Old 01-01-2016, 01:31 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Happy New Year everyone!

Looking forward to this challenge as I feel like I'm in the right frame of mind and I have the right tools and plan to succeed. Starting at 146 but thankfully Christmas vacation wasn't enough to make me gain that much. I had fun dancing at a club last night although I was a bit emotionally conflicted as although I danced with two guys, even though they said nice things about how I looked, I couldn't quite believe them because I still don't like how my body looks (mostly my stomach). It's definitely helping to give me more motivation to keep losing weight though and it's always nice to have an ego boost Going back to LA this month and I'm SO excited as it finally snowed here and I haaaaate it. Sunshine and warmth is worth the extra money it costs to me plus it makes it SO much easier to exercise.

Ali I'm in the same position as you, just turned 28 and trying to make my body look good before I turn 30. Good luck to you!

fuct I'm so sorry for your loss, I lost my mom a couple years ago and it was really hard for a long time so it's totally understandable to need to take a break from weight loss. I'm glad you're trying again this year and hope the running goes well

Riestrella I hear you, I am SO sick of saying I'm going to lose weight and finally do it this year and I hate being that person who never finishes taking action. But you have this great support system here and I believe you can do it Regarding the spreadsheet, I'd keep it public for another day or two to see if the person stops on their own but if it doesn't stop and it starts annoying you, make it private.

makebelieve Hi Kayla! Glad you are taking some time to focus on yourself and figure out your priorities and goals in life. I'm definitely with you on making the most of the rest of our 20s!
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:08 PM   #32  
Nerd on the Go

S/C/G: 160/159.2/120

Height: 5'3"

This time, I swear I'm sticking with it! I have never actually finished one of these challenges, how lame!
TheLibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:31 PM   #33  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Okay, so I remember the first time I lost weight that it was around the 150s that my weight loss started slowing down. It'll probably happen this time too (since I'm only like 8 lbs overweight now). Two pound losses a week will not be normal for me anymore. It is inevitable, it is natural, I will wrap my mind around it and accept it.

I even projected my weight loss through the end of this new year (obviously not a plan to adhere strictly to, but it's a helpful visual), and it does slow down a ton. That's okay - it's part of the plan. I just have to get my emotions and subconsciousness on board with it. But I can do that. It's all part of the process to reach my goal!

Rie: Haha! Really? Wow, somebody on the Internet is bored to death to draw on a spreadsheet! I say do whatever is easiest for you. I'm find if you keep it public - what's a penis drawing or two going to matter?
I'm glad you had a great New Year's Eve!

Zucena: I'm jealous you get to go back to somewhere warm. I went from cold and snow to cold and snowy/icy. Not very fun.

TheLibrarian: Well, then have this one be the one you finish! It's fun to go all the way through these challenges. Plus, you'll get an awesome Finisher badge! Welcome!

Last edited by Penny105; 01-01-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:04 AM   #34  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Yeah, I agree, keep it public as long as it's not too much of a pain for you to recover the latest version, Rie.

TheLibrarian, I'm in the same boat as you; always start these challenges with the best intentions but end up losing focus. This time I'm going to stay more active in the board and post updates so I can stay accountable all the way until March!

Penny, I bet you'd rather be where you are now and losing slow than back at the beginning and losing big numbers each week

Went to Body Pump first thing this morning OWWWW...I'm going to be sore tomorrow. Excited that I actually got up when my alarm went off though! Was very tempted to turn over and go back to sleep. It was tough, but feels amazing to be back on the wagon
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:07 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Hi everyone I would love to join this challenge! I will add my numbers tomorrow when I weigh myself properly at my mums. I am 26, have been overweight my whole life and have had a few health issues that have hindered my weight loss so far. I am roughly 120kgs, or 265 pounds, the heaviest I have ever been. I plan to follow a meal plan very similar to that of the CSIRO Diet, and undertake 30 mins of exercise 3-4 times a week, gradually building up. Thanks for setting this challenge, I really need the accountability!
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #36  
Hello!

You know, one of the benefits to having to wear a belt with my pants is that even when the scale doesn't move, I notice when I need to go down a belt notch.

dayoneagain: You're absolutely right. I would take where I am any day to where I started. ANY DAY. Thanks - that's a good perspective to keep.
Good work getting up and working out! That is not easy!

cadawg89: Welcome to the challenge!
Old 01-02-2016, 11:54 AM   #37  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys! Welcome to all newcomers and all your appreciation for the challenge!

Thank you for your patience regarding the spreadsheet saboteur! I think the kid got bored and has stopped tampering with things, this morning I noticed a lot of the lower usernames were deleted, but it was easily fixed. I have a feeling this one might have been a forum member, if you scroll across the spreadsheet it can delete things. If you notice any unusual activity, please let me know! But in the meantime I THINK we're in the clear.

I've been battling a pretty nasty cold in the last 3 days, the first day I felt run down and fevery, then it seemed to clear and just turn into a cold, but last night I got hit pretty badly with a slight fever again. It's like a roller coaster! Looking at Class Pass it appears that normal gym schedules don't revert back to normal hours until Monday, so I've not been exercising recently. I guess it's good timing with the cold though!

New Years Eve was great, we ended up going to a small house party and playing the game The Resistance. It's great fun!! You get to accuse people of being spies . Hope you all had a great NYE and that 2016 is the best year yet!

Time for personals, sorry I didn't get everyone, but I'm not feeling great so forgive me!

--------------------

makebelieve - Welcome! I hope things work out for you and your fiance. Sometimes it can take courage to analyze things and identify if things are making you unhappy. Don't be afraid to make changes in your life, no matter how difficult, if you feel they are holding you back. You can totally make it to Onederland by the end of the year!

Izzie - What great motivation! I always said if I were to have a wedding I would probably lose the weight in an instant. I'd want to look awesome in a dress!

Penny - Hope the scale plays nicely with you! Who did you choose as your Mass Effect lover?! I always ask this question, I think it tells a lot about a person . Oh yeah, weight loss does slow down a lot for me at the 155 lbs mark. I think if you get in the mindset that you'll be losing 1 lb a week, or even 1 lb every 2 weeks towards the end you'll be fine. It's all normal! My only concern about keeping the spreadsheet public was that if someone weighs in AFTER the idiot has been messing around then that weight will be lost when I reset the spreadsheet. I'm hoping people see something isn't quite right and come back another time! Congrats on going down a notch!!

Zucena - I'm sorry you don't feel totally comfortable in your body, I know how that feels. I started to feel confident in the low 150's, but I knew that until I made goal weight I wouldn't be 100%. But we should cut ourselves some slack, take the compliments and feel great! We deserve happiness. Haha, you're such a LA girl! I LOVE cold weather and I don't like summer a lot. You must have gasped at that, I'm not sorry .
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:44 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 180/166/140

Height: 5'7"

I would like to join this challenge, but for some reason I can't edit the spreadsheet. Hi everyone! This seems like a fun, active thread. I look forward to getting to know you guys.
ultrapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:11 PM   #39  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Announcement! Change in the rules!

To get you all up to speed on the situation, someone has stumbled across the link to the spreadsheet and has taken it upon themselves to mess with the spreadsheet (delete information, change colors, draw a penis - the usual 12 year old behavior). I get my kicks from having a great time with my friends and being creative, some get their kicks from playing with a spreadsheet for a weight loss forum on the internet. Watch out everyone, we got a bada$$ on our hands!

At first I was willing to reset the information and restore a version of the spreadsheet that was tamper-free. However I'm starting to notice people entering information into the spreadsheet at a time when the idiot has been messing things up. Data is now being lost when resetting the spreadsheet, so I've decided to make the spreadsheet invite only.

You will now have to PM me for the link to the spreadsheet. This is prevent the link getting into the wrong hands. Thank you for your understanding, I know it's annoying but I want to be able to run the challenge without this obstacle getting in the way. I thought the imbecile would get bored, but apparently not. What a life they lead, right?

If you are new to the forum then unfortunately you will have to wait for 20 days and have at least 10 posts before you have the PM feature. I know this is hard because a lot of newcomers will want to be apart of this in the new year, but you are absolutely welcome to participate in the chat thread and make a note of your weights each week so when you do get access to the the PM feature you can join.

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-03-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:48 AM   #40  

Height: 5'4"

Riestrella - too bad it has to come to this, but totally understandable. A small price to keep our spreadsheet free of penis doodles

to the newcomers to the challenge!

I seem to have gotten off to a good start. I did my first 10K training workout yesterday, and managed not to die -- always a plus. I also signed up for one of those 6-month long DietBets. I'm hoping the money and milestones will provide an extra push to stick with it. And 10% of my weight in 6 months seems very reasonable.

How's everyone else doing today?
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:56 AM   #41  
Hello!

Bleh. I don't love this part of winter. I like it fine before Xmas, but after that it should just be done.

Rie: Well, I played the series backwards, so I didn't really know anyone when I started, so I picked no one for the lead's love interest. How about you?
Oh well, the internet is home to many trolls / bored juveniles. I'll PM you today.

Ultrapeaches: We normally don't have to lock the spreadsheet, but we've got a bored kid playing in it.

Shelflife: Congrats on starting 10K training! How exciting!
Old 01-03-2016, 12:33 PM   #42  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Good morning everyone!

Phew, I just slept for about 9 hours straight. Quite unusual for me! I think my body needed it after dealing with this cold. Class Pass classes are still not back to normal, so I think I'll do a Insanity video to get my heart rate up. I'll do the rest day video, which is less jumping around and more stabilizing. Still tough!

Weight is holding at 164 lbs this week, still need to weigh in this morning, but that's what my starting weight will be. My goal for the next month is to begin calorie counting. I would love to try the Mediterranean diet, however due to living with the BF's parents I can't exactly control my meals/force them to. I think calorie counting is my best bet until we get our own place, then I'll force the BF to do it with me! But he likes the idea of healthy eating so he won't be bothered. His red meat eating mother would, on the other hand

----------------------------

Shelf - Congrats on beginning the training! Have you entered a race? I loved training for 10K's

Penny - Haha, I know what you mean, it's a little too cold at night now! I loved up Garrus, OBVIOUSLY! He's the coolest. Now you've played them all, who would you choose?!
Old 01-03-2016, 02:17 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/154

Height: 5'6''

Hey Riestrella! So glad to see you're still around here!

I've been having a hard time since I went expat (moved from Brazil to France in 2014)... but I decided it's time I stopped feeling sorry for myself and stepped back into the journey towards the new me! So I'd love to join this challenge!

So please count me in! Looking forward to doing this!
anity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:16 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Hey all! Happy New Year!!!

I did my weigh in today... I was very pleasantly surprised today when I weighed in... to find I only gained .2 pounds over the holidays!!! Technically.. I believe I was 263.6 on 12/14... and then I weighed in between the 25th and 28th and was 268. I figured I'd be back into the 270s after New Years chinese food & not drinking much water since. Hooray! I'm SOOO motivated now. I tend to get discouraged really easily after a gain.

I don't know about you guys, but I tend to never feel "ready" to lose weight. I am a planner so I make excuses like oh let me wait till I've got a little more money to get healthier foods and join a gym, or I should make a meal plan, or clean the house more so I can really have room to do a workout video. So on and so forth. But, I keep telling myself there will never be a good time and I'll never feel 100% ready... and it's just about making small steps to a better me!

So I was trying to come up with some concrete goals for January.

As far as exercise this month I want to ease back into it. My first goal is to go get a gym membership, I know it's not for everyone but I really like going to the gym. Once I get the membership, my goal is to go twice a week... I'm not going to worry about doing x minutes on y machine or anything yet. My goal is just to GO. Also, exercise goal #2 is to go with my fiancee when she takes the dog out AT LEAST once per day AT LEAST 5 days a week. & Finally, I have a wii fit that I haven't even set up since moving. My third goal is to get that set up & play with it at least once a week. Oh! My 4th and final goal is to find my fitbit. :P

Don't know how realistic those goals really will be... but they sound reasonable to me in the moment.

As far as eating goals I want to get back to calorie counting. I signed into myfitnesspal today and updated my info on there. My calorie limit according to them is 1,740. According to a BMR calculator my BMR is 1982. So my eating goal is 1500-1800 calories a day. I am not going to worry too much about macro nutrients... but I am going to be limiting processed sugar, in fact I will be sticking to the myfitnesspal's recomendation to stay under 65g of sugar each day.

Still trying to kick whatever illness I've been fighting... I have been sick since December 18th... but it was at it's worst last week. I'm on antibiotics now and am finally feeling better today.

Thanks for all the welcomes & reassurances! I'm really excited to be part of this little community.

Izzie - I know what you mean, I'd like to be a mom... hopefully before I turn 30... but whenever the time comes I want to be able to have a healthy pregnancy... and also to be able to keep up with the kiddo after they're born! I'm a nanny and some days it's sooo hard to chase after kids and actually get down and play with them. My priorities also shifted to more health related reasons rather than just wanting to be hot. A lot of family members have passed away from weight related illnesses.

Zucena - I love fall/winter, I don't like the hot temps of the summer. But, in about 6 weeks I'll prob change my tune and beg to come with. However the snow does make it more difficult to work out! Though it seems LA (& the rest of california too I think) is a lot more health conscious and being in that sort of environment would probably be helpful.

caldawg89 - Welcome we're right around the same age and weight! I also have some health issues that can make losing weight tough.

Riestrella - Glad you had an awesome NYE. Sounds like a lot of fun. My fiancee and I spent it with my family, we played card games most of the night and just caught up with everyone. It was a nice mostly uneventful evening. Unfortunately I lost my cell phone New Years day... because I left it on the roof of my car when I was putting stuff inside... and then drove off. Luckily it's being replaced Tuesday... and I don't think I'll be losing very much data thanks to icloud. & Thank you. I'm definitely trying to get my priorities together and analyze what I really want from life and such. Hope you are feeling better, hopefully you don't have the same thing as me! Whatever this illness is it's dragging. I've been sleeping a ton, I even have been needing a nap usually about 4-5 hours after I wake up!

It's so tough when you are living with someone who doesn't want/need to eat the way you want/need to. My fiancee is at a perfectly healthy weight... even though she eats nothing but processed junk. Ugh.

shelflife - Hey I forgot all about dietbet! I did a 1 month one back in 2013 the last time I was losing weight.
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:57 PM   #45  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

anity - Welcome back! How's life in France?

makebelieve - I know just what you mean, I'm the type to say "oh, I'll start Monday" or "oh, I'll wait until after the weekend." Sometimes it's scary to change your life to be healthy, change can be scary! But it is just about setting yourself little goals and doing it. I would say for you to focus on one exercise goal at a time, perhaps start with walking the dog before moving on to joining the gym. Just a suggestion, you know your limits, but if you're anything like me signing up for too much at once gets overwhelming! Yeah, I slept for 9 hours straight and woke up feeling like I could sleep more but knew it was time to get up! Ugh, tell me about it, the BF is so thin and toned and has been all his life. He used to be all about the junk food, but has since changed his tune about it so I think he would love to follow a clean diet with me! But he can gorge on food like the best of them at times...