Old 07-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #31  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Dakota - I'm sorry to hear about your back! Yikes! Well, if you keep up the healthy eating maybe you can still lose a little. That's really frustrating!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:34 PM   #32  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

My month didn`t start out so well which means I'm going to have to work EXTRA hard the rest of the month. After weighing in last week my goal is to be 202 by August and 199 by August 11th [my birthday!!!.]

This is my feed-me-everything-and-don't-talk-back week of hormones. I have actually found that working out kills a lot of my food cravings and mood swings. I guess when I'm thinking about pushing myself I don't have the capacity to think about pigging out. I leave for my cruise next week and I know that is going to be a challenge for me. I'm going to try to eat lean chicken, fish and lots of new vegetables that I don't know how to make for myself.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:35 AM   #33  
Mikey's girl

Just Checking In With Everyone!! How Are You Doing? We Are Coming To The End Of The First Week!! HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING GOOD!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:13 AM   #34  
Big-time loser

Day 6 was on-plan. Exercise and water great, food mostly good (about 100 cals. over). I can't wait until Friday to post my weekly losings!

Edit: Wow - I mean, tomorrow! Tomorrow is FRIDAY!
Old 07-07-2005, 01:18 PM   #35  
Movin' and Losin'

Exercise is going great! I'm even getting in the strength training, which can be a struggle for me. Eating hasn't been the greatest, but it could be worse, too. Hope you are all having a great week!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:08 PM   #36  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

So I've been doing not-so well on my working out, but I'm back on track today..
Anyway! I was thinking about the challenge yesterday when I was grocery shopping and one of my goals is to learn to cook 2 new vegetables this month. SO... I got spaghetti Squash and baked it last night. I'm not sure I did a great job with the cooking (half of it was edible, the other half was too hard) but I ate it and I actually liked it! I think I'm going to learn to make carrots next. I seems like a common veggie, but I've never liked to eat them any way except raw.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:09 AM   #37  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Penguin
- Pilates: 3-week Pilates following the program from Denise Austin's book "Pilates" (probably starting July 11th (read the book and try the moves before that)
- try to limit coffee & drink more water (1.5 to 2 L)
- work on sleep routine (i.e. go to bed earlier & at regular times, no napping during the day)
- excercise every day in one form or other (if not gym then at home or in the park, but do something!)
- rope-skipping --> 2 times/week, 30 mins
I think I'll add something to the above... which is:
- not to give up
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:01 AM   #38  
Big-time loser

Day 7 is pretty much over with, and I claim success! Got in some exercise today, as well as some heavy cleaning. I've gotten 936 minutes of exercise already in week one, which puts me 62.4% to my exercise goal. Whoa! This has been my vacation week though, my gym time will be greatly reduced soon enough. Cals. were low and water was decent. Here's to one week in control! Huzzah! I'll post my one-week weight results tomorrow morning!

... I'm down 6.5 lbs. for week one! Woot!

Last edited by jenicra; 07-08-2005 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:30 AM   #39  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenicra
Day 7 is pretty much over with, and I claim success! Got in some exercise today, as well as some heavy cleaning. I've gotten 936 minutes of exercise already in week one, which puts me 62.4% to my exercise goal. Whoa! This has been my vacation week though, my gym time will be greatly reduced soon enough.
Lol, I was very unhappy about getting very reduced hours for the summer (not enough to live on), but now I hardly have the time to go to work, I'm exercising so much (and commuting)!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:03 AM   #40  
Big-time loser

LOL @ Sushi Penguin.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:03 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Well my start of the month has been so-so. I kept up my excercise and haven't missed a workout yet. Except yesterday when I stopped a mile in to my run because of leg pain. After taking the day off I will try again today which I normally don't run. Hopefully with some extra stretching I'll be OK. As far as the eating front goes...not well. I have skipped breakfast about four times this week and it showing up in overeating the rest of the day. I have recommitted myself to getting this right. Either I'm consistant about excercise or consistant about eating. If I could just get both at the same time. Argh!

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:09 AM   #42  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I'm eating badly, but exercise is good. So it's like I'm canceling myself out, and staying right where I don't want to be, a plateua. I'm thinking of doing South Beach to get a hold on my bad eating, and get back to a lifestyle change in my eating. Although, the first phase of SBD is not a lifestyle, no carbs for two weeks...GAH!!!! Can I do this??? Why am I going to do this to myself...ugh, having one of those mornings. Sorry, for the ramble....
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Week one did not go as planned for me and I did not reach any of my goals. I drank way to much over the holiday weekend, did not get any formal exercise in and ate horrible food with the exception of the last 2 days. I did however somehow lose 3 lbs. I was shocked and stepped on the scale 4 x's just to make sure. I think it's from the last couple days of eating good and my body thanking me for it after what it's been through lately. So today is a start to a new week and I hope to reach my goals or come close this week. It would be so exciting to be in the 150's next week!!!
Keep up the positive attitudes and hard work girls!!

And Jenicra...6.5lbs!!!! You go girl...that's amazing and proof that you worked your booty off this week!
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I'm a little late but here are mine...

My July Goals:
1) Not to eat any goodies from co-workers. This includes the basket of chocolate right by the door! Plan: Pack my own snacks/eat lunch at home
2) Pilates at least twice a week since I've slacked off on that Plan: Every Sunday morning and one evening during week
3) Run 5k in under 25 minutes. Plan:Continue running program from book using pace runs, tempo runs and long runs
4) Get weight under 150 by end of the month. Plan: Continue to exercise everyday and strength train 4x per week, eat healthily
5) Drink only light beer at bars (no mixed drinks). If we drink at home, I'm allowed wine or vodka and diet rockstar as a treat.
6) No fried foods/regular soda. Plan: Since I don't normally order these for myself this means no sips or bites from boyfriend's plate.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:55 AM   #45  
Mikey's girl

Just Checking In Seeing How Everyone Is!! Keep Up The Good Work Ladies!! & Gents!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote