Old 04-14-2004, 12:42 PM   #16  

Tonic-Although they sound similar, Atkins and South Beach are really different. I would read the book if I were you, but there is enough online to get you going. On SBD, you limit yourself during the first two weeks to lean meats, low-fat cheese, vegetables, eggs, fish, nuts, etc. No butter, bacon, full fat cheese and dressings, fruit or dark meat poultry. I think if you've done Atkins, that you won't find SBD restrictive. After the first 2 weeks, it becomes really manageable. I would suggest it to anyone and I believe it is the most healthy, reasonable diet plan out there. Just my two cents...
South Dakota Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:15 PM   #17  

Meredith - It sounds like a pretty healthy diet. My big problem with atkins was I felt sick eating all this meat and fattening stuff (cheese, etc). I did lose weight, but it was too restrictive for me. SBD (from what I have read online) is better.. it lets you eat beans and more veggies. Very nice. I will check out the book this weekend. Thanks!
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:05 PM   #18  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

((Meredith)) Hope your stress levels drop soon!
Jen: Good to have you back! Sounds like you had a great trip back home!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:59 PM   #19  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi All! It's the middle of the week, we are almost half way throught the month of April tomm! Wow, times flies.

I have decided to do some sort of diet....I'm not a diet person, I rather just watch what i eat...I'm thinking maybe a modiefied Atkins....that could help motivate me, doing something new and different.

I am joining the gym this week!

I had to post this....my way of getting myself psyched and ready to go.

Have a great rest of the week everyone!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:31 PM   #20  

I passed my real estate national test today! I am so happy. It only took one try, everyone had been warning me that it might take a few tries so I shouldn't get discouraged. Now all I have left is my class and test for the state and I will be a licensed broker's assistant. Now I have the whole weekend to relax. I found out today that my ex-husband is leaving town tomorrow at 3:30 so my anxiety level has dropped big time. Now the only thing I'm nervous about is driving in the city during my weeklong class. I've never actually driven there and I'm sure most of you would laugh at me because Sioux Falls is not really a big city at all. I'm going out to celebrate tonight with my family and the broker I'll be working with is taking me out to breakfast tomorrow. I love the rewarding feeling from accomplishing something. I usually make a big deal out of nothing.

Have a great day everyone!
South Dakota Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 07:33 PM   #21  

Congrats Meredith! What a wonderful accomplishment! Enjoy your celebrating tonight & tomorrow morning.
And hey, trust me, I understand what you're saying about Sioux Falls! I mean, it IS the biggest "city" South Dakota has to offer, anyway! It's busy there, and it's grown a lot over the past 10 years or so. But I'm sure you'll do fine! You can handle SF! (-;

Hope the rest of ya'll are doing well and looking forward to a great weekend. DH is home this evening for the first time since I got back from my 10-day trip to SD, so we're enjoying the chance to just be together. Time is precious!
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 07:54 PM   #22  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Yesterday was not on plan, but it wasn't too bad either. Little tiny bit of exercise, eating at about 1800 cals. Nothing to freak out about, just off due to circumstances. Unfortuneatly, today is also off - but that's the plan. Today is my fiance's and my 5 year dating anniversary. He got a recipe from my mom for platski pierogi's (my family's polish/his is spanish - so we've got lots of yummy ethnic food to choose from via our families) and is cooking it for us for dinner tonight. Yummy, yummy! Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday evening!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:06 PM   #23  
Divine Gal

here is my new haircut and highlights gang!! I miss yall

its my new avatar
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:01 PM   #24  

Way to go Meredith!!!! I'm sure you're quite relived!!

Lynnie: You look mahvelous dahling! Simply, MAHVELOUS!!
deeloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:30 AM   #25  

Meredith - Congrats on passing your test!!!!

Jen - Wow 5 years sure does go by fast huh? Sounds like you two will have a very romantic dinner. Have fun!

Lynnie - Love the new look!

I have NOT been on plan. But I'm ok with it. I'm gonna start South Beach on Monday (gotta finish up the food we bought).
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:37 AM   #26  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Meredith: Congrats on passing the exam!!! Way to go!

Lynnie: Hair looks absolutely fabulous darling!

Hey all and happy friday!

Did anyone watch the finale of the apprentice? That is the only show I have been able to catch with my school/work schedule. I loved it! I'm glad Bill won, but I like Kwame as well...either would have been great. I think Bill is kind of cute...might be the 250,000 annual income though??? HEE HEE

have a great weekend everyone!
:
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:15 PM   #27  
Divine Gal

Thanks gang!! BIL was supposed to have surgery to have shunt put in his head and a trach but they postponed it again...
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote