Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 09:58 AM   #31  

Noooo! I did bad! I ate 4 peices of pizza last night, they were relatively small, but it was quite unnecessary to eat 4 of them.

I haven't been watching what I eat. I really need to get back on track and plan out everything I'm going to eat. I know I eat okay when I do that.

I am now committed to start again.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:34 AM   #32  
Movin' and Losin'

Sacha: No throwing report cards out the window!

Tonic: Hopefully, I don't have to give a butt kicking!

Katia: I've still got about 30 pounds to lose, but I'm almost scared about getting close to goal, if that makes any sense. What if I'm still not happy with my body? What if some of this fat never goes away? What if we keep working hard, and we still can't see the progress that we want to see? I really don't have an answer to your question. I guess like you said, all you can do is keep working hard. I would definitely think running a half-marathon would do some serious work on your thighs! By the way, I am so impressed that you're doing that -- it's amazing!

Dee: That's OK about the pizza. I think the key is realizing you overate and make changes to not let it happen that often. You'll do great!

Things have been going great here. I've been exercising and eating healthy all week, and it feels fabulous! And, I think these healthy choices are becoming habits, which is wonderful news! I actually *love* exercising now. That is a huge change for me.

My dad is coming to visit this weekend, so I've been busy cleaning. It will be a fun weekend. Too short, though! I think they all are, though.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-26-2004, 10:48 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i peeked today. it said 187, so maybe 2 of those pounds yesterday were bloat or something. at least there's less fat to go now!
Old 02-26-2004, 11:15 AM   #34  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Dee: 4 pieces isn't too bad, really. Especially if they were small. But you're right, indulgences like that have to be worked into your usual food program, not added right on top!
Jina: I'm so excited that you have started to love exercising! I hope I can get there sometime soon - sometimes I look forward to it, but not always, and I'm always ALWAYS glad when I do it.
Holly: Happy to hear that your weigh-in yesterday was temporary. That's always nice, huh? Maybe those 2 other oounds are water weight too and you'll lose them easily as well? We can always hope!

Today is a crazy day! I work at the newspaper this morning (I should SO be getting ready right now), then I have a French test (C'est vrai!), then I zip over to my other job, then race up to Portland (shout-out to StarPrincess! It's a 2.5 hr. drive.) for our catering meeting. Yikes! And I have a little bit of homework to do tonight before I get to sleep. I'm tired already.

Last edited by jenicra; 02-26-2004 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:39 AM   #35  

Jina - That's exactly the way I'm feeling - I'm getting nervous because I'm finally really close seeing what my goal looks like and my body is still not where I want it to be. I don't want to set my goal lower because apart from these isolated fatty areas, the rest of my body is in pretty good shape. I know all this work wasn't wasted because I am a lot healthier as a result, I just had a mental image of what "goal" would look like (and I'm only 5 pounds away as of this morning - 130.0 on the scale) and I'm afraid that I'll never get there.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:37 PM   #36  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I'm so excited! The baby I've been watching for the last 6+ months just started crawling today! Oh, he's sooooo cute! I love it!
Old 02-26-2004, 04:54 PM   #37  

Sounds like most everyone's having a good, if busy, day! I have been blessed with a snow day today, so I got to stay at home. And, it actually snowed (here in SC it's more often ice or sleet). It's so pretty!
Congrats on the 2 lbs, Holly--that must be a helpful relief. (-; The rest will come, I know it!
Sacha--I hope the report cards don't eat you alive! You can finish 'em--and what a relief it will be when they're done, I bet.
Have a great night all--I plan to stay in & cozy up with my DH!
Old 02-27-2004, 08:58 AM   #38  
comeback member

Good morning!

What a great day it is...I am visiting my parents, my dog and my cat this weekend! My fiancé and I are going to a motorcycle show on Saturday...Can't wait to try a new jacket because the one from last summer is way too big now!

Jen --- Do you have a March break/Spring break?

Jina --- Since you seem to be a reality TV fanatic like me, do you watch Amrican Idol? I am addicted to that show man!

Sacha
Old 02-27-2004, 10:07 AM   #39  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, Sacha! Glad you're having a great day and are in for a great weekend! Are the report cards causing you any more trouble?

My only reality TV vice is "The Bachelorette/The Bahelor." I really don't watch TV much, but I can't miss that show. Sad, I know...

Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-27-2004, 10:53 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

oooh bachelorette, i watched that. did you like the guy she picked jina? i didn't. i wanted her to pick the other one!

did pretty good yesterday, but my boss, the bank, and traffic lights made me miss that yoga class i was so excited about. i hadn't packed tennis shows, so i couldn't really do anything else at the gym. i was all mad and i went home. but i forced myself to do my yoga dvd, so i got some exercise/stretching. and today i'm going to the gym for a normal workout. not sure if it will be UB or LB.

and eating? by fitday's count: 1359. not bad! yay.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:07 AM   #41  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Friday Everyone!

I am going out of town with friends this weekend, we are headed to a friend's lake house...and will call for me to be in a bikini...we are getting into the jacuzzi!

Scarey thing, I will be trying on swimsuits tonight when I get off of work, hopefully I can find one that makes me look skinny (yeah, that would be a nice world) so wish me luck.

What are everyone else's plans for the weekend?
Old 02-27-2004, 11:56 AM   #42  

Another snow day today! You guys must think I'm completely spoiled! And, well, I am. (-; This has turned into an unexpected 4-day weekend, for which I am SO grateful!
Spillthebeans, good luck with the swimsuits. They can be unforgiving, I know--I hope it goes well!
I'm eating leftover chicken parmesan that I made last night, and if I do say so myself, it ROCKS! I can't believe it turned out this good. I'm actually excited about the leftovers!
Sacha--I do have a spring break, but it's the first week in April. Here, they make our week off coincide with the week before Easter. I'm really excited for it, because I'm flying up to SD to work on the house that DH & I will be living in when we move up there in June. It's going to be awesome--such a blessing! Right now I'm busy helping pick the bathroom faucets, vanity, lighting, etc....all from 1500 miles away! You gotta love the internet for that.
Have a great day everyone! I'm off to grocery shop & then get my workout.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:00 PM   #43  

This is going to be a hermit weekend for me! I've got a lot of work to do for school and this is the last weekend I will be in town until April. I'll be in New Zealand on a school trip for most of March and have more preparation left for that trip than I ever thought possible.

I also have a 7 mile run planned for the weekend - either Saturday or Sunday depending on which day has better weather. Very intimidating distance for me, but I'll just go really slowly until I finish. I'm not trying to be speedy, just keep making my distance goals.

So, it will pretty much be exercising or studying for me until Sunday night, when I get to take a break for an Oscar party.

spillthebeans - I'm sure you'll have great luck finding a cute new bikini. Don't let any unflattering dressing room lighting get to you (this always kills me - I look pale and greenish in that light) the bathing suits will only look better in natural light!
Old 02-27-2004, 01:12 PM   #44  
Movin' and Losin'

Holly: I thought I liked Matt a lot better, but I ended up liking Ian, too. Both were cute, that's for sure!

Spill: Have fun this weekend, and good luck with the bikini shopping! I agree with Katia, the lighting in dressing rooms is terrible! But, unfortunately, that's not the major problem with my swimsuit shopping...

Jen: Another snow day??? WOW! You are fortunate! Did you get a lot of snow?

Katia: Have a great time in New Zealand! I would love to go there. What will you be doing? Also, good luck with running!

My dad is coming to visit this weekend. I'm excited! We're going to spring training on Saturday -- should be fun. I love baseball!!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-27-2004, 04:18 PM   #45  

Jina--We only had an inch or less here at my house, as far as I could tell. But my county/school district is pretty big, so there were apparently areas that had up to 8 inches (which is a lot for SC!). Whatever the reason, I was just happy for the day off! (-;
Closed Thread