for me - but healthy choice mint chip ice cream and cappicino crunch. yum yum!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:01 AM   #37  
All That's Left of Me

Bida - Okay, don't want to totally alienate you on here and sound like a religious nut (no idea whether or not you're christian). But I lose things all the time, and just about every time I ask God for help he points me in the right direction. Sounds silly I know, but hey...he loves those little leaps of faith (even from those with faith to spare). Besides, what have you got to lose?

Sorry if this is inappropriate for the bord...just found it good timing as this morning I could not find my thyroid pills (looked for them for over an hour) and when I finally was about to give up I said out loud "C'mon Lord...help me out here". Right away he let me know where to look (I am not making this up), which is the last place I would have thought of...and there they were. Baby steps I suppose. Good luck Bida!

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:24 AM   #38  
Proud US Navy Wife

Amanda - that happened to me once. Sort of. I was looking for my friend's digital camera, and I asked her cat to help me find it. Lo and behold... kitty pointed me right to it!
Old 08-18-2005, 06:16 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Bida, is it for the university? they probably will have a record of it and can get you another one probably just for a $5-10 replacement fee I would think. Good luck! I am constantly losing things myself.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 07:46 AM   #40  
Mikey's girl

I hate when that happens! you lose sometihng, and you see it in your head in like 100 million different places and its never there!! I hope you find it!!
On another note, thurdsday is her already! WHEW there goes summer... How is it everyone doing on their challenge? the 1500 min or whatnot excersizing.. isnt' it a fun way to figure out how much you you really work out?? LOL TEA TIME! I love the guys here!1
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:32 AM   #41  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies! Stepped on the scale again this morning since I hadn't lost anything as of weigh day (Monday)...lo and behold, down another 1.5!! WOOT--I finally broke the 20 lbs mark!!

bida~ I agree that you should check with whomever you got your parking permit from...as long as they have a record of you paying the first time surely you won't have to pay the full $100!

justforus~ I have been doing AWFUL with the exercise...I don't know what I'm going to do to get my rear moving...

amanda~ not silly...that's wonderful. And you're right...what have you got to lose? I mean, obviously you already lost whatever it is you're trying to find....LOL.

fae~ I would love to have the house to myself to get some exercise...worrying about people watching me is part of the reason I hardly ever do it at home! Awesome job on the fries BTW! And your cat is your deity huh? Interesting...I'll put you on my prayer list.
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:54 PM   #42  
Proud US Navy Wife

Christy - I wouldn't say my cat is my deity, exactly.. I just couldnt find the durned camera! And her kitty was wandering around the room, so I asked her to find it for me... She kept jumpin into the corner of the closet, so I looked there, and behold! There it was.

I just woke up.. yes I AM aware that it is almost 1 pm, but that's just fine with me *G*. I think I need to feed myself now. Foooooooooooood.

Happy thursday everyone!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:56 PM   #43  
Bida Bida Bida

amanda - no I am not a religious person - sorry.

yes the permit will cost 100 for it being lost - that is what the lady on the phone told me.

am gonna look thru the trash before the shower again since i didn't get to looking yesterday...

dim sum challenges today andt then deli with relatives (first with fellow classmates)

should be good, but I will make sure to just get the steamed stuff. right??? i will attempt!

I should weigh myself this week, its been awhile - I have been to afraid since i went to NYC.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:32 PM   #44  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Amanda, I enjoy hearing your outlook on things. Very refreshing. When I first started working out and eating right, I picked up a book called eating God's way, which is basically just eating things that aren't processed and are from the earth, life veggies, fruits, and nuts. Lots of good basic information that sometimes we just plain forget about.

I just got done working out w/ bf, I love his gym much nicer than mine, but I don't really feel like I get that good of a workout since I mostly just stare at him, and then giggle the whole time I'm supposed to be doing reps. LOL, it's fun though, a nice change to my usual schedule of working out.

Yea!!!! tommorrow is Friday! Woo Hoo
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:41 PM   #45  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Hey ladies!!

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days.. first while I was running errands for work.. my car broke down. I knew it was coming for a while, but it was very unpleasant when it finally did because I swear it was a thousand degrees in my car. While I love working up a sweat at the gym, sitting in a parking lot soaked in my own perspiration is NOT my idea of fun.
So most of yesterday was spent waiting and bumming rides.

I got up early this morning and went to the gym at my apartment complex since I knew today would be really crazy. I love working out in the morning, but it kind of threw off my evening 'work out and don't overeat thing' I had working for me. So the past few days have been busy and slightly stressful, but I think I would give myself a B overall.

In the past few days my roommate and a girl I hadn't seen all summer told me I looked like I had lost weight! I don`t think I look smaller really, but that made me feel better.

I also realized that sugar gives me wicked cravings. OK, it took me twenty years to learn this.. I'm a little slow. But I realized that when I give in and have candy at work I am soooo hungry later. However, when I have carrots or something non-sugary but about the same amount of calories.. I don't have that grumpy, unending hunger thing. Just wanted to share my findings.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch up tomorrow!! Stay strong!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote