Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 07:10 PM   #16  
Movin' and Losin'

Lynnie: Sorry to hear that you're battling those same two pounds. It feels like I've been the same weight for months now! It can get frustrating. But, I figure as long as you're still making positive changes, your body will eventually cooperate and drop pounds. Just keep at it! As for measuring, I'm not sure... I'm not good at it. I'm never sure that I'm measuring the exact same way each time. Maybe someone else can help you out.

Jen: It's good to hear things are going great for you!

Things are going well here, too. I lost 2.5 pounds this week, and I've been keeping at jogging. I'm still only jogging 1/4 of a mile, but it is getting easier. Exercise in general is definitely a habit for me now. I feel like I'm missing something in my day if I don't exercise.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-24-2004, 07:54 PM   #17  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Jina - I know what you mean. I always dread exercising, but once I start and when I'm done, I love it.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:58 PM   #18  

jen & Jina - Right now, I feel the same way about exercising. I have to drag myself there but afterwards I am so glad i went. I hope to get back to the stage where I actually enjoy it, but I need to reduce the stress in my life. But that won't happen for awhile.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:12 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie24
When taking your measurements for your hips; Do you lift your stomach if its hanging the same length to ur hips or do u measure your hips around the stomach?
i just go right around my lower belly. hey, it's gonna shrink out of there sometime!
Old 02-25-2004, 10:50 AM   #20  
Big-time loser

Today is Day 7 of staying on plan 99% - I had about 1700 cals. Saturday, but that was my only discretion (and that wasn't a huge deal). I am so proud of myself! And it definately paid off at the scales.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:52 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

my weigh-in was bad. up 4 pounds for the month. argh.

david's promised to kick my butt when he can. i've promised to actually start counting, like i've been doing these last 5 days.

and i'm back to weighing weekly. i am just not accountable monthly.

i feel bad right now. i feel like none of my clothes fit (they do) and that i look HUGE (i don't, no more so than before). it's a blow to my self image and i will have to work to get it back. but i will.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:11 AM   #22  

Holly - I know that right now you feel bad, but weight doesn't all come back overnight. So don't worry. You are bound to have ups and downs along this journey, but you are making all the right decisions to stay on track. So just remember you are in this for the long run and that you are determined to succeed even though things seem very tough right now.
I hope you feel better.

Jen - You are doing great!!! I had a mini binge last night. Ate too many carbs (popcorn and crackers). Oh well. I think it was related to TOM.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:32 AM   #23  
Big-time loser

Holly - Keep your head up - those 4 lbs. can be off in 2 weeks. No worries. You're already on the right track... if you can't be accountable for a monthly weigh-in than you've realized that you've got to change your habits. And it sounds like you're already well on your way to doing so.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:02 PM   #24  
Big-time loser

Yes, yes, yes! I ate pizza responsibly last night (2 slices). I tried to pawn the leftovers off on my friend, but no dice. So I came home with 3 more slices. It called to me today at lunch. I ate one. I ate another. And you know what I did with the third one? THREW IT AWAY! Hurrah for responsible indulgences!

Last edited by jenicra; 02-25-2004 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:09 PM   #25  
Movin' and Losin'

Holly: With the changes you're making, those four pounds will come off sooner than you think. You can do it!

Jenicra: WOW! That is awesome. I absolutely love pizza! I don't know that I would have the restraint that you did. Great job!
Old 02-25-2004, 03:26 PM   #26  

Jenicra you ROCK!!!! Now it's my turn. For dinner tonight I've got a meeting and there will be pizza. Pizza is my downfall! I seriously could eat it everyday of the week! I'm proud of you that you threw away the rest of it. I'm just getting in to the mindset that it's better for me to throw away or pawn off food to others than to "clear my plate" just because it's there. I'll let you know how many I eat. (Now that I know I'm accountable, I think I'll be less tempted to pig)
Old 02-25-2004, 07:15 PM   #27  

Sounds like you ladies are making some smart decisions these days. (-; I agree, Holly, you will take care of those extra pounds before long! I know it is a tough place to be; been there myself the past couple weeks. You can do it, though.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:49 PM   #28  
comeback member

Helloooooooo everybody!

Everybody seems to be in a good mood! I'm glad!

Just wanted to let everybody know that I am about to throw all those report cards out the window...They are due Monday and I am way behind. Will I survive???

Besides that I am having a great week! Can't wait for April first!!! I am so into that challenge! 160, here I come!!!

Sacha
Old 02-25-2004, 11:12 PM   #29  

Has anyone noticed that they lose weight really unevenly? I was looking at this little notebook that I've been keeping with my measurements and weight. I haven't updated it in a year, but a year ago I was about 10 pounds heavier and most of my measurements were 1 inch larger.

I know it's not much, but I was just working on maintaining for most of the year, didn't actually move the goal weight down to 125 until the end of September/beginning of October.

Anyway, my upper thighs? Have not shrunk a fraction of an inch. The rest of my body is shrinking away slowly, even the lower half of my thighs, the upper thighs seem destined to stay flabby. I do plenty of lower body strength work - squats, lunges, leg presses, inner and outer thigh machines, calf raises, hamstring curls, etc. I have nice muscles in that area, it's just covered with jiggly fat that will not leave.

I know I should just keep up the good work, it's just frustrating. I have to wear fitted pants in a size larger than my hips and waist need just to cram the thighs in. I'm going to keep running, if anything will budge all the fat, a half-marathon's got to help.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:59 PM   #30  

I did bad no workout for me today and I had ice cream. Oh well, tomorrow I will work out..

If I don't I give you permission to kick my butt.
Closed Thread