Old 01-04-2016, 09:42 PM   #61  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Busy today! Back to work this week. I'm going to miss those long weekends!

Rie: I'm glad you're starting to feel better! And that bomb game sounds like so much fun!
If I had played ME chronologically, I probably would have gone with Liara. But having seen all 3 games, he seems like a great option! Love him, even not as a romance option for the lead! I like smart*ss characters.
How's DAI going?

Anity: Jump right on in! Glad to have you!

makebelieve: Those are all great goals. Walking with your fiancee and dog will be great exercise! I love walks with others (and pets).
I'm a fellow calorie counter. It's worked the best for me in the past and present. Do you use a phone app at all?
Feel better soon! 'Tis the season.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:42 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Hey guys! I'd like to join in too
I'd love to connect with people my own age.
I've lost about 20 lbs so far, and only have 5 or 10 more to lose. I'm taking it slowly so the weight doesn't come back for a third time. I want to spend 2016 really focusing on my fitness and health.

I have one semester left and I know it's going to be stressful (I have to finish my senior thesis and get my art show ready by May!) After that, I will be taking an online herbalism course to start my path to becoming a certified herbalist. Hopefully, I'll finally quit smoking (it's so easy to not smoke when not at school) and focus my efforts on my abs instead

Here's to the best year yet!
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:28 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photosphere View Post
Thank you so much, munchey!
My starting weight is 171 lbs, and target for july 3rd is 155 lbs!

I look forward to everyones great success
Photosphere:
I entered your stats on the spreadsheet. The goal date is 3-7-16. I see you mentioned July 3. I made an assumption that it is just a mistake. If 155 is not your goal for 3-7-16, let me know and I'll adjust it for you.

Munchey
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:37 PM   #64  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I see the problem. Us Americans have a funny way with dates compared to the rest of the world. Final weigh is March 7 not July 3
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:23 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/154

Height: 5'6''

thank you for the welcome back, Penny and Rie! And welcome to the new joiners!

My first days are going well. I succeeded in packing healthy food only for school and eating well despite the constant stress to being back to school. Habits I really want to keep for the rest of the school year.

I'm a calorie counter as well! To calorie counters out there, may I ask what calorie-counting app/site you use? I decided to try livestrong but it bothers me I can't find gram measurements and some of my foods.

I hope everyone is having a good day! We can all do this

Rie - France is nice! Though what I really miss the most is the sun and all the yummy tropical fruit I could get in Brazil. It's not as simple to learn to survive in cloudy, cold weather. But I can't complain, I'm happy to be with my hubby and being jobless actually allowed me to start art school. Also food in here is sooo delicious!

Last edited by anity; 01-05-2016 at 04:24 AM.
anity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:24 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Didn't do so great eating yesterday Went grocery shopping for some healthy snacks though. Today is a new day. Went for the walk on Sunday night but not Monday night.

Riestrella - Ugh, I hate being such a procrastinator. I gotta stop putting off my own health! I may put the gym goal off for the end of the month or for next month. I think the walks will be pretty easy - we don't walk very far just around the condo complex where we live. Maybe a quarter mile if that. Bleh, my fiancee is still all about junk. She's starting to have health problems from it, but even still she will say oh yeah I don't eat healthy enough... but doesn't actually want to eat anything healthy. She's practically "allergic" to fruits or veggies. :P

nonameslob - Thanks! I thought it would be a nice way to set aside some time for us to talk & get moving as well.

fuct - How was your tea? My mom, sister, and a few friends love all sorts of types of tea. I have one friend in particular that is really into different flavors. I've always meant to try but haven't really tried any tea... except iced tea which I don't really care for. :P

Penny105 - Hey thanks. I'm excited for the walks! I use a few apps! I'll mention them below.
&
anity - Hooray calorie counters! Calorie counting worked for me the last time I lost a large amount of weight. In the mean time it's helping me control portions and such even when I'm not eating the best foods. Eventually I want to focus on eating clean, but right now I'm mostly focusing on eating less.

As far as weightloss / calorie counting apps I use a couple:

Myfitnesspal - The main app I use to track my food & exercise. It's pretty simple and easy to use, I've used it since like 2012 or 2013 I think. I like that you can use the barcode scanner to easily add things. I know they have their own forum and you can have a blog on there as well I think though I've never actually used that part of the community. You can also add people as friends, feel free to add me if you'd like. My name on there is kds61888.

Fooducate - I don't use this one as much as I used to. I got it back in 2013 at the time there was a free and paid version... I'm not sure if that is still the case. You can use it to track your food as well I believe but I never used it for that. But, if you are specifically doing low carb or paleo or vegan or anything it will make recommendations for you and such. It also has it's own little community. I liked it for the fact you can scan different food items by bar code and get the nutritional facts explained and each food gets it's own grade according to fooducate and it tells you why.

Prevent - So long story short my insurance company emailed me about this program called prevent. I'm not sure if I can link it here or not, but if you google 'prevent now' I'm sure you can find it. It's a program meant to help prevent diabetes, high blood pressure, and other obesity related illnesses. You do 16 weeks of their main program, called prevent where you do weekly lessons and you are assigned to a group and a health coach and they send you a scale and stuff. Your goal is to lose 7% of your body weight over the course of the program. Then you move into their program sustain where you continue on with the skills you learn and become part of their larger community of support. Because I'm at risk for/have some of these diseases (I was diagnosed with metabolic syndrome) my insurance is paying for it. The program has an app where I can input my daily food intake and chat with my group members and health coach.
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:11 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

makebelieve anity I use the FitBit app to count calories. Since I have a Fitbit Flex and one of their smart scales, and it tracks my sleep, it is literally everything right there in one app! So convenient!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:35 AM   #68  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Well, my weight dipped a bit today, but it did that before and went right back up. I'm eating within my calories, so I'm not concerned, but it is super annoying.

munchey: Thanks for helping us out!

NNS: Yep, Americans write it the way we say it: March 7th of 2016 (3/7/2016).

Anity: Well done eating healthily despite stress!
I use one app called MyNetDiary (it's on my phone for free), but the units vary for the user-entered foods. However, for all of your foods you enter, you can use metric measurements for all of them.

Makebelieve: It is a new day, and a new moment. What kinds of healthy snacks did you get?
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:55 PM   #69  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Well, today's the day I start calorie counting! MFP says my goal should be 1350 calories so I'll just keep it as that for now and see how I do. So far I've had 354 calories for breakfast and just burned off 354 calories with a dance class so I get to play with 1350 for the rest of the day, woohoo!

Good thing really, since tonight I'm going to eat SUSHI!!! My favourite food! I could eat it every day. I'm going to do my best to track that on MFP, but it might get tricky. I think I'll guesstimate what a piece of nigiri is and then just count how much I eat.

Need to get back to work this week, the director of the project can only afford to pay me 20 hours per week for January so it makes it easier to know how much I can work. I also need to be ON IT with water, I just bought this water bottle, I can't wait for it to arrive! I think it will really help track my water intake during the day.

Penny - I think in my next play through of the ME series I'll go for Liara. I've played through them all twice and chose Garrus both times, just couldn't help it! Ugh, Dragon Age is awesome...but it's so addictive! I keep looking at the Quest Map like "ooh! something over there! oooh, landmark over here!"

Retrorabbit - Welcome! Sounds like you've got an exciting year ahead. If you're new to the forum and can't Private Message me yet, then tell munchey your starting weight (last weeks weight if you have it), current weight (we're on week 1 right now) and your goal weight for March 7th.

Photosphere - Ah yes, the ol' US date format. I'm British so it pains me to use the American way, but most of our lovely forum members are American so didn't want to confuse the majority

anity - I've always used My Fitness Pal, I find the phone app is really easy to use and it has a huge database. Is your husband French or just working there? Wow, that's so cool! I'd love to go back to school for something like art.

makebelieve - she sounds a bit like me, haha! I'm not a huge vegetable/fruit eater, but I know they're so good for you so I do by best. I know what it feels like to be obese and pumped full of fats and sugars, I don't want to go back to that feeling so it motivates me to eat well. Yup, you can always start fresh right after you stumble, there's no stopping you!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-05-2016 at 12:58 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:59 PM   #70  

Hello!! I would love to join this challenge! I'm hoping to lose around 90 lbs this year and I would love to do this with you all!!. Apparently even though this account is pretty old, I have not used it to post, or haven't in a long time so I need someone to link me the spread sheet! Good luck in this new year!!
Sinderhella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:12 PM   #71  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Update rules:

Welcome to the New Year, New You Challenge 2016!

Have you decided enough is enough and it's time to change your life to become a healthier, happier person? Did you kick all sorts of a$$ in 2015 and want to continue your reign of epicness into 2016? Did you do well leading up to Christmas, let yourself go a bit and want to lose some regain weight? Look no further, this challenge is for you! Let's start the new year the right way, by being mindful and treating our bodies with the respect they deserve. We can make 2016 the year that we reach our goals!

Here’s the aim of the game…lose the most percentage of body weight by the end of the challenge and feel healthier and happier than ever. If you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place, you win a shiny badge to put in your signature. You can also win a badge if you stay accountable and weigh in every week. Check out the badges:

This is a spreadsheet challenge! You enter your weights week by week into the spreadsheet. Here's an example of the current spreadsheet so you can see the dates of each week:

Before Joining, PLEASE Read These Rules!
  • You can join this challenge at any time up until the final week of the challenge!!
  • PM me for the link to the challenge spreadsheet where all your weights are stored. You have to have at least 10 posts in the forum to sign up. Once you have the link do not share it with anyone, I will be in charge of giving the link to members, thanks! If you're interested in the reason for this please click here (it's dumb)
  • If you are new to the forum and do not have the PM (Private message) feature yet, please announce in the thread you would like to join and post your information to the attention of munchey, who will enter your info on the spreadsheet on your behalf Click here for more details
  • Enter your Username, Starting Weight (at the weight you are at NOW), which forum you're joining from (20-Somethings, Chicks up for a Challenge or 100 lb. Club) and scroll to the right and enter your Goal Weight.
  • The rest is all filled out automatically by the spread sheet monkeys! Don't worry, they get plenty of bananas.
  • Week by week enter your weight on any day you want between Monday and Sunday.
  • Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
  • Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's dominating over us all.
  • If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in.
  • If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge.
Optional before and after measurements challenge! Read below:
  • I've included a tab on the spreadsheet to enter your measurements! Measure yourself at the beginning of the challenge and at the end to see how much you shrink!

That's it!* A huge part of this challenge is the community support, so please use this thread to talk to each other and update us on your progress. It’s less about just saying “today I weigh ___” and more about actually communicating with fellow sexy candy panda’s and talking about your life and all its ups and downs. Think of this thread more like a chat thread rather than just a place to post weights. We're here for you on your road to awesomeness!!

*FAQ
  • Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes!
  • There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better.
  • My weight changed during the week but I already entered my weight, can I change it? ~ OF COURSE! I always like to use my lightest weight of the week and that's perfectly acceptable to change a weight as the week progresses.
  • The chat thread for my forum is dead...can I talk in a different thread? ~ Absolutely! The 20-something thread is the most active in these challenges, please feel free to drop by no matter how old you are. We honestly wouldn't know the difference even if you're not in your 20's!

Enter your starting weights now and the challenge begins January 4th 2016!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-05-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:01 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

HaveDogWillDiet - I have a fitbit! I believe it's the one that was recalled, the fitbit force. I got it for xmas the last time I was losing weight. I didn't know there was an app and everything with it! Sadly my fitbit is MIA, I found the cord to it last week but an't find the actual fitbit! It got misplaced after I moved. Once I find it I'll be using that for sure.

Penny105 - I got some of my favorites! Almonds, edamame, some greek yogurt and granola.

Riestrella - Haha, I don't LOVE veggies or fruit myself but there are a few I will happily eat... especially when dipped in hummus or cooked in some kind of dish wish a lot of flavor. I love salad, & I like cucumber, carrots, broccoli, celery, peas, & such. Really veggie wise there's not a ton I won't eat. I hate water chestnuts though oh man... damn water chestnuts. I don't know if those are veggies or what but whatever they are I hate them. :P Fruit wise I'm more picky I tend to dislike fruits most people like. I hate melon, watermelon is okay sometimes... but I don't like cantelope or honeydew melon. Yuck. I don't like strawberries, blueberries, black berries, and I have to be in the mood for raspberries. I don't like bananas unless completely slathered in peanut butter or chocolate haha. I mostly like apples, grapes, pineapple, and pomegranate. So all the really sugary fruits. :P

What kinda snacks do you all like?
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #73  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I'm calorie counting too. For the first time in yeeeaars I'm actually counting every single gram and calorie rather than estimating and it seems to be making a big difference. It's shocking how many extra cals you can consume mindlessly (as I clearly have been!).

I seem to have pushed myself a bit too far in body pump and body combat this week; one of my arms feels like it might fall off. Taking a rest day tomorrow so that hopefully I'll be up for body attack on Thursday - I don't want to lose momentum.

Feels really good to be part of this challenge and reading such positivity from you all is making me feel really positive too
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:55 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinderhella View Post
Hello!! I would love to join this challenge! I'm hoping to lose around 90 lbs this year and I would love to do this with you all!!. Apparently even though this account is pretty old, I have not used it to post, or haven't in a long time so I need someone to link me the spread sheet! Good luck in this new year!!

Sinderhella:
WELCOME TO THE CHALLENGE!
I put your name on the spreadsheet. If you can share your starting weight and then goal weight for March 7, 2016, I'd be happy to add that data to the spreadsheet.

Try and see if you can send a PM to Riestrella. Looks like you joined long ago, but just made your first post. If you can't PM her, I will assist you until 20 days have passed and you have made 10 posts.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 01-05-2016 at 05:56 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:04 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchey View Post

Sinderhella:
WELCOME TO THE CHALLENGE!
I put your name on the spreadsheet. If you can share your starting weight and then goal weight for March 7, 2016, I'd be happy to add that data to the spreadsheet.

Try and see if you can send a PM to Riestrella. Looks like you joined long ago, but just made your first post. If you can't PM her, I will assist you until 20 days have passed and you have made 10 posts.

Munchey
My start weight is 223 (todays weight) so my goal for march 7 will be 210. I did send Riestrella a pm. I didnt see the thing about 10 posts until just now. This is actually my second account on this forum, my first was even older than this one and i actually had posts on it ,but didnt remember the account info. Anyways thanks for your help! I'll get on those 10 posts!
Sinderhella is offline   Reply With Quote