Old 08-18-2005, 11:54 PM   #46  
Proud US Navy Wife

Today was a wonderful day, although not the best oen food-wise.. I went to my bf's parents' house, and they had a cookout.. 2 cheeseburgers, kilbasea, and chips and soda for me! I know, BAD fae.. you just don't know these people.. they are all the kind that MAKE you eat It really was lovely though, I got to spend the whole day with him!

I cried when he left. I won't se ehim again until March. hug me.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 12:41 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

On a somewhat unrelated note I remember when I was heavy (er) and saw people I hadn't seen in awhile they would always remarked that I "looked like I had lost weight" even though I knew I hadn't. Is this something people always say to fat people to try and make them feel better? Just curious if anyone else had experienced this...
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 12:52 AM   #48  
Proud US Navy Wife

Lizzie - I know! People say that to me all the time, I think because they know I am so sensitive about it.. "Have you lost weight??" In reality, I haven't lost (even gained a bit) in a few years... I suppose it's a nice gesture, but I would rather they not say anything at all..
Old 08-19-2005, 06:29 AM   #49  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

WHEW, I was able to greatly minimize this week's damage. I thought I was going to post like a 5-pound gain at TOPS last night (between hormones, water retention, bingeing...), but I only gained 1.25. Only? Heh, how sad that I'm glad it's only 1.25, huh? But at least 1.25 should be easy enough to lose by next week. My goal for next week is to lose 2.25 pounds, because then I will be at 279.75--below 280

I have had 3 people in the past few days tell me that I look like I have lost weight As of this morning, though, I feel it is genuine because I am wearing pants today that used to be too tight on my thighs and waist to wear in cases other than laundry emergencies, but today I am wearing them with at least an extra inch of fabric throughout the thighs and without cutting off the circultion around my waist I hate that I have lost about 30 pounds and yet not even lost a single dress size, but at least the clothes I already have are fitting much better!

I am so insanely grateful for this site. I cannot even begin to express how helpful it is! Without everyone here, I probably would have turned that binge on low-fat graham crackers into an all-out week-long food fest, ya know? I would have been stopping at McDonald's thinking, heck, I already know I gained, so I might as well make it worth it...But coming on here and reading everyone else's posts and experiences and encouragement just helps SO much

jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 09:33 AM   #50  
Mikey's girl

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!
Lizzbabe - I have gotton that my whole life, every time I see someone that I haven't seen them in like a month or so they always comment. My one group of friends that I saw 2 weeekends ago were like, "oh my god you have lost so much weight, lah blah blah" I said thank you, but Im thinking, I have lost 10 friggin pounds, big flippin deal.I wonder if they say it because they mean it or its just said.I dont say it to anyone unless i really really mean it, because yes it does feel good, for the moment, but once it passes it kinda sux. In my eyes at least, unless I really have lost weight.

Jilly~ see what happens when you are too down on yourself, you realize that its not as bad as you think! keep up the good work!!

FAE~ Hey your BBQ sounds like fun. WHy wont you see your BF until MaRCH? (((((((HUGS))))))))))

Lizzie~ your poor car. is she ok?? (I call it a she because ia lways name my cars! LOL )
Understandable on being stressed I would be to! Hope your WEEKEND goes much better.. ((((((HUGS)))))))

On another note, we have this roommate, who is just HOT, but personailty SUCKS! and he of course has all of these hot firends, whom I talk to when they come over. Well they came over last night, because they were going out to the bar, hair done, button up shirts tan you know, the real pretty bot model type, fun to look at but could never date them,? anyhow, I forgot that one of them told me over the weekend that if I wasnt with mike "even though Im not really his type" he would date me in a minute. Well he came over he has the prettiest light blue eyes, I dunno! I could just look at him all night. ANYHOW (get to the point ) He came over last night, a little drunk and was hitting on me in front of my BF It was kinda funny, because mike is not jealouswhat so ever, but it was uncomfortable. Felt good, made my weekend, so I just had to share.. Sorry for the long post, just the right way to start the weekend... ((HUGS))

Last edited by JustForUs; 08-19-2005 at 09:42 AM.
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 11:57 AM   #51  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Friday Ladies!

Any ideas on how to stay On Plan this weekend, since this is something we have all been struggling with.

I am making myself workout this weekend, so even if I get Off plan, I weill have at least gotten in a couple of hours of workouts. Usually I don't workout or eat right, so this will be something new for me.

I also wanted to add that on the whole "you look like you've lost weight", I think people honestly believe that when they say it. Maybe there is a small like maybe one or two people who that is just a greeting for them. In my own experience I find that when people say that I take it as a compliment and smile the rest of the day.

Have a great day!

Last edited by spillthebeans; 08-19-2005 at 12:03 PM.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #52  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies. Woo-hoo, it's Friday!

I struggle being OP on the weekends, too, Spill. I like you're idea of at least getting the workouts in. I'm going to really try and get the exercise in this weekend, too. I might not make it to the gym, but I'm going to try and stay as active as possible with walking, swimming, playing sports, etc. Let's all have a successful weekend!

In my experience, most people are genuine with their "Have you lost weight?" comments. Of course, all of those comments have come recently when I actually have lost weight. When I weighed 215, I never heard that. I think people kept quiet because all they could say truthfully was, "Have you gained weight?", which really isn't that nice to say.

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? None here, really. Maybe a trip to the beach and a baseball game. Other than that, just relaxin'.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 02:22 PM   #53  
Proud US Navy Wife

JustForUs - He's in the military, and he has to go on a ship for 6 months =/ And my mom named her car too.. and our house. Don't worry, you're not the only one!

I'm feelin good today, besides the usual evils of TOM ugh... plannin on doin really well this weekend, then Monday, it's off to the hospital for my sister's testing for an unspcified amount of time. This should be interesting... heh. So I won't be here for a few days.. I'll miss you all!

Urg.. I don't feel like moving at ALL today.. =x.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:11 PM   #54  
All That's Left of Me

Hey gals! I've been super busy lately just tring to take care of Jobe and my Grandma. She's still trying to recover from the strokes she had, and needs a lot of help with most of the day-to-day tasks we all take for granted. Anyway's glad to see that everyone is doin' okay. I'll try to check in later.

Love ya all,
Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 03:57 PM   #55  
Sara G.

I don't know if any of you remember from last week when I was talking about my fatigue? Well, I got my lab results back and found out I am slightly anemic, so I have to start taking an iron suppliment. That could make me tired. I'm glad it's nothing big. Also I was nervous because I thought I dropped down to 237 rather quickly.... well, they had one of those old funky scales at the doctor's office and it must have be out of wack. I actually weighed 246.

I AM down 2 more pounds though, 244. I'm happy about that. I've been a good girl! My parents and I went to the Mall of America on Wednesday and then over to IKEA. I think I fell in love with IKEA, if that's possible. I'm going to furnish my whole apartment using IKEA when I move!

I'll have to read over the posts, I've been away for a few days. Hope everyone had a great week. I start EMT class on Monday, pretty excited about that.

Sara G.
Laila_girl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 05:52 PM   #56  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

We just got an IKEA here near Dallas, it's actually in Frisco, TX about 20 minutes away. I've been dying to go, never have been before, but it's a mad house there, people driving in from all the nearby states and the parking is just ridiculous. I"ll wait a few months before I venture there, but I have the catalog! YUMMMY prices!!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 06:07 PM   #57  
Proud US Navy Wife

I am such a sheltered child.. I have never seen anything IKEA.. I suppose I should go look it up, so I can see what all the fuss is about! (Especially considering I've had most of the things in my room for my entire life.. all wicker, and mostly falling apart! =x)
Old 08-19-2005, 07:22 PM   #58  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

hey all - i agree - we all need a way to stay on track.
we have a nutricionist at school - I'm wondering if I should go? I mean, we all know what she will say - but will it be worth it? or should i just see the free phycologist and see where she points my bad eating habbits ?? haha
so how to stay on track - hrm.
next week classe start - so I will start to be too busy (finally) to obsess too much about food soon - I hope.

ugh i think i am going to have to run in the heat today - since I took yest off (badly with my dimsum challenge...) but the deli i did a bit better in...

ok here is to keeping on the plan!
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:57 PM   #59  
Sara G.

So, I was just thinking about something that really ticked me off the other day. I went to the Endo doc for an appointment and you have to get weighed and you bp checked before you see the doc. Well, I'm a nursing asst. and I take Blood pressures all the time. I can pretty much tell what size cuff to use on who. Well, the guy who took my pressure just really made me mad! There was already an "adult long cuff" on the machine (it's the same width as an average size, just longer for thicker arms). I know I'm a big girl, but I also know the average size will fit (I take my bp all the time at work) and an adult long would definately fit! Well, that A-hole unhooks the long and grabs a THIGH cuff (it will fit around a LARGE thigh!). The thing was as wide as the length of my upper arm! It was WAY WAY WAY too big! I could have slapped him! I should have said something! URRRRR! IT feels much better venting about it!.

Thanks for "listening"!

Sara G.
Laila_girl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 09:15 PM   #60  
Proud US Navy Wife

Laila - *gasp!* I'm shocked! I mean, could he even take an accurate reading with that? Seriously grrr. I know a little bit about things like that, my mom was a nursing student (until they threatened to fail her because she was giving injections too slowly, so she dropped out). I would have slapped him.. then been like "the adult one fits, thanks". Then again, I have a bit of a temper..

*hugs* I hate stupid people like that.