Old 07-31-2005, 12:32 PM   #61  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Checking in to see how I did . . .

- work out at least five days a week (3-4 running, 2 strength/circuit training)

I did this for the most part -- I only did three times the week I was on vacation, but other than that week I only skipped working out twice.

- get my mile time under 11 minutes, preferably down to 10:30 (I'm 11:04 right now)

Accomplished! Ran a mile Friday in 10:40.

- run 5K in 36 minutes

I haven't timed my 5K recently enough, and last time I ran it in 39. I don't know if I can do it in 36, but I bet I can do it in 38.

- this one may not be possible b/c of time constrains, but improve my endurance so I can run 5 miles

Accomplished!! Ran 6.7 miles this morning!

- do a girly style push-up! I've been working on this one for months

Accomplished! Barely, but I can do it -- all the way down, all the way up!

- weight-wise . . . lose 3 lbs.

Accomplished! I don't remember if I started at 145 or 144, but either way I'm at least three pounds lighter now!

I think July was a big success for me, and I'm hoping August will be just as good!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:13 PM   #62  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

I'm a disaster!!!

My July goals (which I posted and then partially forgot about...)

- Pilates: 3-week Pilates following the program from Denise Austin's book "Pilates" (probably starting July 11th (read the book and try the moves before that)

This is the total disaster. I put the book somewhere and totally forgot about it.

- try to limit coffee & drink more water (1.5 to 2 L)

Water has been great most of the days (it was part of my weekly challenges). I went from drinking 1.5 litres with difficulty to drinking at least 2 litres with ease.
I should have been more specific with the goal of limiting coffee because now it's really hard to judge whether I met this goal or not. I think I did drink less coffee - certainly didn't have it every day and, as far as I remember, had more than one only twice (and the total was 2 cups). I also stopped drinking the Mint Mocha Chip Frapuccinos from Starbucks I was getting addicted to, and only had a few as a treat. Today it was actually the first time I had one in 2 weeks or more.

- work on sleep routine (i.e. go to bed earlier & at regular times, no napping during the day)

This goal was so-so, but I did make a genuine effort through part of the month.

- excercise every day in one form or other (if not gym then at home or in the park, but do something!)

Achieved for the most part, but the first half of the month was much better than the second.

- rope-skipping --> 2 times/week, 30 mins

I did skip, but not twice per week.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote