Old 03-07-2004, 01:12 PM   #1  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Default Weekly Chatting Thread 3/7 - 3/13

Oops. I chatted in last week's thread... oh no, will anyone ever forgive me? Oh well, it was a completion to the conversation going on over there anyways. So... how's everyone's new week going? It's Dead Week for me - the last week of classes. Dead used to mean that there wasn't supposed to be much homework/new assignments but the meaning has turned into more of a "you'll be dead after this week" kind of feeling. The most difficult week of the term... and then, tadada - finals week. I know there's a couple other college brats out there, and probably a few on quarters rather than trimesters... how are you hanging in there?

Spring is so close!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:05 PM   #2  

I hope everyone's had a great weekend! DH & I had a nice, relaxing one...I could handle extending it one more day, but guess that won't fly with the 'ol employer. (-; Hee hee.....it will be good to get back into the swing of things, though. DH has an extra night off this week at his 2nd job, so that will be a treat to have him home more!
We had sort of a "planned indulgent" weekend, food-wise.. ..but portions were pretty normal/reasonable, so it was good. I didn't work out this weekend, so I'm excited to get back to the gym & sweat tomorrow! I've started taking Sundays off from working out as a rule, and I really like that. Saturday just turned out too busy to exercise; I normally get in at least 30 min. of cardio on Saturdays. But such is life! I will get in 6 solid workouts this week, and anticipate a nice 1-2 lb. loss come the weekend!
Have a wonderful week, all.
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

sometimes it's good to look at the big picture:

i had a good weekend, too. sad that it's almost over!
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 02:13 PM   #4  
Big-time loser

Oh my goodness - it's 11 AM and I just woke up! No! I've been so sleepy! All day yesterday was spent napping, and then I sleep really late. Not to mention the 4 classes I'm missing during the last week of classes! Oh well. What can I do about it now? Enjoy the beautiful spring weather we're having in the PNW.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:15 PM   #5  
Big-time loser

P.S. Holly I love you graph AND your bf. Maybe guys with the name David are just especially sweet (that's my fiance's name too). BTW, rereading this, I think I should point out that I read that your bf made it in the journals section, not to freak you out with my psychic abilities.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:30 PM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

jenicra: You said it best...I will be dead after this dead week...I'm trying to make room for some fun (my b-day is tomm) after I write several papers, and study for all the esams that I have next week I feel your pain

Hello All: Have A Great Week!!!!!

I'm in a great mood, I had a great first date on Saturday, spring is in the air...La, La, La.....
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:34 PM   #7  
comeback member

Go Spill, go Spill !!!!

I am really glad you had a great first date!! Hope there will a lot more! (with the same guy or tons of others!!) I get carried away easily....*giggle*

Sacha
bella sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 05:37 PM   #8  
it's the getting up

I hear you girls about dead week. I am starting to think I'm nuts for starting over right now, but maybe a little pressure is what I need. Good luck to you all. Jen, Sacha, Jina, and Lynnie way to go girls awesome!
sunseeker_ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:56 PM   #9  

Jamie, it's so good to see you back on the board again! We missed you! Welcome back! And WTG for starting over NOW, and not waiting any longer. (-; You rock!

Happy early Birthday, spillthebeans! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Holly, I like your graph. Every weigh day, when I enter a loss on FitDay, I look at the long-haul chart. It's motivating & inspiring, I agree!

I'm eating the BEST hawaiian pita pizza right now--good grief, it's SO good! But then I was very hungry after my loooong workout this afternoon. (-;
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 07:12 PM   #10  

Jen - Pita bread pizza sounds SO GOOD! I might have to make one for dinner tonight.

I'm leaving for my trip in a few days, so I'm trying not to go to the grocery store and am being creative with what is left in my refrigerator. Not as fun as my usual plan of picking out fun recipes to try each week.

My knees are still healing, haven't been exercising other than lots of walking, but I'm trying to watch what I eat a little more carefully while I'm taking a break.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:18 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

Jamie Welcome Back!!! Good going on Starting Over sweetie... I missed you... and I know you can get down to that 1 again...
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:05 PM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Jamie: Welcome back!! You were definitely missed! I'm so glad you're back!!

Holly: What an inspiring weight-loss chart! Thanks for sharing!

Spill: Congrats on the great first date!! That's so exciting -- keep us posted.

Jenicra: Hope your "alive" week goes well!

Jen: Glad you had such a great weekend and that you're enjoying that pita pizza so much!

Katia: When do you leave? How long will you be gone?

I had another great weigh-in tonight. Another 4.5 pounds gone forever! I think I'm finally getting the hang of eating healthy AND exercising. They've never both worked together for me! And, I made my first step into the 170s in at least three years. Lots of exciting stuff!

Oh, something not so exciting... I'm really sunburnt on one-half of my body. We went to a Yankees spring training game today, and the half of me that was facing the sun is bright red. My fair skin just can't handle this Florida sun very well! But, the game was lots of fun, anyway.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:11 PM   #13  
Big-time loser

Sorry about that sunburn Jina.
Jamie: Welcome back! I'm sure those lbs. putting you over 199 will come off quickly. Maybe we can get to 1derland together!

Gosh I'm tired! And I've only been up for 7 hrs! My body must be trying to tell me something... I'll see how I feel tomorrow and maybe I'll take tomorrow as a rest-from-exercise day.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:19 AM   #14  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Jamie: Welcome Back, good to have you back

Jina: just 3 words for you! You Go Girl!!!!!! Congrats! That is awesome...ok that was really more than 3

Jen24: Thank you, and since it is my b-day and I'm thinking Pizza for lunch (where do you get the pizza you were eating...is it home made?)

...but maybe I should have a salad and go pick up a new shirt or something from the mall???? MMMmmmhhh, maybe both

I have date # 2 tomm night....yeah!!!!!!!!!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:42 PM   #15  
it's the getting up

thanks so much y'all for the warm welcome back. looks like everybody who's stuck around is doing great- such an inspiration! I definately missed you guys, and I know your support and kind words are what helped so much the first time. a lot sore from yesterdays workout so I think I'll take a long walk in this awesome spring weather we are having- better not jinx myself though, tomorrow we could get 6 inches of snow! I don't know about y'all but I am sooo welcoming the warmer weather. so my first goal of this week other than posting daily and working out is to quit my soda kick. here's my current mantra... hello, my name is Jamie and I am addicted to coke! I'm sure there are worse things to be addicted to but in my little food journal I was consuming over 60 oz of coke and thats like 700+ empty calories alone. Coca-cola is the devil, so this week I am trying to be coke free- at least real coke- right now I'm kinda enjoying my diet coke with lime, not to shabby! Hope all you ladies have a fabulous tuesday and enjoy the sunshine if you have some in your area- except Jina! Go get some noxeema, advil and aloe for that burn girl, glad you had a good time at the game though!
sunseeker_ak is offline   Reply With Quote